• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Kupo, where exactly can I access your set? I'd like to give it a bit of a test run.

Edit: never mind I got it

BEES

Smash Lord
I've noticed something a bit odd about Brawl+ at this point:

double jumps are still slow as molasses

is anything going to be done about this? Battles high above the stage still have that vBrawl floatiness that makes me fall asleep

GPDP

Smash Ace
I've noticed something a bit odd about Brawl+ at this point:

double jumps are still slow as molasses

is anything going to be done about this? Battles high above the stage still have that vBrawl floatiness that makes me fall asleep
Double jump height and speed is linked to full hop height and speed, so the higher the later, the higher the former will be.

Go ahead and give kupo's set a try. It attempts to fix this somewhat.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Double jump height and speed is linked to full hop height and speed, so the higher the later, the higher the former will be.

Go ahead and give kupo's set a try. It attempts to fix this somewhat.
My set currently has a higher dgrav so air fights are not as prevent seeing how hitstun is in dgrav also. I still need to alter some characters ugrav to match the dgrav. That is my next step. Please try it and let me know what can be improved :D

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Why only sheik/zelda? Samus as is has a much harder transform to perform and it doesn't even work thanks to the codes. Not to mention it is one way to begin with unlike zelda/sheik.

Btw kupo how about adding in a fix for Samus transformation already to that list of things to be fixed?
Wait, why would you need to permanently switch to ZSS in a serious match again?

Oh wait, you don't. In fact no serious Samus player does unless they wanna really embarrass the guy and they have stocks to play with. In other words, it's absolutely not practical.

On the other hand..Sheik/Zelda were meant to be played either separately or together. Samus/ZSS obviously not as it is a one way transformation and the only reason for that even was for the Final Smash. Without that I'm almost certain Nintendo would just have them be separate characters. I'm in no position to 2nd guess them but seriously...

*places in garbage bin labeled "unnecessary changes"* :ohwell:

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Wait, why would you need to permanently switch to ZSS in a serious match again?

Oh wait, you don't. In fact no serious Samus player does unless they wanna really embarrass the guy and they have stocks to play with. In other words, it's absolutely not practical.

On the other hand..Sheik/Zelda were meant to be played either separately or together. Samus/ZSS obviously not as it is a one way transformation and the only reason for that even was for the Final Smash. Without that I'm almost certain Nintendo would just have them be separate characters. I'm in no position to 2nd guess them but seriously...

*places in garbage bin labeled "unnecessary changes"* :ohwell:
Ummm wtf dude. First off get off your high horse and realize not everyone plays your style. I for one main 3 characters (Sonic, ZSS, Samus) and would take advantage of the ability to switch up my style. Yes it is one way but the abilty to change mid match allows the user force the opponent to completely change their game as you go from a long/mid range beast to close range/spacing *****. If code was allowed that made this transformation process easier even one way I bet you would seem this tactic become a lot more prevalent. If crap like ness' bat sound or the much debated NAT tweak can actually get on the list then at the very being able to the transformation should be looked at.

One of the things after all behind smash is mind games and is something I hope you haven't forgotten.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with letting samus and ZSS switch mid match? Whats wrong with any transforming character being able to quickly switch instead of looking at their watch? What is wrong with making a code to fix problems that were overlooked or not considered because they didn't have the competitive mindset when developing this game?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Whats wrong with letting samus and ZSS switch mid match? Whats wrong with any transforming character being able to quickly switch instead of looking at their watch? What is wrong with making a code to fix problems that were overlooked or not considered because they didn't have the competitive mindset when developing this game?
Exactly.

As has been said before by someone here, if we played as it was meant to be played we'd still be tripping.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
The speed of switching is mainly due to how brawl handles it's memory, and brawl is memory inefficient. More than likely if it was programmed a bit more competently, switching wouldn't take forever and a half to do.

V-K

Smash Ace
But how could you switch from Samus to Zamus right in the battle?
Some button combination?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
If crap like ness' bat sound or the much debated NAT tweak can actually get on the list then at the very being able to the transformation should be looked at.

One of the things after all behind fighting games is mind games and is something I hope you haven't forgotten.
Do note this list is maintained by kupo who by no means represents the entirety of the Brawl+ community, backroomers included.

Also the transformation speed up is faster, but not Melee fast, I'd say it's still variable and load times are quicker but not really "instant." How Y.S got it to work like that I don't know.

But it seems to be okay. It puts it to a more bearable level, and I know the people who have transforming characters will be all over this and wanting it implemented.

Testing it with Sheik/Zelda, I know Sheik can use this to actually recover now, but that seems to be a minor complication, which probably won't affect people too much, although unlike Melee, transforming gives you new options, not just one good option and a terrible character.

As for Samus -> ZSS, who knows (I certainly never learned how to do the manual transform...I did it too quick I think T_T). It would make for something interesting, perhaps an on-the-fly CP like PT. Your Samus getting ***** by Marth? Get him to the edge, transform, and **** the hell out of him through esgeguarding.

Although this brings up the concern regarding her armor pieces, which by far is 2nd, bested by the banana peel in terms of a character item imo. I really don't like the thought of even more mindless edgeguarding, but that's not an issue now...yet.

I say let's go for it.

Also it's up, down, up.

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
Hello. My texture hacks aren't working with Brawl+. I have the latest codeset and I have the necessary gct file in my 'codes' folder and a gct file in the 'pf' folder (for offline). Can someone help?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
excuse me? I include other people's suggestions thank you very much
It wasn't meant to offend you, except that cobaltblue's post was taking the suggestions list like it was a list of things that WILL be added, even though like you said, it's just a suggestion of possible codes to add-on. I feel that what I said is still true, especially on the subject of NAT and stuff but I won't discuss that farther.

Sorry. =<

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
It might just be me, but does anyone else think ZSS should be a little more nerfed? Her AS and priority are just making this game a chore. Any situation can be jabbed out of (and god help you if you decide to shield her jabs, stun stun stun until broken). And she has some kind of combo that works at **** near any percent (That i can't seem to DI out of) that starts with Dtilt, and ends with an aerial upB. It probably has something to do with Uair.

This is just one complaint, it's by no means a right to put down the character. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Armor pieces are stupid good. Though it's much easier to use them against Zamus than trying to out-banana Diddy (which is pretty much a lost cause for most characters).

On another note, are Sonic's new dsmash and usmash supposed to be THAT fast? o_o
They're like old MK fast.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Armor pieces are stupid good. Though it's much easier to use them against Zamus than trying to out-banana Diddy (which is pretty much a lost cause for most characters).

On another note, are Sonic's new dsmash and usmash supposed to be THAT fast? o_o
Armour pieces can give you a free kill sometimes.

And you're right, it's Sonic, he's supposed to be slow! :p

Revven

FrankerZ
Tatsuman, Usmash was an accident, we only wanted wind-down frames to be sped up. Alopex posted the fix in the BR and I'm assuming shanus will add it shortly.

Secondly, Dsmash was terrible before. There were virtually NO situations you had to use it in except for the occasional "GTFO" from a sidestep and even that didn't work that good. I think the change is fine, considering its KB isn't NEARLY as good as MK's was on his Dsmash. Also, Dsmash should only have a faster startup, wind-down should be the same (which was pretty decent before).

storm92

Smash Ace
The Sonic Usmash and Dsmash speed codes are a little buggy, but we got Almas to fix it so they will affect cooldown lag (Usmash) and start-up (Dsmash) only soon.

Edit: ninja'd

Tatsuman, Usmash was an accident, we only wanted wind-down frames to be sped up. Alopex posted the fix in the BR and I'm assuming shanus will add it shortly.

Secondly, Dsmash was terrible before. There were virtually NO situations you had to use it in except for the occasional "GTFO" from a sidestep and even that didn't work that good. I think the change is fine, considering its KB isn't NEARLY as good as MK's was on his Dsmash. Also, Dsmash should only have a faster startup, wind-down should be the same (which was pretty decent before).
Oh, I didn't have a problem with either change. I was just wondering if they were supposed to stay that way and I should start looking for new applications for 2 near-instant smashes or if it was a bug. Thanks for clarifying.

And I know how hard Sonic's dsmash was to use. I sub him (used to main him). It wasn't broken, it was just wicked fast. So fast that the animation skipped around. Seemed odd. :laugh:

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Do note this list is maintained by kupo who by no means represents the entirety of the Brawl+ community, backroomers included.
Umm what? I understand that much about this whole list as I've been following it since the days of arguing over MAD vs. BAD. However I was simply making my point to Silven that the programmers have worked on less important codes. Also glad to see someone else understands the potential of an easier transform even if its still slow.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Meh, guess you have a point. The way I saw it, Samus and ZSS were two seperate characters only connected through the final smash and they (the developers) figured "hey what the heck, we might as well put in a transformation command just incase people wanna stay as Samus when she uses her Final Smash". But In the end it doesn't matter in terms of balance I guess so I don't care about it much really.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Any word on a fix for the "rocket" sounds caused by one of the camera codes? Or maybe having the code not affect Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom, Flat Zone 2, Rumble Falls and SSE since it pretty much breaks all of these. I love the more dynamic camera but want a fully functioning game in all aspects.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Do you think you could make a comparison vid of the Melee camera and the newest camera codes, kupo?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Or maybe having the code not affect Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom, Flat Zone 2, Rumble Falls and SSE since it pretty much breaks all of these. I love the more dynamic camera but want a fully functioning game in all aspects.
um
don't go to banned and clearly stupid stages?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Any word on a fix for the "rocket" sounds caused by one of the camera codes? Or maybe having the code not affect Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom, Flat Zone 2, Rumble Falls and SSE since it pretty much breaks all of these. I love the more dynamic camera but want a fully functioning game in all aspects.
No word yet. I might send pw another pm today about it. I just live with the rocket sounds because I can't part with the camera

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ahh, I'm going to be trying your codeset tonight Kupo. I'm excited =P

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Kupo, after trying your codeset, I must say, overall it feels terrible.

It seems like everyone has on lead boots or something. Floaty characters like G&W and Kirby feel like they have on heavy shoes or something. They don't feel right. DDD falls WAY too fast, in fact I think he falls almost as fast as some fast fallers.

However, there are some good things. Fastfallers felt great.

I understand that you wish to increase the speed and therefore increase gravity, but I don't think a drastic change was neccessary.

Also, when my friend played this, it only wanted to make him play melee. I'm very certain that that is not a good thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Kupo, after trying your codeset, I must say, overall it feels terrible.

It seems like everyone has on lead boots or something. Floaty characters like G&W and Kirby feel like they have on heavy shoes or something. They don't feel right. DDD falls WAY too fast, in fact I think he falls almost as fast as some fast fallers.

However, there are some good things. Fastfallers felt great.

I understand that you wish to increase the speed and therefore increase gravity, but I don't think a drastic change was neccessary.

Also, when my friend played this, it only wanted to make him play melee. I'm very certain that that is not a good thing.
So, in other words, it's like Beta 1? Or more close to Beta 2 of the Plusery set?

If it's beta 1, Oh God that's terrible. If it's Beta 2 like, I guess that's okay. If it's worse feeling than both of those... oh Lord. @_@

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So, in other words, it's like Beta 1? Or more close to Beta 2 of the Plusery set?

If it's beta 1, Oh God that's terrible. If it's Beta 2 like, I guess that's okay. If it's worse feeling than both of those... oh Lord. @_@
I never tried beta 1, and I have tried beta 2, If feels kinda like beta 2, but not as good, so it probably fees more like beta 1.

Imangine every character jumping around with lead boots, constantly pulling them down. That's essentially what it feels like.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
um
don't go to banned and clearly stupid stages?
The levels aren't stupid (except Mario Bros). Its one thing to now want to fix levels that will never be tourney legal, but to break them and then not fix them later, that's just lame.

GenG

Smash Lord
How do you feel about the hitstun? Isn't it too high? Because Snake for example can juggle easily fast fallers with utilt, which certainly isn't a weak attack.

Top Bottom