• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok.. just saw the changes. Yea we'll drive up Friday night then in time for Minus (and leave Saturday night).

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Change of plans for me, the camping trip fell apart, so I'll be making it to the tournament. Carpools seem pretty full at this point, so I figure I'll probably be driving (I have room for 4 more). I'm also planning on leaving Friday and getting back Sunday.

I figure I can probably take a few people from Kiest's car so he can bring more setups, let me know what you guys want to do.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
I told Coop to comment on the thread via Facebook. So, I hope he gets it soon.

This is probably an A-OK for me, but I'll let you guys know if anything changes. <3

:edit: Also, Quivo. We'd be happy to bring some Brawl- into the mix.

Coop01

Smash Rookie
idk my mom is kinda meh about it :/ she doesnt want me gone for 3 days on a college campus. I do have the money for it though.

Also, I have brawl- with textures so we can use my sd card to play some friendlies or something. That is, if i can go lol.

Edit: Textures and music* :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Good news everyone!

Frenchman and I are dividing the drive load!

Now I can bring both TVs AND French can bring the rest.

As of now, I think we'll still have people meet at my house then we'll all drive together.
I reset the list in case people want to travel with each other.
I'm also extending the invite to Toledo folk.

Keist Wheels:
Me
2: ? (Vocal)
2 TVs or 1 TVs and 3: ?
or No Tvs and 4: ? 5:?

French (might be able to do a little more....):
1: French
2: Juu
3: ? (MX)
4: ? (CooP)
5: ? (Sil)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Good news everyone!

Frenchman and I are dividing the drive load!

Now I can bring both TVs AND French can bring the rest.

As of now, I think we'll still have people meet at my house then we'll all drive together.
I reset the list in case people want to travel with each other.
I'm also extending the invite to Toledo folk.

Keist Wheels:
Me
2: ? (Vocal)
2 TVs or 1 TVs and 3: ?
or No Tvs and 4: ? 5:?

French (might be able to do a little more....):
1: French
2: Juu
3: ? (MX)
4: ? (CooP)
5: ? (Sil)
Your going on Friday right? I'm in :)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Keist, don't forget to mention Moose's car.

Moose's car is leaving probably around 6-7 pm. I'm pretty sure all cars will make it for Brawl Minus at 9pm that night Also, we'll be driving home Saturday night, so people that don't want to stay there all weekend could probably come with us.
Right now his car is:
1. Him
2. Me
3. Crow
4. ? Possible setup

Then I'll just repost keist's thing.

Keist Leaving Columbus Friday, and coming back Sunday:
1.Keist
2. Vocal
TVs

French (might be able to do a little more....) Leaving Columbus Friday, and coming back Sunday:
1.French
2. Juu
3. Sil
4. ? (CooP)
5. ? (MX)

Let's try to organize this trip. People should post asap to call spots in cars.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I can probably bring a setup if there is space for a TV in the car I'm in.

but I would like to be in the car that plans to arrive the earliest, but basically any car that plans to make it there for Brawl- should be fine, I am also very familiar with the drive to Athens and the campus so I could easily help navigate people who arnt Keist.

QUIVO

Smash Master
No prob Moose, I'm also really familiar with the drive so we got this.

I could possibly see if Moose is ok with bringing mx/coop since coop said he cant go the entire weekend, that way you guys could possibly bring a setup sil.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I didn't forget Moose's car, I just didn't hear anything different about it... heh.

I'm going to be unavailable from Thursday up until 6-7ish PM on Friday, so I would like things finalized by then.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Well I meant just mentioning it with frenchman's and your car. That way people can get some options and hopefully some others that are interested in coming.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Yes, I am okay with leaving on Friday evening. Let me know if you need me to refresh your phones' memory with my contact info or something.

Also, I have a small TV I can bring if there is room. I'll be bringing my Wii regardless.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Cool Crow, I updated my last post with the ride situations.

Anyway, since I work Thursday 12-2:30ish, if you guys wanna try to get some last minute training in lets get it done. )

If people could bring a setup that'd be great too. I know most of you guys have cars/backpacks on you normally, so a wii would be a good idea (Especially Brawl Minus, looking at you frenchman and juu : D). As most of you know, I already have two tvs with one wii. We can get another TV into my roommates old room so its not so crowded this time around.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think I would be good on getting Brawl- and myself over to your house on Thursday before we go down Friday.

I'll have the 1.6 build of Brawl- as usual.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hey Moose, I heard that Coop wasn't really supposed to go the entire weekend for this tournament, so I told him he could probably come with us if that's cool with his parents for letting him go for a night and a day, and if its cool with you if he comes. I mean, we do have an extra spot or two. I don't know how things will play out but yea, i thought I'd inform you. The thing is, I'd imagine him and MX wanna travel together so who knows.

Personally, I think the more, the merrier. Less gas money too loll

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Well it looks like Coop and MX are getting rides with Frenchman, so they could ride up with him and then come back with us on Saturday.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
This all sounds pretty good to me. I'm planning on just meeting up at Kiest's on Friday, so just head out there as previously planned if you were planning on catching a ride from him before.

Sil: Bring your tv if it isn't too big. My trunk is completely empty, so there should be room as long as people don't bring too much.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Is this the version we're playing at the tourney? Just curious.

@Crow: Unless your tv is huge it should fit in the trunk/back seat.
I would assume so, it's the latest and most streamlined version.

aka, the APEX version. Unless people somehow want a worse DK.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Alright. I might work until 4 tomorrow. Keep an eye on this thread, if i get out at 2:30 then the smashfest will be on at 3. If I don't post, then expect it to start around 5 and go till 8 or 9. Maybe later if I feel like it. Friday we can start whenever, I'll talk to you guys about it then.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Keist, don't forget to mention Moose's car.

Moose's car is leaving probably around 6-7 pm. I'm pretty sure all cars will make it for Brawl Minus at 9pm that night Also, we'll be driving home Saturday night, so people that don't want to stay there all weekend could probably come with us.
Right now his car is:
1. Him
2. Me
3. Crow
4. ? Possible setup

1.Keist
2. Vocal
TVs

French (might be able to do a little more....) Leaving Columbus Friday, and coming back Sunday:
1.French
2. Juu
3. Sil
4. ? (CooP)
5. ? (MX)

Let's try to organize this trip. People should post asap to call spots in cars.
Yo Quivo, is that last spot in Moose's car open? if not, ParanormalSin is interested, and who could deny the lovable oaf?

If nothing else, hes small, he can fit inbetween the setups in Keists car.

I also need someones address who woldn't mind us leaving a car on their street corner for the weekend, preferable the most Westbound driver in Columbus so we can save on gas $$.

Also: remember Keist is gone till 6/7 tomorrow, so unless someone can give us his address, we will need somewhere else to meet when we get to Columbus.

QUIVO

Smash Master
K right now this is what it looks like:

1. Him
2. Me
3. Crow
4. ? Possible setup (Maybe Sin? Need to talk to Moose about this)

1.Keist
2. No one (Sin maybe?)
TVs

1.French
2. Juu
3. Sil
4. MX? Need to confirm the meet up with everyone?
5. Sin? Depends

K so this is how it's going right now. Frenchman/Moose are meeting at my place at 1:30 earliest since Frenchman has a job interview and needs some down time before he meets at Keist's, We're going to be playing until 630ish?

If people want to meet at my place that's fine, just give me a call or text before hand please!

Drivers it'd be great if you could give me what you would like to do with the extra people.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Sin do you have a way to get to Columbus (Q's place preferably)? There's room for you on the way up. MX do you still need a ride back Saturday night, or was that just Coop?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Coop's not going. I have no idea what's up with MX. I'll give him a text tomorrow if he doesn't text me first maybe.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Quivo, you didn't get my text. :(
I'm going, but Coop isn't going.

However, I'd like to know when everyone is leaving ASAP. :)
Also, are they doing anything spectacular on Sunday? If not, then I'll just come back with Moose on Saturday.

Top Bottom