• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
Don't pick on Steam without a good reason. Lazy.

That gold lady is who the female C3POs should have be modeled after. C3PO says something dumb and gets b****slapped and dumped for R2D2- a robot who has ball-bearings.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yo, so anyone planning on getting into the new Persona fighter? My favorite fighting game devlopers making a fighting game of my favorite RPG series~? Haha, i've been keeping up to date ever since it was announced.

I'll be maining Eliz.

Her "don't care" attitude just gives off such a Rachel vibe.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
My sister wants to get it since I have the system it's on (I forget if it's vita or psp but I have both) so I'll probably try it, but I don't play Persona so I dunno who I'd play.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hate Rachel so much, you dont even know.

And no Kenny, Wyoming has 0 smash.

Also, thats def a girl, although I can reason with it being a cuntboy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
CO and WY are BIG states.

Edit: Is it me or does it look like the 4 corner states on the map don't line up right?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
you're not part of our smash scene....

....can you please go away? please???
We gave you your wish of no non-CO players for a week, and you literally only had one post that entire time, which was just a really late response to something that happened over a week ago as well lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was wondering why this place was so dead haha.

Then again, I am really curious when the next tourny will possibly be.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Elizbeth is way cooler then Rachel though. She gives even less of a **** then rachel though when she's hit, if thats possible.

Zz come back to this thread. Its boring without you guys. :<

dettadeus

Smash Lord
There's Get Hype II in Kansas towards the end of September, I don't think CO has anything else planned for a while though.

Rubio texted me about getting a smashfest going or something but I'm super busy for basically all of august.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright, getting some smash going would be great if any at all. And a thing over in Kansas, yikes, sounds quite the trip.

Makes me wanna host a tourney. I always wanted to in MD/VA and had a venue but it never got off the ground.

Steam

Smash Hero
fishbait had a really bull**** pool.

like... holy ****.

fish, espy, bloodcross, Jnig, Player-1, Kuro...

not stacked at allllllll.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yikes that sucks about getting drowned in pools. =/

A lot of people's pools were stacked and really hard. It was insane.

Edit:

Okay I was reading the Facebook group and that one post really got me thinking and wanting to get this thread and community growing so much more. The only thing that is truly stopping us it seems is the lack of constant communication like other regions have. Also the point of having more than one tournament a month would be great. If we could somehow manage to get Bi-Weeklies going in a common area that is mutual to Denver/Aurora-Spring/Fort Collins we could really make some progress in getting our area well known. We have smashers here but we just need to become more active and much more intertwined with another.

More smash-fests would help as well, but what we really need to get our region known is Tournaments and results to help.

By the way, apologies if this is info that's out there but, what does the PR look like for CO? I cannot find a decent one from just searching around a bit.

How do you guys usually advertise because it seems to just rely on the fact of FB and the fact of people who already know? How about advertising in the Colleges/High Schools a bit more to get more people who are not that known and the like?

I don't know I'm mainly just throwing ideas out at this point. I am trying to find a venue where I could host at for a possible tourny but I am starting to get really busy with college starting up and auditions but I will definitely try and help.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
PR: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14061762&postcount=50760
Dunno why it isn't in the OP.

I think the main issue is that 90% of our players can't drive halfway across the state (vertically) twice a month because gas and all that. Sometimes once can even be a stretch, and I only found that out after driving to the Springs last month and barely making it back. If I hosted stuff up in Boulder or SOAPy hosted stuff up in FoCo then only the North CO people (and like 5 people from Denver) would be able to come, and stuff that's hosted in the springs (McFests) can really only attract the springs people unless it's a huge tournament like Z3 was. It takes about the same amount of time to get from Boulder/FoCo/Springs to Denver, so that's generally where stuff is hosted (GameShack).

More stuff might happen more often in Boulder soon since we'll have DTL and Fishbait up here and I want to get a bunch of practice in with them, but there aren't really any good venues. Like, at all. Best option atm is probably my basement.

And whatever happened to Meno coming to Boulder? I was excited to have a bunch of PR members in my town instead of an hour away for once.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Thanks for the PR thing I was curious about it.

That really sucks though about the distances but I wonder how many smashers are in the Denver area by an estimate? The scene definitely needs more practice as a whole to be competitive in other regions. So GameShack is like the only main venue around here? There's nothing else that can be done whatsoever?

Smashfests can work for practices though before we have more tournies. It sucks the distance though but I feel there is something we can do about this. There's just gotta be something to help this region be more available to do things.

How many smashers would you say are in the Boulder/FoCo/Spring area and how many smashers are in the Denver/Aurora area?

Also I have a question, where are the crews for this area? In MD/VA there were tons of crews and I'm curious about that as well.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Rubio's crew is the only actual crew, it's like five or six people I think. The other "crews" are generally just by region, like the Springs, FoCo, etc.

In boulder right now there's really just me who goes to tournaments. I have a few friends who I want to help improve but they don't have the same drive for the game that I do. And IIRC Rizen lives like 2 minutes from my house but still doesn't go to anything. Later this year though Boulder will be me, DTL and Fishbait.
FoCo has SOAPy and Logo as far as Brawl players go, as well as I, and like one melee player. It has a pretty good MP9 scene though.
Springs is a smaller number for vBrawl but I know there's a good number of other players. and SunnySunny is somewhere around there but not quite the springs
Denver/Aurora has Fishbait, Rubio + crew, and a few others (and you, J) and a lot of randoms I think. And Level 0, apparently? (All brawl, there's a lot of Melee/P:M players in denver tho, like Izzy)

Other PR members are scattered around, but their locations are on the PR.

I'm sure there's more venues in Denver, but there's almost nothing in Boulder. The one place I found could only host stuff on Mondays until 8, which could possibly work for smashfests, but not much else.

Top Bottom