• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Alright, since Dan couldn't make it, I ended up hosting Summit 3 (with a little help from my friends).

Full results will be up later (like tomorrow or later this week) but I'll give the payouts for now.

BRAWL SINGLES (double elim)
1: Fishbait ($114)
2. Bees! ($57 ($52))
3. DemonicToonLink ($19)

MELEE SINGLES (may or may not be correct?) (double elim)
1. SDSG ($40?)
Rest coming soon.

BRAWL DOUBLES (round robin)
1. Bees + Handsome Tim ($30 each)
2. Fishbait + Steam ($15 each (Fishbait didn't get paid))
3. Meno + DTL? ($5 each?)

So basically, it was a pretty big mess. We hand-made brackets because none of their computers had Tio and they had no internet to download it. This caused some minor issues with seeding and a lot of disorganization with money and stuff. We ended up being 20 bucks short for some reason (5 for Bees, 15 for Fishbait), probably due to some people not paying for teams or something like that.
However, since we did everything ourselves, they charged no venue fee, so everybody saved five bucks.
I didn't get around to hosting any of the side events I planned because people kept leaving as soon as they had no more matches, which wasn't particularly helpful although it would've been pretty complicated anyways. I was planning on doing some $2 side-events to raise money for lagless TV's (All-Brawl, Bowser Challenge and/or Angry Bird Challenge), but oh well.

Big thanks to Studmonger for helping me make the brackets and dealing with the Melee stuff, and to everyone else for hanging in there while we started 45 minutes late and continued to be somewhat disorganized. Also, gotta thank GameShack for providing four lagless TV's and a ton of power strips, as well as not charging venue. I've got their contact info now as well, so if Dan can't get something organized, I can try too.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
And I still want my "venue" of $5 back, somehow. D:<

Next time a tournament gets botched by the establishment and I'm there, just ask me to run the bracket. I ran the last half of it, anyway, and it would have gone much more smoothly (and without missing $) if I did it.

That aside, we need new blood. Ugh.

Oh, and I should be given back control of my thread, mmmhmm.

Bees!

Smash Ace
For all of the disorganization and disarray, the tourney was still awesome. I got to see people I have not seen in a long time. Props to Detta for stepping up otherwise it is likely that we wouldn't have had a tourney.
Also I am starting to consider going back to ROB and Kirby as I feel Kirby would do better against Falco than ROB(among other things) idk it getting hard to just play ROB because his bad MUs are really bad and it is hard to find a character that he goes well with that doesn't just mean going all that character. I will continue to try using ROB and Kirby but I may end up going with a high tier main so that I can actually start being a greater threat. Either way it was fun and now my trip to Wasabi is paid for which is pretty cool. XD. Gotta do my shoutouts now peace to...
Steam-GOTTA GET OWNED ON SATURDAY! jk ;) I think your Lucario probably would have done better. ggs regardless. Hope to play you at Wasabi :)
Fishbait-Good **** man! Not sure when you got so good. Genesis must have really helped. Again that Falco is too good. Like national level too good. It is a shame you are kind of losing interest in the game. Hopefully you will stick around and at least help us get better.
Dylan-Good games. Also great seeing you again. You are one of my favorite people!
Meno-ggs. Your Peach got better and is actually scary. You just need to stop losing to people that you are clearly better than and you will be set.
Level Zero-Learn to Fox ;)
Dave-RRAAARRRRHHHHGGGHHHH! DAVE NO GO TO SUMMIT! THAT MAKE BEES ANGRY! YOU NOT LIKE BEES ANGRY!!!
Rubio-Super good **** man. Grats on beating Level Zero. Also remember that you are still new to this but again you are a quick and rising star. Just don't let that passion for the game die. You are gonna go far kid. :D
Lion-Nice seeing you again. I can tell that you upped your game!
Chunky-Still one of the friendliest people on the planet. Was fun talking about UMvC3 with you. I hope we get to play each other some day.
Tony-ITSSS YOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!
Jamaal-Nice seeing you again. We should play some sort of game together in the future.
Roman-We didn't talk much but it was nice seeing you again.
Tim- Best.Teammate.Ever. We should team more in the future. I like money

I-Nice seeing you again, we didn't get to play at all except for teams :(
Soapy-Uh Yoshi and stuff. Start playing more. Also reverse wavebouncing Yoshi's command grab is godlike. Work on some Yoshi Tech with wavebouncing
Skullkid-very impressive, Chunky is gonna make a threat out of you :)
Detta-props again for stepping up to run the tourney. I know there were things that went wrong but the fact that you took charge should be commended. :D
Sean-nice seeing you. I think we both got caught up in the tourney. Maybe next time I see you I can learn some melee and stuff.

To the new people that showed up!(Like the girl dressed as a pikachu and her teammate) GOOD **** GUYS! VERY IMPRESSIVE!! COME TO MORE THINGS AND KEEP ON LOVING THE GAME!!!!

If I forgot anyone I am sorry. Remind me and I will give you a shoutout.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
The girl in the Pika outfit has been at like every Summit, lol. I think she only enters teams with her bf though.

It's kind of funny, because when I got home and got on my netbook to type up the results, Tio was open on it. :/

If I ever run another tourney for whatever reason, it's not gonna be as big of a mess as this one was. And maybe I won't end up against #1 in the region in the second round.
Gotta work on that Yoshi matchup though. I usually beat SOAPy, but looks like he was on his game today and I was pretty far off of it, lol.

And I'm not sure how many people watched my match against Fishbait, but the first game was pretty lulzy. The first minute and a half was me doing desynced Ice Blocks on BF and Fishbait just standing on the opposite platform until he finally started walking around and murdered me.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Turnout was fantastic, all of us most renown players showed up (minus Dave, but then again I think we all knew he was 99% likely to not be there). Tourney was great but this was my worst performance in singles by far :( . I didn't know Rubio had made a name for himself in our scene therefore I took him too lightly in the first round, I won't make it so easy for him next time :p . As for you, Chunky..

You're still my bud but you and that Lucas have quickly become my biggest nemesis in this game!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Also, for the OP, Melee should be this:
1. SDSG ($40)
2. Izzyinfamous ($20)
3. Idoleyez ($5)

Also also I see Z3 in the OP. Any details?

Also also also it looks like Olimar is my new dubs character.

Steam

Smash Hero
Stem took 4th. what are the rest of the results?

Stem seeded like all the brawl bracket.

Rubio is good.

I hate playing against chunky

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Would if I could but I spent any money I could've spent on Anime Wasabi on Summit 3 and am saving the rest for Kid Icarus.

Might go to Rubio's smashfest or something though.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Probably some random Red Lion hotel in Denver where someone inevitably will have planned a wedding for the same day and time.
That legit happened like two or three years ago. They closed off a section of the convention because people were getting married and they booked the hotel like 5 months after Wasabi did.

Saturday registration starts at 9 or 10 AM, Saturday pass is like 25-30 bucks IIRC. Been there enough times to know all that.

GET THERE AT 8:30 SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR REG. I'M SERIOUS.
Waiting in line for registration there is TERRIBLE because they have this awfully stupid system that's insanely inefficient. If you get there at 8:30 there's no line and you can be first to register and then laugh at anyone who gets there later.

tekkie

Smash Master
it was chill i'm going back tomorrow at a reasonable hour, 11 or so

edit: i lied. plans got ****ed :<

see you guys at nyte, right? ;D

Top Bottom