• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

kupo15

Smash Hero
You mean like fixing grabbing Snake's UpB glitch and grabbing people over the edge after they've used their second jump?

Sure, I'm cool with that. But those issues are less prevalent than the release issues, though, so I'd say we should prioritize the release/break frames first. And like I said, we already know what needs to be done in this case. We're just looking for the values that affect the frames length so that we can modify them.

And what's up with YES! lag?
- Hitlag on electric moves
- 0 buffer not having instant aerials
- Triple jump glitch fix was having some issue with some UpB, IIRC
Bold is the YES lag that I think we need another code entirely. And yes about the second jump thing. That is how falcon has a grab release infinite on wario.

Also, I have a feeling that the hitlag code does not affect the player getting attacked at all. I countered dks charge punch with marth without the codes and dk received kb and I hear reports that dk is still in his SA frames with the codes. Unless there is something special about the counter similar to electric attacks that the code doesn't address, I think another code must be made for the attacked Its the only thing that makes sense because we electric attacks from the attacker are affected with this code.

D

Deleted member

that last doesn't matter since it would improve combos (since the attacker can move already) and the flow is greatly improved.

I see no downsides, though some samus testers should check if you can't do an infinte with the charge shot.

kupo15

Smash Hero
that last doesn't matter since it would improve combos (since the attacker can move already) and the flow is greatly improved.

I see no downsides, though some samus testers should check if you can't do an infinte with the charge shot.
No thats not the point. The purpose of the lower hitlag was suppose to make DIing harder since you have less time to react to the incoming attack but I feel no difference in DI with the hitlag code like I should have. If it does not affect the attacked in any way that would explain a lot

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I was wondering if YOU (Not Magus) did all your testing with 11/22/5 shieldstun.
If so, thoughts? If not, wut?
I know this was directed at me but I have done a bit of playing in it and I don't like it much at all. Though it does help with a lot of the weaker moves by quite a bit I don't feel its doing enough for the stronger moves. So I've started playing a few games at 13/22/5 and I like it quite a bit more.

I'll just summarize what I think would be the optimum codeset for brawl+

Stuff that we all agree on:
-no tripping
-ALC
-hitstun +8-9%
-dash dance
-no ASL
-separated pokemon trainer
-attack decay modifier (whatever the current value is)
-anti-laserlock/tiltlock
I find it odd that you don't mention shieldstun at all here since most everyone seems to be in agreement about using it and sees it as a necessary code. Then you put separated pokemon in this category when there are some people who still think it hurt the unique properties of Pokemon Trainer. Yes, a lot of people think separated pokemon is a good thing but from what Ive seen in posts people are willing to give it up for other system changes.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I agree Giza, I was uderwhelemed with the 11/22/5 shield stun code. It's just not doing enough for stronger attacks in my opinion. Mind posting your shield stun code Giza?

zxeon

Smash Lord
Bold is the YES lag that I think we need another code entirely. And yes about the second jump thing. That is how falcon has a grab release infinite on wario.

Also, I have a feeling that the hitlag code does not affect the player getting attacked at all. I countered dks charge punch with marth without the codes and dk received kb and I hear reports that dk is still in his SA frames with the codes. Unless there is something special about the counter similar to electric attacks that the code doesn't address, I think another code must be made for the attacked Its the only thing that makes sense because we electric attacks from the attacker are affected with this code.
It probably affects DK but his SA frames aren't tied to his animation they just start as soon as he lets off his punch.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Shieldstun 13/22/5:
C28753FC 00000005
83810034 809F007C
A0840006 2C04001A
41820014 1F9C000D
3B9C0016 38800005
7F9C23D6 00000000
C277F78C 00000003
2C1C001D 41820008
B39E0006 2C1CFFFF
60000000 00000000

Revven

FrankerZ
ok well how about using the air speed part of this code instead
We wouldn't be able to because the line of code that enhances his air speed is specifically only for Falcon. You'd have to ask PW about a universal one (and I tried asking for an enhanced air speed modifier months and months ago but, it went ignored by PW for some reason, or at least he didn't see me requesting it at the time). Regardless, you wouldn't get universal air speed increase if you took the line(s) that enhance Falcon's air speed.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I agree with the fact that we need to focus on fixing old codes instead of making new ones.. not to mention combine codes together so we can test them all together at once.

We need to discuss diddy's situation with the sweetspot ledges code, we need to address the fact that ganon's upB has no hitstun on it (if you're getting hugged by ganon, the instant he lets go of you, you can do an aerial to hit him or dodge, strangely B moves don't work), we need to fix the triple jump code, we need to fix the buffer code, and possibly fix the timing on the manual L cancel.

shanus

Smash Hero
I still really like 11/22/5, some moves are still shield grabbable, others are not. It seems to be a happy medium to me. I am really liking my codeset right now after toning down the hitstun to 9% from 10%. Dash speed at 10% is great.

I really just want faster jumps and I'd be pretty much content tbh.

I think I might turn upwards grav up and try and do short hops at a higher height to compensate so I get higher jump speed with approximately the same height short hops. Has anyone else tried this and knows it works?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think air speed should be emphasized with the other stuff, just because it would be more "fun" than all the other codes mentioned. The other codes are important codes, but they aren't the most entertaining, and I want to play super fast happy speed asap ****it. I don't think we should worry about transferring ground momentum, just make it so that everyone moves faster in the air slightly, and make it work on the same percentage as the ground speed.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
For making the airspeed code, would it be possible to store a player's action on each frame for the past 2 frames in RAM? Then, if a player performs a jump and on the last frame they were dashing they get the air speed boost.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think air speed should be emphasized with the other stuff, just because it would be more "fun" than all the other codes mentioned. The other codes are important codes, but they aren't the most entertaining, and I want to play super fast happy speed asap ****it. I don't think we should worry about transferring ground momentum, just make it so that everyone moves faster in the air slightly, and make it work on the same percentage as the ground speed.
I agree. Air speed should be a priory because even though jab locks are important, the air speed code will effect the game much more dramatically and it will be more "fun"

shanus

Smash Hero
air speed gogogogogo! Hopefully some of the few ideas posted on the previous page could help find a universal modifier

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The problem is that all the values that we're going to end up using for these codes depend on eachother. Hitstun depends on gravity, movement speed, air momentum, DI power, etc.

The only things that we seem to have a real consensus on are BAD, and ALC.

shanus

Smash Hero
The problem is that all the values that we're going to end up using for these codes depend on eachother. Hitstun depends on gravity, movement speed, air momentum, DI power, etc.

The only things that we seem to have a real consensus on are BAD, and ALC.
Considering we will realistically only be tweaking with one or two more real properties, the values wont change dramatically from where they are now.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I know that character mods will be coming last, but I was wondering if, when you guys do start on that, you could lower the lag from the end of Squirtle's side-b attack. I think that that move could be very useful as an approach, with its invincibility frames, if one could only follow up after it.

Edit: Of course, more important characters such as meta and diddy would come first. I wouldn't even mind if it never happened. This is just something I'd like to see happen, in the far future if need be.

lamelikemike

Smash Cadet
is it possible to fix the sweetspot ledges for diddy? that is the only thing that keeps him from being one of the better B+ characters. even if it was just more consistent when it was and wasn't gonna grab the ledge cause i will do the same recovery over and over and die 75% of the time. his lack of edge game makes him sad :(

im not asking anyone to fix it, i just want to know if its possible in the future im not one to nag the coders

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I know that character mods will be coming last, but I was wondering if, when you guys do start on that, you could lower the lag from the end of Squirtle's side-b attack. I think that that move could be very useful as an approach, with its invincibility frames, if one could only follow up after it.
I'm pretty sure a Metaknight nerf and fixing Diddy's recovery would come before something like that.

johe

Smash Apprentice

Edit: Of course, more important characters such as meta and diddy would come first. I wouldn't even mind if it never happened. This is just something I'd like to see happen, in the far future if need be.
Except when you get falcon punched and rocket off the stage.

that and you can't combo from it.

what it really needs is the ability to stop it at any time.

abcool

Smash Ace
Umm ok i have having problems it seems the shorter shorthops/dashspeed/faster fastfall codes affecting my hitstun code when i use it...like i get stuck in hitstun for way to long ..and yes i was using like 8.5% stun plus the moves seem to make funny sounds when i hit someone..anybody else exp that before?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Umm ok i have having problems it seems the shorter shorthops/dashspeed/faster fastfall codes affecting my hitstun code when i use it...like i get stuck in hitstun for way to long ..and yes i was using like 8.5% stun plus the moves seem to make funny sounds when i hit someone..anybody else exp that before?
You're using an outdated code. I think kupo has updated the OP with the current one, now. The old one overwrote the hitstun constant lol

johe

Smash Apprentice
Edit: beaten by LG's trufax

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
what code am i using that is outdated exactly and what is OP?
OP = original post (yeah, I know, it can also mean overpowered)

Although I think the post with the code is actually a post or two down.

The dash/ff/sh code was originally written to replace the hitstun constant with one of the variables, which is why you're getting those glitches. The new one does not do that.

abcool

Smash Ace
johe..wtf lol umm ok do i should use the 7 liner? also what percentage do u guys use for the dashspeed and short hop?

johe

Smash Apprentice
johe..wtf lol umm ok do i should use the 7 liner? also what percentage do u guys use for the dashspeed and short hop?
Usually, when someone posts something that you say before you as you are typing, you edit your post to say beaten.

Since my posts contained the exact same info as LG's I decided it would be best to delete them.

And I will laugh so hard if LG beats me to this

abcool

Smash Ace
wait wasn't this ya opprotunity to tell me something before leaf green did?*facepalm* ppl ppl i need a percent on dashspeed and shorthop. is fastfall thrown out the window cause of the glitch, cause that downward gravity causes to many suicides lol

johe

Smash Apprentice
wait wasn't this ya opprotunity to tell me something before leaf green did?*facepalm* ppl ppl i need a percent on dashspeed and shorthop. is fastfall thrown out the window cause of the glitch, cause that downward gravity causes to many suicides lol
*Prays LG won't beat him*

People are trying out values around 1.2 for dash speed and around .9 for the short hop code. I have no idea what they are using for the FF speed.

EDIT: Whatyano, prayer works.

kupo15

Smash Hero
johe and abcool

Stop spamming this thread!!!!!!!! Take it to the PM or AIM!!

About the air momentum. We also need to make sure it does not affect DI or when you get hit. That would defeat the purpose if they can move away from you faster when you try to combo them

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm just wondering if any of the coders who read this thread are actively looking into a global air speed modifier after our discussions from the previous pages? I know paprika expressed interest but didn't know if he was following up with it. I just think this is probably the last major gameplay code (potentially nerfing DI later, but thats another discussion in itself) we would be implementing and I'm pretty excited for it. If you need help with any ideas of where to look or someone to test, I'll gladly help.

Top Bottom