• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
perhaps, but then why would Sakurai reveal him in the trailer if he would be unlockable? just for the media i'm guessing...

OmegaXXII

ok... but as for MetaKnight I think he will PWN but I'm not sure if he's gonna be light based or a heavyweight, I'm guessing hwe might be light based, but I would rather see him heavyweight because that would mean his sword strike would cause more damage whick would be better imo

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
well, IMO i think Sakurai will put Snake as an update after Brawl comes out, coz if unlockables are updated before it comes out, then that wouldnt really Sakurai's style (since most agree that his style of play is MINDGAMES!!!) n if the Japanese release rumor is true, then that makes it half-better, half-bad for us (**** spoilers XD)

quick off-topic: i didnt even notice i made it to "Apprentice" status *shoots self in the head* n it was in this thread too...

EDIT: and yes, MetaKnight shall pwn (most of his attacks seem to be consecutive hits, which IMO is more cool for some reason XD)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
HOLLY **** I'M ALMOST AT 900! WOOT WOOT!

hey ylink_underestimate, see page 514 for my theory on Ylink, I'm sure you'll like it.

And yes, that's exactly what I'm hoping for snake and the other stuff you said!

NO MORE UPDATES UNTIL RELEASE FTW!
oh shoot, that's a little much..

I hope Ike is slow...movement wise...quick MS so!

OmegaXXII

And yes, that's exactly what I'm hoping for snake and the other stuff you said!

NO MORE UPDATES UNTIL RELEASE FTW!
oh shoot, that's a little much..

I hope Ike is slow...movement wise...quick MS so!
Dude, that would seriously suck, you know how many people would be complaining on these boards lol... ithey would go crazy :laugh:, but anyway Ike I believe will be balanced enough or mid-tier that it would be better if he had Marth's movement along with Roy's powerfulness

woah, i forgot about the 2 Samus's...good point(s). it annoys me when people say "i only want 1 Link". i think i argued about it for a few times in the WW Link's Moves thread...
900 posts? that sounds a bit like...9000!!! hahaha you need 1000 to be "Lord" status right?
anywayz: yea unlockables will most likely be updates after release (Sonic might end up being the last one coz Sakurai uses MINDGAMES to win hahaha)
Ike might be equally balanced for strength/speed coz of how he moves in PoR/GoD. Marth (assuming he will be in...coz the original FE Lord will be in right Sakurai??? *gives threatening look*) will be the "speed" FE character, and the third FE rep (coz many people want at least 3 reps, or at least i do) could be the "power" character (maybe Eliwood coz hes Roy's dad, Hector cuz he looks like he can kick arse with his axe/sword OR because i liked the game Ephraim cuz his lance would kick arse XD (Lyn looks like a speed type, so i would mind that too much if she replaced Marth...)
sorry for the bit late post but i got all distracted by the apparently new Megaman show thats on (called Megaman: Star Force)...so far looks a bit crappy like NT warrior...it just kills the REAL Megaman IMO

OmegaXXII

Megaman FTW!!!, but as for a third FE character I'd rather see Hector, then reason I say it is because he looks unique form Marth and Ike, plas he has his cool axe which I think would PWN!! so yea Hector I bewlieve might be a likely candidate for Brawl as for Ephiraim, I am having doubts about him, but again also a possible candidate for Brawl

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I just think from the screenshots, and the way Ike can resist knockback and "other heavy characters will do this too," He's going to be leaning more towards the slow and powerful type. Not saying he'll be slow just imbalanced in terms of power/speed. That's my thought anyway.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Diddy Kong was Confirmed some time ago. I think he's gonna be another annoying fast fox character.

lolz just kidding

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ahhhhh! Good to be back from a long week down in NC with my girlfriend and her insane family!

Good to see Diddy finally revealed. I half-expected a newcomer this week (or Captain Falcon), but in any case I didn't expect a highly anticipated and undoubtedly included character just yet. (I'm also half-expecting a "holy crap I didn't see that one coming" newcomer before the starting lineup is complete.)

And as for Petey Piranha*, I guess he was one of the characters that I expected to be a "holy crap I didn't see that one coming" newcomer. Though, I suppose he is more suited to be a boss. And now I'm really not expecting him to be playable at any point during the game, especially since they didn't even give him the Mario Universe's mushroom emblem. Oh well. Que sara.

*I can never remember how to spell "Piranha"... I need to learn.

