• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Bert you might talk to Atma. If anybody knows the melee happenings in your area it would be him.

Also Sinister, our Sheik player DoraNeku aka Trash aka Terrance aka Terry is getting pretty good. Like...really fast too. But I need you to show him a few things, including the light sheild edgeguard with Sheik. I have trouble doing it so yeah. Also maybe help him with some ledge tricks.

I can help anybody out with Marth or Falco if need be...but I've shown Akuma a few Samus tricks too so hopefully those are working out well for him.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Sheik's light-sheild fair has to be done using the Z button lol. The a and c-stick ways are too slow if i remember correctly.

And Zant, I'd definitely be willing to bet Sinister would easily help you out. You don't need much help though. You're ridiculously technical and I have a feeling like only a couple tips could def bump you up to insane proportions.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
And Zant, I'd definitely be willing to bet Sinister would easily help you out. You don't need much help though. You're ridiculously technical and I have a feeling like only a couple tips could def bump you up to insane proportions.
I'm looking for how he taught you so I could learn how to teach others, not myself, lol. But yeah, advice and tips are always welcomed.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Sheik's light-sheild fair has to be done using the Z button lol. The a and c-stick ways are too slow if i remember correctly.

I know this...and that's why he dash attacks the ledge. But I have trouble consistantly getting sheik to fall of the edge when Marth upB's.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
ok for the lightshield edgeguard, you dash attack the ledge, and keep holding forward and let go of a and hold z while your still in the dash attack animation, then when your shield gets hit by the up b, you should fall down and then you press forward on the cstick (easier), or z.

and i'm willing to help anyone. i just have to warn you i play the game differently than most people and explaining things to people is difficult as a result but anything techskill related i should be able to help.

edit. man my grammar suxx...cool

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok the holding of the forward is what was messing me up. Makes perfect sense. I'll mess around with it a little tonight and show Terrance when I see him. You guys are gonna be impressed though he's already taking matches off my Marth =/

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I'm excited to play him if that's the case.

Btw, some more matches were uploaded today on Sinister's channel. Feel free to head on over there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Next time I see you guys in tournament it's going to be 100% DK. **** that Fox/Sheik ****

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Turns out I'm picking up fox. Turns out he's really fun to play. Turns out I'll be taking all the friendlies + tips/advice I can get.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Atma you should call Bert. He is in Washington, MO and has nobody to smash with. It is my understanding that you are not far from there.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lixi told me Atma was MIA for a while lol, but he just commented on the Fbook message I left him. I've got his number finally, so its only a matter of time before I'm smashing liberally again...hopefully.

Jace08

Smash Lord
It turns out that I see a Jace lurking in this thread O.o
I like seeing what you guys are up to :upsidedown:

akuma keep this in mind if you decide to pick up fox though, a lot of people are 20x better at fighting fox than Samus, so if you do decide to switch make you sure really put in tons of effort into him imo

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I like seeing what you guys are up to :upsidedown:

akuma keep this in mind if you decide to pick up fox though, a lot of people are 20x better at fighting fox than Samus, so if you do decide to switch make you sure really put in tons of effort into him imo
This is extremely true... keeping her as a viable second would probably be the best option for situations like that... It is just that the people that DO know how to play against Samus *cough Sinister cough* can pretty much do whatever they want to her, especially Marths and Sheiks...

EDIT: I would like to add that I do legitimately enjoy playing fawx though.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Have you seen his vs fox game? It's pretty good.

If you're switching to Fox, I hope you don't mind not beating me anymore.

But then again, I'm pretty sure this is Sam1 and that Jared has no intentions whatsoever of switching to fox lol.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen his vs fox game? It's pretty good.

If you're switching to Fox, I hope you don't mind not beating me anymore.

