• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Manual L-cancel was taken out when we realized an arbitrary button press is ******** and having naturally faster aerials opens room to work on actually necessary codes.
Yeah, I thought I worded that poorly after having posted it. I'm not suggesting the official B+ build have a manual L cancel code, I'm just complaining that one was never released to the public (PW has one somewhere, but it doesn't seem to work), at least that I've seen.

If you're wondering why, it's because I'm recreating SSB64 using brawl. So far there's everything from no charge smashes/air dodge to stupidly long hitstun. As you can imagine, a manual L cancel code would complete it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I thought I worded that poorly after having posted it. I'm not suggesting the official B+ build have a manual L cancel code, I'm just complaining that one was never released to the public (PW has one somewhere, but it doesn't seem to work), at least that I've seen.

If you're wondering why, it's because I'm recreating SSB64 using brawl. So far there's everything from no charge smashes/air dodge to stupidly long hitstun. As you can imagine, a manual L cancel code would complete it.
lolwut. manual L-cancel code exists since friggin december.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
You could ask PW. I think the original was buggy, and he decided not to finish it because there wasn't a whole lot of public demand.

Edit- Or not. Listen to PK. xD

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The decay in Falco's laser won't even matter, anyway. It's the stronger moves that makes the most difference with or without decay. Personally, I would want the Melee-style of decay, where knockback stays constant while only decaying damage, but no one is working on a code for that. :ohwell:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I would also like melee decay.

@Falco400: SIGGED XD. So simple yet so funny. LOL

aww why didn't my sig show up?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Falco400 just said I suck.

Man that rage...THAT RAGE.

Err...

Alternatively short answer: We can't do Melee-style decay feasibly.
Alternatively long answer: Pester leafgreen386 about it.

Revven

FrankerZ
ur post has to be long enough

and falco's laser's arn't the problem
Yeah it's totally your buddies who spam Wolf's Fsmash all day and you apparently can't just shield and punish him for it or spotdodge and punish him for it. Look, either get better at the game or continue to lose to spamming. It's completely your choice but, we cannot go back to ANY form of a stale even if we wanted to (KBG is connected to damage, therefore if we tried to Melee decay we would just get the same stale system back...) The stale system was a poor way of forcing you to do terrible moves or vary your style. A good player will always use all of the moves that he/she feels are good to use, their style will always vary among the choices they have.

Forcing me, a DK main, to switch up my moves just because I am using one of his best moves continuously (Bair) because it's a great spacing tool when I will switch up my moves when I feel the situation has changed is by far the dumbest system ever. It doesn't encourage you to stop spamming. If anything, it encourages you to keep doing it because the move is actually better when it has staled. Let me give you this GREAT example of a move that is great when it has staled and is a big reason WHY we removed that abomination of a system from Brawl+.

Fox's Utilt. In regular Brawl, you could do Dair > Utilt quite easily and Utilt would usually work until 50% (yeah, you would usually take about that much if you couldn't SDI quick enough, which was hard because a good Fox usually changes directions when they use Utilt). SO in Brawl+, this combo becomes even more potent. As right after the drill, if it's a character that isn't floaty, they would get Utilted still for even more after the 50% (think someone like Mario or DDD or Falco). Heck, floaties could get caught in Utilt even after 50% some times as well because apparently, floaties suffer more hitstun in general.

That's only one Utilt by the way, think of MARIO'S whose right now can chain into itself 3 times... with a stale system, that would go on for even longer... Same with Pikachu's Utilt, Luigi's Utilt, Falco's Utilt, basically ANYONE with a good Utilt would **** you for about 50%+ which is ********. And no matter how low we turned the stale down, it wasn't enough to completely get rid of these Utilts comboing into themselves for so long.

There's also the fact that characters with terrible KO options get helped from this because let's say a Sonic main while the stale moves system is on useshis Fsmash on a lightweight at about 85% and it doesn't kill them. Well, now his Fsmash has staled so if he uses it again it won't kill that lightweight at the % it is supposed to. With stale moves removed, this is fixed and Sonic can kill at the % he should be able to. It's an outright nerf to characters like him, the way I see it anyway, and as it is it's hard enough for Sonic to combo into a KO move let alone Fsmash.

Like I said, if you're losing to spamming, you suck, get over it and get better at the game. Because we're not going to hold your hand and go back to the stale moves system for one person who apparently can't hold his own against ****ty tactics like smash spamming or projectile spam (unless your Falco which his tactic is to projectile spam you).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I realized that the reason my program let me export to gct was because I forgot a code, the the lines were under 256. can someone give me a good program that doesn't limit you, please? :(

I never realized this; it must be becaused I removed the "A" (with a symbol), and that allowed the next code to actually be a code...which in turn broke the limit. So can someone get me a good program please?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I realized that the reason my program let me export to gct was because I forgot a code, the the lines were under 256. can someone give me a good program that doesn't limit you, please? :(

I never realized this; it must be becaused I removed the "A" (with a symbol), and that allowed the next code to actually be a code...which in turn broke the limit. So can someone get me a good program please?
Simple solution would be to download the cheat manager for homebrew and put the limitless code length .txt file onto your SD card. I'm pretty sure the former can be found with a quick search, and the latter on the Brawl+ site.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait, I put it through homebrew...on the wii? I thought you do the codemanager thing on your computer, and it export to /codes/ on your sd card. O_o

Ok, but which cheatmanager should I get? there's more than one, and I can just download it from homebrew.

EDIT: Nvm

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does luigi not get any momentum from a running jump? and his slide from braking seems to be a lot shorter. I have all the codes on, even the momentum capture stuffz. O_o

And Wario too. WTH? And Jigglypuff....

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't play Luigi or Wario, but last time I played Jiggz I thought I saw the momentum change.
She doesn't keep the momentum for me...

This is weird, because other characters (Fox, Pikachu, and Captain falcon are prime examples)

CLEARLY keep their momentum. O_o

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
They intentionally don't have any momentum... because they're not fast like Falcon and Fox are...

Use your head.
I guess you're right. :psycho:

But sheik hardly gets any horizontal momentum, either, and she IS fast. I assume this is just because her horizontal air velocity is suckish in the first place?

And also, mario's about as fast as luigi, and he gets momentum. O_o

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Main thing I like about Sonic+ is his aerial momentum. It didn't make sense for him not to have aerial momentum in Brawl in the first place. But then again Sonic was poorly made in Brawl.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hehe. Although realistically, soncic should have the best horizontal velocity from a running jump, because he runs the fastest. Although C.F is made of secksy sauce, so yeah...

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
hey im pretty lost in this thread and i read the first page bu didnt understand much> my question is, is there like a code set that is the standard code for brawl+ thats been used for like tournaments?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
there's the brawlplussery official codeset, and then there's the latest nightly build (both of them have their own topic.)

The official codeset is usually used tournies.

So, you're in the wrong thread. sorry.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Lol, what is this the right thread for? It hasn't been updated in like 4 months, I wish they'd just unsticky it or something.

D

Deleted member

this thread is useless.

and it won't ever be updated because kupo quit B+

EDIT: realized while I clicked "post" that this thread isn't useless, there is just no reason to post in it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
He told me that he was kicked out of the WBR. I didn't get the chance to ask him for details, though.

It would be nice if the first few posts can get updated without Kupo, though. Is anyone in the WBR also a mod for this forum? If so, I guess one of those people can take over.

Revven

FrankerZ
He told me that he was kicked out of the WBR. I didn't get the chance to ask him for details, though.

It would be nice if the first few posts can get updated without Kupo, though. Is anyone in the WBR also a mod for this forum? If so, I guess one of those people can take over.
Almas is busy a lot of the time but, he's a mod of this forum so he can do it if it needs to be done.

The details of Kupo being kicked out of the WBR I'm pretty sure were posted awhile ago but, here's some reasons off the top of my head:

1) Went off to create his own set and put it out for the public, didn't bother to help the main and important set. Doesn't matter if it was just for testing purposes, it didn't need to be distributed out in the open to be tested.

2) Overall attitude towards the main set was quite obvious (hated the gravity and most of our decisions and refusal to take some stuff from his set simply because we had already tried those things before and they didn't quite work that well).

3) Didn't contribute anything to what was treated as the official set. He didn't post at all in the WBR, and when he did, it was just to try and get something in he felt was needed or to get a post in when someone mentioned something from his set. An example of something he tried to get into the set would be Ganondorf's Dsmash buff where the hitboxes worked differently (I believe it was closer to Melee's so his wasn't nearly the same as Falcon's? I forget what it was). But, it was a rather pointless buff, despite how good it felt. Just an example though.

4) Not really an issue but, more of a problem I had. He wanted codes that we didn't necessarily need. I can't really give any examples off the top of my head except for crouch canceling moves, meaning you take no knockback if you crouch ala Melee.

The main bulk of it was #1 and #2. Sure, there can be some differing opinions but the problem was running off and making his own set. He did try and stop it, which he did, but by that time it was too late and he was finally out. :ohwell:

kupo15

Smash Hero
As if I don't read what goes on in here but whatever

this thread is useless.

and it won't ever be updated because kupo quit B+
I did quit but I did update a little for some reason
EDIT: realized while I clicked "post" that this thread isn't useless, there is just no reason to post in it.
Bingo because WBR wants to be a monopoly and close source the codes and text files which is why I never really added codes in the first place. (Official Plussery Tourney text files....where you at!?)

Almas is busy a lot of the time but, he's a mod of this forum so he can do it if it needs to be done.

The details of Kupo being kicked out of the WBR I'm pretty sure were posted awhile ago but, here's some reasons off the top of my head:

1) Went off to create his own set and put it out for the public, didn't bother to help the main and important set. Doesn't matter if it was just for testing purposes, it didn't need to be distributed out in the open to be tested.
Correction, I was told that I could which was the main point of the nightly thread. In fact, Alopex was also supposed to post his set but the main point is that I got kicked for doing what I was told was "ok" to do and in fact, I remember PK saying on several occasions that I was granted permission to make a public set when someone inquired about this matter. Its goal was to bring new ideas out and the public even said that they would like to have several nightly's just like it was pre plussery.
2) Overall attitude towards the main set was quite obvious (hated the gravity and most of our decisions and refusal to take some stuff from his set simply because we had already tried those things before and they didn't quite work that well).
Oh you mean I hated the slower pace of things...yea I did. And I wouldn't say that I hate most decisions seeing how I kept most of your decisions in my set. The main difference really was the pace and speed of the game via various things like gravity, some additional hitbox and frame speed changes that the plussery looked the other way on and some game mechanics that the plussery decided not to include for stupid reasons not to mention that they wanted to streamline everything to make it an easier game. I am not entirely sure what things you tried before that simply didn't work because I didn't encounter anything broken in my set.
3) Didn't contribute anything to what was treated as the official set. He didn't post at all in the WBR, and when he did, it was just to try and get something in he felt was needed or to get a post in when someone mentioned something from his set. An example of something he tried to get into the set would be Ganondorf's Dsmash buff where the hitboxes worked differently (I believe it was closer to Melee's so his wasn't nearly the same as Falcon's? I forget what it was)..
Didn't contribute is total bull****. I may not have been as active as I once was, but I nonetheless contributed in the WBR threads. You tried out the Pit dtilt buff of mine and improved on it now that we have the ability too. The ganon buff I explained clearly my reasons why that I can't believe you are thick headed enough not to understand or forget seeing how I stated it multiple times.

It was compensation for the loss of the choke combo by giving ganon another combo set up since he lost a big part of his combo game.
But, it was a rather pointless buff, despite how good it felt. Just an example though
I can (or could) think tons of pointless buffs that you WBR have put into the game for worse justifications.
4) Not really an issue but, more of a problem I had. He wanted codes that we didn't necessarily need. I can't really give any examples off the top of my head except for crouch canceling moves, meaning you take no knockback if you crouch ala Melee.
Correction, I wanted some form of crouch canceling and I stated my reasons why which I felt were legit. Sorry if I don't want the ledges to grab me anymore with my shorter ledge grab range request and that I want jumps to be as good as melee's (even if you increase the jump force, it still lacks in comparison). "Sorry" if I dove too deeply in finding the problems of brawl that need fixing from a "competitive" view point instead of building a game so that people can feel better about themselves by playing well at a streamlined, easy game that anyone can pick up and be relatively good at without much practice or dedication. And sorry if I wanted some Brawl specific things removed or improved upon that you, the WBR, didn't want to do for the sake of keeping things Brawl instead of melee competitive. (Fvck swimming, at least BB dig something about it to make it better and footstool is an uncompetitive, terrible son of a ***** game mechanic (in both design for this game and implementation) that everyone and their mom is defending it to keep it in for sake of nothing)

There are so many codes that have been put on the back burner in order to focus on character stuff. I realize that character changes are important, but you should be focusing more about the mechanics. Game mechanics are much more important and should be more of a focus because then you might not need some of these odd character changes you have. Where are the smaller ledge grab range, the better meteor canceling, the sliding techs, I don't know...HALF of the things listed in the OP which includes several of game glitches? I would have expected some of these codes to have been created instead of focusing all your energy on nothing but character moves for the past 4 months. C'mon. STEP IT UP!!
The main bulk of it was #1 and #2. Sure, there can be some differing opinions but the problem was running off and making his own set. He did try and stop it, which he did, but by that time it was too late and he was finally out. :ohwell:
Already addressed why I made my own set that I was given permission to do. I stopped my set when I realized that brawl can't be fixed no matter how many codes we have and that it was a waste of my time when I could be playing an undisputed better game. If I really wanted too, I'd make a Melee 2.0 set with all of the great codes that have came out since then but in the end, the instant fun would wear off quickly and the game would get dull just like brawl+ due to it being easy and being very tolerant to sloppy play. There are some things codes can't fix and that is the physics engine itself (or if its possible, no one would ever hack it to make it tight like melee's)

I am really disappointed in how things turned out. The way things worked preplussery was amazing. Very few people whose mind set was all about competitive play and borrowing things from both melee and 64 to make a better game, but not anymore. The new focus is all about streamlining the game into making it easy and fun for the whole family. Ignore a key aspect about competitive smash and fighting games (that would be the technical aspect) and instead make the game focus mostly on DEPTH (which is great and all but as I said before, I think you are losing out on expanding the game by shoving the so called "arbitrary tech skills" technique aside) by turning a fighting game into a chess match. We no longer want to borrow things from melee because "god its melee...oh NO" despite it being better competitively and now, the ultimate argument and reasons too add lost things (by saying the mechanic was in both 64 and melee) holds no weight anymore. Brawl+ feels much more like an ultimate fanboy game instead of what could have been a really great competitive brawl game and it proves itself to be so everyday that I lurk threw these threads.

Yea...I'm glad I quit

TL;DR

I got kicked out for wanting to make the game better

PS: Fix Pit's infinite WoI and speed up the arrow cocking animation so it doesn't take so God **** long to fire an arrow. >_<

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
As if I don't read what goes on in here but whatever

I did quit but I did update a little for some reason

Bingo because WBR wants to be a monopoly and close source the codes and text files which is why I never really added codes in the first place. (Nightly's text file...where you at?)

Correction, I was told that I could which was the main point of the nightly thread. In fact, Alopex was also supposed to post his set but the main point is that I got kicked for doing what I was told was "ok" to do and in fact, I remember PK saying on several occasions that I was granted permission to make a public set when someone inquired about this matter. Its goal was to bring new ideas out and the public even said that they would like to have several nightly's just like it was pre plussery.

Oh you mean I hated the slower pace of things...yea I did. And I wouldn't say that I hate most decisions seeing how I kept most of your decisions in my set. The main difference really was the pace and speed of the game via various things like gravity, some additional hitbox and frame speed changes that the plussery looked the other way on and some game mechanics that the plussery decided not to include for stupid reasons not to mention that they wanted to streamline everything to make it an easier game. I am not entirely sure what things you tried before that simply didn't work because I didn't encounter anything broken in my set.
Didn't contribute is total bull****. I may not have been as active as I once was, but I nonetheless contributed in the WBR threads. You tried out the Pit dtilt buff of mine and improved on it now that we have the ability too. The ganon buff I explained clearly my reasons why that I can't believe you are thick headed enough not to understand or forget seeing how I stated it multiple times.

It was compensation for the loss of the choke combo by giving ganon another combo set up since he lost a big part of his combo game.

I can (or could) think tons of pointless buffs that you WBR have put into the game for worse justifications.
Correction, I wanted some form of crouch canceling and I stated my reasons why which I felt were legit. Sorry if I don't want the ledges to grab me anymore with my shorter ledge grab range request and that I want jumps to be as good as melee's (even if you increase the jump force, it still lacks in comparison). "Sorry" if I dove too deeply in finding the problems of brawl that need fixing from a "competitive" view point instead of building a game so that people can feel better about themselves by playing well at a streamlined, easy game that anyone can pick up and be relatively good at without much practice or dedication. And sorry if I wanted some Brawl specific things removed or improved upon that you, the WBR, didn't want to do for the sake of keeping things Brawl instead of melee competitive. (Fvck swimming, at least BB dig something about it to make it better and footstool is an uncompetitive, terrible son of a ***** game mechanic (in both design for this game and implementation) that everyone and their mom is defending it to keep it in for sake of nothing)

There are so many codes that have been put on the back burner in order to focus on character stuff. I realize that character changes are important, but you should be focusing more about the mechanics. Game mechanics are much more important and should be more of a focus because then you might not need some of these odd character changes you have. Where are the smaller ledge grab range, the better meteor canceling, the sliding techs, I don't know...HALF of the things listed in the OP which includes several of game glitches? I would have expected some of these codes to have been created instead of focusing all your energy on nothing but character moves for the past 4 months. C'mon. STEP IT UP!!
Already addressed why I made my own set that I was given permission to do. I stopped my set when I realized that brawl can't be fixed no matter how many codes we have and that it was a waste of my time when I could be playing an undisputed better game. If I really wanted too, I'd make a Melee 2.0 set with all of the great codes that have came out since then but in the end, the instant fun would wear off quickly and the game would get dull just like brawl+ due to it being easy and being very tolerant to sloppy play. There are some things codes can't fix and that is the physics engine itself (or if its possible, no one would ever hack it to make it tight like melee's)

I am really disappointed in how things turned out. The way things worked preplussery was amazing. Very few people whose mind set was all about competitive play and borrowing things from both melee and 64 to make a better game, but not anymore. The new focus is all about streamlining the game into making it easy and fun for the whole family. Ignore a key aspect about competitive smash and fighting games (that would be the technical aspect) and instead make the game focus mostly on DEPTH (which is great and all but as I said before, I think you are losing out on expanding the game by shoving the so called "arbitrary tech skills" technique aside) by turning a fighting game into a chess match. We no longer want to borrow things from melee because "god its melee...oh NO" despite it being better competitively and now, the ultimate argument and reasons too add lost things (by saying the mechanic was in both 64 and melee) holds no weight anymore. Brawl+ feels much more like an ultimate fanboy game instead of what could have been a really great competitive brawl game and it proves itself to be so everyday that I lurk threw these threads.

Yea...I'm glad I quit

TL;DR

I got kicked out for wanting to make the game better

PS: Fix Pit's infinite WoI and speed up the arrow cocking animation so it doesn't take so God **** long to fire an arrow. >_<
I didn't read your whole post because I'm way too tired, but I can say I prefer your code set well over Brawl+.

Top Bottom