• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Underload

Lazy
A lot more people play LoL than HoN, honestly. It's just that you're not hearing about all the LoL. :/

...Hell, I don't even know what either of those games are, I've just heard the names everywhere.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
So does HoN dominate the Colorado DotA-esque game scene? I play LoL but only because when I started, Louisiana was all about the LoL. Would make me sad if you all play HoN. I don't feel like learning all those items now that I know all LoL's ****. lol
Well among the smashers, the majority play LoL.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
@Yang - Kaialynn.

I'm like 1570ish psr but have played in the 1650+ bracket before. let's play sometime

@Sudai - I thought i was the only HoN player here in Colorado.

@Underload - i thought about tranzfest while taking care of some of my ****. ill talk to the rents and let you know in the next few days

Sudai

Stuff here
Well that's cool. I don't play much LoL anymore really, but if anyone wants to add me, IGN = Sudai.

I've wanted to learn Blaz Blue since before it came out (GG hoooo!) but no one near me bought it so I never bothered. Should prolly have some BB at that random Springs smashfest? :]

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I've wanted to learn Blaz Blue since before it came out (GG hoooo!) but no one near me bought it so I never bothered. Should prolly have some BB at that random Springs smashfest? :]
Random? I feel so hurt, since it's the most regular smashfest that goes on here in Colorado T_T. It was started by a couple of friends and I in March 2009. Now, Bess and I lead it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Random? I feel so hurt, since it's the most regular smashfest that goes on here in Colorado T_T. It was started by a couple of friends and I in March 2009. Now, Bess and I lead it.
I mean, I don't live there (yet) and I tend not to lurk this thread much yet, so sorry? Don't feel hurt, I'm just ignorant of the scene. Haha.

Bees!

Smash Ace
If you are interested it would be great. If I can get a Diddy player excited about picking up ROB maybe I can get you excited about using him again. :D

Sudai

Stuff here
Cloud, me and Eric were planning to leave here like..the 17th of July, but that date has since been pushed up to July 8th (my BDay. It's a present to myself. Ahah).

As for the Brawl thing. Like, I dunno. I might play. If I do, though, it's prolly gonna be a lot of MK. lol. I still play when I get really bored so you guys have a chance. :p

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
just got my schedule this week, I work saturday FML!, I was thinking of going down to the springs fest this friday since I want to play smash really badly......

and thats like the only day off I have this week......

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
just got my schedule this week, I work saturday FML!, I was thinking of going down to the springs fest this friday since I want to play smash really badly......

and thats like the only day off I have this week......
Go request Saturday, the 24th of July off!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Cloud, me and Eric were planning to leave here like..the 17th of July, but that date has since been pushed up to July 8th (my BDay. It's a present to myself. Ahah).

As for the Brawl thing. Like, I dunno. I might play. If I do, though, it's prolly gonna be a lot of MK. lol. I still play when I get really bored so you guys have a chance. :p
Sounds good. I like a lot of MK(since we don't see it much here in Colorado)

inb4dylansImainMKnowreminderandlvlzerosayingwhataboutme?

Also Dave will be in the Springs the weekend I am on vacation

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Here is the full list of all SuperCon 2010 seeding qualifiers from Colorado Cutthroat http://bit.ly/crhccM Congrats to all!!

We will have all the other seeding qualifiers from the other NVGA chapters soon!!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ferdi, you should PM halfro on efl and ask him if he can do that. I know he charges $40 to dual mod to cover supplies, but I think he knows how to tri-mod. But yeah, ask him there.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
So here are the specifics now of the July 24th.

(cut and pasted)

There is no official tournament being hosted during July as far as I know. So it's time to crack down and get in one last tournament before we reach SuperCon.

Introducing...

Zournament
Z's House Tournament​

Let's have one final tournament before SuperCon. Time to step up and see how we all can improved as a state. Come here, play, compete, point out someone's repetition, and become better!

Everything right now can be negotiated. Please comment on the wall so others may see and comment as well.

Also, if you need a ride, please comment. If need be, I'll go up and pick you up if you absolutely have no ride at all.

Costs:
Venue Fee: FREE! **** $20 venue fees!
Teams: $20 per team, $10 per person
Singles: $10 per person
Payment: 60/30/10. If less than 8 entrances, then winner take all.
:mad: There better not be less than 8 in Brawl Singles :mad:

Tentative Schedule:
12:00 - 1:00 -------- Warm up
1:00 - 3:00 -------- SSBB Teams
3:00 - 6:00 -------- SSBB Singles
6:00 - 9:00 -------- Overflow Time, Side Events, Money Matches

Side Events:
Melee Singles
- $5 pot fee. 60/30/10 split unless less than 8. Then winner take all.

Melee Ditto Teams
- Bragging rights!

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
- Deciding on pot fee or just bragging rights. Will probably just be bragging rights.

Other Things:
- Please, no drugs! No alcohol! Cigarettes are fine, just as long as it's not in the house.
- There will be snacks and drinks provided, courtesy of all the donations from previous Z-fests.
- There will also be pizza as actual food.
- Setups will be needed. Bringing a TV and/or Wii that will be used will net you pizza.
- Any donations are appreciated. Any donations made will net you pizza.
- Since this is a large house, we will only be occupying the basement.
- Instead of actually walking up and ringing the doorbell, I will have signs that lead to the back of the house. Follow the grass and enter the basement instead.

For detailed rules, see the Facebook page. Also, pease RSVP on the Facebook Event Page. It'll make it much easier on all of us (me especially) to see who is going.

Zournament Results
Click Here!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Underload, it's better than popping it on your guys in 3 days or less.

You know, if you wanted a ride to everything and ****, just don't say "I need a ride" and hope that people will offer. Ask specific people so you can get a definite answer. If you actually asked me when I was going to tournaments/events, I wouldn't mind picking you up. Just understand that if you go with me, you know I bring a lot of equipment, so it takes longer to depart than the others. At the EFL thing, it was a huge turn off that you were rushing me :/

Top Bottom