• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Bi weeklies sound nice, also I live about..5 mins away from you. If of you need help I'm happy to lend a hand. I also have free time about 4 days a week.
WTF where do you live?
give me your address now so i can know where you are and maybe visit you

@Underload-Oh I know lol we will of course raise money to do it ourselves too
The 5 dollars is going to help us get closer to that goal of having a nice finished basement with chairs and tables =D

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but what is the address so i can visit sometime since i thought you still lived in the same place and i was always not going cause it seemed like to far of a trip to go for a while

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I am %100 not paying that entrance fee. Sorry guys.

What I propose:

Let's all find a venue and hold something ourselves. Seriously, we need to start doing these ourselves. Let's see...we got...

Underload: He's shown capable of throwing something together. Maybe you can hold more? (preferably not round robin, but your choice)

TC: Though his wasn't great, he seems to have to ability to find venues. Maybe if I worked with you we could make better ones?

Me: Though it always ends in me getting yelled at, I can occasionly (I spelled this word so incorrectly that spell check has zero suggestions) hold smaller smashfest tournies at my house. Still looking for a venue.

Meno: He mentioned something about holding tournaments. Do it?
Hi, I've only been hosting tournaments in Colorado since the beginning of time. How's it going?

The tourney on the 20th of Feb will most likely be casual. Probably No Prize. Last time turn out was about 8-10 people. Even though I won I didn't get anything(other than the satisfaction of winning XD) My point is it will be fun. But for those expecting prizes. You most likely will find none. And as for Animeland Wasabi I will be going simply because I like anime and cosplay. And girls who cosplay ^^. So since I already plan on attending it isn't an inconvenience. Odds are though that 90% of the Brawl entrants will be scrubby. I see what Dave means February and March are kind of dry for serious tourneys *sigh.
Imma prolly swing by, just to see if I can pick up any super-insecure honeys/recruit people for Brawl

But I'm not paying any venues, con or otherwise, soooo I'll prolly look into hosting something.

Starting march and or april me and henry will host bi weeklies if you guys come =D
It will be for both melee and brawl
we will of course focus on the game with the most people
We can hog all of henrys basements (which is empty and has a ton of room) we can also set some tvs outside and have fresh air while playing
We were thinking of making the venue fee of five dollars so the money can go towards making that basement look better and better and of course giving discounts to the cool kids that bring set ups cause if i remember correctly we only have 3 set ups right now and are in need of more

Does this sound like a good idea? I think it's a good way to update ranking quick
Sounds dope as ****. I agree with either bringing a set-up, or $5 towards food/improving the area.

Man, two smash houses? Colorado's gonna raaaaaaape.

Yeah that's what we want to do =D
But i don't know about a rug >.>
we were thinking about a wood floor since we will have a lot of people walking in and out of the basement when we get some setups outside.
but yeah if we did this would you guys actually show up? If yes we can start arranging stuff now for when the biweeklies start =D
And remember guys this is for both smash games

AND YOU GUYS NEED TO PLAY TMNT SMASH UP!!!
It's soooo tight
it's like playing the smash version of puzzle gem fighters- mini mix
I'd actually suggest tile/linoleum (however you spell it, the stuff in kitchen floors)

It's cheaper
It's easy to clean
And it doesn't get scratched like hardwood does

===

ALSO!

Roman, Nite, you should come to the job fair with me on Wednesday. We all need jobs, let's make it fun or sumdat! :D

Oh, and my room is clean now, guize. We can pretty easily have 4 set-ups in here, maaaybe 5. Only problem is body heat, but it's winter, so maaaaaaybe I can host a tourney on Wasabi weekend. No venue, $5 entry? One of the dogs is gone, too, so this place is actually liveable. Almost makes me sad to move out 'n such.

And Roman, let's reschedule Meleez for tomorrow, maybe? I wanna play Sam, and I wouldn't mind taking this evening to try and get my resume and stuff back together/do non-smash related things. Tim, maybe we can meet up before the smashfest tomorrow and put our sticks together? :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah but what is the address so i can visit sometime since i thought you still lived in the same place and i was always not going cause it seemed like to far of a trip to go for a while
He literally lives up the street from you. Mississippi and Sable. That's why I was so annoyed that you guys didn't come to the SUPER DUPER SEE YA LATER BENFEST. :(

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Tony we would do that buuut i think a basement with that kind of flooring will look kinda ugly >.>

ROMAN GIVE ME YOUR **** ADDRESS!!!!!!

