• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can get 4 seals on rachel in the corner in a 8 hit combo, no meter/needles/anything special.
At this point i would be more surprised if a character didn't have something gay on rachel. :(

If carl wants to time me out all he has to do is keep nirvana in front of him activated and there's basically nothing i can do to get passed it.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
@Zajice Makoto comes out on the 5th

Also with the tauntloops you want to 214D WAIT until you think it'll miss then 2D~B

EDIT:

And I stand corrected, Makoto is out NOW.

afk makoto for rest of day.

EDIT2:

She's out on XBL, not PSN

Edit3:

Actually I don't know if she's out on PSN or not, but either way.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Blah. I'm done with Lambda until I get my stick. My controller isn't registering dash cancels at all and I have to input 214789 to even get a grounded Crescent Saber, and most of the time i accidently go to 6 and end up getting her super.

Time to fool around with other characters.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Blah. I'm done with Lambda until I get my stick. My controller isn't registering dash cancels at all and I have to input 214789 to even get a grounded Crescent Saber, and most of the time i accidently go to 6 and end up getting her super.

Time to fool around with other characters.
tranz i hope you haven't ordered ur stick yet, madcatz is running a deal where you can get a round2 TE stick for only 100$ with free shipping. IT only last until aug 10th. Go here for more info. They also have specials on their other sticks like 20 30% off.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/8-2-8-10-...0-30%-fightsticks-$100-f-s-round-2-te-246191/

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
YANG! Brandon (viperskwa) wanted me to ask you if you wanted to team for the ut3 tournament happening at Supercon if you were going PC side as well.

Viperskwa was the person you completely demolished at SPLAT.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The new backroom ruleset just came out today. It's freaky.

Recommended Stage List:

The below Starter/Counter list has a list of three stages, followed by three sections of two stages each. In order to use this, start with the top three stages in the list, and adjust the starter list between 3 and 9 stages by going down the list and adding the next two stages until the desired number of stages is reached. Keep in mind that "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium" is a correct use of this, but "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination" is not. Go down the list; do not mix and match. Any remaining stages not used in the Starter list will be moved to the tournament's Counter list.

The Counterpick list is a list of stages that should be universally allowed as legal Counterpick stages.

The Counter/Banned list is a list of stages that may be allowed as a legal Counterpick stage or banned from tournament play based on the tournament organizer's discretion.

The Banned list is a list of stages that should be universally banned from tournament play.

Starter/Counter

• Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Smashville

• Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium

• Final Destination
  • Castle Siege

• Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd

Counterpick
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Norfair
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Distant Planet
  • Pictochat
  • Jungle Japes
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Green Greens
  • Brinstar

Counter/Banned
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
  • Pirate Ship

Banned
  • Mushroomy Kingdom 1
  • Mushroomy Kingdom 2
  • Mario Circuit
  • Rumble Falls
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Spear Pillar
  • Wario Ware
  • New Pork City
  • Summit
  • Skyworld
  • 75m
  • Mario Bros.
  • Flat Zone 2
  • Hanenbow
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Temple
  • Onett
  • Corneria
  • Big Blue
I never even considered Port Town. It's like a new stage just got added to the game. This is the happiest day of me life. :cry:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I 100% stand by my post in that thread.

I would appreciate that supercon not honor many of these stages, especially Distant Planet.

Bees!

Smash Ace
My response sort of in emoticons...
Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Recommended Stage List:

The below Starter/Counter list has a list of three stages, followed by three sections of two stages each. In order to use this, start with the top three stages in the list, and adjust the starter list between 3 and 9 stages by going down the list and adding the next two stages until the desired number of stages is reached. Keep in mind that "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium" is a correct use of this, but "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination" is not. Go down the list; do not mix and match. Any remaining stages not used in the Starter list will be moved to the tournament's Counter list.

The Counterpick list is a list of stages that should be universally allowed as legal Counterpick stages.

The Counter/Banned list is a list of stages that may be allowed as a legal Counterpick stage or banned from tournament play based on the tournament organizer's discretion.

The Banned list is a list of stages that should be universally banned from tournament play.

Starter/Counter

• Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Smashville

• Lylat Cruise :confused:
  • Pokémon Stadium

• Final Destination :confused:
  • Castle Siege

• Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd

Counterpick
  • Luigi's Mansion :ohwell:
  • Norfair :bee:
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pokémon Stadium 2 :confused:
  • Port Town Aero Dive :urg:
  • Distant Planet :confused:
  • Pictochat
  • Jungle Japes
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Green Greens :(
  • Brinstar

Counter/Banned
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
  • Pirate Ship

Banned
  • Mushroomy Kingdom 1
  • Mushroomy Kingdom 2
  • Mario Circuit
  • Rumble Falls
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Spear Pillar
  • Wario Ware
  • New Pork City
  • Summit
  • Skyworld
  • 75m
  • Mario Bros.
  • Flat Zone 2
  • Hanenbow
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Temple
  • Onett
  • Corneria
  • Big Blue

Notes

This ruleset is the recommendation of the Brawl Back Room for how to run competitive Super Smash Brothers: Brawl tournaments. We do not condemn TOs for holding tournaments with alternative or even noncompetitive rulesets. It was through experimentation and open but critical thinking that we reached these recommendations, and we encourage TOs to continue the search for improvements and novelties.

However, there are rules which, after debate, we do not recommend for competitive tournaments:

• Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites.

• The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

• I wonder...do swallowcides go towards the bowser claw rule? what about ganon's choke slam?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's wacky and I love it. The BBR is gonna get a ton of **** though.

But yea, let's not do Luigi's, Green Greens, or Distant Planet.

WE'RE PLAYING PORT TOWN THOUGH :mad:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Bees, I think the starters was the most legitimately smartest decision they made. FD has always been really polarizing considering it as a "neutral", so moving it down makes a lot of sense.

Pokemon Stadium 2 is fine and has always been fine.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how I feel about the starters. Makes me wonder if Greg will change the rules on us (again) for Brawl.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
YANG! Brandon (viperskwa) wanted me to ask you if you wanted to team for the ut3 tournament happening at Supercon if you were going PC side as well.

Viperskwa was the person you completely demolished at SPLAT.
i don't think i'm going to supercon....i don't even think there will be that many people for the pc section, so far only 5 people signed up for the pc section 0 for ut3

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
No distant planet. I don't care what reasoning they have.

And I LOVED besse's post. I lol'd a lot and stuff.

BBR members are either ******** or are trying to get MK banned, so still ********.
We will NOT be using this ruleset for supercon and I will do whatever I can to make this so.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I agree.

It would be really really great for public relations if this was not adopted for Supercon.

Steam

Smash Hero
New SBR ruleset. Green greens, Distant planet, Port town aero dive, Pokemon stadium 2, and luigi's mansion are CPs. FD is no longer a neutral. and there's no more ledge grab limit. I think SBR is trying to ban MK too hard.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Roman's Uber Aweseme Waffle Party!!!

Since Tim doesn't know if he wants to host tonight Roman says he will. Bring setups if you can. If anyone has a waffle iron bring that too XD

Ferdi/Yang - if you guys wanna marvel or BlazeBlue you should bring a setup.

Everyone - seriously someone bring another setup including a TV if you can!!!

I'll be arriving there around 7:00 PM. That is all...

But seriously, "Bring a waffle iron, butter, and maple story." - Roman

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
That ruleset is garbage.

Yeah, I'm not feeling up to hosting, I'm pretty out of it at the moment. Little sleep and kinda sick =/

Makoto can parry like jam, what the ****.

Steam

Smash Hero
please don't make YI melee legal. If I don't ban it people can just go D3 and walk off Lucario apparently. and not getting grabbed is lol against D3 :I

god why on earth are some of these stages even considered. I thought I'd lost enough faith in the BBR after seeing their discussion thread on Lucario.

Top Bottom