• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

SoulPech

Smash Master
Here's the deal:

this past week, i've been getting nothing but interviews. As soon as I get my first paycheck, then I can try to go to these again :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
GL SoulPech!

I just played with the "Other fighters" community today. A good group. I would like some of us to go to the next few ones, they wouldn't mind if we brought a brawl setup as well.

They play in the door stairs of Zeno's Bar (384 W 3rd.) from 5 pm till 2 amish on Weds.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
GL SoulPech!

I just played with the "Other fighters" community today. A good group. I would like some of us to go to the next few ones, they wouldn't mind if we brought a brawl setup as well.

They play in the door stairs of Zeno's Bar (384 W 3rd.) from 5 pm till 2 amish on Weds.
What all do they play there? I'm not completely terrible at SFIV and Soul Calibur 2. That and I've been wanting to get into Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I don't really know anybody who plays.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
They mostly did SSF4 and T6, however they will play just about anything. (Even had 4 player SNES NBA Jam going on)

Pretty much, if you can bring it... it'll prolly be played.

SoulPech

Smash Master
so what's going on the upcoming week?

Add: I also got a new job! give me a paycheck and I'll start attending smashfests again with full setup (TV is still maybe) :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll stay the transportation convo in here... (already answered that in the power up thread)

I'm staying Friday till Monday, so if you have a place to stay that whole time (or can get a ride back from someone else.) then I can take you.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm off Friday as well, Q can host something, or Frenchman could let you all into Mack if he's available since he should have access as well.

As for the campus tourney, the person I needed to contact hasn't responded for over a week, so I'm calling it a flop and am not even going to mess since it won't be properly advertised/etc now.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
going to MLG columbus this friday, my first tournie too

this thing is gonna be huge lol

Crow!

Smash Lord
MLG is overrated imo. For everyone who isn't one of the top few players, the only reasons to go to it rather than an ordinary tourney are the flashy presentation and random free stuff. When it comes to getting an opportunity to play smash with other good players, its failure to hold pools matches makes it sub-par compared to ordinary tourneys.

I'm planning on going to The Showdown if I can get out of my dad wanting me to travel across the state on my own dime to do yardwork for him (lolwut?). I anticipate it appealing to me better than MLG would.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
that may be so, however its a good opportunity to met people you normally wouldnt and thats the reason im going

im still thinking about showdown...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
be careful about doing yardwork crow..last weekend i did some of that for 3 days and the heat is just not getting any better. Be very careful out there.

Im hoping it will be. I'm picking up a couple of people from the air port on friday

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Wednesday, I'll be going to Zeno's Bar at...

384 W. 3rd Ave
Columbus, Ohio

The local Columbus Fighting game scene brings setups from 5 pm till 2 am (when the place closes). The person who runs this, DJ2times, has said we can bring brawl/Melee if people want to.
The only thing is that it's $2 to enter, but you get free pop and popcorn all night.

I usually get there at 5:30 until 9ish myself.

If you guys can ever make to one, let me know cause I can bring a setup too.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
If I get my computer science lab done before Thursday I could play some Tako (5-whenever pm). We'll have to see though, I have a lot to do this week x_x

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I'll be free tomorrow Keist, wanna carpool? It looks like its a bit further south than AZ/Qs place but north of MLG. I'll bring brawl/melee.

Moose I'm going to be bored Thursday, I might hit you up :D.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'll be free tomorrow Keist, wanna carpool? It looks like its a bit further south than AZ/Qs place but north of MLG. I'll bring brawl/melee.

Moose I'm going to be bored Thursday, I might hit you up :D.
I'm going straight from work... :p.

I'll compensate by bringing my Wii and TV, so you don't have to.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get my lab done.. so I more than likely can't play tomorrow. I don't have a place where we could have played though, so I don't think it would have worked out anyway >.>

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
man i was so exhausted after mlg, ive never been so anxious/nervous/ so sleep deprived in my life

anyway i meet a guy that goes by the name Keen, Peach main. We'll have to drag him to some smash fests so he can meet everyone and get to play

Crow!

Smash Lord
I'm looking to get to The Showdown in Springfield this weekend. Anyone else going who I can carpool with?

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Ahem. Hullo!

anyway i meet a guy that goes by the name Keen, Peach main. We'll have to drag him to some smash fests so he can meet everyone and get to play
Drag me! Drag me! 'Cause I don't have a car at the moment. I'll pay in smash! That is, I can bring an extra Wii, and I will do my best to make every match crazy-awesome.

Top Bottom