• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

shanus

Smash Hero
So, it seems everyone has been coming to the consensus that the old 3/5 shieldstun was a tad too much.

I've since agreed with that and have been spending all my testing time only on shieldstun in search for that ideal value.

Now, I still have to discuss it with Yeroc and possibly Mookie so that we can share and compare results and get everything down perfectly, but I do believe I got it.

Here it is:

Shield Stun 2.0 11/22/5 [spunit262]
C28753FC 00000005
83810034 809F007C
A0840006 2C04001A
41820014 1F9C000B
3B9C0016 38800005
7F9C23D6 00000000
C277F78C 00000003
2C1C001D 41820008
B39E0006 2C1CFFFF
60000000 00000000

It's using Version 2, as you can see, and the values are 11/22/5.

For me, it works wonderfully.
But I don't use any gravity or dash speed codes, so I don't know how it'll work out for everyone else.

Still, give it a whirl.

Furthermore, a VIDEO!

Of what? Why, of the Near Perfect Shield in action!

See for yourself what the deal is with this thang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnHumS4Wac
Nice work with both NPS and honing down the right values of shield stun. As I am not capable of generating a gct file on this computer, I'll have to wait to test it out further.

Kupo, can we implement this new shield stun code with value into the standard gct for testing?

MattNF

Smash Lord
What does the Level Freeze do? Sorry if this was mentioned already, I didn't want to read through the whole topic.

MuBa

Smash Lord
What does the Level Freeze do? Sorry if this was mentioned already, I didn't want to read through the whole topic.
Basically it completely freezes the level. The background, moving platforms, stage transformation, they all stop. So this code is especially useful for Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Wario Ware (Looks kind of weird with a frozen background).

Revven

FrankerZ
It freezes specific stages of your choice to rid them of their hazards or "level change" (a.k.a. Warioware and PS2 for example). Thus, making them neutral and more tourney viable as stage choices.

Edit: Beaten.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Thanks for the quick responses. That's a pretty cool code, I'm going to use that once I get my SD Card! I always liked the platform layout of Warioware's normal level. Are there any real differences between PS1 and PS2's normal levels? I think PS2 is slightly bigger, but I may be mistaken...

Revven

FrankerZ
I found some matches by Shortfuse that are pretty cool. It looks like his opponents haven't played Brawl+ before but, it seems Shortfuse has had some practice at least (just look at his Fox matches). Anyway, here's the link to his channel where you can find them, they were uploaded pretty recently (today actually).

here

He's using the codes in kupo's OP, this includes hitlag.

Edit: Just so you all know, the ones that say "Brawl" are meant to be "Brawl+", he just forgot to put the "+" there so, all the ones on his channel are Brawl+ matches. (At least, on the first page).

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I would suggest that you create a new thread for testers to share what they discover in. You can put the list of testers in the OP and that way you don't have to keep reposting it here.
Thought of doing that but then that kinda opens the flood gates to everyone who just casually passes by on the boards but not necessary returns input in this topic.

Code:
[FONT="Arial Black"]

[COLOR="Red"]Bowser:[/COLOR]
*Kupo15
*GPDP 
*SketchHurricane

[COLOR="Red"]Captain Falcon:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]Charizard:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Falco:[/COLOR]
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]Fox:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
Zilactic
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]King D3:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Diddy Kong:[/COLOR]
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]DK:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Osi
leafgreen386
*GPDP 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Ganondorf:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
johe
leafgreen386
*GPDP 

[COLOR="Red"]Iceclimbers:[/COLOR]
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Ike:[/COLOR]
Shadic
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Ivysaur:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Jigglypuff:[/COLOR]
Osi
Kayjay
*plasmatorture
leafgreen386

[COLOR="Red"]Kirby:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Link:[/COLOR]
Shadic
KayJay

[COLOR="Red"]Lucas:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Lucario:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Luigi:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Mario:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
Marioblaze

[COLOR="Red"]Marth:[/COLOR]
*Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]MetaKnight:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Mr. Game & Watch:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Ness:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
*Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Olimar:[/COLOR]
Shanus
*plasmatorture
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Peach:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]pikachu:[/COLOR]
Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Pit:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Rob:[/COLOR]
*Shanus

[COLOR="Red"]Samus:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Sheik:[/COLOR]
Osi
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Snake[/COLOR]
*GPDP 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Sonic:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
KayJay  	
Dark Sonic

[COLOR="Red"]Squirtle:[/COLOR]
WeirdoZ Inc
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Wario:[/COLOR]
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Wolf:[/COLOR]
Osi
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Yoshi:[/COLOR]
Osi
Kayjay
plasmatorture 
*storm92

[COLOR="Red"]Zelda:[/COLOR]
Kayjay
*plasmatorture
*storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]ZSS:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
Yeroc 

[I]* Indicates rarely used or played by person in poster's smash group.[/I]
[/FONT]

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Thought of doing that but then that kinda opens the flood gates to everyone who just casually passes by on the boards but not necessary returns input in this topic.

Code:
[FONT="Arial Black"]

[COLOR="Red"]Bowser:[/COLOR]
*Kupo15
*GPDP 
*SketchHurricane

[COLOR="Red"]Captain Falcon:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]Charizard:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Falco:[/COLOR]
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]Fox:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
Zilactic
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]King D3:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Diddy Kong:[/COLOR]
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]DK:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Osi
leafgreen386
*GPDP 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Ganondorf:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
johe
leafgreen386
*GPDP 

[COLOR="Red"]Iceclimbers:[/COLOR]
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Ike:[/COLOR]
Shadic
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Ivysaur:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Jigglypuff:[/COLOR]
Osi
Kayjay
*plasmatorture
leafgreen386

[COLOR="Red"]Kirby:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Link:[/COLOR]
Shadic
KayJay

[COLOR="Red"]Lucas:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Lucario:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Luigi:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Mario:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
Marioblaze

[COLOR="Red"]Marth:[/COLOR]
*Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]MetaKnight:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Mr. Game & Watch:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Ness:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
*Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Olimar:[/COLOR]
Shanus
*plasmatorture
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Peach:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]pikachu:[/COLOR]
Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Pit:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Rob:[/COLOR]
*Shanus

[COLOR="Red"]Samus:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Sheik:[/COLOR]
Osi
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Snake[/COLOR]
*GPDP 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Sonic:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
KayJay  	
Dark Sonic

[COLOR="Red"]Squirtle:[/COLOR]
WeirdoZ Inc
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Wario:[/COLOR]
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Wolf:[/COLOR]
Osi
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Yoshi:[/COLOR]
Osi
Kayjay
plasmatorture 
*storm92

[COLOR="Red"]Zelda:[/COLOR]
Kayjay
*plasmatorture
*storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]ZSS:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
Yeroc 

[I]* Indicates rarely used or played by person in poster's smash group.[/I]
[/FONT]
Somehow u put me on Jigglypuff, I'm not playing her, the other characters are right.

johe

Smash Apprentice
Quote isn't working so I'm just going to say that I'm talking to cobalt

Would a closed social group work, that way we can keep just anyone from posting. But I really think we need this. For instance, I think I may have found a death combo on Ivy with shiek, but my friend sucks at DI, so I need someone to test it on a someone else.

kupo15

Smash Hero
@kupo

Well, the Homing Attack may not be too good of an actual attack, but it's still useful for recoveries.

I mean, we're getting into the subjective realm here when we discuss what "works".

What about Jigglypuff's Sing? That attack definitely doesn't work then. I mean... there's something wrong with a move when 0% of that character's players use it...
And Jigglypuff's Rest doesn't work anymore either. Not even with hitstun is it properly fixed.
What about those?

What about Yoshi's Egg Roll? Homing Attack for sure works better than that one too.

See the issue with starting that debate now, when we don't even know if we'll have line space for it?

And about PW, maybe you should tell him to test Lucas's Dsmash specifically since it seems to be the attack that has the most noticeable problem with the hitlag mod.
Wait, what exactly is wrong with homing attack, and why is it so bad that we should spend lines to buff a character who by all accounts doesn't need a buff?
Its programmed to hit a target above their heads and the code would move the target to the center. I think we should consider this at some point for the character changes if we can

Ill inform PW and Ill update the gct

shanus

Smash Hero
Its programmed to hit a target above their heads and the code would move the target to the center. I think we should consider this at some point for the character changes if we can

Kupo, are you updating the gct with the new shieldstun constants reported a page or two ago?

It was something like 11/22/5 or something along those lines.

Also, it seems the general consensus feels that upward gravity + 1.05% is a good feeling to speed up jumps, should we test this as well?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Kupo, are you updating the gct with the new shieldstun constants reported a page or two ago?

It was something like 11/22/5 or something along those lines.

Also, it seems the general consensus feels that upward gravity + 1.05% is a good feeling to speed up jumps, should we test this as well?
Sure, can you post the upwardness code or is this the up/down gravity code 1.05 up 1.1 down? What other side effects does it have besides speeding up the jump?

shanus

Smash Hero
Sure, can you post the upwardness code or is this the up/down gravity code 1.05 up 1.1 down? What other side effects does it have besides speeding up the jump?
I think it slightly nerfs the height of jumps as well. It is just the 1.05 up, 1.1 down code I believe.

shanus

Smash Hero
Looks good, will try it out for a little before i head out.

Jiang, i never heard of neogaf before haha

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I've personally seen the homing attack used to great effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blLij6YRJTg
There is no reason in my mind to buff that attack. The only things we should even consider buffing are completely pathetic moves like Jiggly's Sleep. There is absolutely nothing you can say about that move that would defend it's uses (no one's gonna fall for that ledge sleep crap), and that should be the criteria.

I even have issue with Ness DJC. It's complete opinion to want that technique in the game. Ness absolutely does not need it to be played well. Now, if it added to Ness' options without taking anything away, that'd be fine (still don't see why Ness should get special attention in this way). But it takes away your ability to use a rising fair from under the ledge, which is an awesome way to get back on.

BTW isn't 11/22/5 the same as 1/2/5?

johe

Smash Apprentice

But does it warrant a fix more than sing, egg roll, etc., etc.

Do we really want to use linespace to buff a character who is just fine as is. I say we should buff someone like bowser who is bad before we buff someone who is just fine.

shanus

Smash Hero
I say we don't worry about buffing characters till we line out the overall gameplay first. One step at a time.

Does this upward gravity really affect the jump speed that much? I feel like im getting shorter short hops but not much in the way of launch speed.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I found some matches by Shortfuse that are pretty cool. It looks like his opponents haven't played Brawl+ before but, it seems Shortfuse has had some practice at least (just look at his Fox matches). Anyway, here's the link to his channel where you can find them, they were uploaded pretty recently (today actually).

here

He's using the codes in kupo's OP, this includes hitlag.

Edit: Just so you all know, the ones that say "Brawl" are meant to be "Brawl+", he just forgot to put the "+" there so, all the ones on his channel are Brawl+ matches. (At least, on the first page).
I agree, ShortFuse is beastly :laugh:
We only played Brawl+ one day, and I have 16 videos. I'm in the process of putting them up.
The "+" didn't come up on the titles because YouTube's Batch Uploader keeps removing them so I have to add them in manually.

My friends aren't bad, especially NEISO but it takes a lot of getting used to. It was my first time playing Brawl+ as well as theirs. The fact I used the dash dance code ruined a lot of my Fox and Marth. I used to be able to Pivot Smash with Marth.

I question taking out Auto SweetSpot Ledges. If you think about it, it feels somewhat cheap in Melee. I use Marth. Walk up to edge, fSmash spam. I think I'll leave it on. Call me n00bish but it's really not that great, having to sweespot every time. It limits your recovery options since you'll almost always have to recover from the same vertical distance, thus making you more predictable. Oh, I know, I had to do in Melee, but it wasn't a thing of enjoyment, it was thing of coping with it.

Lagless edges takes a little getting used to because you're vulnerable earlier. No biggie. It's not a flaw, just takes getting used to.

Auto L-Cancel changes the game completely. Brawl+ could completely consist of glitch fixes, no tripping and Auto L-Cancel and it'd be still be great. It makes MetaKnight not as highly tiered since characters can be faster.

Shield stun is too strong. If you do a jab spam with, say Fox, you can't drop your shield. Sounds okay, but I main Marth. I would love to spam fB, chip shield and nB to finally break. Too easy now. Shield stun also makes Ganny a little more broken with his Jab and fTilt since it can get spammy. It also makes Diddy extra annoying.

Hit stun seems alright, but at some points, it's too much. The fact you have to tech much later than in Melee makes combos far too easy. It's impossible to get out of some combos and I fear a spammy fAir'ing MetaKnight. Regardless of teching the hit stun has to be lowered and even more if we never figure out a code to allow teching earlier.

Edit: I used these codes when I played

No tripping
no replay time limit
auto l cancelling
hit stun at 10%
lagless edges
No ASL
Decay modifier at 25%
gravity at 1.1% down
stage reversed
shield stun at 2.75/4
buffer at 1frame
dash dancing (though I don't like to so far)
hitlag division at half everything add 1
crouch cancelling
overlapping stage pieces
pause camera
item mod

shanus

Smash Hero
wow, this value of shieldstun is worlds better than previously before. I'm realllllly liking this codeset kupo.

CR0553D

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I hate to be a noob but I need some help.

Whenever I try to run Brawl with the codes in the original post (Unofficial Brawl+ standard code set) it freezes my wii on a black screen.

I Have been copying and pasting the this whole page: http://www.codecrater.com/misc/kupos_brawl+/Brawl_.txt and saving it as a Text file in notepad, then opening it in codemgr selecting each box, and then exporting it to my SD card, then I put my sd card in my wii and run the home brew channel, go to Gecko OS and launch game, it says Applying codes, flashes green, then freezes on a black screen.

I have been successful with running other codes like Wind Owl's original compilation of Brawl+

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I hate to be a noob but I need some help.

Whenever I try to run Brawl with the codes in the original post (Unofficial Brawl+ standard code set) it freezes my wii on a black screen.

I Have been copying and pasting the this whole page: http://www.codecrater.com/misc/kupos_brawl+/Brawl_.txt and saving it as a Text file in notepad, then opening it in codemgr selecting each box, and then exporting it to my SD card, then I put my sd card in my wii and run the home brew channel, go to Gecko OS and launch game, it says Applying codes, flashes green, then freezes on a black screen.

I have been successful with running other codes like Wind Owl's original compilation of Brawl+

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place.
You can't have more than 256 lines of codes. If that's not the case, save the gct file to the computer and the copy it manually to the SD card. Also, turn off and back on your Wii every time you make code changes.

CR0553D

Smash Rookie
You can't have more than 256 lines of codes. If that's not the case, save the gct file to the computer and the copy it manually to the SD card. Also, turn off and back on your Wii every time you make code changes.
Thank you dude, I had to copy it manually but it worked! :bee:

Revven

FrankerZ
My friends aren't bad, especially NEISO but it takes a lot of getting used to. It was my first time playing Brawl+ as well as theirs. The fact I used the dash dance code ruined a lot of my Fox and Marth. I used to be able to Pivot Smash with Marth.
I didn't say they were bad, I was just saying that they were still thinking it was Brawl and that the same tactics applied (although, I noticed SAIN was getting used to it with his TL). You'll get used to it some moar and then <3 it tons.

ShortFuse said:
Shield stun is too strong. If you do a jab spam with, say Fox, you can't drop your shield. Sounds okay, but I main Marth. I would love to spam fB, chip shield and nB to finally break. Too easy now. Shield stun also makes Ganny a little more broken with his Jab and fTilt since it can get spammy. It also makes Diddy extra annoying.

Hit stun seems alright, but at some points, it's too much. The fact you have to tech much later than in Melee makes combos far too easy. It's impossible to get out of some combos and I fear a spammy fAir'ing MetaKnight. Regardless of teching the hit stun has to be lowered and even more if we never figure out a code to allow teching earlier.
You can change the amount of shieldstun/hitstun if you think both are too much. In fact, we're testing the best value for shieldstun right now, why don't you help? :) You can tone down hitstun if you feel it's too much the way it is right now (frankly, I think it is too... perhaps 8 or 9% would be sufficient?)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I could help you guys out more on a coding perspective. If I can figure out how a gct file works, I can make a specialized Brawl specific GCT maker. I'll host txt files as well since they're small, and allow uploading to my ftp server with write only access. I can make a program that checks my FTP server and gets the latest txt files and we can do away with this rapidshare nonsense.

I know that the codes start at 0x8 and you just stack them, one on the other, but from 0x00 to 0x08, i'm not sure what goes there

On the topic of gameplay, has anybody looked into making spotdodges more punishable, like a longer lag after you do it. It can get really spammy sometimes.

Edit: Nevermind! It's really simple
{HEADER}{CODES}{FOOTER}
Header = 00D0C0DE00D0C0DE
CODES = (what you select)
FOOTER = {F000000000000000}

Cakesauce

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I still like the 1 Line shieldstun code the most, it's codespace friendly, it actually does not change the stuntimer from shielding, instead it only pushes shielders away, I like that.
I tried the latest value posted here with the v2 shieldstun code, and it felt basically the same as my 1 Line value, only that you won't get out of the shield immediatly after blocking, did anybody menton before that this is actually a bad thing for Marth's f.B or Links double f.smash? because if the enemy blocks the first hit, he automatically blocks the following hits.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
has Anyone Posted The Code For The All-character Select Screen? Because That Ss Earlier Is Awesome.
Code:
* 0668310c 00000040
* 387e006c 3b600000
* 3c808068 38840de0
* 7cbb20ae 7ca50775
* 41800020 2c050029
* 40a10008 38a00028
* 94a30004 3b7b0001
* 2c1b0032 4180ffdc
* 48000028 60000000
* 04690338 48000068
* 066900d8 00000008
* 2c170028 41820168
* 02680de0 0022ffff
* 06680de0 00000028
* 00022401 03050618
* 0823090e 071a0410
* 16151d20 0d0f1311
* 0b171f27 1e220c14
* 2521190a 12261c29
* 046900e8 60000000

BEES

Smash Lord
I want to revive the discussion about extending the fastfall window earlier into jumps as an alternative to altering jump heights and fastfall speed. This was brought up before and I think the community reached the wrong conclusion. This could be very beneficial to the game.

It's currently going on in the other thread, but this is place where stuff actually gets done.

shanus

Smash Hero
I could help you guys out more on a coding perspective. If I can figure out how a gct file works, I can make a specialized Brawl specific GCT maker. I'll host txt files as well since they're small, and allow uploading to my ftp server with write only access. I can make a program that checks my FTP server and gets the latest txt files and we can do away with this rapidshare nonsense.

I know that the codes start at 0x8 and you just stack them, one on the other, but from 0x00 to 0x08, i'm not sure what goes there

On the topic of gameplay, has anybody looked into making spotdodges more punishable, like a longer lag after you do it. It can get really spammy sometimes.

Edit: Nevermind! It's really simple
{HEADER}{CODES}{FOOTER}
Header = 00D0C0DE00D0C0DE
CODES = (what you select)
FOOTER = {F000000000000000}

Cakesauce
Try out the new shieldstun value since you thought it was too high. I just tried it out earlier and its very nice.

If someone can try and make a gct converter for mac that doesn't suck, I would love you.

Top Bottom