• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

>Bert<

Smash Ace
The night I asked you or Nav to take me to the hospital I was being serious. I felt like **** that night and Nav wouldn't bring me so I had to bring myself lol.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
oh man.. I'm so sorry bert..

Kidney rejection is stupid =[
I don't think you should go to the tourney, rest up, stay on dialysis.. pretty sure your body needs it right now =x
Thanks man. Someone from the STL thread should come visit me lol. I brought my GC and Melee. Room 724 at St. Louis University lol

This kidney will be coming out either tomorrow or Wednesday according to my transplant surgeon. Wish me luck guys.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thanks man. Someone from the STL thread should come visit me lol. I brought my GC and Melee. Room 724 at St. Louis University lol

This kidney will be coming out either tomorrow or Wednesday according to my transplant surgeon. Wish me luck guys.
**** is that for real? I'd definitely drop by on Thursday. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if I have time.

(Not sure if they'd let us play Melee in the room though.)

Hopefully you have Dr. Tuttle. She's the nicest transplant surgeon in the midwest.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
alex you should pick me up when you visit him!
even though it's kinda out of the way for you
You can take the Metrolink to the Grand station, from there it's about a 10 minute walk. I could certainly give you a ride back.

Anyway just text me tomorrow or Thursday if you really plan on going.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lixi dude, you are so friggin cool for coming to see me. Seriously, nicest thing ever. My parents and everyone were bragging you up. I'm sorry I don't remember much from you being here, I was in just blinding pain. I'm not sure if u saw the GC that I brought but it's the only way I've been able play me some Melee :). I'm going back to sleep. They literally just pushed some benadryl and fentanyl. Night.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yes, I was considered an add-on for the OR, but i managed to get in there around 9:15 so it all worked out really well. And according to Dr. Horton, he said the surgery went great. They inserted a peritoneal dialysis catheter for me as well since I would rather do that than hemodialysis. But other than that, they are doing great as far as pain management is concerned.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL I only stayed for like a minute because I didn't expect such a huge crowd in your room. You have an incredibly supportive family, that's more than I can say for a lot of our patients at SLU and most patients at the VA. I'll drop by again tomorrow morning/noon, maybe we can play a little bit then.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Noonish would probably work best for me, but yea that sounds like a blast to play some smash man. Hopefully my thumb isn't numb still by then =/

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Let's take some pictures so we can show people that we don't let a little thing like a kidney rejection get in the way of smashing.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I totally agree. The smash community is just so amazing. I'm so glad I'm a part of it. The plus side right now, is I have been eating, my pain is basically under control, and I'm keeping food down. Tomorrow (or I guess today given the time), after dialysis, I'll be able to get up and try to walk. If I'm able to and still have my pain under control by Friday, the docs will definitely consider letting me go home. Which means!!! I'll be able to go to the Columbia tournament! So excited I can't stand it.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I drove from Columbia to my hometown (Washington) by myself. But then I rode from Washington to StL with my mom. My Jeep is parked there at my house. What are the guidelines on driving after surgery? Is it like a week?

Edit: smashing with Alex was A LOT of fun. Idc if we didn't get to play for long, it was just cool spending some time with a friend and playing the game. Thanks again man.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lixivium you seem like the coolest dude ever....next to Bert that is.

EDIT: Was it a hot nurse taking the picture? If so can you please post one of the nurse too...

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lol guys...it was my mom taking the photo. But I will post some pics of my nurses just for you so you'll all settle down :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LinkMO, you should get some rest man. You're too cool to leave us so soon!
Sinister, you keep up that Sheik. You're getting better and better. You've improved so much since I played you last.
Lixi: dem IC's are pri good

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. I'm resting up a lot and staying out of trouble...lol...

Alright now who the **** is going with me and Sinister to Springfield this Saturday?!
Nav? Jared? Sam1? Kellen? Nobody is flaking out on us this time. Besides Toaster....

Edit: my posts are at 222. Maybe cuz I'm 222good. I should keep it this way.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I'm resting up a lot and staying out of trouble...lol...

Alright now who the **** is going with me and Sinister to Springfield this Saturday?!
Nav? Jared? Sam1? Kellen? Nobody is flaking out on us this time. Besides Toaster....

Edit: my posts are at 222. Maybe cuz I'm 222good. I should keep it this way.
That would suck. Because then you would never post on smashboards again =/

YBMP

Smash Rookie
hey guys just wanted to tell u all that was at the columbia tourney and those that set it up thank you it was fun getting pwnd but i learned so much so ive been practicing it for the next time i face u guys that way i can put up a better fight XD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm going to be specifically on the MS&T campus /next/ saturday (April 30th) and will be busy for a lot of the day but if anyone actually attends MST and has a dorm w/ melee I'd be able to play for a few hrs in the evening. doing enrollment/classes and stuff.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Don't want to take your smashers away, Strong Bad, but I'm throwing this out there:

I know Bert, Sinister, and other columbian people couldn't show in Springfield today due to Bert's sickness, but if you're interested, me and the Springfield crew will most likely be playing melee next Sunday and you guys are welcomed to show. It's not going to be a big event like our monthlies, but we'll be getting away from the brawl crap and just be playing straight up melee with the whole Springfield melee crew. So basically, the monthlies, minus the tournament and brawl folks. Let me know if you guys are interested and we'll try and work something out. We missed you guys today (no homo). It was fun but we didn't have a good melee turnout at all. We're hoping we can counter it with next week :)

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
well as long as i can get a ride and we'll be smashing for a decent length of time i'm down. just don't know if i can get a ride.

Top Bottom