• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I talked to MX, he's in more or less. Has to get stuff cleared with parent, though. I'll poke him again to start talking to some people.

I'm not going to be in Columbus (naturally, move-in starts this weekend) so you can count me out of needing a ride... unless of course I happen to be in C-bus at the time. Then I'll ask one of you guys.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yo, I can definitely be there!!!
I can bring two T.V.s and a Wii setup.
I can also bring 2-3 people who live in Columbus area if they need a ride.

The only thing is that I need a gamecube controller (has to be in decent condition) if someone is willing to give me one :) ... or I could buy it. Either is good.

P.M. me if you have an extra controller or if you need a ride.

I'm way pumped for this!!!
unk1nd please post about those televisions and wiis in the main thread, thank you

sneakytako

Smash Lord
AZ, you should definitely come, and bring Q. You need to tell me when you're coming back to town so I can plan a trip :D.

And GJ Keist for taking the initiative to organize this trip. Too good.

Unk1nd

Smash Rookie
@TheKeist: It's a four door Saturn. But I have 2 medium/small T.V.s that can fit in the trunk. However, if the people I bring also have a T.V.s things might get complicated. Idk too soon to know, I'll have to wait and see.

@Juushichi: Let me know if you do in fact need a ride. I can probably work that in.

@Clowsui: I will post in the mainthread... only I don't know where that is. Ummm, can you help a noob out and give me the link. Or where I'd find it.

Sorry, for looking like a noob with my post, but I kinda am...

clowsui

Smash Legend
Why dont you just post for him clowsui?
pretty sure day wants people to post things they're bringing themselves as a type of verification, though i could've quoted him

Q i really really really hope you can make it, all the god kais at one tournament is just too good

QUIVO

Smash Master
Ughh i wanna go... but I guess I'd enter just singles to save money if I have the day off and can get a ride.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im gonna talk to mom and see if i cant just use her car

i honestly dont think i can fit 2 big TVs n my volkswagen + my recording equipment + additional stuff so we'll see what she says

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'll find out tomorrow if I have next Saturday called off, and I acquired a TV recently so I'll have that in my trunk. Room for 1 small/medium-size TV in the trunk and 3 (4 uncomfortably) people. We still have some time to plan this out though so no worries.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm looking into coming up from Athens to Columbus to get a ride from someone. Maybe gonna have some OUGA people too.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Juu, I'll know for sure in a bit, but I could give you and another person a place to crash the night before and after given you don't mind fighting over the futon. I got the bed and futon moved in today, so the place should be semi-livable once I get internet. Probably moving in sometime this coming week by the looks of it.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Ok so Saturday next weekend is called off.. and I want to be a driver. I'll be leaving and coming back on Saturday, so if you're riding with me be aware of that. Like I said, I have 3-4 seats and my trunk can fit a small/medium tv (I'll have my own in there as well). So yea let's get this organized :D

Silhouette

Smash Lord
So far all of OUGA thats interested that I know of: Juu, Auspher, Me, and possibly Sole.

and Soles the only one of us with a car.

If theres extra spots to carpool from columbus it might be easier on evryone.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Quivo: I meant link the post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11085368#post11085368

Just updated that one.
@Clowsui: I told Today to check back here every so often since stuff will be changing. Once i have it all finalized I was going to PM her the full list.

@Dark: I'll post those measurements on Sunday/Monday.

I think we'll fill up Moose's car first, then Dark's then Unk1nd with C-bus people. I'll fit in the stragglers and more TVs.
Depending on the numbers, I can take OUGA people as well.

SO that is.... 4 cars with 4 drivers with 3-4 more spots. (12-16)
I say we still bring all 4 cars, and fill the spots more comfortably with TVs. (It would be nasty if we were able to bring all of our setups...), but if some drivers would rather back down so we can car-pool for cheaper, I'm for it too.

We for sure have the drivers
We for we have non-drivers: French, AZ, and MX = 3.
With possibly the OUGA 4, Psycho, and Q = 6.

Still need to hear from:
Z (Don't have his number... yes French I know...)
Crow
CooP

Setups....
FULL (Kinda 5)
Keist TV 1: Keist Wii
Dark Energy TV?/Keist TV 2: Dark Energy Wii
Moose TV/Moose Wii
Unk1nd TV/Unk1nd Wii
OUGA TV?/OUGA Wii 1?

TVS with no Wii (LOLZ)
Unk1nd TV
Keist TV 3

Stand alone Wiis
AZ?
Q?
MX?
French?
OUGA Wii 2?
OUGA Wii 3?
OUGA Wii 4?

I'll add setups to that post when I return.

I will be out of town till Sunday with very limited if any internet, no updates from me till Sunday. Feel Free to text me as things get figured out.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a wii and a TV if needed as well. I can't wait to be back in Columbus.

On a side note, my wii plays ledit dual layer games for the first time it ages thanks to Metroid.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea im bringing my standard tv, its pretty loving huge-- i also plan on spending the night at day's. So if im taking someone elses tv, i'll have to drop it off sunday morning

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'm free to play tomorrow.. I'll be moving in my small stuff to my appartment (which is almost ready for me to start hosting smashfests.. I have 2 TV's :D [but 1 Wii :/])

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'll try to wake up by 12 so I can move stuff over.. text me tomorrow some time. Hopefully I can wake up lol.. my sleeping schedule is still ****ed up

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
@Quivo: I meant link the post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11085368#post11085368

Just updated that one.
@Clowsui: I told Today to check back here every so often since stuff will be changing. Once i have it all finalized I was going to PM her the full list.

@Dark: I'll post those measurements on Sunday/Monday.

I think we'll fill up Moose's car first, then Dark's then Unk1nd with C-bus people. I'll fit in the stragglers and more TVs.
Depending on the numbers, I can take OUGA people as well.

SO that is.... 4 cars with 4 drivers with 3-4 more spots. (12-16)
I say we still bring all 4 cars, and fill the spots more comfortably with TVs. (It would be nasty if we were able to bring all of our setups...), but if some drivers would rather back down so we can car-pool for cheaper, I'm for it too.

We for sure have the drivers
We for we have non-drivers: French, AZ, and MX = 3.
With possibly the OUGA 4, Psycho, and Q = 6.

Still need to hear from:
Z (Don't have his number... yes French I know...)
Crow
CooP

Setups....
FULL (Kinda 5)
Keist TV 1: Keist Wii
Dark Energy TV?/Keist TV 2: Dark Energy Wii
Moose TV/Moose Wii
Unk1nd TV/Unk1nd Wii
OUGA TV?/OUGA Wii 1?

TVS with no Wii (LOLZ)
Unk1nd TV
Keist TV 3

Stand alone Wiis
AZ?
Q?
MX?
French?
OUGA Wii 2?
OUGA Wii 3?
OUGA Wii 4?

I'll add setups to that post when I return.

I will be out of town till Sunday with very limited if any internet, no updates from me till Sunday. Feel Free to text me as things get figured out.
OUGA is five, last count. Sole, Sil, Auspher, Hunky and myself. All of us have Wii's except for Hunky, I think. What's the ride situation, so I can get some stuff planned out for OUGA people. People seem to be a little behind on information here and I'll try to relay it to the interested from OUGA as best I can.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'll get to my place around 2:30, I need to move some stuff over so people who want to play just hit me up here or on my phone 614-620-2910. My address is 40 E Lane appartment 2A, it's the second appartment building past the CVS at Lane and High. DO NOT park in our lot, you will get towed. Try to find a spot on Lane/Norwich, there should be some.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Btw keist, i thought when you quoted something, you could always trace it back to the link anyway.

Oh and Crow, if you meant interested in what Moose and I were talking about, that's today.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I think you can, but it doesn't update the quote I don't think... (Like if I change the post)

So with Dark staying over night, it seems that people can ride with her ONLY if they have housing.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
pretty much...i dont think i'll be able to make it to n from cinnci in one day.

N if i have to drop people off i dont wanna be dosing off at the wheel which is what happened with keen/crow @ showdown

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I'll be moving in tonight (no internet until tomorrow), so if anyone is interested frenchman and I are planning on getting a few games in later on.

Also, what are the ride plans atm? I'd rather Sat-Sat if possible.

Crow!

Smash Lord
@Quivo: Oh, oops, misunderstood. Was thrown off by the posts being dated in the wee hours of the morning.

I would also prefer to Sat-Sat this weekend.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'm driving sat-sat, Q isn't going (last I heard), and there is room in the trunk for a small/medium size TV. So far it's just me, so Crow and Psycho you can get dibs since no1 has said anything so far.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I told Moose last night that I wasn't going to go.

I then talked to my cousin after I was at his house and she told me my familys having a little get together on Saturday in Mason... I might come down for it, and then possibly head to this.. who knows.

Top Bottom