• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Sweet! I've ben meaning to bring this up, alot of people I know are saying that the fox in the trailer is really fox Mc'Cloud's father James... i don't belive this(James has sun glasses) and I was wondering if anyone has a translation for the text under this character's portrait ;p
If you want to get that kind of information, PM someone you know speeks Japanese, maybe someone who has their own thread related to the Japanese Smashsites. All I know is I have been talking to people on Super Smash Blog, and they say that Fox looks so funky because that is his new design tailored to match his Starfox Command outfit.

Sensai

Smash Master
To whoever asked about the whole Pit-moveset-from-his-game thing...I imagine it'll be like Fox/CFalcon. You know, kinda 'he looks like he could do that!' mixed with 'he did that one time in that game!'.

And it didn't occur to me that that was James...I would be very very surprised, although that is a NEAT character idea.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
Sweet! I've ben meaning to bring this up, alot of people I know are saying that the fox in the trailer is really fox Mc'Cloud's father James... i don't belive this(James has sun glasses) and I was wondering if anyone has a translation for the text under this character's portrait ;p
if that wasnt fox`s father then he should a least be a alternate costume:ohwell:

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
Altered Beast Sega Genesis
Baseball NES
Bomberman '93 TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure TurboGrafx-16
Columns Sega Genesis
Donkey Kong NES
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine Sega Genesis
Dungeon Explorer TurboGrafx-16
Ecco the Dolphin Sega Genesis
F-Zero SNES
Golden Axe Sega Genesis
Gunstar Heroes Sega Genesis
Ice Hockey NES
Mario Bros. NES
Pinball NES
Ristar Sega Genesis
Sim City SNES
Soccer NES
Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Genesis
Solomon’s Key NES
Space Harrier II Sega Genesis
Super Mario 64 N64
Super Star Soldier TurboGrafx-16
The Legend of Zelda NES
Tennis NES
Toe Jam & Earl Sega Genesis
Urban Champion NES
Victory Run TurboGrafx-16
Wario’s Woods NES

Don't worry, though, it sounds like Kid Icarus will be among the first titles released in 2007. They're going to be adding 10 every Monday come January.
did they say anything about yoshi`s story or paper mario being downloadable

icymatt

Smash Lord
No, not yet.

But given the amount of titles that should be released next year (10 per month, or 10 per Monday. I'm kinda confused by it right now...), I fully expect both of them to be downloadable in that time period.

Sensai

Smash Master
icymatt said:
10 per month, or 10 per Monday. I'm kinda confused by it right now...
Agreed. I'm not really so sure about things yet either.

10 per month seems more....plausible. 10 per Monday means 40 games per month (give or take 10), meaning 480 games per year.

That's a lot. 10 per month, obviously.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I wish that Nintendo would come up with some new, more creative costume ideas for some people. Or even just slightly update origional costumes, and I don't just mean graphically. I forget who mentioned it, but how Fox looks like James, he should have an updated version of his old costume, and maybe a completely new costume we have never seen before. A better example might be Wario. He has his outfit from Wario Ware: Smooth Moves shown in the NWT. He should also get an updated version of his classic purple and yellow get-up.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Agreed. I mean, I know they want to separate Wario from Mario by emphasizing his current Wario Ware series, but his roots are in the Wario Land games. Personally, I'd like to see some acknowledgement of that, after all, they were good games.

I think the idea of multiple costumes has already been addressed somewhere in the eddying tidepool that is SWF, but I think that's really a quality idea to pursue.

Personally, I've got no problems with Fox's look because I don't much use him. However, I'm a bit wary of what that will mean for Falco, should he return. (And he should)

Andy

ssb6491

Smash Rookie
i like pit the most cause he has the bow and arrow that can come apart into to swords. he also he the multipe jump, and looking @ the recent trailer is fast and has a agility in his running and attacks. i think he'll be upper tier.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
I wish that Nintendo would come up with some new, more creative costume ideas for some people. Or even just slightly update origional costumes, and I don't just mean graphically. I forget who mentioned it, but how Fox looks like James, he should have an updated version of his old costume, and maybe a completely new costume we have never seen before. A better example might be Wario. He has his outfit from Wario Ware: Smooth Moves shown in the NWT. He should also get an updated version of his classic purple and yellow get-up.[/QUOTE/]

there probly just gonna make the alternate costums the original ones but with a diffrent color... cause thats what they did in melee and bros

T-major

Smash Champion
I wish that Nintendo would come up with some new, more creative costume ideas for some people. Or even just slightly update origional costumes, and I don't just mean graphically. I forget who mentioned it, but how Fox looks like James, he should have an updated version of his old costume, and maybe a completely new costume we have never seen before. A better example might be Wario. He has his outfit from Wario Ware: Smooth Moves shown in the NWT. He should also get an updated version of his classic purple and yellow get-up.
how about halloween costume for characters, if you play the game on halloween? like a jack-o-lantern costume for Kirby. they could also add new costumes with WiiConnect 24 (as well as other things like items)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
how about halloween costume for characters, if you play the game on halloween? like a jack-o-lantern costume for Kirby. they could also add new costumes with WiiConnect 24 (as well as other things like items)
Special boss fight...if you play through Adventure on Halloween, you fight Pumpkin Kirby, Cop Peach, Maid ZSS, Vampire Pikachu, Posiden Pit, Oxford Graduate Mario, Harry Potter Zelda, Spiderman Wario, and many more but I don't want to ruin the surprise for all the little kids in the audience.:laugh:

Pumpkin Kirby sounded good, but that's as far as I would go. Halloween costumes wouldn't hit big for me, I would just rather have more regular costumes. No one found it upseting that Yoshi and Kirby got a rainbow of colors, yet Falco and many others got 4? I don't know whose idea it was initially but costume editing would be a good idea. Don't know how they would impliment it, though.

P.S. This isn't the first time Kirby has dressed like food...remember Marshmallow(white) Kirby?

GuitarFr3ak

Smash Rookie
mario will shredd the new characters away^^ this super ultra glitter special move u can see in the first video made me pee my pants. it looks sooo great. i wonder what that new item is he picked up before he started shredding^^

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow. Good thinking about the WiiConnect24 and costumes and such.

How big would that have to be though? It'd suck if I had to spend 5 hours DLing costumes just so I could play for one day (and not even a whole one at that with school and actual Halloweening.)

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
Wow. Good thinking about the WiiConnect24 and costumes and such.

How big would that have to be though? It'd suck if I had to spend 5 hours DLing costumes just so I could play for one day (and not even a whole one at that with school and actual Halloweening.)
Extra costumes should not take up much space at all. In fact, they'd probably easily be under 50 kb or even less. It's just a pallete change, or small changes to models. However, downloadable levels would be much bigger, especially if the audio used isn't already in the game.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Alternate costumes; good idea. Halloween costumes; not so much.

The problem with Halloween is that it only happens once a year. And I know I'm not alone when I say that it certainly lost it's appeal around the time I was old enough to buy my own candy. Nothing against that particular holiday, I just think any seasonal costume ideas aren't going to have any lasting power once that season is over.

Instead, I think alternative costumes would be a nice way to pay homage to a character's history (want a good example, check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance). Many of the characters have been around for quite some time, and thus gone through many looks. Rather than slapping on one specific look and saying "This one is the REAL (insert character name here)" or "This is the SMASH BROS. version of (insert character name here)", it would be kind of cool to play a character using a more familiar costume (See Wario). With some characters, the changes have been little more than a slightly different color scheme, like Mario, and wouldn't even need a separate costume.

Anyhow, I digress. My point is I'm going to have to disagree on the seasonal costumes. It just seems a bit hokey to me. Later.

Andy

Sensai

Smash Master
Fim, when you say it's 50KB, is that for an individual costume or the entire package of costumes? Also, wouldn't it have to be a bit...I dunno, deeper to actually be good looking? I mean, assuming that the clothes move, and all.

Anyways...Nightowl, I'm with you 100%. That'd bring an entire new level to Smashing while intoxicated.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It would be purely awesome if you could download new levels at a later point in time. Just set up the download before you go to sleep Friday night, and wake up with a brand spankin' new level Saturday morning(aka afternoon if you're like me;))

What would be crazy beyond all current comprehension is if they allowed you to download new characters! Imagine, every month or two they add one more character to the roster. Then they get everyone in that deserves to be over time, creating a collosal fighter. And if you don't like on of the downloadable characters anymore, trash him. In the end, we could end up with a roster of 60+ and not have the game take frickin forever.

I don't know how this would work exactly...I could imagine there being some synchronization issues if two people playing over the internet didn't have exactly the same version code. However, if Nintendo could work it than my gaming career would be set for life. *sigh*daydream*sigh*

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^^^

/signed on both accounts

But, they won't do that. If they did, what would be the point of having a new Smash game? The only way they MIGHT consider that is if they were going to charge us everytime they updated (or worse, a monthly fee!).

Nintendo, while honorable, is still a corporation looking to make money. We all need to be reminded of this every once in a while.

It's sad, but true.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
^^^^^^

/signed on both accounts

But, they won't do that. If they did, what would be the point of having a new Smash game? The only way they MIGHT consider that is if they were going to charge us everytime they updated (or worse, a monthly fee!).

Nintendo, while honorable, is still a corporation looking to make money. We all need to be reminded of this every once in a while.

It's sad, but true.
No! Why is the world so cruel? Why would you ruin my perfect little universe next to my computer where nothing ever goes wrong by telling me this!?! :chuckle:

What I ment was that, say for $4 or something, you download a new level, and for $8 a new character. $4/level + $8/character = some good walking around money.

Sensai

Smash Master
Eh, his new look's ok. Nothing to be happy about and not too much to complain about. S'all good.

And Rhyme, back to this whole DLing a new level/character thing...where would it be saved? And how could they make it so that I couldn't just take it to my friends?

Eh, I guess they did that with VC games...nevermind.

THE PAIN

Smash Journeyman
yo rhyme i should slap you for calling Gandhi a prick. if you dont know what he did shut your *** up. you should not even joke around about such a great guy.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

I knew he'd upset someone. That's why I didn't joke with him/reprimand him. I figured someone else would.

Start a flame war! Go winner!

The rAt

Smash Ace
PAIN, chill out, I'm sure Rhyme didn't mean anything by it. And even if he(? I guess I tend to assume that folks around here are dudes, being a gaming forum, but no disrespect if you're a girl) did, folks are entitled to their opinnions.

Anyhow, anyone else wonder if Fox's blaster will play a more significant role in his moves this time around? I mean, in Melee, he took it out to fire, and then it just magically disappeared (never really payed much attention to where he stuck that thing, actually). Sure, he did that little motion like he was holstering it, but where was the holster? Anyhow, in the trailer, he seems to be holding it an awful lot while not firing. Anyone else curious?

THE PAIN

Smash Journeyman
i am a guy rat. and what the hell does that have to do with anything. dissing Gandhi is like dissing Martin Luther King or any other great leader.

Sensai

Smash Master
Pain, he was referring to Rhyme, and it doesn't have anything to do with anything. He was just making sure that he got the correct gender. And Rat's right: people can have their own opinions (even though I'm 95% sure it was a joke). Also, plenty of great leaders have been jerks. Hitler? Stalin? Lenin? Mao Zedong? Any of those people would be considered 'great' from someone's perspective (they were all geniuses), but they're all fairly 'bad' people. Save Mao, if you're into communism...and starvation.

And Rat, I noticed Fox's blaster too. I doubt it'll do much of anything, but it is a nice look for him.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I can't imagine a moveset for snake. It would be so difficult. But then again try thinking up a moveset for game & watch before melee!

I think pit looks overpowered. He might be my favorite. Also, Zamus looks like the new sheik:urg: Snake looks agile too. I didn't expect him to be that way.

TRUE!

Smash Cadet
pit looks **** crazy....turning ur bow into 2 swords.

and i definitely gotta try out wario with amazing nuclear farting powa!

ohhs....isn't fox's dad(or relative) in Brawl too?

Evilnator

Smash Rookie
snake is ok, any of you know any secret chars?

i want to find out wether shiek and zelda will be seperated, i ope they are...

Shiek rox :D

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
LOL @ the kid getting all pissed over the prick thing.

Costumes would be very small to dowload. On XBox Live, it takesd a few seconds to download costumes and other small things for games. Nintendo obviously wouldn't be as fast, but it's pretty much the same thing. Levels will take like 10 minutes or less.

Is Nintendo's online thing gonna be where you have to enter a code and know that person's code in order to play them? Or will is it gonna realze it's average gamer is over 8 and will have lobbies? For some reason my Wii won't connect online, so I'm not entirely sure about it, but my friend told me about his code, so I really hope you don't need to use codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom