• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
^Let me put it this way, what are crews?
That's sad. =[

So it seems the Denver/Aurora area has the biggest "Brawl smash" community in terms of CO while having a bunch of others coming around to Denver and not a lot getting hosted anywhere else.

We need more hosts besides just one host it seems. Does anyone host besides you Detta?

Also can I have an estimate of how much it costs to host a tournament at GameShack?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Dan (CloudChaser, Z, whatever) is the main TO, I usually just step in when he can't make it or something.
Rubio sometimes hosts smashfests at his place in Denver.
I would host stuff up in Boulder if I had a venue and people would come, but nobody from the springs would show up unless it was a big tourney and there was housing since it's like a 2.5 hour drive.

I don't think it costs anything to host at Gameshack. Most of the time we don't even have a venue fee.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright that is awesome at the GameShack thing. Reason being, I live a block or two away from it so I can walk there and probably try and start talking more with them and get tournaments hosted. Plus I can do advertisements around the shopping center where it's located by flyers and the like.

Wow no venue fee and the like is pretty dag on sweet.

I have a couple gears turning in my head for possible tournaments, but I have to go through the finer details and everything.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
In FoCo I'm sure Soapy would be willing to host a tourny, but there hasn't been a lot of interest in people driving so far up. We do have 'smashfests' every week, but we usually play other games like MP9 and now Naruto apparently

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
I could maybe host a smashfest. I'm not too far from most people outside of those that are in the Springs.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'll be back in golden in like 10 days, so denver things will be very accessible in terms of distance.

whether or not I'll have time is unknown though... no idea what this semester at mines will be like lawl.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fish, you are in Denver correct for smashfests?

I really need some smash lately I'm so tired of practicing in a hotel room. XD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry. ^^" My mistake when I read this:

Detta said:
Denver/Aurora has Fishbait, Rubio + crew, and a few others (and you, J) and a lot of randoms I think. And Level 0, apparently?
Okay well thank you anyways. Morrison's not too bad. Boulder on the other hand it quite the drive.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
My place is only ~45 minutes from GameShack. Not as bad as driving to the Springs or FoCo.
Wherever Fish is living in Boulder will be within 10-15 minutes of my house since it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to get to anywhere in boulder from anywhere in boulder, really. DTL's dorm is like 10 minutes from my place if I hit a bunch of red lights. And coming off the highway it would probably take less time to get to the CU campus than to my house.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ZZ should totally come to CO sometime.

I so wanna face that Yoshi of yours or Bowser or whoever you main nowadays.

Oh you should bring that loser Seph too.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just read the post on facebook about CO becoming a "real threat."

I have to become stronger then. I need some real people to train with though. That Mcfest thing. Do you guys still do it? I feel like if as a state we grow stronger, Fishy and Bees will get stronger as well. I even remember Bees mention something about picking up pikachu so he can seriously compete at the first tourney I went too.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Sunny, you should move up to Boulder and hang with me and Fish and DTL. :D

And the FoCo guys could come down every once in a while to hang too.

I really wanna have smashfests in Boulder twice a month. Even if it's just me, Fish and DTL with maybe Rubio + Crew sometimes also. It seems like the Springs is the only part of CO that has really consistent smashfests.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Definitely sounds like a good plan. And when I am done unpacking/get my license, I can come up to those smashfests.

And yeah Sunny, CO is trying to get more competitive and the only way we can is by everyone helping each other.

So meh about not being able to make it to today's smashfest but family comes first.

Underload

Lazy
Hi!

Cool, some Colorado people still play Brawl. After watching a few videos and randomly running into DTL at CU a couple of months back, I think I might end up getting back into Smash to some extent.

I'm going up to Boulder for good on the 23rd, just like Fishbait. With him, DTL, and dettadeus (hi), we could get a bit of improvement churning.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wait, I know that name from somewhere before.

Are you Underload the Snake main that you used to hang around and talk to Yink/rPSI/Jbandit a long time ago?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hi!

Cool, some Colorado people still play Brawl. After watching a few videos and randomly running into DTL at CU a couple of months back, I think I might end up getting back into Smash to some extent.

I'm going up to Boulder for good on the 23rd, just like Fishbait. With him, DTL, and dettadeus (hi), we could get a bit of improvement churning.
Omgomgomgomgomg
finally more players gravitating towards boulder

and someone to help me with the snake matchup

now we just need meno

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If I could house you, you know I would for a weekend for a tournament or so. Maybe if there is a big one soon around here.

Also Sang and I are going to Apex so you should totally try. :bee:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I totally could. However, same problem, need a ride/housing right now. Well in a few weeks I won't need a ride but going to Utah alone sounds not that fun.

Top Bottom