• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Competitive Impressions: TBH5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Oh my god... ZeRo don't scare me like that. That was so god damn close jesus christ.

Now Sheik is getting to even match-ups. Not because she isn't good. It's because the other characters meta is evolving and they are catching up with her. This is why I love Smash 4. The hype is really amazing and almost everyone can be a part of it.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
My heart can't take much more of these matches. I actually really wanna see ZeRo win.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Alright. Bad jokes aside, this gives the "mario beats/goes even with Sheik" crowd much more ground to stand on. Thoughts?
Honestly, this has always been debated. Just, we needed a Mario to show it. Ally is a stellar Mario but he's not on Zero's level. Anti actually is.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Honestly, this has always been debated. Just, we needed a Mario to show it. Ally is a stellar Mario but he's not on Zero's level. Anti actually is.
I actually hadn't seen Anti play before today, lol. Dude's incredible.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Anti is the one Zero trained with before Evo. Always knew he was godlike. (zero thinks that Anti is top 3 in the world)
It's time though. Zero vs Nairo

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
What a stupid, embarrassing way to end such a great tournament. I hope Nairo loses.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nairo sandbagged first set because he doesn't want to win on a technicality.

He doesn't want the buffer from being on Winners' bracket. He wants everything on the line like Zero.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wasn't Ally better than Anti in Brawl? Anti was great, but Ally was top 2 (3?) for the first couple years IIRC

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
did the stream really just stop right now.......
This is actually bull**** right now

I BELIEVE ZERO WIN THIS ****TTT

Last edited:

SuqAta8

Smash Rookie
whats the payout difference between 1st and 2nd?

why would nairo sandbag and certainly lose $ equity ?

Raijinken

Smash Master
whats the payout difference between 1st and 2nd?

why would nairo sandbag and certainly lose $ equity ?
On one hand, I could see some desire to beat Zero without bracket advantage being something a player could want.

On the other hand, nobody can convince me that wasn't a throw in the first set. And here I was thinking it was all about "playing to win."

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
The Big House 5 Results:
1) ZeRo :4sheik:
2) Nairo :4zss:
3) Dabuz :rosalina:
4) Anti :4mario::4luigi:
5) Vinnie :4sheik:
5) Rayquaza :rosalina:
7) Zenyou :4mario:
7) Abadango :4metaknight::rosalina:

TBH (lol) I'm kind of glad ZeRo won. I wanted him to remain the king of the version of the game he has completely dominated, and I want 1.1.1 to belong to someone else. It'd suck if his streak was taken from him right before the game as we know it was completely overturned. I'd also like to note that sandbagging for "information" (or any reason, really) is not a good idea. Anti could have been up 2-0 at one point, and Nairo might have had another chance to adapt with his real main.

In the words of the demigod who forgot his own advice:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
The Big House 5 Results:
1) Zero :4sheik:
2) Nairo :4zss:
3) Dabuz :rosalina:
4) Anti :4mario::4luigi:
5) Vinnie :4sheik:
5) Rayquaza :rosalina:
7) Zenyou :4mario:
7) Abadango :4metaknight::rosalina:

TBH (lol) I'm kind of glad ZeRo won. I wanted him to remain the king of the version of the game he has completely dominated, and I want 1.1.1 to belong to someone else. It'd suck if his streak was taken from him right before the game as we know it was completely overturned. I'd also like to note that sandbagging for "information" (or any reason, really) is not a good idea. Anti could have been up 2-0 at one point, and Nairo might have had another chance to adapt with his real main.

In the words of the demigod who forgot his own advice:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Maybe Anti was going for matchup inexperience instead?

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I'm kinda glad ZeRo won. I felt bad for him losing yesterday when he was clearly not playing his best.

Really impressed by Anti too. I've only heard good stuff about him but never seen him actually play. He was the only one that actually seemed like a legit threat to ZeRo.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Maybe Anti was going for matchup inexperience instead?
Pretty much impossible. Anti and ZeRo were practice partners, and ZeRo considers him an incredibly scary opponent.

Basically he wanted to see if Wii Fit Trainer could get something done. It's a tool in his kit and it's not something that should be discounted for. Anti doesn't really have a "main". He uses whatever is appropriate for his opponent.

Edit: In other words, he has belief that WFT is competitive.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Smash con winners' finals and Anti vs. ZeRo are the two highest level sets in the history of Smash 4, imo.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
One thing I never see people using against Zero, is covering get-up options.

One big point that Zero was doing was using n-air to cover get-up options. The move lasts literally a century *27 frames* and in his set vs Rayquaza, he hit like 4 N-Airs in a row to push him back off-stage and destroyed any momentum Ray had from game 1.

People give Zero way too much respect on the ledge honestly.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Pretty much impossible. Anti and ZeRo were practice partners, and ZeRo considers him an incredibly scary opponent.

Basically he wanted to see if Wii Fit Trainer could get something done. It's a tool in his kit and it's not something that should be discounted for. Anti doesn't really have a "main". He uses whatever is appropriate for his opponent.

Edit: In other words, he has belief that WFT is competitive.
The man's even more skilled than I thought, then. Who the heck put him in losers?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
God, ZeRo's Sheik literally chokes opponents to death. I get anxious by just watching it. This character is disgusting.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Nairo sandbagged and deserved to lose

@Nairo wanted a level playing field, nothing else. He doesn't care about 1st place or the money, he wants to prove that he can win a tournament even with the best player there and playing in top form. He knows he deserved the loss, one way or another.

Nothing but respect for that mentality.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo

@Nairo wanted a level playing field, nothing else. He doesn't care about 1st place or the money, he wants to prove that he can win a tournament even with the best player there and playing in top form. He knows he deserved the loss, one way or another.

You respect Nairo's inability to respect his opponent? Are Nairo fans really this delusional?

|RK|

Smash Marketer

That's what I don't get when people say, if you don't pick x characters, you're not playing to win. There's winning, and then there's being the best... Winning in your own way, and proving something.

Nairo wanted to win, but in his own way - that makes all the difference.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I have to say, I thought Rosalina's tier placement was slipping a tad, but this tournament changed my mind. Also ESAM hasn't done the greatest lately, which naturally means that Pikachu hasn't been doing great lately, idk if it's the character or if ESAM is just a bit off.

Also was I the only one who really thought Nairo was gonna whip out the Zelda in game three of set one vs ZeRo. I was so disappointed.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Lets keep in mind there's strategy to this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom