• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Bloodcross is still undecided between MK and Falco. He has mained Falco for much longer then MK so I'm still noting him as a Falco main. (Who isn't black, wtf.)

Etecoon doesn't place.......So I find that statement rather dull. Hinkage is who I spoke of. He is only good vs Snake.

I SUPPOSE TeeVee has a decent one too, now that I think about it.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bloodcross is still undecided between MK and Falco. He has mained Falco for much longer then MK so I'm still noting him as a Falco main. (Who isn't black, wtf.)

Etecoon doesn't place.......So I find that statement rather dull. Hinkage is who I spoke of. He is only good vs Snake.

I SUPPOSE TeeVee has a decent one too, now that I think about it.
TeeVee's MK is great and I'm sure better than mine. It's weird that Peachkid didn't mention him...and this was recent, so I really dunno.

Anyways, whatevs.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Thing is, TeeVees MK loses to NY/NJ.....And lost a 50 (?) dollar MM vs TOjoe. So if you're worse then TV then you're still not too good.

*shrug* I don't really care though. I was garbo when I played and managed to get on NEs PRs before I moved, so what do I care.

Steam

Smash Hero
Thing is, TeeVees MK loses to NY/NJ.....And lost a 50 (?) dollar MM vs TOjoe. So if you're worse then TV then you're still not too good.

*shrug* I don't really care though. I was garbo when I played and managed to get on NEs PRs before I moved, so what do I care.
Alkaid I knew I recognized your avvytar :3

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Hay guys sorry I missed all the drama, I was busy yesterday.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and go to an OoS national over the summer... I don't know if that'll work out or not.

Peter, sorry, but I do have stuff going on this weekend. Both Friday and Saturday I've got plans with friends, and Sunday's reserved for homework so I'm pretty booked.

I asked my mom about the smashfest 2 weeks from now and she was cool with the idea. I'm gonna run it by my dad now, which'll probably go fine since he's more chill than my mom is. If it does happen I'm gonna have a tourney going on just like at Dylan's house. $5 entry fee, pot divided 60-30-10 to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. I hope it works out and we have a good turnout.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I will definitely make it (well if I can)

Put Peter on my side of the bracket please :)
Preferably early on. Otherwise I'd have to go to losers just to fight him.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yeaaaaa boi~!
Looks like I still gotta chance to go to a tourney. =w=
I'll be there man. Don't pair me up with this tim dood either. ._. I'd like to last more then the first round at my first tourney in CO. ;~;

Underload

Lazy
Peter, sorry, but I do have stuff going on this weekend. Both Friday and Saturday I've got plans with friends, and Sunday's reserved for homework so I'm pretty booked.
It's all good.

Edit: Haha, I forgot I have a concert on that Saturday. I'll definitely come in early and get some good practice in, but I'll have to leave early obv. Just let that be known.

good for you, wait were you that random lucario I knew that wouldn't shut up about being best Lucario in rhode island? :/
First off, I said that as a joke, highlighting the fact that there are no Lucarios in New England. I stopped saying that when PatG moved here, as he was better than me.

Second off, I quit Lucario for Falco.

Third, thank you :D

I beat Peach Kid in tourney. He says that I'm a better MK than all the ones there. Take it or leave it, I dunno.
I shall take that.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Oh by the way, I've been picking up a new main that I'm thinking I'm gonna reveal at the smashfest. :0

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Oh you guys.

And Peter, money match me. Or account match me? Loser closes their account on SWF.

edit: I swear to god Fish it better just be a different color MK. MK is the character for you. He's good. Main him.

Unless it's ICs. That's legit.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i main ICs.
but i'll never reveal them at a tournament/smashfest ever.
until i get a job/license, then maybe.

but still leaning towards never.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
No, I will not use MK/Lucario. I like other characters more than Lucario. That's why I'm trying to learn other characters. I really wish that I was naturally good with any other top tier besides Lucario... fruiobjkals. Meta Knight on the other hand is actually fun to play, and so is this new character that I'm learning. That's why I'm gonna be using both of them during the tourney.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yoshi the way to go.

Ya won't win much at first but you'll get mad props when you do. =w=

Lets see. Top tier and fun to play as. Is it wario or marth?

Steam

Smash Hero
so are you droppin Lucario or not? :/ it's depressing hearing how much you don't like him yet you could be soooooo good with him :/

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Also Sunny (this is from a bunch of pages ago), of course I would care because I want others to get better (if they want to get better). I hope you can get into this scene even if it's not the best. At least it's something. I was in your shoes before and I know how it's like, especially the parents part. lol. I hope things come for the best of ya.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
I'm leaning towards dropping Lucario but I still haven't just cause I'm good with him lol. Anyways, Sunny, you'll find out if you come to the smashfest ;D.

Edit: YES DAVE ATTEND.

Steam

Smash Hero
Fishbait can you teach me how you're magically good or give me your magical skills? If you had the Lucario knowledge I have you could be a top lucario main :/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
awww chunky, your a nice dood. =p
I'll get into the smash scene hopefully soon. Really only reason I wouldn't is if all the smash players were lame, but ya'll seem like good people~! ;3

Ha, yea my folks worry alot. I know there just looking out for me, but i'll try and convince em to let me go to this next smashfest thing.

Thanks for looking our for me man. ;3 I'll try and help anyone that needs it as well.

EDIT: OY STEAMY!
*bows*
Teach me the ways of lucario too. ;~; Lately i've been doing alot better with him then yoshi, which is like, just totally sad. I've been maining yoshi forever and only luca for a few days, but hes proving to be an amazing character. I just never tried him because of how slow he felt. Pretty please with a cherry on top? :3

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm actually really excited to meet Sunny. Actually, CO smash scene looks pretty hopeful right now. I like this a lot. So must Manny. And Bess.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
There was a lot of weak talk on the thread. And when I was about to sum it up hilariously, I read this post:

At least, I read everything important from it... over and over again...

Anyway, back on semi-subject. People trash talk Colorado who haven't visited us/gotten to know us because they believe that a state's worth = Brawl skill.

Everyone who has visited us/gotten to know us love us plenty regardless of skill cause we real tight knit with thatches of love. <3

Bees!

Smash Ace
This Fox thing I'm on is coming from my feeling confident with him in certain MUs, plus I'm just mixing up my game a little (again Bees plz don't laugh at me :( ) and my tournament placings won't suffer even if some people may think so. Yeah I may have gone the wrong way with saying my reason is strictly due to MK bashing, I get the feeling I upset some of you, SORRY!
Dude I was just teasing you! Main whoever you want! All though imo your MK is way better than your Fox and between the better skill and better character aspect you would be wise to at least keep MK as a secondary.

*shrug* I don't really care though.
so what do I care.
And yet here you are! Posting in a thread you don't normally post in. Apathetically making post after post here. lolz

I would just like to say that the amount of apathy being expressed about this topic is strangely disproportionate to the number of posts being made.
I ****ing love you GoldenGlove! you are sooo full of win! I wish Dekar would have come here and tried to make us feel better. They're idea of inspiration is. "You guys are crap you are worthless and your scene is a joke step it up you pieces of **** scrubs" paraphrasing mind you
Anyways, I'm gonna try and go to an OoS national over the summer... I don't know if that'll work out or not.
Come with me to P5!!!! I am going!!!!
Also Fishbait my Smashfest to celebrate my birfdaie /moving into a new house is on the 3rd. Please don't schedule yours then so I end up alone on my first birthday out on my own please T_T

I'm actually really excited to meet Sunny. Actually, CO smash scene looks pretty hopeful right now. I like this a lot. So must Manny. And Bess.
He should come to my smashfest on the 3rd!
HEY SUNNY I AM GOING TO HAVE A SMASHFEST ON THE 3rd of October! Come if you want!

There was a lot of weak talk on the thread. And when I was about to sum it up hilariously, I read this post:

At least, I read everything important from it... over and over again...

Anyway, back on semi-subject. People trash talk Colorado who haven't visited us/gotten to know us because they believe that a state's worth = Brawl skill.

Everyone who has visited us/gotten to know us love us plenty regardless of skill cause we real tight knit with thatches of love. <3
You always sum things up hilariously! I mean really? That is too good. Also I would like to say that I have seen much potential in many of our players if they were to go to oos tourneys and practice more we could have some national level players.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I am tired so If there anything doesn't make sense I will take care of it in the morn

WHO: Colorado Smash Scene :bee:
WHAT: Smashfest(Robots allowed):bee:
WHERE: 581 Laporte Drive Pueblo West, CO 81007
WHY: My Birthday and it would be a present in and of itself if I got to spend my birthday surrounded by awesome people playing a game I love!
WHEN: Sunday, October 3rd. 12:00 p.m. to whenever you feel like leaving

I would need you to bring systems. I have 2 already and if people could come and bring setups it would be appreciated!

right now we have...

2 wiis(Munch,Me)
2 tvs(me)

Also its worth noting that the venue(my house) is 5 minutes from Taco Bell, LoafnJug and WalMart(probably Subway in thar)
But depending on what people want I can get pizzas or something if that is the case

If people have any questions about it or want to RSVP so I know who is coming here is my number
(719)640-1498
Shoot me a text if you can't get a hold of me! Make sure you let me know who you are of course!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey *******s who are just coming into this thread to say you're better than everyone.
Shut the **** up and leave CO alone. They are some of the most chill people I know. They are dealing with a lot of problems right now, yet they manage to stay pretty awesome. I don't give a **** if they are good at a ****ing video game. Hell, I don't care at all. What I ****in care about is the fact that they are all (except Zaj because he won't cut his hair.) great guys.

Also, at least their scene has more than 4 people. (Utah's scene currently is X his brothers and ZZ gashi. )

Top Bottom