• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone from, or around the area, make it a habit to post here regularly.

This is for anyone around the area to post smashfests, hang-outs, bi-weeklies, or other various fun activities. We'd really like to expand beyond just our regulars.

A group with dedicated players who will resurrect their Melee communities by analyzing and destroying bad stigmas about melee players, problems new players experience, and help to teach their communities.

Join if you love melee enough to want to become nationally competitive. I'm going to be teaching everyone possible how to get good enough to win a tournament, best their friends, and best complete strangers with reputation.

I want to bring Melee back to frequent national attention.

Keep in mind
-When playing "randoms", don't hold an elitist mentality, and teach them as much as possible. They hopefully love the game like you do. Ask if they want you to give them tips, and if they do, tell them everything you can.
-Don't ever john if you lose. It makes you seem like a douche, which we don't want.
-Money matching emulates tournament pressure the best, so if you want to improve most, try doing money matches at amounts where you care if you lose.
By the looks of it, we are a pretty diverse group. Aside from our original mains, we have plenty of secondaries.

Everybody on this list are active players that attend smashfest and tournaments. If i'm missing any of you please just post on here and ask to be added:

Sinister

Leviathan

Bert

Strong Bad

Akuma

Insert Tag

Daniel the Serriph

Let's get this thread started.

UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS

Pathways Smash - Springfield, MO
October 22nd

Directions to venue

The Big House - Ann Arbor, MI
October 22nd

Directions to venue

Rolla Monthly I - Rolla, MO
October 8th

Venue:
Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall - South Lounge
202 W 18th St. Rolla, MO 65401

If you know of any tournaments decently close to us, feel free to post them up in the comments.

REGIONS CLOSE

In addition to the tournaments listed, you can also hit up the regions discussion threads close to us for weekly, biweekly, or monthly smashfests.

Springfield Area Discussion Thread

Kansas City/Lawrence Area Discussion Thread

St. Louis Area Discussion Thread

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I get PM's all the time from ppl wondering where the CoMO/Rolla/wherever they are residing thread is. Springfield alone I have gotten 3 PM's within the last week asking where it is. Not to mention, this gives others from Missouri an opportunity to find us. Rather than just expecting us to check their city's thread.

This is way more organized than the Facebook page is considering we have a dedicated thread now to show the upcoming tournaments.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I like you guys having a topic. When I first heard there was a scene in Columbia I had to search through the STL topic for a long time looking at every posters location. Then I found out it's not even that close to STL. It's not just about getting ahold of eachother, but allowing players outside your community to get ahold of you as well.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
ok so i was a premature douche. and since everyone is adding everything, be sure to ad my mario, falcon, falco, kirby, pichu, puff, g&w, and marth. pwnd

but for real, u best ad ma CF, marth, n falco

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
ok so i was a premature douche. and since everyone is adding everything, be sure to ad my mario, falcon, falco, kirby, pichu, puff, g&w, and marth. pwnd

but for real, u best ad ma CF, marth, n falco
Sinister you should go with LinkMO to the Pathways tournament coming up! It's gonna be a ton of fun.

Anyone from Columbia down for $1 MMs?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Look at these posts...2:51 AM, 3:57 AM, 4:19 AM lol. You guys need to sleep haha. And the Pathways thing, I've brought it up with Leviathan and he said he'd really like to go, but he kinda wants some more of the crew to come along. I planned on asking Lordydennek and Akuma the other day, but I forgot. :/

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Well ****, if Sinister is gonna add his falcon, then add my Donkey Kong, G and W, Pichu, Blastoise, Charizard, Kingdra, Goku, Bruce Lee....

No for real, lemme think, add my fox, i play him for real now, and lemme think.... oh and luigi add him 2

>Bert<

Smash Ace
How many people will your car hold Bert? Pack it Mexican style to get most out of it!
Hahahaha Mexican style... I'm thinking 3 others could fit comfortably with an extra setup in the back. Only problem is my Jeep gets horrid gas mileage. 14 mpg if I'm lucky on the interstate. :c

Leviathan: you don't play Weegee enough to justify him as a secondary lol. Its been like a good 2 or more months since I've seen you use him (if u used him at that Poplar Bluff tournament, then I' mightadd him, I'll have to think about it).

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
yeah Levi. that's even less credible than putting my mario up. cuz i play mario way more than you play luigi. and i don't consider mario a 'real char' of mine.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
"Originally Posted by some ****"
Dammit man lol

Screw work at 5:30, I'd say **** you to them if they asked that. But naw, I understand duty calls, plus u wanna keep rollin in that dough.

So wtf, we are supposed to get snow tonight

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
**** snow it's so mother****ing ****ty. **** everything. if i have to do my ****ing route in the ****ing snow, i'm probably going to....do nothing.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea...snow is a mother ****er

It's like once a year that I don't mind getting snow. Then all the other snows after that, I hate.

Edit: HD: Melee Mini Series has been added to the upcoming tournament list.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Brianshock Beta has been added to the list as well.

You CAN expect me to be going to each and every one of these tournaments. Hopefully I won't be going alone ever again to a tournament lol.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
June is pretty far off, but maybe I'll drive to your place and ride the rest of the way with you to Brainshock Beta? Or who knows, maybe my crew'd wanna go.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hahahaha Mexican style... I'm thinking 3 others could fit comfortably with an extra setup in the back. Only problem is my Jeep gets horrid gas mileage. 14 mpg if I'm lucky on the interstate. :c

Leviathan: you don't play Weegee enough to justify him as a secondary lol. Its been like a good 2 or more months since I've seen you use him (if u used him at that Poplar Bluff tournament, then I' mightadd him, I'll have to think about it).
Prob true about weegee, but i do plays sheik here and there, so you should add her, unless you think i dont play her enough.... but i play her way more than the old weegee.

Massive

Smash Champion
Alright, this is a bit sad. Ten years and no viable Columbia/Rolla thread has made an existence?
The original Rolla-Crew's forum presence consisted of Me, Fred, and A2 randomly posting things on the STL thread.
Good times.

Please note that prior to the emergence of the current crop of dudes there was no Columbia crew to speak of (we checked), and the Rolla crew consisted of 3-5 dudes who played a few times a week and went to those tournaments in that comic book store next to six flags.

Additionally, if you folks are so inclined, you are welcome to attend KC weeklies (Massivesmash) nearly every Saturday night (drop by the KC/Lawrence thread for details).

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Wait, do you guys really have a Samus player named Applejack? How long has he had that name and mained Samus?
Lol as ironic as it is, yes, we do. Trust me, when I saw the bracket when I was at SMYM and you made your name Applejack I was like thinking to myself how weird it was that you picked that name. We haven't played him in a pretty long time tho...sigh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2weCohB82k

Oh and he's had that name since the first Hot ****ings in StL I think. lol at the title being censored. (D I C K I N G S). There. Fixed.

The original Rolla-Crew's forum presence consisted of Me, Fred, and A2 randomly posting things on the STL thread.
Good times.

Please note that prior to the emergence of the current crop of dudes there was no Columbia crew to speak of (we checked), and the Rolla crew consisted of 3-5 dudes who played a few times a week and went to those tournaments in that comic book store next to six flags.

Additionally, if you folks are so inclined, you are welcome to attend KC weeklies (Massivesmash) nearly every Saturday night (drop by the KC/Lawrence thread for details).
Sorry, I guess I kinda jumped to a conclusion about there not being a viable Columbia/Rolla existence lol. But the weekly smashes, sounds definitely like something I wouldn't mind driving out there for. This weekend a couple of us are driving down to Springfield for a smashfest, but the Saturday after that, I more than likely will end up coming.

Leviathan: have you made up your mind yet whether you are coming to the Springfield smashfest or not?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Oh btw, I noticed that all my chars are listed in the order of how good I am relative to my other ones from left to right.... Bert did you do that on purpose?

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
of course he did you dumb****. he did the same for everyone. although sam1's ylink is way better than his peach.

and lol at us having the exact same chars.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I say lets see what these springfield kids can do. :)
Gooooooood ****. I'm excited. I may need like $10 here or there for gas but I'm unsure of that as of right now. I will let u guys know when we get back into CoMO from Springfield.

of course he did you dumb****. he did the same for everyone. although sam1's ylink is way better than his peach.
This.

10dumb****s

Massive

Smash Champion
Are there any PM times in the morning? lol.

LinkMO are you on the donor list at all?
Several hours of them circulating your blood through a machine has gotta suck :(

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Are there any PM times in the morning? lol.

LinkMO are you on the donor list at all?
Several hours of them circulating your blood through a machine has gotta suck :(
On the 28th this month, I will be going to St. Louis University for my re-evaluation and referrals. They have to get both of those finished first before I can be listed, but the amazing thing, is there are already 7 ppl that are on a list waiting to get tested to see if they could become a possible donor for me. Which is AMAZING. Unfortunately this is not my first kidney transplant, this will be my third. The first failed on account of something I would rather not say, and the second transplanted kidney failed due to rejection. So I'm kinda a pro at this whole transplant stuff lol...

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wow that sucks. And yeah I wasn't really asking if morning was AM. It was more like if somebody told you you won a million dollars. And you said, "A MILLION DOLLARS??"

Top Bottom