• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Hey Sunny, my girlfriend works in the medical field. She said the only way is to get surgery to tighten the skin. She said you need to get it removed, or tucked.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
So Meno we carpooling to Bees' on Sun (And by carpool i mean you drive me their :) w/ gas $$ and all that good stuff)? If so my mom will be driving me over to your house or we can meet at I-25. So time!?

On a side note don't leave your car out of state its sucks...

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
At Underload: You can come at like 11 if you want to get brawls in before other people show up, idc. If you come before 11 then I'll probably be sleeping lol.

At Idolized: The 9th at 12:00. There can be Melee cause I have Melee, I just dunno if other people will play it lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
why is steam practicing tauntloops NOW?
there's a good chance it's gonna be taken out in the patch..

Bees!

Smash Ace
Pics steamy? ;3

Oh btw, I might not be able to go to bees tourney. ._. My sister really sick. Like something really wrong with her pancreas so were all going to the hospital right now.

I'll post a pic of me later.
Oh :( I hope she is okay D:

when does beesfest end?
Whenever I feel like it!

I actually can't make Bees Birthday Bash.

:(
Its more sad that you are not coming because you gave it a catchy nickname and everything :( :(

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Wait, like with other male bees? Don't let Westboro Baptist church hear about that.... Actually, do. I want to see Bees on propaganda posters.

I'll go to Fishfest to play Meleeeeeeeeeee and BB if anyone brings BB. I'll even bring my stick. And maybe a little brawl, but really the only way I'd ever get back into Brawl is if DLA was at a smashfest I went to, and he showed me how to be godly with Ganon like I've always wanted.

Dylan,

I think DLA is right; your defense mechanism is missing. The only reason people can even consider thinking about or watching other people get hurt is if they use a defense mechanism that cuts off that high level of theory of mind, where you're imagining what the other person is feeling. That defense mechanism is a big part of why people walk past people dying on the street, or why war has never been that horrible to the people who have convinced themselves that it's necessary. But I'm sure it's been a survival mechanism as well. If someone right next to you gets stabbed in the chest, the average person is going to get the hell out of there; not stand there and mourn over the pain the person that got stabbed is experiencing. At least not until later probably. BTW I'm not a psychologist, this paragraph was almost all just bull**** that I think is happening.

Anyway, Dylan, I don't know you that well, but my heart goes out to you and I hope you can solve your problem man. I don't think it's a bad or creepy problem. To me it even means you might have more humanity than most people out there, including me. DLA had the best advice I've seen, so I'm just gonna second his. I go to a psychologist/psychiatrist, and it helps me a lot when dealing with my emotional AND psychological problems.

INB4 moblin is crazy!!!

Steam

Smash Hero
@moblin- no with queen bees. They like get on her then their back half blows open and their reproductive organs burst out. then they die.

If I was a bee I would want to die a virgin.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Alright, well whatever, Moblin posted it on here, so will I.

And in fact, from a psychological standpoint, I don't believe he's very far off. So don't disregard it even if he does.

Another pysche thing that does apply here is empathy over apathy. Rather, you have an extremely high level of empathy. (I believe I have my terms correct here.) So you feel pain of others, pain of the world a lot more than other people. It's good because you become caring and concerned, but it's bad because it can get to the point of extreme depression, and in many cases of this, suicide. Because the pain is way too much to live with.

Now, yours is slightly different. Since it's more like you fear the pain more than anything. Do you fear it happening to YOU, or that you feel bad for it happening to others. Sounds like both to me.

I don't deal with it, personally. Pain has never been a huge deal to me. Since I was young, I've had extreme injuries of all sort, and I want to give examples but I know that'll affect you GREATLY. I'd say experience is what got me through the empathy of pain for others, and it's never been a big deal otherwise. When I was young, I did a lot of stupid and crazy stuff so yeah...

I'd say start small. Keep watching things that look painful, but real things. No movie BS. Seriously, hit up YouTube and see if you can find videos of people getting owned that'd be hilarious otherwise. I think that'd be a good place for you to being your mental training. Can't get over fears unless you face them head on. And this is one that'll affect you greatly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Moblin is crazy.
he consistently leaves his keys in the car while it's on.

Discuss.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Even when presented with the wildly more casual-friendly option, my roommates still prefer Melee.

wtf & whyyyyyy

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They didn't even like smash balls.

T____T

Also, I'm having my first real drink now! My roommates offered, so I put it in my soft drink from Mcdonalds. ...I don't get why people enjoy this as much as I hear they do.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Correct.

It tastes awful, and I don't even feel anything.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Your roommates sound awesome to me.

If I told everyone to ignore Spelt then it would be redundant, because everyone already does.
( jk <3 you Bryce)

@ Mikezor and Roman: If you come to fishbait's fest next saturday I will be there with a melee set up if you guys wanna smash. I need get rid of all this rust, since I let my GF borrow melee and my GC controller for like 3 months.

Also will there be BB?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just get little bits of this thread because of not regularly checking.

Someone said CO has a negative amount of tourneys; what's that based on? (Besides bad math)

Top Bottom