But then again, I'm pretty sure this is Sam1 and that Jared has no intentions whatsoever of switching to fox lol.
Oh its definitely me Ziv. Like for real real, not for play play. Don't you worry your pretty little head, I'll keep that young Samus around just 'specially for beating you :chuckle:

I've pretty much got all the tech skill tricks down for samus, I think it just comes down to execution of them, fluidity, and becoming a better player at the game itself... so dumping lots of practice into fox until he rises into a feasible second or manages to outclass my samus sounds like legitimate fun to me :awesome:

EDIT: also before I start going fox in tournament, I'll make sure he's better than my Samus... I'm always going to go the character I feel like will give me the best chance to win with the stipulation that I enjoy playing that character.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Austin here. I'd like to have my normal tag of Omicron Austin, but I've had this account for years, and it seems like something I should keep. Not sure how much I'll be visiting here anyway.

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Columbia this coming weekend, so we should definitely smash one night. If you guys are still doing thursdays, I may be able to make it.

I've been practicing, like a ton, and been playing with the KC crew, SO DONT EXPECT TO JUST 4STOCK ME LIKE USUAL.

I might take like one or two off. Possibly.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I sense tension in here...
Jared, if I had to choose, I'd say stick with Samus, but the choice is completely up to you.
Your Samus has come a LONNNG way. Trust me. I've been there and I've seen it. The amount of time you've stuck into her is a ridiculous amount (in a good way). But I can understand maybe Samus is becoming boring or something, idk but at the very least I'd say: Primary - Samus/Secondary - Fox. Your Samus is just so fun to watch.

InsertTag

Smash Rookie
The problem is Samus sucks. Once you figure out how to fight her there is literally nothing she can do. That's why Jared wants to switch.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
all i'm seeing is supermegaultradoubledip johns from young akuma. samus is clearly the best character in the game. missiles clearly have transcendent pri. and the samus vs sheik/marth mu's are clearly 70:30.....for samus.:113:

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I sense tension in here...
Jared, if I had to choose, I'd say stick with Samus, but the choice is completely up to you.
Your Samus has come a LONNNG way. Trust me. I've been there and I've seen it. The amount of time you've stuck into her is a ridiculous amount (in a good way). But I can understand maybe Samus is becoming boring or something, idk but at the very least I'd say: Primary - Samus/Secondary - Fox. Your Samus is just so fun to watch.
There's no tension here lol, at least not as far as I can tell. :)

The problem is Samus sucks. Once you figure out how to fight her there is literally nothing she can do. That's why Jared wants to switch.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head here... It depends on the person's play style and character choice... Maybe I'll figure the problem MUs in the future.

all i'm seeing is supermegaultradoubledip johns from young akuma. samus is clearly the best character in the game. missiles clearly have transcendent pri. and the samus vs sheik/marth mu's are clearly 70:30.....for samus.:113:
Ok I can handle the johns poke and the clearly misguided information... but did you have to Chansey me?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Matchup problems? You seem to do fine vs my Marth. You ***** it hard enough to make me switch to Doc last tourney =/ I can see having some issues vs Sinisters sheik...but then again more likely because Sinister *****.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Matchup problems? You seem to do fine vs my Marth. You ***** it hard enough to make me switch to Doc last tourney =/ I can see having some issues vs Sinisters sheik...but then again more likely because Sinister *****.

Your Doc is pretty awesome btw.... but you I know your Marth can really own my Samus.. Sinister did some pretty nasty things to my Samus in the MU, and I'll be sure to show them to you next time we play. You may already know all this stuff, but it'll be fun to play anyways... like for instance, tipper dtilts out range her ftilt... I have to work pretty hard to effectively play footsies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lol people using matchup johns... use whatever char you want and have fun, that's what the game is about.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
So guys, I decided to learn Jiggs to cover Marth's bad matchups. Namely, Sheik. Going from a 40:60 to a 55:45 should help a little, I assume.

Prepare to teach me some things next time I come over, assuming either Akuma or Sinister knows anything about Jiggs. I remember Akuma used to, back in the day...

Top Bottom