• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

kupo15

Smash Hero
If previous action = tumble and current action = hit wall (soft), replace with = hit wall (hard)

Is basically how the CAM line reads. So no, it's not auto-teching.
Ah, I didn't know there are two wall collision animations. Soft I assume is untechable and hard is. Clever.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Melee is going great, thanks for asking. Since when have you been a member of SWF? How is B+ coming? I see PSA and some ingenuity have opened the pathway to some new codes to be made.

With ledge teching, you can now decrease the ledge grabbing range
With ISAS adjustments you can tweak the No auto jab code now
Are you going to do these now that there is no excuses not too anymore?
Can PSA enable DIable lasers and Fast fallable lasers/fireballs/thundershocks also?
Shall I remove ledge teching from the OP?

D

Deleted member

I don't know if we can make FF lasers etc. yet, I'm having major trouble with file replacement ever since it was out, meaning I can't test any PSA things yet.

it's likely that those other things will be done, I mean why not.
if the will be used in B+ is another story where you might get soem of the other WBR members on your roof. I personally would like a fix of the ledgegrab range which sometimes is just reterded.

with removing I suppose you mean from the to-do list? that's fine. not even sure if people look at that lists anyway. (since it doesn't really represent what is in the works or planned on being made right now)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Neat. Also, what about the prospect of making character size a little smaller. We can adjust hitboxes so that isn't a reason to not to give people a little more room on stages. You would also have to adjust the camera settings to move in slightly

Revven

FrankerZ
Nobody has seemed to care about stage size as of recently... PSA also can apparently mess with how the camera zooms in and zooms out on a character (though we haven't dabbled much with it). I already tried it once on Ike's Fsmash and made it zoom in to his stomach (completely guessing random numbers btw). So, I don't think we'll be messing with character sizes.

There's a lot going on in the backroom currently, mostly polishing and going over what we've been putting off and such.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to FF Lazorz. It's one of the last building blocks to supreme awesome. Well, that and jumps that don't make me wait until I've hit the apex of my jump and started falling to be able to FF them.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Kupo, you need to fix the layout for the hybrid air dodge code. There are lines that have a blank space in front of them, and there's a blank line in the middle of the code.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Was there interest in modifying the camera for Brawl+?

Each character has a set of attributes that control how far the camera zooms away from them.
Right now, said values are pretty much equal to size, but if you globally increased these attributes, the camera would stay just a bit further from the action.

Just something to consider.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody please describe the individual lines of the momentum code? I want to have people move fast through the air, nothing else besides the modifications to dash speed and downward gravity that I already have on my SD Card.

There's also something to consider in the future: modifying the falling speed of Olimar's Pikmin. It really screws up his recovery on 1.5 times downward gravity.

Revven

FrankerZ
Please fix Olimar.

Look at that C Stick spamming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkCQKb0jYvU

its ridiculous :(
First of all, it's doubles, second of all it's Bowser that he was mostly landing those smash attacks on. Third of all, that strategy wouldn't work against anyone in Singles so... nerfing Olimar BECAUSE of ONE doubles match in which an Olimar spammed smash attacks (although, he didn't completely spam them at all... he waited to do them and did some tilts and aerials) is stupid and more importantly, not a good way to balance a character. In Singles, Olimar can't get away with that. In Doubles, he may be able to, but his horrible recovery and his other weaknesses make up for the fact that he has ridiculous smashes in the first place.

So in other words, get better at the game and lrn2punish Olimar (even though in Doubles, when you're Bowser, and you have an MK on the opposing team Olimar is indeed going to be hard to punish).

I am however not saying we aren't balancing things for Doubles too, I'm just saying that nerfing someone in an aspect that only happened in one match at ONE tourney (this tourney being small btw) is not the right way to go about things at all. It would need to become a widespread problem in all regions and appear in several tournaments before taken seriously enough to do something about.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I won't make a claim until I get video evidence but I will just put this here to have it out there, Ice Climber's down b is now officially ridiculous with hitstun.

Will do more testing and blah blah tomorrow, but as of now, it's dumb.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Was there interest in modifying the camera for Brawl+?

Each character has a set of attributes that control how far the camera zooms away from them.
Right now, said values are pretty much equal to size, but if you globally increased these attributes, the camera would stay just a bit further from the action.

Just something to consider.
there was but I believe the code used at the time (kupos camera I believe) sometimes caused the game to freeze so it was taken out, there is still interest in camera modifications but it just isn't as high on the priority list as gameplay changes.

I personally would like to see camera changes revisited too :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The camera code DIDN'T cause the game to freeze; it just caused a really loud "rocket ship"-like noise to random go off on occasions. Also, I'm pretty sure that the rocket ship noise NEVER goes off if one is using component cables, so it probably does something to the system that the AV cables uses.
But Dantarion didn't mean to use a general code to fix the camera, but to edit the properties of each and every character via PSA to change how the camera reacts to them.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I won't make a claim until I get video evidence but I will just put this here to have it out there, Ice Climber's down b is now officially ridiculous with hitstun.

Will do more testing and blah blah tomorrow, but as of now, it's dumb.
How are you going to prove if something is officially ridiculous?

What's so great about it?

V-K

Smash Ace
@Falco400
Fixing that wouldn´t make him worse, you just have to play a different way.
And seriously I fought some Olimars that spammed annyoing smashes and hit much too often. It´s like being better than you are with a character because he can do ridiculous ranged smashes without big lag.

And his recovery isn´t bad if you play him right.

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to FF Lazorz. It's one of the last building blocks to supreme awesome. Well, that and jumps that don't make me wait until I've hit the apex of my jump and started falling to be able to FF them.
They're actually considering that now?

That would be awesome.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
The camera code DIDN'T cause the game to freeze; it just caused a really loud "rocket ship"-like noise to random go off on occasions. Also, I'm pretty sure that the rocket ship noise NEVER goes off if one is using component cables, so it probably does something to the system that the AV cables uses.
Fals e.

Edit:
They're actually considering that now?

That would be awesome.
No, we aren't, and decided long ago that we weren't going to. It defeats the purpose of having different sized jumps for the characters, and actually gives the advantage to the ones with higher jumps because now they have crazy jump options the others don't have. ZSS was just about built around her high jump, and having the option to ff whenever would be pretty stupidly good.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, my friend, the one that has the component cable set-up, finally witnessed the rocket-ship noise. I guess he was just extremely lucky (or unlucky, since he actually likes the noise) and didn't get for a long time.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I got a few questions about Brawl +

Is there going to be a final build of this game. Or this is going to keep up making changes everytime someone feels bad about something of X character?

What is the current codeset for tournaments?

Is the comunity suporting this?

And what about balanced brawl?

which game is being supported (if any) by the SBR?

Any tournament vids?

Revven

FrankerZ
I got a few questions about Brawl +

Is there going to be a final build of this game. Or this is going to keep up making changes everytime someone feels bad about something of X character?

What is the current codeset for tournaments?

Is the comunity suporting this?

And what about balanced brawl?

which game is being supported (if any) by the SBR?

Any tournament vids?
I guess I'll answer these:

1) There WILL be a final build, the final build being called "Gold". After Gold, there won't be any changes made to the game unless a character is in dire need of assistance or something extremely broken is found. The changes at that point won't happen for several months from each other. So say we release in December (Gold that is) it'd be about 4-6 months until we would release another Gold build with some tweaks based on the tourney results during those 6 months (just an example, not a timeline that we're seriously considering right now, December is also NOT a true date for a Gold release, I'm just giving you an example).

2) Most tournaments seems to use v5.0 even though it is NOT an official build yet. This is because so many changes were made from 4.1 to 5.0 that it's essential to play 5.0 as we already got our data we needed from 4.1.

3) Depends on which community you are talking about. If you mean general Brawl community, no, not everyone is in support of this (though there ARE a general group of people who do support this and still play vBrawl just waiting for Brawl+ to be finished before they dump vBrawl). If you mean the Brawl+ community, of course.

4) Neither have really shown any signs of being approved of by the SBR. But, if the SBR had to choose, they would probably choose BBrawl as it doesn't COMPLETELY change the engine of Brawl like + does. Less things to get used to and some characters were simply left unchanged. Making the transition relatively easy. Plus, Balanced Brawl hinges on the fact that it becomes the new Brawl standard... so it can't really be a "side event" as it would take just as long as a main Brawl tourney event assuming everyone from Brawl joined the BBrawl side event. In any case, BBrawl hasn't taken off QUITE yet in a lot of areas so, it's going to be interesting what will come of it in the future.

5) Yes! Tons of tournament videos. Go to www.brawlplus.net (more specifically here: http://brawlplus.net/380/#more-380) to see tournament vids from Apex, Hackfest, Chu's Biweeklies, Beyond the Limit, and more!

BEES

Smash Lord
Fals e.

Edit:No, we aren't, and decided long ago that we weren't going to. It defeats the purpose of having different sized jumps for the characters, and actually gives the advantage to the ones with higher jumps because now they have crazy jump options the others don't have. ZSS was just about built around her high jump, and having the option to ff whenever would be pretty stupidly good.
None of those are true, if you remember the discussion. The fastfall window would be extended sooner, before you reached the peak of a jump, but not to the beginning of the jump. It would effectively create 4 jump heights:

Full Hop
3/4 Hop
Short Hop
1/2 Short Hop

This would eliminate the need for character-specific shorthop and fullhop modifiers and save a lot of coding space.

That's not really a big deal now, since we have more room, and those codes are well-integrated into everything else. However, the fact remains that second jumps are sluggish, the air game overall is still floaty, and some characters now have ******** separation between the heights of their short and full hops, to the point where there's a big range they can't attack in between.

I even proposed a compromise where only the double jump could be canceled into a fastfall sooner. Quite a few people were receptive to these ideas, but it never materialized.

Kupo's solution was increasing upgravity, which hasn't been fully implemented.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Bees, I suppose I might not remember that particular suggestion, but I do remember a preliminary "FF anytime" code in the backroom, which actually was any time (and was actually much easier to make that the one you suggest, I would imagine), and it was rather imbalanced. So when people say they'd like to have the ability to FF, literally as they say, whenever they want, I'm quick to say, "no you don't."

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Bees, I suppose I might not remember that particular suggestion, but I do remember a preliminary "FF anytime" code in the backroom, which actually was any time (and was actually much easier to make that the one you suggest, I would imagine), and it was rather imbalanced. So when people say they'd like to have the ability to FF, literally as they say, whenever they want, I'm quick to say, "no you don't."
I remember that. Nothing like fastfalling during ness/lucas recovery!

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
FF Anytime [spunit262, Phantom Wings]
C27651BC 00000008
887E007C 2C030000
40A20030 809E0014
54846CFE 2C0417E5
41A00020 80810064
80840070 80840024
8084001C 80A40000
60A50004 90A40000
60000000 00000000