• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> wtf is **** ****
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> this *****
<SHeLL|Biochem> ??
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Why is it impossible to wall jump after reaching a certain height near the bottom of the screen?
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> I just noticed that
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> After you fall past a point
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you cant wall jump
<SHeLL|Biochem> Didn't notice that
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Seirously
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> try it out on YI and WW
<SHeLL|Biochem> Wall jumping is so hax
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> At the near top of the physical stage
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you can wall jump
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> but when you go further down near the bounderies [at the bottom]
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> and in the bubble
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you cant Wall jump
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> HOLY **** WHAT
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> SEIROUSLY
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> THATS GAY
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> SO ITS NOT ME JUST FAILING AT IT
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> wtfffffffffffffff
<SHeLL|Biochem> I'll check it out
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Im testing it out now
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> on WW
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> I jsut Did YI
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> and this is stupid
Reposted so that Kupo would see. Someone pm this to him.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Reposted so that Kupo would see. Someone pm this to him.
Im well aware thanks

updated set. Cant wait until the nightly builds thread is up so I don't have to use this thread for my code set info. I don't know all the characters and tried to keep the jump heights the same. Let me know if they are a little higher or lower than they should be

I forgot to change the CSS

Starscream

Smash Ace
Does your codeset work with double GCT? Don't really wanna do the snapshot thing, plus I like being able to modify things sometimes and make my own GCTs instead of using premade ones.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Does your codeset work with double GCT? Don't really wanna do the snapshot thing, plus I like being able to modify things sometimes and make my own GCTs instead of using premade ones.
Yes, some of the codes I use require snapshots. (Icarus, ganon/falcon resets) so if you don't mind losing them, dl the text and make it double gct.

Alopex

Smash Ace
kupo, your OP seems to have only the stage size mod code for Corneria. Would you be able to link me to the complete stage size mod code? I know it's out there.

kupo15

Smash Hero
kupo, your OP seems to have only the stage size mod code for Corneria. Would you be able to link me to the complete stage size mod code? I know it's out there.
you mean yoshi's island? Sorry, I think I forgot to add that
This. Those codes that require the snapshot, such as the Up-B fix, also work with the new method. I've been testing it, and I've had no problems thus far.
What? They work with double gct? I was under the impression that the pit code and ganon/falcon codes don't work with double gct. I'll add a link to the gct of the .bin

kupo15

Smash Hero
Here you go alopex.

NTSC-USA
Yoshi Island Size etc. Modifier [Y.S.]
4A000000 90180F38
38000002 FF00000D
48000000 80B84EB0
DE000000 80008180
58010000 0000000C
58010000 00000390
300000E4 0000000D
92210000 000000DC
48001000 0000000C
1600000C 00000030
XXXXXXXX XYXYXYXY
XZXZXZXZ OXOXOXOX
XYXYXYXY YYYYYYYY
ZYZYZYZY OYOYOYOY
ZXZXZXZX ZYZYZYZY
ZZZZZZZZ OZOZOZOZ
48001000 00000018
1800000C 40000000
20020014 00000000
1600000C 00000030
XXXXXXXX XYXYXYXY
XZXZXZXZ OXOXOXOX
XYXYXYXY YYYYYYYY
ZYZYZYZY OYOYOYOY
ZXZXZXZX ZYZYZYZY
ZZZZZZZZ OZOZOZOZ
E0000000 80008000

Following values are floating point numbers.

XXXXXXXX Size X (Default : 3F800000)
XYXYXYXY Rotation in X-Y plane (Default : 00000000)
XYXYXYXY Rotation in X-Z plane (Default : 00000000)
OXOXOXOX Offset X (Default : 00000000)
XYXYXYXY Rotation in X-Y plane (Default : 00000000)

YYYYYYYY Size Y (Default : 3F800000)
ZYZYZYZY Rotation in Z-Y plane (Default : 00000000)
OYOYOYOY Offset Y (Default : 00000000)
ZXZXZXZX Rotation in Z-X plane (Default : 00000000)
ZYZYZYZY Rotation in Z-Y plane (Default : 00000000)

ZZZZZZZZ Size Z (Default : 3F800000)
OZOZOZOZ Offset Z (Default : 00000000)

I updated my set with the new method

Alopex

Smash Ace
Thanks kupo.

I was under the impression, though, that there was a code that let you modify all stages?
Like, what would I do if I wanted to modify any other stage?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks kupo.

I was under the impression, though, that there was a code that let you modify all stages?
Like, what would I do if I wanted to modify any other stage?
you cant. You can only mod certain stages and these are the only two stages YS released. I'm waiting for luigis and picto and ps2

Almas

Smash Lord
spunit has released codes which allow you to modify stage boundaries and spawn locations. You can find both of them on his youtube page, I believe.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
spunit has released codes which allow you to modify stage boundaries and spawn locations. You can find both of them on his youtube page, I believe.
Does this mean we could fix spawn points for Deadlands Luigi to make it usable for doubles?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Im well aware thanks

updated set. Cant wait until the nightly builds thread is up so I don't have to use this thread for my code set info. I don't know all the characters and tried to keep the jump heights the same. Let me know if they are a little higher or lower than they should be

I forgot to change the CSS
Ya, a problem wit the CSS from Maestro, there is no Sheik! I wuz lik, wut? We need Shiek!!!!

Use the Plussery's CSS. Better.

Edit: nvm, ur new one has it

Almas

Smash Lord
Yes, Viet, it does. It would be very helpful if someone were to utilise the codes, but there seems to be somewhat of a lack of volunteers.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Yes, Viet, it does. It would be very helpful if someone were to utilise the codes, but there seems to be somewhat of a lack of volunteers.
I will volunteer to test it!

Can we just get a version of the snapshot method? It is much simpler!

Edit: I can't get this 2 wrk. So I load Gecko, put the .txt file where u guys told me, the .gct, launch the game, and it says that I have 2 many codes o. Help?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I will volunteer to test it!

Can we just get a version of the snapshot method? It is much simpler!

Edit: I can't get this 2 wrk. So I load Gecko, put the .txt file where u guys told me, the .gct, launch the game, and it says that I have 2 many codes o. Help?
you need to go into the folder, go into HBC and use that gecko folder

Updated set. My favorite addition has to be the removal of crash animations from diddy and motherboy's. Diddy still retains his barrel AT

Still waiting for the new nightly builds thread to come. Hopefully I won't be using this thread too much longer

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
you need to go into the folder, go into HBC and use that gecko folder

Updated set. My favorite addition has to be the removal of crash animations from diddy and motherboy's. Diddy still retains his barrel AT

Still waiting for the new nightly builds thread to come. Hopefully I won't be using this thread too much longer
OK, thanks. I was just adding sum sweet stage textures 2 mah SD card. I will try it out in a few days, cuz i am gone this weekend.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
High BKB (Initial Knockback), Low KBG (Knockback Growth ie KB scaling at higher percents)

Same Damage, but hits too far for combo, but doesnt kill stupid easy at high percents due to low growth.

Everyone wins.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
I just tried your set, kupo. There seems to be something wrong with Sonic's side B, the animation barely starts but he just stops on his own right after that, whether it's on the ground or in the air.
Other than that, enjoying the overall faster pace and the camera, as well as Ganon's momentum.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just tried your set, kupo. There seems to be something wrong with Sonic's side B, the animation barely starts but he just stops on his own right after start, whether it's on the ground or in the air.
Other than that, enjoying the overall faster pace and the camera, as well as Ganon's momentum.
Hmm interesting. I'll check it out. Glad you like the faster pace!

I just updated my set also

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5940247&postcount=121

A nightly builds thread was made last night in the broom so hopefully they move it out here soon.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
No it's not on purpose. The grab recovery gimp glitch works for anyone with an up-b that puts you in an attackable tumble state. As for the "Cypher Grab": you're just not aware of what actually happens (many aren't, actually). What actually happens, is that you grab Snake, then the Cypher detaches from Snake and immediately hits you, making you immediately let go of Snake (and since you never even got the chance to grab attack him, it acts in the same way as just grabbing and waiting). The reason it's called "grabbing the Cypher" is because you would just grab a little sooner than normal, so that the Cypher is still able to hit you instead of it being above you when you grab, thus missing you. So you still grab Snake, but it seems like you're aiming for and grabbing the Cypher. But "grabbing the Cypher" is an imaginative way to put it (but in doing this, it has caused many confusions about it as well :ohwell:).

I haven't downloaded kupo's newest release, yet, but does anyone have an image of what the new CSS looks like?
well he and everyone else dont deserve their jumps back if they get grabbed from the air :/ why not just fix the problem for the specific characters and leave the rest alone

JM94

Smash Cadet
Hmm interesting. I'll check it out. Glad you like the faster pace!

I just updated my set also

A nightly builds thread was made last night in the broom so hopefully they move it out here soon.
Ah... no "no textures" version? :ohwell:

Edit: oh wait, with the new Gecko OS it's much easier to remove now.
Although I don't see why it's included in the first place, I thought the point of brawl+ was to make it play better, texture hacks don't effect how a game plays... :S

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> wtf is **** ****
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> this *****
<SHeLL|Biochem> ??
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Why is it impossible to wall jump after reaching a certain height near the bottom of the screen?
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> I just noticed that
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> After you fall past a point
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you cant wall jump
<SHeLL|Biochem> Didn't notice that
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Seirously
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> try it out on YI and WW
<SHeLL|Biochem> Wall jumping is so hax
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> At the near top of the physical stage
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you can wall jump
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> but when you go further down near the bounderies [at the bottom]
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> and in the bubble
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> you cant Wall jump
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> HOLY **** WHAT
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> SEIROUSLY
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> THATS GAY
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> SO ITS NOT ME JUST FAILING AT IT
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> wtfffffffffffffff
<SHeLL|Biochem> I'll check it out
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> Im testing it out now
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> on WW
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> I jsut Did YI
<[BD]GHNeko|Work> and this is stupid
You do realize this happens in regular Brawl, right?

It is stupid though. I've died numerous times by forgetting that the bottom of Yoshi's Island is inexplicably impossible to walljump off.

Also, hay guyz wuts goin on in this thread?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ah... no "no textures" version? :ohwell:

Edit: oh wait, with the new Gecko OS it's much easier to remove now.
Although I don't see why it's included in the first place, I thought the point of brawl+ was to make it play better, texture hacks don't effect how a game plays... :S
I just updated now and you should also unless you want your mk up b not to work ;)
Also, hay guyz wuts goin on in this thread?
Waiting on the nightly builds thread to be moved from plussery so we don't talk about my code set here anymore. Talking about my set in the plussery's thread doesn't sound very good does it :urg:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Waiting on the nightly builds thread to be moved from plussery so we don't talk about my code set here anymore. Talking about my set in the plussery's thread doesn't sound very good does it :urg:
I dunno. It's just that I don't have a way to get Brawl+ at the moment, but I'm interested in the development.

It's just CONFUSING AS HELL to understand what's going on in this thread unless I want to read all 10,000+ posts.

Is there anyway you can summarize what the current issues with the game are, and debates about potential changes that might be made? Or can you link to something that recently stated these?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
done. :)
You've updated like 20 times sense plussery's 4.0 update. o_O
so have the plussery's nightly builds

And cookie what was that about a problem with my css?
i remember one failure of a css where i couldnt select sheik, but i thought i didn't release it...what's the file name?

and my latest is Vertical Groupings v2.3, thats the one you should be using if you want to use one of mine
If you are using it, how does it look?

KAN

Smash Cadet
Yea glitches are fun which is why I just updated again. Don't want kirby's up b to not work :urg:

Yoshi's downB also doesn't work with your newest codeset.
Also ROB freezes sometimes when doing his downB (but that could be the texture).
And the code that gives Ganondorf and C.F. their jump back after doing downB doesn't work eiter.
We also discovered that Marth's counter doesn't work properly.

Top Bottom