• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icymatt

Smash Lord
You have one code on each Wii system.

Of course, I won't know how the online games will actually work until they actually release one.

Sensai

Smash Master
No idea about how online's going to work, although I see it being like the DS in that to communicate, you need friend codes.

And no, it's Fox in the game, not his father. It's not James.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can't wait till we see who else gets confirmed. It better be a sweet character we can all look forward to. Patience is virtue, but c'mon son!

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, I'd have a rebuttal defending my last post, but Sensai pretty much said everything I would have, only better. Much obliged, Sensai.

Anyhow, I'm just curious if there are any predictions on the next revealed character? Personally my money is on DK or Yoshi (assuming they are to return), as they've been cornerstones since the first Smash. Then again, perhaps Nintendo is intending to throw us for a loop. I'm just curious as to what people are expecting.

Andy

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, I think they're gonna explain the whole Samus thing and then they'll tell us the fate of Ness IE if he's replaced or a new Mother character is being added. (+rep to the first person who says what I'm basing this on. :p)

Sensai

Smash Master
I have no idea what that's based on. But you can still +rep me. Haha.

And Rat, no worries. Always glad to do whatever it is that I do. :-D

And I bet Yoshi will be presented fairly soon. I mean, they gave us the 'hint' with Yoshi having a stage in there (although technically it could be Mario too...he was in that game). So, I bet they'll realize we mostly know already, and then give us that one.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that the next time we get more info, all the defualt characters will be shown (DK and Yoshi will definetly be among them).

This could take a while, though. Probably another 4-6 months.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Anyhow, anyone else wonder if Fox's blaster will play a more significant role in his moves this time around? I mean, in Melee, he took it out to fire, and then it just magically disappeared (never really payed much attention to where he stuck that thing, actually). Sure, he did that little motion like he was holstering it, but where was the holster? Anyhow, in the trailer, he seems to be holding it an awful lot while not firing. Anyone else curious?
Fox's blaster will only get upgraded in terms of hitstun if Falco is not in brawl, so expect the blaster to stay the same. I would personally love to see Fox pistol-whip some poor person.

yo rhyme i should slap you for calling Gandhi a prick. if you dont know what he did shut your *** up. you should not even joke around about such a great guy.
Well, let me tell you a little story. My sister went to visit NYU a month ago. She and my mom were allowed into their tour guide's dorm to check it out. They were talking for quite a while, and they learned that apperantly, this girl was at one point foreign exchange. She told them that here grandfather actually new Gandhi, and said he was rude and generally not a nice person. I don't care how much he did in the eyes of the world, if he wasn't a nice person, than calling him a prick wasn't completely out of line IMO. If you thought it was, I'm sorry I offended you but I regret nothing. If you wanted to flame me, you should have had the decency to PM me, rather than let the whole thread of users listen in on our dispute.

Haha, rAt, I know he is entitled to his opinion, I found that out when he started yelling at me.:chuckle:

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Ah yeah I see.

I just didnt feel like looking through it all. So I didnt bother to read.

Dumb move on my part considering what this place is.

Sensai

Smash Master
Don't worry too much about it. I just like giving people who drop in and post one thing a hard time, seeing as how they never see anything I say about them. :-D

I'm not a mean person. :-/

Anyways....is there any idea when any more information's going to be coming out?

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
No word yet...it was rumored that nintendo was gonna release a bit of info at each of the those tokyo events (in which there was 3) I dont know when the next one is, but if nothing is released on that day then it is just a rumor.

icymatt

Smash Lord
All three Nintendo World events were over last weekend (that's why Sakurai posted the video and new screens on the web site, they were done their little tour of Japan).

Don't expect any more info for another couple of months...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Isn't Yoshi a confirmed character as well? After all they do have a Yoshi island level.

Sensai

Smash Master
IMO, he's not even technically confirmed. It could be Mario's level, or after the new DS interation, Peach's or DK's, or even Wario's for that matter.

(Jeah, I just like giving people a hard time.)

icymatt

Smash Lord
That would be a stretch.

"Here's a stage from Yoshi's Island...and it's for DK! You know, because he was in Yoshi's Island 2."

"And here's a stage from Donkey Kong Country 2...and it's for Link! You know, because he appeared in the ending."

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I for one like beating da cotton out of that muppet Yoshi. Da game wouldn't be da same wit out him (Psyche). Just make em a training dummy.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Sensai, are you sure you're not a mean person? :p

Anyone else wonder if we're even going to see all of the levels they've showcased? I mean, granted in all practicality it doesn't really matter in regards to Yoshi's semi-confirmability. After all, whether or not a stage is going to make it into the game, and whether or not it's actually supposed to be a 'Yoshi' level, Nintendo knew what they were doing when they showed it. They had to know we'd be thinking "Hey that level looks suspiciously Yoshi-themed. That leads me to believe it is intended to represent his character, and thus he must be in this game." Okay, so maybe that's exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking something more along the lines of "When is this d*** game gonna come out??" But you get my point.

So, can we go ahead and label Yoshi semi-confirmed? Nah. Would I bet lots and lots of money that he's going to be in it, and that was his level? No, because I haven't got lots and lots of money, and it's always been my policy to never bet things I don't have. Mafia lenders tend to be unforgiving in their interest rates. But if I did, I would.

