• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
RRRRR! You almost made me rant!
PC DEDEDE!

Would he really be a heavy-weight though? He's a duck really? Since when are ducks big?
Well I'm assuming he was the ugly duck of his family...granted the ugly, huge, gargantuan duck that carries a huge hammer who the rest of his family probably tricked into going down a path while they all fled from him...man that was kinda mean of me I guess.

Oh well...Dedede still has a hammer and knows how to put the hurt on!

*Just a thought...you think if they put him in the game that they might give him the wrestling ring he had from Kirby's Dream Land for the GB? That'd be sweet.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Petey for Petey'd...

THey Should Make Metaknight a Hard @$$ boss then Petey him for his final fight

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Pichu for Petey'd? we should make it the new sandbag hahahaha
Nah...he would still not weigh enough. Make him metal and give him a super mushroom ontop of it and then maybe. Actually metal would prevent him from speaking wouldn't it...well that's no fun. Where's the fun of Pichu being the new sandbag if we can't hear him squeal?!:laugh:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I just read something that I thought was pretty ironic:

"In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances.
This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!"

Ok... so... Sakurai says it's rumored that there are bosses, meaning there may or may not be any, and then one sentence later he confirms it.

Nise gramer thare Sakurai.

CAPTAIN_FALCON23

Smash Cadet
By the way, I think Ness and Captain Falcon should be put under Semi-confirmed now, since minor elements from their respective series are already in (Samurai Goroh as Assist Trophy from F-Zero, Franklin Badge from Mother/Earthbound).

Wonder if anyone will actually notice this. By 389, I wouldn't.

EDIT: How about Ridley, since his music theme is on Dojo?
Also, can anyone tell me where the Shiek/Ganondorf rumors came from?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sakurai said he would reveal secret chars before the game comes out... all because of the INTERNET!!

Venoxxis.

Smash Cadet
So where is snake or meta.knight?
-sakurai knows that nobody wants to see secret chars onli ne.

he wont do that.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
By the way, I think Ness and Captain Falcon should be put under Semi-confirmed now, since minor elements from their respective series are already in (Samurai Goroh as Assist Trophy from F-Zero, Franklin Badge from Mother/Earthbound).

Wonder if anyone will actually notice this. By 389, I wouldn't.

EDIT: How about Ridley, since his music theme is on Dojo?
Also, can anyone tell me where the Shiek/Ganondorf rumors came from?
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/aonuma-confirms-sheik-ganondorf-for-smash-bros-brawl/

And I suppose Captain Falcon can be classified under "semi-confirmed" since we have his emblem and a second banana from his series making an appearance. And besides that, we all know that he's going to make the cut. He's too important to both the F-Zero franchise and the Smash franchise to not be included.

As for Ness... well, as much as I'd like to see him come back, Sakurai has not given us enough proof that it will be Ness who shows up. Sure we have the Mother emblem and the Franklin Badge, but if you thought about it for a minute you'd realize that the Emblem incorperates all three Mother titles and the Franklin Badge was in all three games as well. Not to mention that Sakurai had planned on replacing Ness with Lucas in Melee but stopped because no one would know who he was and Americans would never get to play the game. But now that Lucas has been recognized and there is rumor that all the Mother games are going to be remade and translated to English... Lucas could be filling in the Mother slot.

But hopefully, we'll end up getting Ness WITH Lucas. And personally, I don't see how we couldn't.

Oh, and the Ridley music doesn't really confirm anything. Actually, it may confirm Ridley as a boss in the Subspace Emissary if you really think about it. He's big, he's bad, the song is his "battle music". Personally, I think we'll be seeing Ridley as a boss rather than a fighter.

:urg: {sigh} I know... I'm upset too.

Venoxxis.

Smash Cadet
Oh, and the Ridley music doesn't really confirm anything. Actually, it may confirm Ridley as a boss in the Subspace Emissary if you really think about it. He's big, he's bad, the song is his "battle music". Personally, I think we'll be seeing Ridley as a boss rather than a fighter.
Im back.

no way.
He'll be a playable char.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Im back.

no way.
He'll be a playable char.
Welcome back
where ever you were..

And I hope you're right, I would rather see Ridley as playable, but I kinda see Charizard being Sakurai's answer to a playable Ridley. IMO though, I see Ridley being really big and you having to boss battle him. I would rather have him in the roster, but I just don't see it after the Petey Piranha update.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wish it didnt seem so likely that Ridley is gonna be a boss :(
Why does it seem any more likely now than it did before? I don't understand all you people. Isn't Ridley the Bowser of the Metroid universe, not the Petey? Ridley seems too important to get the same status in Brawl as Petey. :ohwell:

I mean, no skin off my nose since I don't really care about Ridley. I just don't get why so many people are doubting Ridley more because of this overgrown Piranha Plant.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
It's not just Petey, it's the combination of Petey and the Ridly Music. Why would they make the title "Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)" if you didn't fight Ridley in some epic manner? Why didn't they just leave it at "Metroid: Boss Battle Music"?

I'll tell you why: Because Ridley is going to be a boss.

But hey, at least he made his way into the game as something other than just a trophy. And at least he'll be able to kick butt. It's not a total loss.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's not just Petey, it's the combination of Petey and the Ridly Music. Why would they make the title "Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)" if you didn't fight Ridley in some epic manner? Why didn't they just leave it at "Metroid: Boss Battle Music"?
The music titles are related to their original games, not their role in Brawl. You have, for example, Menu 1, but it's Battlefield music; or Yoshi's Story Ending, and that doesn't mean it will be for the Ending. Boss Battle Music is the title of the game or series it comes from, and (Ridley Fight) is to note that is indeed the music you hear while fighting Ridley in those games, because there are many battle tunes.

A tune called "Mario Series: Bowser Battle" that doesn't mean that Bowser is a non playable boss (or any character; swap Bowser with any enemy with a battle theme.)

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much. It's the same deal with the Underworld theme. The music doesn't sound the least bit evil or sinister, it's just relating to its level in Kid Icarus.

If Ridley doesn't make it into Brawl as a PC then I will proudly join the angry mob outside Nintendo HQ.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The music titles are related to their original games, not their role in Brawl. You have, for example, Menu 1, but it's Battlefield music; or Yoshi's Story Ending, and that doesn't mean it will be for the Ending. Boss Battle Music is the title of the game or series it comes from, and (Ridley Fight) is to note that is indeed the music you hear while fighting Ridley in those games, because there are many battle tunes.

A tune called "Mario Series: Bowser Battle" that doesn't mean that Bowser is a non playable boss (or any character; swap Bowser with any enemy with a battle theme.)
I'm not going to lie, those are valid points. But the fact that the title of the composition is "Boss Battle Music" and they threw "(Ridley Fight)" in there at the very end seems unnecessary if there isn't a reason. The song is played for multiple enemies in many different Metroid games, not just for Ridley. So why even bother giving it that double title? I think there's a reason why they titled it the way they did, and that reason is not: 'just because'.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
oh noez! i heard that Brawl is gonna be using Havok physics and that it could cause the removal of wavedashing.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie, those are valid points. But the fact that the title of the composition is "Boss Battle Music" and they threw "(Ridley Fight)" in there at the very end seems unnecessary if there isn't a reason. The song is played for multiple enemies in many different Metroid games, not just for Ridley. So why even bother giving it that double title? I think there's a reason why they titled it the way they did, and that reason is not: 'just because'.
That tune served two bosses in Super Metroid: Ridley and Draygon. It was a 1995 game, the only game that used the Ridley theme for another guy. It was the first game this tune appeared too and because that it wasn't totally associated with Ridley yet. They couldn't know.

But since Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime that Boss Battle music was reserved only for Ridley in all the games. As for today, it's Ridley's Battle Theme, which is a Boss Battle theme too, so it has to be pointed. There are many Boss Battle Themes in the franchise, but just a Ridley Battle.

If we analyze the sample, yes it's short and the loop is very obvious so its purpose is blatant: A boss battle. But that doesn't mean that Ridley couldn't be both a playable character and a boss with an exclusive battle theme for Adventure Mode, like many others may have.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Just wait till updates come and you see that Dyce is right.(though i was hyped for Ridley)
aww, well i really want Ridely as playable so no offense to Dyce tho but i hope GenG's right...
oh noez! i heard that Brawl is gonna be using Havok physics and that it could cause the removal of wavedashing.
removal of Wavedashing would have to mean taking out Air-Dodging right? if im right, this is Mario's Air-Doge look

tho i cant say anything about Directional Air-Dodging, but IMO thats one step closer to Wavedashing in Brawl XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
(I'm also half-expecting a "holy crap I didn't see that one coming" newcomer before the starting lineup is complete.)

And as for Petey Piranha*, I guess he was one of the characters that I expected to be a "holy crap I didn't see that one coming" newcomer. Though, I suppose he is more suited to be a boss. And now I'm really not expecting him to be playable at any point during the game, especially since they didn't even give him the Mario Universe's mushroom emblem. Oh well. Que sara.
TOAD! :chuckle:

And in reference to your last line...

"I know you love me
I wanna wad you up into my life
Let's roll up to be
A single star in the sky."

If you can place that reference, you rule!

Also, I start college tomorrow. *vomits* This means that I will probably only be on the boards on rare occasions. I'll still be around, though. Have fun, everyone! And keep in touch (rAt, Dyce, Circus, and twilight, especially). :grin:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, is Snake still in Brawl? I went to the characters site, and he wasn't anywhere to be seen! My thought is that he's going to be a secret character but....I don't know.
yes u know!

What you said^

Indeed

If that update was planned to mean anything about Ridley's future in the game, it seems like it came a bit early to me.
Indeed as well...

Thats all part of the suspense and mind games sakurai is playing
EXACTLY!

That tune served two bosses in Super Metroid: Ridley and Draygon. It was a 1995 game, the only game that used the Ridley theme for another guy. It was the first game this tune appeared too and because that it wasn't totally associated with Ridley yet. They couldn't know.

But since Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime that Boss Battle music was reserved only for Ridley in all the games. As for today, it's Ridley's Battle Theme, which is a Boss Battle theme too, so it has to be pointed. There are many Boss Battle Themes in the franchise, but just a Ridley Battle.

If we analyze the sample, yes it's short and the loop is very obvious so its purpose is blatant: A boss battle. But that doesn't mean that Ridley couldn't be both a playable character and a boss with an exclusive battle theme for Adventure Mode, like many others may have.
Glad you know your stuff

aww, well i really want Ridely as playable so no offense to Dyce tho but i hope GenG's right...

removal of Wavedashing would have to mean taking out Air-Dodging right? if im right, this is Mario's Air-Doge look

tho i cant say anything about Directional Air-Dodging, but IMO thats one step closer to Wavedashing in Brawl XD
XD *high fives ylink_u*

What's all this talk about Ridley? What about our other freindly lizards? Yoshi's new UpB help and (assumed) new Forward B! Wario's got the old one now. With this "new flavor" Bowser's gonna be a different play entirely. What if his UpB is something completely different? That'll **** up all the Bowser mains! Maybe Ridley will be a PC! So what? I don't wanna see him because he should (will) be an unlockable. Who else would they put for the Metroid franchise? They need an unlockable and R's their best bet. D Samus would fit as a boss even better! Just use Samus and then pump her up with weird computer simed ULTRA strenght and speed! There, boss solved, Ridley PC Confirmed (or AT XD, just thought I push some buttons). I'm not worried about Ridley...I'm worried about seeing him for the first time cause I think half the Smash world will pee them selves, that'll smell for days!

Snake has been covered, if you didn't notice for the most part that question was ignored. Not in offense or anything, but Saki said 3rd Parties (****IN ******* INVADERS) are unlockables and well...unlockables really shouldn't be shown to the puplic before the game is even realeased. Chillax, I'm pretty sure Snake will be fun. What am I saying?

Underrated Unexpected Unnintendo Underacheivers (Edit: Unlockables) For Brawl Elite!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
XD *high5s Dynamism*

wait i forgot to ask, wut are Havoc physics? like wut do they do i mean?
later Aeris, see u sometime XD
good point with that GenG, i just hope your right, cuz ever since Melee, i wanted Ridely to be a PC (d*** intro vid). same goes for all the other villains we need in Brawl as PCs (Ganon, Wolf, Dedede etc.) Petey i dont really count as a Mario villain cuz thats already Bowser (duh), but seeing as Petey was a boss in Mario Sunshine and hardly in any other games and it turned out a Brawl boss, Dark Samus wouldnt be too bad as a boss in Brawl if it turns out as one of Samus' costumes (forgive me on that, but i never got the chance to play Echoes...and hey, Blood Falcon was C Falcons costume right? eh w/e)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ok Random Question what if Ridley is in the Game but Sucks ***....Then What hmm? I will laugh @ you all and PWN you with a Returning Falco lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom