• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

GPDP

Smash Ace
I think we should wait for the finished code before making any hasty proposals about the amount of hitlag. I personally think it's just fine where it is. It feels soooooooo good.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just tried the hitlag code with half the hit lag and I have to say that I think it might be a little too much lag removed. Maybe 1/4 removed? Just because it doesn't really feel like Brawl.
I actually agree for once. Half hitlag is too too fast. Just try Pits uair without hitting anyone then hit someone. It is actually faster when you hit someone. I asked PW for a modifier instead of a multiplier. Also look at pits Angel ring...waaay too fast
I hacked my sis' wii secretly

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I like it how it feels now, i don't go back to more hitlag. You know what's amazing? Try Peach at 8%/8.5% Hitstun + 1.3 fast fall + hitlag (value 2) with crouch cancel and dash dance, my gosh she feels like in good old melee days.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I like it how it feels now, i don't go back to mor hitlag. You know what's amazing? Try Peach at 8%/8.5% Hitstun + 1.3 fast fall + hitlag (value 2) with crouch cancel and dash dance, my gosh she feels like in good old melee days.
The current hitlag makes moves faster compared to when they dont hit anything which is not good. if anything, we should couple it with the additive hitlag when we get it

Almas

Smash Lord
I think y'all should bear in mind that hitlag affects high level play significantly more than low-level, and that feeling 'natural' isn't the most important thing around.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
The current hitlag makes moves faster compared to when they dont hit anything which is not good. if anything, we should couple it with the additive hitlag when we get it
Are you sure you are on value 2? pits up air is slightly longer on hit i just looked.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
We need a modifier, not a division value for one, and for another, we need an additive value. We may not even need the modifier if the 50% ends up being enough with the additive value, which I actually think it will be. I don't find the electric thing to necessarily be bad, and I think fixing that needs to go on the back burner compared to the importance of the additive value. At 50%, it seems most low damage moves have ridiculously low hitlag values, so being able to add one or two frames of hitlag to every move on top of the 50% reduction should fix this problem quite nicely.

Almas

Smash Lord
We need a modifier, not a division value for one, and for another, we need an additive value. We may not even need the modifier if the 50% ends up being enough with the additive value, which I actually think it will be. I don't find the electric thing to necessarily be bad, and I think fixing that needs to go on the back burner compared to the importance of the additive value. At 50%, it seems most low damage moves have ridiculously low hitlag values, so being able to add one or two frames of hitlag to every move on top of the 50% reduction should fix this problem quite nicely.
I agree. The optimum solution is probably halving hitlag then adding a small amount of frames on.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Isn't there a hitlag subtracter? Why don't we just use that instead of a modifier?
Because the amount that would make attacks with high hitlag be decent would give attacks with small hitlag no hitlag at all, and the amount that would make attacks with small hitlag decent would barely affect attacks with a lot of hitlag.

edit: What zxeon said.

shanus

Smash Hero
Nice.

You can't argue the fact that that match was completely sexy.
Sexy samus, but it was a blowout. if you think thats sexy, i cantwait to upload mine once (even matches with ridank combos) i get my hands on a camera (by the end of next week)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Sexy samus, but it was a blowout. if you think thats sexy, i cantwait to upload mine once (even matches with ridank combos) i get my hands on a camera (by the end of next week)
ya my bro loses confidence pretty quickly :( i don't have many people to play around my area cept for him and he gets all pissy when i get him to stop playing wow so i can play a few

here's part 2.
don't hit high quality as it's still uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNzjF6EafNA&feature=channel_page

Almas

Smash Lord
Can someone quickly provide the subtraction hitlag code? It has been removed from the OP.

EDIT: Aw heck, while you're at it, I'd appreciate the initial division hitlag code, too.

kupo15

Smash Hero
whoops. Sorry about that

Code:
HitLag Modifier(Subtraction):
C2771EC0 00000004
39C000XX 7C047000
4081000C 7C8E2050
48000008 38800001
90830010 00000000
Can you make it an addition instead?

Osi

Smash Ace
Is there a variable for horizontal movement that just stacks over time onto the jump? Like at jump out of dash jump is slowed by x amount until it reaches the normal standing jump speed?

shanus

Smash Hero
ya my bro loses confidence pretty quickly :( i don't have many people to play around my area cept for him and he gets all pissy when i get him to stop playing wow so i can play a few

here's part 2.
don't hit high quality as it's still uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNzjF6EafNA&feature=channel_page
Its always good to see good players. Thanks for posting. I didnt want it to appear as harsh, more videos are always welcome. Tell your brother to keep working on it!

poklin

Smash Apprentice
Yes very nice stuff i would also like to know what gravity/jump codes you are using it looks like you are short hopping shorter? which is my biggest thing about brawl.

Almas

Smash Lord
Untested, no promises, etc. etc. I tweaked the code to make it harder to modify, but be a tiny bit more line conserving.

Code:
Removed (Bad code)
It's currently set to divide by 2/add 2. Any move with less than 4 frames of hitlag gets set to 1 frame of hitlag (the Red 4 is the limit for the hitlag before it gets changed, the Yellow 1 is what this get set to if it IS <4).

The Divide part of the code is the Blue 13. It's in Hex, and it seems to follow the general formula 8x+3, where 8 is the division amount. So if you want to divide by 3, it'd be 24+3=27, which is then converted into Hex to 1B.

The Add part of the code is the Lime 2.

The glitches you seemed to have were probably associated with moves which had 0 hitlag - which would have happened if the divide was larger than the limit (for example, a divide of 4 with a cap of 3). The game waited for the last frame of hitlag to put in directional influence, and it never happened, so it freaked out.

Once again, I modified this code based solely on the content of PW's code. To be honest, it doesn't really make sense to me (it modifies registers, and I don't know what these registers do). Don't blame me if I destroy your Wii.

Almas

Smash Lord
Wait! Nuuuu! I made a mistake!

Code:
Hitlag Divide/Add [Phantom Wings, 6 lines]
C2771EC0 00000005
39C0000[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR] 2C04000[COLOR="Lime"]4[/COLOR]
41800010 7C8473D6
3884000[COLOR="Blue"]2[/COLOR] 48000008
3880000[COLOR="Yellow"]1[/COLOR] 90830010
60000000 00000000

Red is divide
Green is limit (anything less than this value is defaulted)
Blue is add
Yellow is default
I couldn't save the line =*(. There's a way to multiply by 2 for half a line, but dividing by 2 takes an entire line.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Thanks for the compliments all!

Good match
What codes you where using?
Codes:
No Trip
Hitlag 1/2
ShieldStun 3.75/4
Hitstun .10
Auto Cancel
3/4 Decay
No Sweetspotting
Buffer 1 Frame
Fast Edges
Dash Dancing/Run Cancel
Short Hops .875
Gravity Down +20%
Gravity up +5%

GPDP

Smash Ace
OH NOES MY WII IS BORKED WHAT DID YOU DO

Just kidding. There's still too little hitlag, I guess. I'll try the new code now.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
jiang is there anyway you can just post your whole code file? would be awesome!

shanus

Smash Hero
if this works, can someone post an updated gct of the first post with the hitlag modifier. I can't make my own gct's as the mac converter doesnt work right :O

Almas

Smash Lord
This is what the code does. It runs every time something that would induce hitlag is performed:

li r14, 2 // "Saves" the number 2
cmpwi r4, 9 // Checks if the current amount of hitlag an attack will give is less than a value - here it is 9
blt- 0x10 // If it IS less than A frames, it skips ahead some
divw r4,r4,r14 // Divides the amount of hitlag by the "saved" number (in this case, 2)
addi r4,r4,3 // Adds to the amount of hitlag. In this case, 3 frames are added.
b 0x08 // Skips the next line
li r4,5 // This is the line which is skipped to. It sets the hitlag to 5 in this example
stw r4,16(r3) // Saves the hitlag into the game's memory, where it counts down as normal

Almas, can you make it a modifier instead of a multiplier? I want to try 1.5 speed instead of 2
Wait, what?

kupo15

Smash Hero
With PWs code you can only put whole numbers to mod it. I would like to put in a float value instead if possible. I want to do 1.5 increase in hitlag instead of 2

Top Bottom