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
14376 E. Tennessee Ave. Sommerset Apartments.

But yeah Melee today and tomorrow, I don't mind.

Also, I'll be happy to go to that job fair. I'll see if I can drive, I'll let you know tonight.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
GET A LINOLUEM FLOOR SO I CAN PRACTICE BBOYING IF I GET BORED

God that would sooooooooo ****
Henrys bro is a BBoy too and he reminds me of you a lot (hehe tight)
i'm sure he has something he practices on :p

*Dylan edit*
yeah i'll tag along to that job fair shiz
if i get one i'll be one step closer to getting a new laptop and that much closer to playing League of legends none stop forEVER!!!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tony we would do that buuut i think a basement with that kind of flooring will look kinda ugly >.>

ROMAN GIVE ME YOUR **** ADDRESS!!!!!!
Get a tight floor? I dunno. Just sayin, hardwood is a serious investment. There's a reason so many people use carpet. And if you have like... dirt or rocks hidden in the soles of your shoes, it's gonna wreck that floor ohsoquick.

Get a black and white diner tile. Then we can make the place all retro and gay.

mini-m2k edit:

Tight, sounds good to me. I should start DLing LoL nao.

Ravin

Smash Lord

*Dylan edit*
if i get one i'll be one step closer to getting a new laptop and that much closer to playing League of legends none stop forEVER!!!!
^This guy. ^

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet

*Dylan edit*
What is wrong with your old one?
If I recall you have the same one I do...

Lawkk

Smash Rookie

*Dylan edit*
These bi-weeklys could be the greatest thing ever assuming I get rides lol

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
xD Hell yeah
Maybe hardwood isn't a good idea =/ we will have to see what to get then

@ravin- It's about time you return to us man D=< How's it going?

@roman- Sold it to erg >.>

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Roman, that vid was tiiiiiight.

^This guy. ^
Wtf, you live?

Unfortunately no. I haven't played at all since I moved. I have no console or game, all I have is my controller. lol
:(

Ohwell. I'm pretty sure it's still in better shape than mine is nowadays. And as long as that's true, I'm happy, cuz that means I don't have to play the ho. :D

You and Meno are my best friends cuz I dun have to be the Peach player anymore.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ravin, you better be at that SPLAT lan thing, soz I can hug you and such. Or give you a handshake.

But yeah, the Springs has improved a good deal since you left. You have a really legit player down there now!

Nite, just lemme know wuzzup with the basement. You know I'll help with shiz like that.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Cuz getting camped is annoying

And Peach player annoys me

But if it means that much to you, I'll dust her off some

Still, Doc is the ****, Sheik has my back, and Jiggz is gay

So I dunno about Peach

Maybe Light can show me the light and make me love her again.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Got wisdom teeth pulled and my mouth hurts to much to do ****. =(

But I got my sensor bar back and free time. Time to obtain techskillz.

Gonna be the next silentwolf

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Got wisdom teeth pulled and my mouth hurts to much to do ****. =(

But I got my sensor bar back and free time. Time to obtain techskillz.

Gonna be the next silentwolf
That sucks. :(

My last wisdom tooth finally finished coming in

But it's bigger than most my other teeth, by liek... 1/16th an inch

But in yo mouf, that's a lot

I might just get it filed down/removed, cuz shiz is slightly mildly almost annoying

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Oh yee

I believe the Zelda file select song from Ocarina/ Link 2 the past is the best. Some *** hat says twilight. Now he is spamming my youtube, crazy guy.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
k about tourneys and stuff, i think i can get a classroom at CU if ppl come are willing to come. no venue fee needed for this XD, maybe have biweeklies??? yeah i think it might work if ppl bring setups. who might be down for this? i don't know exactly how the scheduling work yet, but most likely i can get it to work. maybe even as early as this saturday! only if ppl are down for this.

that band gig was ballin, also someone smash with meh! am pretty free this week not tomorrow. i can travel to denver and longmont. or come over... wednesday

this thread is sooo grrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom