• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETED!! JAVI (+TUGA?!?!) is GOING to APEX 2013!

Mahone

Smash Champion
THE PAYPAL IS UP!!!!

Current donations: $0.00

:(

lets get started... imma donate $1

Current donations: $1.00

:)

Javi

Smash Cadet
Yeeahhhh! : )

I'm not really sure how to express my gratitude... I'd like to thank everyone that helps out by donating.

I hope to see you all soon at Apex!

Greetings!!!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
you can express your gratitude by changing your font color because that seriously hurts my eyes

Battlecow

Play to Win
you can choose not to see font colors in your preferences.

I can't donate right now because paypal is being stupid and demanding proof of residence and identification and a ****load of other stuff that I don't really have the time to scan/copy.

Brookman

Smash Hero
If Javi can promise not to suck vs. Puff I will gladly pay to have him come to US and WIN.

strawhats

Smash Master
not even just m2k. People like Fly/Wobbles (ICs is tricky if you haven't played the MU alot) then of course there's shroomed's Doc, axe's pika, and someone like kk/kage. And of course there's armada/mango/pp(rematch).

I have faith in Javi though.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Come on, the fund finally opens up right after I lose my debit card and have to lock my account.

Once I get everything settled out I'll be donating.

musashi

Smash Apprentice
Javi lost to Hbox cause Hbox is freaking good, not cause he's puff. He destroyed Mango on that tourney too.
He won't have trouble beating tricky players and this time hes training pretty hard so he'll probably perform better than last time, where he was pretty rusty.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
you can choose not to see font colors in your preferences.

I can't donate right now because paypal is being stupid and demanding proof of residence and identification and a ****load of other stuff that I don't really have the time to scan/copy.
this happened to me like a month ago. the system was being anal about allowing me to upload the files so i called support and they took care of it w/o me actually having to upload extra info. so give support a call-- may just be a hoop they make you jump through to keep you honest

Armada

Smash Lord
Javi lost to Hbox cause Hbox is freaking good, not cause he's puff. He destroyed Mango on that tourney too.
He won't have trouble beating tricky players and this time hes training pretty hard so he'll probably perform better than last time, where he was pretty rusty.
Destroyed?
Did he won even one game? :p

I really wanna see Javi coming back to the US som Im very hyped for this!

strawhats

Smash Master
javi tapped nearly all of america, and he'd likely tap m2k too. stop speculating, get him here so he can ****!
lol, ok are we talking about the same guy who's best MU is against fox/marth dittos I guess (see m2k sheik/marth vs mango from Impulse) to see exactly what I'm talking about. The same dude that has been ****** foxes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner since like late 2006/early 2007 tlll this very day. I don't doubt javi's ability to beat anyone, but when you say things like "Tap" you can see why it is problematic for me to take validity of out of such a statement.

I hope you were trolling.

P.S. I'm not saying Javi can't beat Jason, I'm saying giving m2k's track record vs spacies (specifically fox) it would be very impressive if he lost to a fox at this point. I mean m2k was nigh unbeatable vs peach a couple of years ago and look what happened at Genesis.

In other news I'm prolly gonna shadow Jvi and watch all of his matches/friendlies(hopefully vs jank MUs against guys like Shroomed/Wobbles/Axe to see how he really fares vs the U.S.). I love his playstyle though, and I'll probably donate to this in a bit.

Ltork

Smash Cadet
lol, ok are we talking about the same guy who's best MU is against fox/marth dittos I guess (see m2k sheik/marth vs mango from Impulse) to see exactly what I'm talking about. The same dude that has been ****** foxes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner since like late 2006/early 2007 tlll this very day. I don't doubt javi's ability to beat anyone, but when you say things like "Tap" you can see why it is problematic for me to take validity of out of such a statement.

I hope you were trolling.

P.S. I'm not saying Javi can't beat Jason, I'm saying giving m2k's track record vs spacies (specifically fox) it would be very impressive if he lost to a fox at this point. I mean m2k was nigh unbeatable vs peach a couple of years ago and look what happened at Genesis.

In other news I'm prolly gonna shadow Jvi and watch all of his matches/friendlies(hopefully vs jank MUs against guys like Shroomed/Wobbles/Axe to see how he really fares vs the U.S.). I love his playstyle though, and I'll probably donate to this in a bit.

Javi beat Dr.PP who eats every other fox for lunch, whats your point?

strawhats

Smash Master
Javi beat Dr.PP who eats every other fox for lunch, whats your point?
I c ur point, and i raise you the fact that Javi's comfortability in the mU is far more of a factor than you realize. MUs are very important in any competitive fighting game. Two players of similar skill level will usually be fighting on even playing field. But I don't realy wanna get too far into this. All you need to know is, PP lost and Javi won, but that can shift dramatcially the next time/2x they play. Melee is not a game where win percentages remain static. One win is great but PP is hungry and ready to prove himself. I mean kels beat kage, and then kage beat him the next time they played. So whats your point...I could cite so many other examples at top level play. Kage beat mango at RoM 2 then mango proceeded to beat him the next time with marth and LINK.

P.S. Javi is amazing vs spacies (although some people have said that Unknown could've beaten him in their set and Javi vs Lovage was pretty tight too). However Marth/Floaties is another story.

Also I pray Javi does amazingly well at this tournament (there's always room at the top for more competition) which I feel this game needs.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
I agree on the M2K part, his wins vs Javi last time were pretty convincing...
Javi didn't take a single game off M2Ks marth or shiek, only in fox dittos...
I'm hyped about javi vs spacie players though!

:phone:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'm glad this is happening, and i hope he makes it to the top, mostly because he's representing a country that has never been represented before in the melee scene, or at least hasn't been seen as much.
I also kinda of feel like he represents Latin America for now (whatever i can dream)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If PP and Javi don't play in bracket I vote they do a $50+ MM Bo5 MBR recommended ruleset (jank levels suck, screw you VaNz/FC/MDZ/RC/Raynex/etc).

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
That would be nice :)

But only if PP is not sick...

Cause when he was owning in brackets he was in perfect shape, but suddenly he play with Javi and turns sick, choking, and whatever john people said :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Warm salt water is good for some maladies.

Don't worry PP I gotchu.

I'll even bring the tea. Do you prefer lemon or chamomile?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Finally got around to donating a bit

Don't let the hype die! donate!

Top Bottom