• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok then my submission for the evil character would be

Valentine
Another of the most popular characters from the series, she can not be toooooo malicious but definitively isn't in the good side of the things. I also thing the roster lacks rushdowns characters and she would be perfect for that.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Crow (Nefarious)

While he's the player character of Nefarious, Crow's treated like a classic video game villain - kidnapping the princess, building giant robots and death rays, and basically being a mix of Bowser and Eggman. The game's boss fights basically take different genres or types of boss battle and put the player in the role of a boss, whether it's a putting you in control of a thinly-veiled knock-off of Eggman's wrecking ball mech from Green Hill Zone or having Crow be the boss in a JRPG encounter.

Even when he's on his own, Crow has a bunch of technology at his disposal, including a mechanical arm that can launch grenades or turn into a drill.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Hey, an indie smash, I want to join!

I want to nominate Omori from the game of the same name.
Welcome to the thread!

(omori spoilers beyond this point) As previously mentioned, Omori himself won't be eligble for the fighter job in order to avoid spoilers for those who haven't played the game yet.

Bendy (Bendy and Ink machine)

Bendy is main antagonist of the self-titled game and he is a cartoon character made by Joey Drews in the Game's lore. In reality, he is a ink monster that wants to kill the player.

He would have a lot of moveset potential and even tho, his inky body would make him perfect as villain Fighter!
Also he would be 2010's rep for this game.

FazDude

Smash Master
Bendy (Bendy and Ink machine)

Bendy is main antagonist of the self-titled game and he is a cartoon character made by Joey Drews in the Game's lore. In reality, he is a ink monster that wants to kill the player.

He would have a lot of moveset potential and even tho, his inky body would make him perfect as villain Fighter!
Also he would be 2010's rep for this game.
Just so I can be 100% certain, would this Bendy be the cartoony Bendy or the more demonic version of him? He'll be accepted either way, but I want to represent him correctly if he gets in.

Last edited:
Just so I can be 100% certain, would this Bendy be the cartoony Bendy or the more demonic version of him? He'll be accepted either way, but I want to represent him correctly if he gets in.
It's hard to say, but I think we could accept him as the demonic one.
Cartoon form is iconic, but if I want to make a villain Fighter, then we could go with his demonic form.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 92:Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)

1651879332767.jpeg

Monika is a Poster Girl from a visual novel/horror game called Doki Doki Literature Club,she is one of five members of literature club (the other four members are Yuri, Sayori, Natsuki and the protagonist of the game), Monika can breaks the 4th wall,talking to the player and breaking the game.

Monika's moveset would be same as BrawlFan1's video or would be different moveset, Monika using glitching powers to attack

Job 93:The Portal (Newgrounds Rumble)

The Portal is a stage of a Newgrounds platform fighter called Newgrounds Rumble, and this stage is P-Bot's home stage. the stage is same as the original game,but the stage layout is a hard platform similar to Smash games' Battlefield with two slanted platforms and away from the hard platform

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 92: Bendy(Bendy and the Ink Machine)

Bendy is the titular antagonist from BatIM though while the antagonist in that is Melting Bendy, In All-Star Strife He will be rep'd by his more cutesy cartoon form.

Job 93: The Saucelands(Papa Louie)

The Saucelands is a desert covered in sauce, specifically on the BBQ kind. There will be an occasional Burgersaur to beat as a miniboss,but another than that, nothing special

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 92: Bendy(Bendy and the Ink Machine)

Bendy is the titular antagonist from BatIM though while the antagonist in that is Melting Bendy, In All-Star Strife He will be rep'd by his more cutesy cartoon form.

Job 93: The Saucelands(Papa Louie)

The Saucelands is a desert covered in sauce, specifically on the BBQ kind. There will be an occasional Burgersaur to beat as a miniboss,but another than that, nothing special
Bendy was already submitted. I know you specified his cartoon form, but I’d rather keep things to one Bendy for simplicity.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions have closed!

Please choose your top three fighters from this list (self-voting only allowed for 2nd-3rd). The top two fighters will be added! Please note that should Valentine win, no further Skullgirls characters will be allowed for the remaining four base game slots.
  • Springtrap (FNaF) (FazDude)
  • Valentine (Skullgirls) (Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Goose (Untitled Goose Game) (Darkonedagger)
  • Crow (Nefarious) (Megadoomer)
  • Demon Bendy (Bendy and the Ink Machine) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Mr. Peterson (Hello Neighbor) (Qwerty UIOP)
Please choose your top two stages from this list (self-voting only allowed for 2nd-3rd). The top two stages will be added!
  • Park Path (Bloons TD 5) (FazDude)
  • The Portal (Newgrounds Rumble) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • The Saucelands (Papa Louie) (Qwerty UIOP)
---
Now, it is time for two new jobs featuring two new fighters!

Job 94-95: Submit a moveset for Meat Boy and/or Fireboy & Watergirl!

Please submit a moveset featuring five specials (Neutral/Forward/Back/Up/Down) and a guarding move for either or both characters.

Voting and submissions close tomorrow night!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Meat Boy moveset:

Neutral Special: Buzzsaw - Meat Boy throws a saw blade forwards. If used on the ground, it will work similar to Cloud's Blade Beam in Smash, where it slices along the floor.

Forward Special: Dive - Meat Boy dashes forwards, sliding across the floor with both fists extended. This gives him good horizontal range near the edge of the stage, but he drops pretty quickly after the initial dash if it's used in mid-air.

Back Special: Suplex - a command grab, for the lack of a better term, where Meat Boy lunges forwards slightly with two giant hands outstretched. If he grabs an enemy, he'll lift them overhead before slamming them behind him.

Up Special: Fan - a rotating fan appears beneath Meat Boy, creating a gust of wind that launches him skywards. While it's out, other characters can use the fan to get extra height. If used in mid-air, it will stay in place.

Down Special: Decoy Nugget - since Nugget, Meat Boy's kid, has been getting kidnapped so often, Meat Boy made a decoy that looks like a mix between a scarecrow and a large stick of dynamite, complete with a fuse. Touching or attacking the makeshift decoy causes it to detonate, as does letting the fuse run out. Only one decoy per Meat Boy player can be on-screen at once. If used in the air, the stake on the bottom spikes, but Meat Boy won't let go of the decoy and puts it back wherever he got it.

Guard: Tofu Boy - Meat Boy holds Tofu Boy in front of himself as a shield - it's about all that Tofu Boy is good for. Meat Boy can still be attacked from above or behind, so Tofu Boy isn't even a particularly effective shield.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting / submissions have closed!
  • We must have failed a salvage, because something's entered our roster; Springtrap! Accompanying him is the Goose, submitted by @Darkonedagger!
  • As for our stages, The Portal, as submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 , takes our top slot, and will be added to the document right after I send this. However, Park Path and The Saucelands are tied for second; Please vote for your favorite here!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Meat Boy moveset wins by default, featuring a special cameo from everyone's favorite character, Tofu Boy!
  • Fireboy & Watergirl have had no movesets come in. I'll likely be tackling one myself in the coming days, but until then, it's first come first served.
----
With all that out of the way, it's job time!

Job 94-95: Submit animations for Madeline and/or Hat Kid!
Time to finish up two more fighters! Please submit an entrance animation, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for either or both characters.

Job 96: Submit a "trap" item!
Submit an item which creates a hazard for fighters to navigate around. Examples of what I'm looking for include the Bumper and Banana Peel from Smash.

Job 97: Submit a composer to create the game's main theme!
Kind of a weirder job, but one I'd like to have. Please submit a composer who has worked on at least one indie game to create our game's main theme.

I want to spend some time tomorrow studying for my final exam, so submissions will close Tuesday morning as opposed to tomorrow.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 94: Madeline Animations
  • Stage Intro: Madeline steps out of a gondola, looking around.
  • Taunts:
    • A Winged Strawberry appears in front of Madeline, who reaches up to grab it as it flies away.
    • Madeline takes a deep breath, a feather appearing beside her as she does.
    • Badeline appears behind Madeline and blows a raspberry, with the latter donning a cross expression. This would also happen if Badeline was being used as part of Madeline's supers; Just assume she's using her duplication abilities.
  • Victory Animations:
    • Madeline is seen snoozing against a rock, with a bird perched on her head.
    • Madeline happily displays a strawberry pie to the camera, with Badeline sneaking a strawberry out of it.
    • Madeline stops to catch her breath, with Badeline using her head as an armrest. Unlike her down taunt, though, Madeline just gives an "oh, you!" smile.
Job 95: Hat Kid Animations
  • Stage Intro: Hat Kid leaps down from the sky and poses.
  • Taunts:
    • Hat Kid blows a kiss forward.
    • Hat Kid sticks her tounge out at the opponent.
    • Hat Kid does a little dance. You know the one.
  • Victory Animations:
    • Hat Kid orbits around a Time Piece before posing with it.
    • Hat Kid turns to the camera and flashes a peace sign.
    • Hat Kid brandishes her parasol before posing with it over her shoulder.
Don't have any ideas for Job 96 myself.

Job 97: Toby Fox

That's right, the (D)OG himself. Even if I'll probably end up voting for Tim now that he's been submitted, it'd be a crime to not at least nominate Toby.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 97: Trap Item

Bear Trap (Dead By Daylight)

Used by the face of Dead By Daylight, the Trapper (much like Tracer from Overwatch or the Heavy from Team Fortress 2, he's used most often in marketing), the Bear Trap is... a bear trap. It takes a second or two to place it down and open it up, but once set, anyone who steps on it is damaged slightly and immobilized until they can free themselves or until they're attacked. However, it doesn't distinguish friend from foe, and much like in Dead By Daylight, even the player who set it can activate it.

Also, not familiar with Five Nights At Freddy's, but I'm glad to see that the Goose made it in.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 95 delayed: Fireboy & Watergirl Moveset

(note:all Fireboy & Watergirl special attacks are original moves or taken from official Smash characters)

Neutral Special (Fireboy): Flaming Breath - Fireboy spits a stream of fire from his mouth,this special attack is similar as Bowser's and Charizard's neutral special
Neutral Special (Watergirl): Aquatic Shot - Watergirl charges in, and then spits out a stream of water,the water doesn't damage but pushes the opponent,this attack is similar as Squirtle's neutral special
Forward Special (Fireboy): Dashing Fire Punch - Fireboy dashes forward with his left fist and when Fireboy is closes to the opponent,Fireboy gives an uppercut,in the air it's the same thing,but Fireboy punches downward,this attack is similar as Captain Falcon's side special
Forward Special (Watergirl): Surfing Kick - Watergirl gives a sliding kick,in the air Watergirl gives a kick diagonally forward down
Backward Special (Fireboy): Explosive Spit - Fireboy spits out a drop of lava and the drop explodes on the ground or the opponent
Backward Special (Watergirl): Mini-Waterspout - Watergirl clap her hands and a small waterspout comes out of her hands,the little waterspout traps the opponent
Up Special (Fireboy): Flaming Uppercut - Fireboy gives a Shoryuke-,i mean a flaming uppercut with his right arm
Up Special (Watergirl): Aquatic Helicopter Kick - Watergirl performs a flurry of spinning kicks,this attack is similar as Mii Brawler's up special
Down Special (Fireboy): Fire Plunge - Fireboy diagonally jumps upward, and heads straight to the ground,this attack is similar as Mii Brawler's down special
Down Special (Watergirl): Water Eruption - Watergirl makes a puddle and in 5 seconds,a vertical stream of water comes out in the puddle
Guard Attack (Fireboy/Watergirl): Swap - this move is swap character,Fireboy and Watergirl dodges and switch sides both turning into slime and reverting to their normal form,if the player is controlling Fireboy,the player switches to Watergirl,and if the player is controlling Watergirl,the player switches to Fireboy

Top Bottom