In all honesty, I have a hard time believing any of initially playable characters from Smash Bros. on the 64 will get the ax. If they were going to do that, they'd have done it for Melee. I think they're just holding out so they can release info bit by agonizing bit, thus rationing it for the long dry spell until the game actually comes out. Plus, how else could they have made us excited that Fox (who everyone assumed would return) was returning?

Nevertheless, I don't care what they say, there is no way I'm getting excited about Yoshi.

Andy

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I get it, the games still under construction for what ya see isn't always what you get, right? (Note: Da Rat & I are nocturnal creatures)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Character that will probally be confirmed are
Yoshi (semi-confirmed)
D.k (he's been in since the start)
Ness (been in since the start)
Jiggilypuff (been in since the start
C. Falcon (Been in since the start)
Luigi (been in since the start)

other charracters too but they have a higher chance of being in since are the ones who started it all, others might be

Marth
Ice climbers
Mr. Game&watch
Mewtwo
Zelda
Bowser
Peach

Sensai

Smash Master
I see them only show-casing the really cool, kinda bad arse characters.

Yoshi is a character I don't see as a bad arse.

Falcon? Ganon? Ness? Yes, yes, ...kinda.

[Edit:]

And of course I'm a nice person. :-D

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Here's the thing about Yoshi's Island. The only problem that I see comes from Melee. We got a Majora's Mask VS level [Great Bay], the trophies, and even an event on a specially designed majora's mask-shaped level, all from MM. However, Young Link is from Ocarina of Time. I don't see any MM characters in Melee.

There were two characters who didn't have stages [ Marth and Mewtwo], Four if you want to count Roy and Ganondorf, both of whom can't share a level with their counterparts.

All I'm saying, is that Sakurai didn't take much care into relations between levels and characters in Melee. He seems to be doing a little bit more so in Brawl. We saw a Mario racing game [Circuit?] level, so does that mean we're going to see someone like Waluigi or someone who is specific to Mario Sports? Maybe, maybe not.

We just need to leave Yoshi as semi-confirmed and just have to wait.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Wait a sec... Mewtwo? I'm pretty sure he had a stage. Being Pokemon Stadium? If you say that characters can't share stages... then where's Jigglypuff's stage as well?

This whole "semi-confirmation via stage recognition" is starting to confuse me xD lol

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Character that will probally be confirmed are
Yoshi (semi-confirmed)
D.k (he's been in since the start)
Ness (been in since the start)
Jiggilypuff (been in since the start
C. Falcon (Been in since the start)
Luigi (been in since the start)
Agreed except for Caption Folcon.. Ever since I saw the mario kart stage, I don't think Falcon is coming back...It kinda makes sence if you think about it because there is no F-Zero game annouced for Wii and by majority he isn't the most popular character....it sux though, cuz he was origional and I liked the way they made his fighting style.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there isnt any announced ones yet, but that doesnt mean there wont be.

Only one was released for gamecube after all and it wasnt around at time of SSBM release, SSBM stuff was related to the N64 F-Zero game.

But young Link could have been used as majoras Mask, because thats where he had the hookshot, he didnt have it in the OoT. And the bow as well he only had in MM. Just I guess they gane him the Kokiri sheild maybe because he's more known with it.

He was like a fused version of the 2 Y.Links

But I agree the whole relating characters to stages doesnt work very well at all. Because Falcon had two stages of his own.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Agreed except for Caption Folcon.. Ever since I saw the mario kart stage, I don't think Falcon is coming back...It kinda makes sence if you think about it because there is no F-Zero game annouced for Wii and by majority he isn't the most popular character....it sux though, cuz he was origional and I liked the way they made his fighting style.
This is where, IMO, the stage argument collapses. Just because Falcon looses Mute City...He still has The Big Blue. Granted that except for maybe Infinite Mountain, this was probably the worst stage in the entire game, who else could this stage possibly belong to? He could still have a stage and be in Brawl. Although, given that Nintendo only chose to keep a few stages between Smash 64 and Melee, it is entirely possible that they ditch Big Blue, Mute City which is already considered gone, and Falcon in one fell swoop. I would be dissappointed but still, Falcon only has popularity in Melee gunning for him at this point since he hasn't had a recent game. Wii is allowing you to download an old F-Zero game, maybe that counts?

icymatt

Smash Lord
. I would be dissappointed but still, Falcon only has popularity in Melee gunning for him at this point since he hasn't had a recent game. Wii is allowing you to download an old F-Zero game, maybe that counts?
It doesn't need to.

It doesn't matter if he's had a recent game or not. When was the last time a Kid Icarus game came out? Oh yeah, 1990.

Besides the gap between GX and Brawl is only 4 years. Same gap between Star Fox 64 and Melee. Plus, it did have a cartoon series.

Really, there is no good reason to remove Captain Falcon. None.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
He's not a fused version of the 2 young links. he has the hookshot and bow because he's a clone of adult link. if he didnt have them, he wouldn't be a clone, and thus the MM young link. I have a gut feeling that ganondorf and young link would've been the first to be de-cloned for Melee if they had more time. he would have been more MM-esque, possibly the razor or gilded sword....frikin awesome!

I don't know Rhyme....Flatzone rivals Big Blue in suckiness. I think it's more of a 1) IG 2) both Flatzone and Big Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom