• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Competitive Impressions: TBH5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, who all is keeping tabs on BH5 pools atm?

All of the Ikes are in the winners side so far for phase 2, though San in in the same pool as Zero now. Ryuga got Pink Flesh, Ryo got Vinnie.

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
So, who all is keeping tabs on BH5 pools atm?

All of the Ikes are in the winners side so far for phase 2, though San in in the same pool as Zero now. Ryuga got Pink Flesh, Ryo got Vinnie.
In a pool with ZeRo and MVD, with a first round match against MJG (who just beat Ryuga last night), I worry for San. Ryo in top 32 looks very likely though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In a pool with ZeRo and MVD, with a first round match against MJG (who just beat Ryuga last night), I worry for San. Ryo in top 32 looks very likely though.
Ah, my Johns are already premade, I'm good lol. My pool also has static Manny as well. It'll be interesting to see how the others fare.

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
Just tuned in to see Ryuga beat Fatality - Ike continuing to be legit. How are the others holding up so far?

Edit: And Seagull took a set off of ZeRo... Who could have called that one?

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
WHHAAAT

of all people i would think to put zero in losers seagull was NOT one of them

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
OH MY GOD: SEAGULL JUST DEFEATED ZERO WITH SONIC. WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING!?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So Seagull just 2-0'd ZeRo (Possible the only time stream chat is for Seagull...), soo..... wat. Like, what?

Anyways, further confirmation that matchup is even.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kills: Fthrow, Bthrow, Fsmash, Bair. Throw kills to the rescue game 1, and game 2 he had some solid reads, the big Fsmash read on the shorthops. Good stuff :O

Also, game 1 of Ryuga vs Fatality looked to be in Falcon's favor so hard, but then the notorious Eruption edgeguard came into play big time. It could've come into play game 3 as well, but he didn't go for it for some reason. These matches are good!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too bad it happened on a version of the game that will be history after the tournament is over.

:059:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ZeRo seems to be getting rusty. I'm not surprised this happened.

What I am surprised by is that fact that it was Sonic that beat him, and with two winning matches!

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Looking at zero's twitter it is very obvious that he is losing his tourney nerves. I actually don't think this is a good representation of his skill because of it.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Judging by zeros recent tweets, i was expecting this to be the first tourney he loses. Surprised that seagull joe was the one to beat him however. Congrats to him.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Zero loses to Vinnie - GOOD JOB VINNIE
Zero loses to Seagull Joe - Eh, Zero obviously had an off day.

Congrats, Joe.
:018:

Did Zero play Sheik or play Diddy?

Ganemdar

Smash Rookie

Congrats, Joe.

Did Zero play Sheik or play Diddy?

He played Diddy first game and Sheik second game.

NegaNixx

Smash Journeyman
:018::018::018::018::018:

Good Job Seagull! That Sonic was looking really polished your last few appearances!

This also serves as good indication that Sonic is still a meta threat and has one of the better match ups with Shiek. He's rarely mentioned in Shiek counter discussions as of late. I know it's just one set but before the B-Throw patch it was definitely one of Shiek's worst match ups. Now it's just more neutral

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Not trying to demean Seaull's victory, but ZeRo obviously isn't at top form, so not sure what you're trying to say there? He was going to drop out of this, after all.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Not trying to demean Seaull's victory, but ZeRo obviously isn't at top form, so not sure what you're trying to say there? He was going to drop out of this, after all.
He was going to drop out of PAX as well, if memory serves me right. Nobody's at top form 100% of the time, that's the nature of competition.

I just find the difference in reactions to be entertaining.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
What a way to go out. Hopefully Zero losing can take some of the stress away. That boy had too much on his shoulders.

Congratz to Seagull though! Nobody would've guessed it would be ol' Joe that broke Zero's streak.

Edit: I'm wrong ignore me lmao

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
What a way to go out. Hopefully Zero losing can take some of the stress away. That boy had too much on his shoulders.

Congratz to Seagull though! Nobody would've guessed it would be ol' Joe that broke Zero's streak.
Am I missing something? I thought zero was still in the tournament just in losers.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Early ZeRo vs MVD. ZeRo gets game 1 off MVDs SD second stock.

EDIT: MVD out so early...

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Am I missing something? I thought zero was still in the tournament just in losers.
Maybe I heard wrong :x
That's what I get for posting during a tournament without watching it. RIP

Still, good for Seagull. I do think that losing would take some of the edge off of Zero. He's under too much pressure over something fairly trivial.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
6WX still thinks Sonic is Top 3. And... Maybe he is right. We just saw how Sheik lost to Sonic in a 2-0 match and it was the best Sheik in the world. I do think Sonic can be Top 5 with the newest patch.
One match (specifically one game) is as trust-worthy and reliable as Donald Trump

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
History has been made? ZeRo already loss a Set against Mr.Concon and Vinnie, they just happened in Grand Finals, this time he's just in losers bracket instead of a bracket reset.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Zero barely used needles in neutral, relied on "safe" sh fair to keep sonic at bay. Sadly, that doesn't work because sonic run in PS and grab Sheik for fairing. He was jumping way to much which is where sonic wants Sheik--the air.

Zero let Joe in for free WAY too much. Everytime there was distance between them Zero should've been charging/shooting needles, instead Joe spindashed/ran PS in.

Props to Joe though, played excellent

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice
So alot of people have been wondering if zero was ever gonna lose a tournament.

Well I guess now alot of people finally know now.

We just didn't know it was gonna be against Seagull joe of all people.

Seriously congrats seagull.
...You know he's still in the tournament, right? Can't count him out just yet.

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
So alot of people have been wondering if zero was ever gonna lose a tournament.

Well I guess now alot of people finally know now.

We just didn't know it was gonna be against Seagull joe of all people.

Seriously congrats seagull.
pretty sure he's not out yet, just in loses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom