• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting and submissions are closed!

My Anton and Peacock animations win by default.

As for our two votings, both ended in ties, so I got some off-site help to break them.
  • Our final guest announcer will be the Super (Smash) Flash 1 announcer, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario !
  • As for our major collectible, it appears we will be using cards, submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !
----
Now then, onto today's list of jobs! I do have an exam to worry about tomorrow, so today's tasks will be a bit lighter.

Job 84: What should the scope of cards be?
We already have stickers as the "anything goes" collectible, so we should limit ourselves a little when it comes to cards. Should we limit them to franchises represented by fighters? Stages? Companion Cards? Please share ideas if you have them.

Job 85: Do we want to have a card-based mode?
When cards were initally pitched, Infinity Sorcerer mentioned the possibility of a card-based mode similar to that of Shovel Knight: King of Cards. I feel that this is an idea that warrants some discussion, so let's talk about it! If you have any ideas for a card-based mode, please feel free to pitch them!

Job 86: Submit up to ten stickers!
Just what it says on the tin; Please submit up to ten pictures to represent characters and/or items throughout indie gaming! As previously implied, anything goes here - Anything from an indie game is welcome, whether their game is represented elsewhere or not. Also note that stickers are not deconfirms!

Submissions will close tomorrow night!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 84
I think that cards should be limited to universes which have playable characters, bosses, stages, or Companion Card assists.

Job 85
I'm honestly on the fence about this - I wouldn't mind having a card-based mode, but I'm not entirely sure how one would work without being a major derivation from main gamplay or being a ripoff of spirits. That said, I did have one small idea.

I propose Card Clash.
  • In this mode, players draw from a deck featuring the game's cards (with more cards being available as players unlock them).
  • At the start of each turn, players may choose to discard their cards and draw a replacement.
  • After this period, players play up to five cards, which is followed by a traditional one-stock match.
  • Cards played influence aspects of the match. For example, if a player plays a card featuring a playable character, they will play as that character rather than being assigned a random one. Stage cards increase the likelihood of that stage being picked, Companion Card cards summon that companion at the start of the match, etc.
  • At the end of the match, the winner adds all played cards to their "hoard". Once all cards have been used, whoever has the biggest hoard wins!

Job 86: Stickers
  1. Annalynn :troll:
  2. Plague Knight
  3. Zetterburn
  4. Toriel
  5. Cuphead, Mugman, & Ms. Chalice
  6. The Conductor
  7. Chuck
  8. Jevil

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
1. Grimm (Letterquest)
2. Zero (Katana Zero)
3. Baker, Donna, Liz, and Tommy (Laser Disco Defenders)
4. Petals (Flower)
5. Mayonnaise (Jackbox)
6. Crawla (Sonic Robo Blast 2)
7. Rasamama 236 (No Man's Sky)
8. Naia and Naiee (Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons)
Would you mind providing images for these characters? I won't disallow any of them due to a lack of them, but it would be more convienent to know exactly what you have in mind.

(As a side note, Crawla will be allowed due to being an original Badnik, with SRB2 getting a similar treatment to SSF1/2.)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! All stickers will be accepted!

As for card-based modes, please vote here: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z2eEYYqgN
---
Alright, time for some jobs!

Was that the Job of 87?: Submit a Companion Card assist from an existing series!
Right now, the only franchises with fighters AND Companion Cards are Shovel Knight (Shovel and Tinker Knights) and UNDERTALE (Frisk and Sans). Let's change that, shall we?

While a second Shovel Knight and/or UNDERTALE assist is allowed, please do consider trying one of these other franchises: Rivals of Aether, Cuphead, Cave Story, Shantae, Antonball, Skullgirls, Celeste, A Hat in Time, Super Meat Boy, Fireboy & Watergirl, Pizza Tower, Hades, Angry Birds, Among Us, The Binding of Isaac, or Crypt of the Necrodancer!

Job 88: Submit music for Scuttle Town!
Submit six songs from the Shantae series! (say that three times fast!)

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 87: The Noise (Pizza Tower)
TheNoise.jpg

The Noise is a playable antagonist in Pizza Tower. An obvious parody of Domino's Noid character, his goal is to stop Peppino from delivering pizza just for the kick of it.

As a Companion Card, he would jump around on his pogo stick, bouncing into and onto opponents to launch, spike, or bury them. He can be KO'd.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 87: Big Band (Skullgirls)

He would run up and hit the nearest enemy to his summoner, by smacking them with a trumpet. He then plays a random tune that deals damage per hit - the song he plays depends on the summoner (so for instance, Frisk being his summoner would lead to Big Band playing Megalovania). Whatever tune is played, it is followed up with a barrage of attacks from Big Band's mechanical, musical fists, a great finishing attack.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Mafia Goon (A Hat In Time)

Mafia will not let anyone pass by without paying the toll, even if they are in space. If they do not pay toll, Mafia will beat them up. Mafia like this job.

The Mafia Goon serves as an obstacle - he stands in place, acting as a barrier against projectile attacks. If someone other than his summoner gets close to him, he'll punch them, knocking them back.

Kragg (Rivals of Aether)

Kragg is one of playable RoA characters and he is an Anthropomorphic Beetle, who represents Earth element.
He is one of Most popular RoA character and he would fit as an Assist for Allstar Strife.

When summoned, he world roll at opponent and he would push it. Also he could build breakable pillars to defend the summoner form attacks.
Also he could throw rocks at opponents that could roll across the stage.
You can KO him if you managed to.

I know he could be a fighter, but in my opinion, he could fit as NPC assist.

(I gave him Assist role, because if he was a fighter, he would be OP, so he could fit as an Assist instead)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kragg (Rivals of Aether)

Kragg is one of playable RoA characters and he is an Anthropomorphic Beetle, who represents Earth element.
He is one of Most popular RoA character and he would fit as an Assist for Allstar Strife.

When summoned, he world roll at opponent and he would push it. Also he could build breakable pillars to defend the summoner form attacks.
Also he could throw rocks at opponents that could roll across the stage.

(I gave him Assist role, because if he was a fighter, he would be OP, so he could fit as an Assist instead)
He's already a fighting game character so I don't see how?

He's already a fighting game character so I don't see how?
I mean, he also could fit as supporting assist, so that's why I chose him.
(Although he could fit as cool fighter, but due to his nature like being very hard to kill, I stated that he would be NPC assist instead)
Also there are other RoA characters that would fit as playables.

FazDude

Smash Master
Great submissions so far, folks! We’ll probably add more assists than usual, since we’ve gotten more of them than usual.

In the meantime, remember that a job for Scuttle Town is also live. Please do consider giving it a shot! i don’t trust myself with it because i know no shantae music aside from burning town and the title music for the gbc game

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Scuttle Town music wins by default.

In addition, Card Clash, submitted by myself, will be our card-based mode! While I don't know how to handle jobs pertaining to gameplay itself, we do have a card job in today's lineup.

As for Companion Cards, due to the large amount that were submitted, we will be adding four of them for this job instead of the usual two. As such, please pick your top four from this list (self-voting allowed for 2nd and below).
  • The Noise (Pizza Tower) (FazDude)
  • Big Band (Skullgirls) (Janx_uwu)
  • Mafia Goon (A Hat in Time) (Megadoomer)
  • Squid Baron (Shantae) (cashregister9)
  • Balrog (Cave Story) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Kragg (Rivals of Aether) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Aserius (Hades) (Darkonedagger)
  • Quirrel (Hollow Knight (Infinity Sorcerer)
----
Alrighty, job time!

Jobs 89-90: Submit super moves for Madeline and/or Hat Kid!
Submit three super moves for either or both characters. They will be voted on in batch per character.

Job 91: Submit up to eight cards for the Shovel Knight series!
Submit up to eight Shovel Knight characters to be represented as cards. Feel free to include a brief description of them if you so please! Also note that characters who have already made appearances in the game thus far (Shovel Knight, the Enchantress, etc.) will be cards by default, and cards are not deconfirms.

Unlike stickers, we will be voting on cards, with the number of cards getting in being determined by the amount of submissions.

Submissions close tomorrow night!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Voting:

1. Big Band
2. Kragg
3. Balrog
4. Mafia Goon

I'll have to look into Shovel Knight characters and post a list later. Same thing goes for Madeline and Hat Kid's super moves - I have some ideas for both, but nothing super concrete.

FazDude

Smash Master
Madeline Super Moves
  1. Part of Me - Madeline's hair begins glowing pink, temporarily giving her increased movement speed and two uses of Dash and/or Reverse Super per airtime instead of one.
  2. Badeline Shot - Badeline appears behind Madeline and fires a powerful projectile forward.
  3. Badeline's Wrath - Badeline appears behind Madeline and begins flying around and firing powerful projectiles at opponents.
Hat Kid Super Moves
  1. Time Piece - Hat Kid tosses a Time Piece forwards. Any opponent hit by the Time Piece is frozen in time and takes a considerable amount of damage.
  2. Time Stop - Hat Kid stops time within a fixed radius of her, freezing opponents in place.
  3. Your Contract Has Expired - The Snatcher suddenly appears as he unleashes a barrage of powerful attacks on any opponents nearby. He also follows Hat Kid around, so make sure to get up close and personal with your foes!

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions and voting are closed!

Firstly, let's welcome Big Band, Kragg, the Mafia Goon, and The Noise to the Companion Card lineup!

My Madeline and Hat Kid super moves win by default.

Finally, I've decided to keep Shovel Knight card submissions open until tomorrow morning. Please consider submitting some - All characters from the series are welcome!

The next batch of jobs won't be until late tomorrow morning; Got a final to study for.

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, job time! Before that, though, I would like to state that my Shovel Knight card submissions have won by default, meaning that series will have a maximum of 15 cards going forward. I'll probably tweak how card submissions are handled for future jobs, but for now...

Job 92: Submit a villainous fighter!
So far, our roster is nearly entirely heroes, with the sole exception being the Impostor. To change this, please submit an antagonist to become a fighter!

Job 93: Submit a stage from a browser game!
Please submit a stage which hails from a browser game (it's okay if the game was ported to other platforms later on; It just needs to have originated as a Flash game or something along those lines).

Submissions will close tomorrow night. Oh, and here's mine!
----
Job 92: Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy's)

(someone please teach me how to get fandom images to actually work on smashboards)

He always comes back... For nominations, of course! While the majority of the Five Nights at Freddy's cast would fall under this job's critieria, Springtrap is easily the most evil of them all. If we got creative, we could have a truly terrifying fighter on our hands!

Job 93: Park Path (Bloons TD 5)

This stage would be rather simple, with the main focus being a bridge at the center of the map (the stage would take place on the outermost ring). Bloons will occasionally fly into view, acting as bumper-like hazards.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I can submit a spoiler character?, I mean the character isn't a spoiler perse but the fact that is a villain/antagonist is.

EDIT: And for Fandom images, those ones will never work so try copy them in Discord and then open the discord link, that one will work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom