• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

TheKiest

Smash Champion
You can register at the door.

I can't give rides, unless you want to stay all 3 day. I'll be assisting TO at this one, so I gotta be there on Friday.

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
If I can join a carpool, I'd love to attend the showdown! I could go for any number of days, in fact, the longer the better. I'd also be glad to lend my Wii to the TO's if they still need more.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You guys ask Tako if he's going?

I'm (hopefully/most likely) going up with Keister on Friday. I think SoulPech might be more inclined to come if there was a carpool, so just in case, you guys should probably hit him up. Would be cool if you guys could go, I still have to meet Crow, 3nergy and some other Columbus people.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Penguin is too poor for the showdown =(

I'll be back in Zanesville for the summer if anyone wants to drop by at some point, but should hopefully visit Columbus from time to time (I already know that I have to make two trips to get football tickets since I sold mine for $486 profit).

Regardless, I know that Frenchman and I are going to go to Nope's next time there is a monthly there, aside from that, I'll try to make whatever tourneys I hear about and may be able to provide a place for people to crash if there is anything in my direction.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
k so now we jus need someone to pick up and drive right?

keen, me, crow and juu? we staying at the hotel or driving back to our houses everynight

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
I'm up for whatever happens to be cheaper. I guess it depends on distance, fuel efficiency, and whether or not we could get one of the discounted hotel rooms.

EDIT: Hmm. Even at $60 a night, it'd be way cheaper to drive back and forth (about 60 miles), regardless of fuel efficiency. We could also shorten the drive by sticking together, and spending the night at somebody's place. Do you all know anybody who lives closer to the event?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i live in hilliard and parents wont allow anyone they dont know into this house

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
I'm on the outskirts of Ostrander, an hour from the event, staying with my parents. My friends are always welcome here, though it's not the most comfortable place to stay. Eh, it's not too bad. Anyway, I've always found smashers easy to befriend. We'd just have to hang out a while Friday or Saturday.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
My sleeping arrangement are already covered though. I'm staying at an OUGA crew member (Silhouette) who lives in Springfield over the course of the weekend. And then riding back with Keist, I suppose on Sunday night/afternoon.

SoulPech

Smash Master
As much as I want to go, I might not be able to because I is low on monies. Juu is right: I'll be more inclined to go if someone carpools...my car is on its last legs and I do not have the gas money to drive to Smashfield and back.

TL;DR

DRIVE ME!!! >:D

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
depends on your location lol and how far out of the way everyone is

Crow!

Smash Lord
Soul, if I'm not mistaken, you're the only one here who's admitted to actually possessing a relevant vehicle. Not to put words in the other participants' mouths, but I suspect we'd be willing to split full payment of gas expenses for you if you could supply the transportation itself.

Edit: he's also in Columbus.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I can't do showdown this weekend. A good friend just graduated, and it's his last night in Columbus before he moves on Saturday, so I've got other commitments.

However, I do have a car. If my work schedule permits, I would definitely be up for carpooling to future Ohio tournaments.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its like 18 inch hd tv, kinda heavy but should fit in my volkswagen

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
k so how we doin this. do i pick you guys up or do you guys wanna park outside my house and then i drive u all to springfield?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
oh ****

welp just be ready by like 8, any particular place i need to be in order to pick you up?

just found out keens address, its a 2hr pick up window he lives like an hour away from me. We cant do that. Keen if theres a way you can drive down to the Meijers down here, leave your car or someone can drop you off. Me and Crow can come by and pick you up from there. Heres their address 1661 Hilliard Rd Columbus, Ohio, 43228. Its a small 34 min drive from your place.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
which ever is more convenient for you-- we can discuss gas money sunday night

i gotta pick crow up at 7:30am

SoulPech

Smash Master
Soul, if I'm not mistaken, you're the only one here who's admitted to actually possessing a relevant vehicle. Not to put words in the other participants' mouths, but I suspect we'd be willing to split full payment of gas expenses for you if you could supply the transportation itself.

Edit: he's also in Columbus.
True. I do have a vehicle, but it can not drive in the summer. The Engine Coolant/Radiator is messed up. If it is out in the sun for too long it can overheat and not run for a while. This happened to me yesterday -_///

My car is not safe to drive/ride in. Ask Juu :p

Also, I can't go anyway...gotta work today :(...no money either. Thought a check came in, but it was a pay stub that was already put in my bank account 2 months ago.

EDIT: I feel really bad. I always say I might go or I WILL go, but I can't because of lack of money. I need to make it up to Columbus sometime when i'm not working :)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im getting my lucy/ bowser/ ddd critiqued

you should use some of our friendlies as examples keen. I would probably show those and ask for help over your tournie matches. Or at least separate them and ask what went wrong between them

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I know it's kind of early, but is there anything going on this week? I'm excited to get back and play against people again. Keen, I was just watching some of your vids and I got some ideas for you. :o

Also, Columbus people should totally have a Skype/some sort of chat group.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I don't like Skype!!!!! (plus I don't have a web cam)

Also... IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RIDE TO ZENO'S BAR on Wednesdays (yes people under 21 are allowed to come) AND you live by Patterson and High (or could get there at least, someone form the SSF4 scene has offered rides to people. He has one of those old station wagons that can seat up to 8 people (as in 8 seat belts).
If you would like to get in on this, PM me so I can PM his number to you.

I'll be there on Weds again, if any smashers are coming, I would recommend a TV and a Wii because I usually have to leave around 9:30ish.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ill have to bring my recording equip more often

more exposure here = better advice ppl can give

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Heh, my bad habits are pretty obvious when I'm watching them instead of doing them. I feel like I can find enough to work on without troubling anyone else just yet. But I'm never averse to advice if anything comes to mind.

So often, I just beg my opponent to attack, hoping they'll mistime and leave themselves open. Relying on my opponents making such basic mistakes won't get me anywhere with serious players. We all mess up every once in a while, but a 60-40 trade-off with a casual player turns into a 10-90 trade here. Suddenly, that small reward turns into a huge punishment, regardless of the rare lucky payoff.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
see thats why i record this stuff

you rly have NO idea how ur doing untill you watch yourself play its sooooooooooooooooo important for getting better

Top Bottom