EDIT:
I don't expect Diddy to be half as annoying or insanely dominant as Fox. But yes, I do see him as being very fast, though balanced by some laggy moves.

yea well, not many people want Ephraim in Brawl. i only want him coz Sacred Stones is the ONLY FE game ive ever finished (ive only PLAYED PoR for a matter of minutes when i was at my friend's house) i feel like such a n00b cuz i havent played any of the other games (i only know who Eliwood/Lyn/Hector cuz i was watching my cuz play FE7 in the Philipines) hell i even made a n00b mistake between Lyn and Hector (see Ephraim for Brawl thread...too lazy to quote myself XD)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
I want Ephraim more than any other FE character. I love FE:tSS more than any other FE game I've ever played and it is by far one of the best (if not THE best).

I feel that accompanying Ike should be: Marth, because he would be greatly missed if cut; Hector, to represent axe wielders; Ephraim, to represent lancers; and possibly Lynn, to balance out the gender diversity of the game.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
I wonder exactly how many FE characters there will be. It seems like the series has gained much popularity (in the states that is) since melee, so they at least need to match it with two. I think a FE character who isn't a swordwielder would add great diversity, even if it means *sniff* cutting Marth.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
The only real threat to Marth's comeback is Lynn. She's fast and has a sword; other than that though, those are the only likenesses that I really see. She most likely will not be floaty, she won't be as strong, and she has a shorter sword.

EDIT:
But she'll be so fast that it won't even matter. Kind of like a Sheik with a sword.

well, when u think about it, thats a little like saying "theres too many characters fighting with fists" etc. i wouldnt mind if there were too many sword characters, but other weapons would make some uniqueness (like ICs using hammers aside from Kirby only using it for one attack). u know wut we need? dagger users...COLM 4 BRAWL ahahaha (no offense to the other thief/assassins in the FE series...Sothe or w/e) well, in other words...ASSASSINS FOR BRAWL hahahaha

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
So... what do you guys think Meta Knight's moves will be? I can't for the life of me think of a BACON for him, and I can only think of a few moves he has in the games that'd qualify for Specials, like his weird arc-with-a-ring-on-the-back-end sword beam.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, what I'm trying to say is that I want some diversity in the game. I don't care how the characters beat people up as long as they do it in a unique way. :p I don't know a lot of specific names from the Fire Emblem series (ironically I've only played PoR and the only names I even remember are Ike and Black Knight, which is hardly a name). But i think it'd be cool if we had some kind of archer from FE or even a wizard/mage/whatever.

As for MK moves, his specials will probably just be fancy sword attacks of some sort.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
My thoughts exactly. I don't really think we need that many weapon characters, but if we could limit them to basically the four popular FE lords (Marth, Lynn, Hector, Ephraim) and the four weapon wielders we have so far with Pit, Meta, Link, and Ike and maybe 1-3 more (like maybe Cel-Shaded Link, a possibly reinvented Ganondorf, and anyone else you can think of) to equal a total of 9 to 11. Now if we take that and divide it into an estimated 35-ish character roster that's still only less than 1/3 of them with steel.

Now we don't want to go crazy and make Brawl into a Soul Calibur, but having many different fighting styles with a few that involve constant use of weaponry wouldn't hurt at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Just think in terms of what we have now. There's four characters with swords confirmed and seventeen total. That's just less than a fourth of the roster so far.

In ratio form that's 4:13, and if you break it down that's 1:4 1/4. So for every one weapon character, we get four and a quarter fighters that use their "natural talents"... seems good so far to me!

hmm. that makes sense...well i'll make a list of the weapon wielders for Brawl and then later it can be fixed with different ideas:
Confirmed Weapon Wielders
1. Link
2. MetaKnight
3. Pit
4. Ike
"Would-Be" Weapon Wielders
1. CS Link
2. Ganon (if with a sword)
3. ICs (if returning)
4. Marth
5. high-chance Lords of FE series (Lyn, Hector, Black Knight, Ephraim? etc.)
6. any more ideas???....

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
i have a gun?....yes....hahaha
yes i want Dedede in Brawl (Kirby villain) since we need more villains anywayz

EDIT: sigged dammit XD
Yeah Dedede would be a lot of fun to have in Brawl. Especially since he'd be a heavyweight which we definately need more of right now. I just hope they don't stick him as a boss character for SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom