• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
MX if you mean what time we're leaving (everyone is leaving Friday) my car is leaving Q's at 6:30 to get to OU around 8. You're welcome to come back with us on Saturday (assuming Crow's TV fits in my trunk, which it should), although the car will be cramped. So far, my understanding (my car only):

Depart - Friday 6:30 From Q's
Me
Q
Crow
ParanormalSin?

Return - Saturday night when everyone is ready to leave
Me
Q
Crow
PSin?
MX

last minute planning ftw >.<

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I would assume that PSin will be going back whenever Sil goes back since that seems to be his way to Columbus. I plan to be around there near 1:30, myself along with everything I need to take with me to Athens. It's not much more than my bookbag and a bag that'll hold the stuff I'll need throughout the weekend.

I'll call/text before I leave.

QUIVO

Smash Master
MX should probably ride with us instead, that way Psin and Sil can just leave together too.

MX: I don't think anything cool is really happening sunday

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Yes nothing too huge happens Sunday except for "water cooler" talk.

For those heading my way, my number is 614-327-0584.

@Vocal: Thanks for the heads up.

@ Others: French is helping me take people, so we can divide up the passengers/setups as people show up.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'll be moving in sometime between the 5th and 11th, so I expect some visitors and good matches =P

I'll be living on 19th and Summit in a ground floor single, once I'm back, feel free to let me know and people can drop by anytime. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the smash scene after this boring summer.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Ooh . . . I may be up for a trip to Springfield (or elsewhere) if people want to carpool from Columbus. I will be starting from Zanesville (uggh) and traveling about an hour down I-70 to Columbus.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I may or may not be able to. I'm going to start moving some of my stuff to the new place tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be settled in Saturday, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm moving my big stuff yet haha

QUIVO

Smash Master
Mostly my bed, couches, and coffee table I guess. I think I have enough help, so thanks, but if i do need any i'll try to get ahold of you guys. The only thing I'm worried about is if I can't really use my new roommates trailer as well ahha.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Anyone wanna come over sometime this week and play? I'm all moved in : D

I miss my old place though : (

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
My free time is lookin really sparse this week.. I think I'm only free on Thursday after work (10pm), next week I'll be more available.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Dangit Q, I'm two blocks from where you were before T_T

Waiting to figure out how I'm going to move my bigger things, but I should be around by the 10th or so.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Parking is plentiful and we've got two places to host in the same building (just a few floors apart, could have setups going in each apartment even). I have a feeling most of the smashfests over the next year will be happening there.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Oh thats about 10 mins form where I work....

While parking might be plentiful, would it be fine to park there during the school year?

Awesome!

Also.... I have decided that I want to go to School's in Session 3. Anyone want to carpool?

I wouldn't mind just going for the day this time, but if not many come we could try to get housing.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i'll have to see if my big stv can fit in my trunk, i'll try putting it in there today

Crow!

Smash Lord
You may want to change the OP now, Quivo, lest someone goes knocking on the old door at some point.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Kiest. They don't have any parking passes for the building. people might get a little pissy if a strange car was left parked there for several days, but they seem pretty relaxed about it.

Also, I'm pretty interested in coming to school is in session. As long as I'm moved in by then, I'm in (very likely at this point).

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Yea in interested in going to School is in Session 3 as well.. idk if I have to work that weekend yet, but if so I could be another car if needed.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
There is one problem I forsee with the tourn, very little setups.

I think C-bus can help fix that, but that might mean multiple cars. But it's up to you guys.
I own 3 standard Def TVs, however I can only fit 2 in my car if there is ONE other person with me.
I am willing to lend them out to you guys as well, if you don't own a TV that's easy to carry.

Also, it seems that meeting up at Q's/French's place is the ideal place to start carpooling from. That way we can bring our gear, then divide it up amoung the cars so that everyone can get their stuff/people to this thing.
I'm also assuming that we are just doing Sat-Sat. Let me know other wise.
Thoughts?

@Q: Can you link this post in the OP? So people can find this car/ride list.

I might have OUGA come up to C-bus Friday and help carpool with C-bus Saturday. I'll update this as it happens.

Here are the potential Cars. We can always add or remove them as well.
(Bold = 100% confirmed: meaning the driver as agreed to that roaster, Name? = not sure)

Keist Wheels:
1. Keist

2. French?
3. Pyscho?
5. Keist TV 1?
Trunk: No Setups as of now (Kind of small, but can fit some TVs... just not mine)

Dark Energy's Car (You post like you wanted to drive?)
1. Dark Energy
Trunk: Keist TV 2?

Moose Car
1. Moose
Trunk: 1 Tv

Unk1nd
Trunk: 2 tvs.

Total Roaster:
1. TheKiest
2. Moose
3. MX
4. Dark Energy
5. Unk1nd
6. Frenchmen
7. AlphaZealot?
8. Quivo?
9. Psycho?

Need to hear from!
1. Crow
2. Z
3. OUGA group

If it ends up being just me in my car, I'll head down there Friday and Bring 2-3 TVs and stay till Sunday (I got friend's outside of the sash community I can stay at).

QUIVO

Smash Master
Just so you know, AZ doesn't have a car. He might have Amy drive, but she may not... who knows. As of now, I shouldn't be going to this tournament. I also didn't request off so we'll see...

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'd just want to go Sat-Sat, and my trunk fits 1 big/2 small-medium TV(s). My manager is really slow with the schedule so I probably won't know if I can even go until Thursday this week.

Also, do we know for sure AZ will be back in Cbus between now and the tourney?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea i can drive, also i ...tried putting my stv in the trunk and it doesnt fit so if i take it it'll take one seat. I can only fit 4 people in my Volkswagen including myself

Unk1nd

Smash Rookie
Yo, I can definitely be there!!!
I can bring two T.V.s and a Wii setup.
I can also bring 2-3 people who live in Columbus area if they need a ride.

The only thing is that I need a gamecube controller (has to be in decent condition) if someone is willing to give me one :) ... or I could buy it. Either is good.

P.M. me if you have an extra controller or if you need a ride.

I'm way pumped for this!!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Unk1nd: Have we met in person yet? I also have a spare controller I can lend out the day of. Also what vehicle do you drive? (Suprised it can fit 2-3 people with 2 TVs)

@Dark: Maybe one of my TVs can fit instead?

@AZ: You'll have a ride, we'll figure out from who soon.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea um as long as it isnt too huge i'll prolly need some type of height measurement from you.

The volkswagen can also fold her back seats down for room so its not like my opinions are limited :heh: That also means i'll have 1 spot open for another person, if i take your TV

Top Bottom