• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Common Secondaries and their usefulness.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Falcon does not require swift fingers at all. Falcon's easily one of the least technical characters in the game.
Considering the fact that most of the falcon players are not good. Id have to disagree.

Falcon can be pretty technical, and must have some difficulty in playing or else everyone would just **** with falcon, when in fact its just the opposite.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Considering the fact that most of the falcon players are not good. Id have to disagree.

Falcon can be pretty technical, and must have some difficulty in playing or else everyone would just **** with falcon, when in fact its just the opposite.
listen to this man.

He is wise

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
i used to main sheik, but i think my marth is getting a little bit better, i know sheik is one of marths harder matchups, so i think if i lose in marth dittos, i could just go sheik

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
sounds like a good plan. Just make sure you work on both then and you should be fine. If you think you can tho, fox would probably be a more solid choice.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
realistically marth/fox might just be the best combination in the game as they almost perfectly cover all matchups, neutrals, and cps

that said I have a thing for marth/falco, which i feel gives me a slight edge on fox players for the cost of having more trouble with sheik.
I think Sheik/Fox is better, but not by much (well, realistically. it's about even in the high tiers, and Sheik's favor in the lower tiers), except countering Marth is definitely a plus.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well, we have two match-ups to really worry about, Captain Falcon and Sheik, everybody else is a neutral or slight advantage, so what's the best way to deal with those match-ups?

Either of the spacies is a great answer in a nutshell, both beat Sheik and Captain falcon. Fox is the best choice here.

Also, you could beat them individually, Peach, Sheik, and Jiggs all have good match-ups against Captain Falcon. Jiggs also has an even against Sheik (at least IMO)

As for sheik, beyond the spacies you have ICs.

If you're not looking to counterpick, play who you like. Personally, I have Fox, Peach, Sheik, and Ganondorf all as secondaries which means I got an evil counterpick for just about anyone.

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
i used to use fox before i was getting better at tech stuff, just the basics like l canceling every attack and fast faling more ,so i think i will try to go back and learn him better, waveshines really got me though, i had no clue how to do them, so i just went with sheik

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
my fox is mad sloppy. for me, roy will beat cf(i said it) and ill just go marth against the sheik and f*** em up.

idk, im gonna just focus on marth for now.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
For me personally, I'm ok with most of my matchups but I'm terrible vs Falco and Sheik (with all characters, not just Marth)

I can play most chars pretty well, and have dedicated time to learning Fox/Marth/Falco/Peach/CF/Jiggs/Bowser/Mewtwo/Roy uhh... idk some other random low tiers haha. My friends always make fun of me for not picking a main :p

Usually I do Marth vs all mid/low tiers and Peach/Marth then Fox vs Fox/Peach/Jiggs/CF/ICs/etc... but I'm always **** out of luck for Sheik and Falco >.<. I just pick Falco vs both of them (I'm decent in dittos) or else I use Roy for Falco and Jiggs for Sheik.

I actually suck at hitting Rest in singles but a few random crouches and up-airs are enough to get them to fumble with their DI/shielding lmao then random Fsmashes ftw :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well with m2 Im fine with all the matchups except I wouldnt want to play marth or shiek but Im ok with them but those are typically losing fights.

Id switch to marth for both of those.

depending on how good they are id switch to falco.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
@ CABC- pick a main. roll with it. once you are good enough, then u can start anexing into other mains.

i used to be sheik/roy/link/fox/marth and i would always lose because i would just switch when i lost. when i picked one twice in a row, i made the match close. then i just went marth and got insanely better.

Halloween

Smash Cadet
hmm I main marth and my secondary is falco aswell.. ALthough it seems like my falco is catching up to my marth because my tech skill is increasing, my marth will always remain on top. Heres my complete list in skill order

marth, falco, sheik, jigglypuff, and captain.

Yes captain is last =( i just cant seem to pull off the crazy stuff most people do with falcon. idk why.

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
im pretty much solo marth and my hardest matchups are falco and shiek so im thinking of taking up either fox or jiggs iunno ill have to look into it more

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Marth and Fox. Fox is better than Falco for non-neutrals, and he covers the Sheik and Falcon matchups.

Top Bottom