• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, for those who don't know Cutthroat is running the game room for the up and coming anime convention Wasabi 2010. With that in mind we will be hosting tournaments at this event. To get more information on the event go here:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatWasabi.php

As always one of the games that we will be hosting a tournament for will be Smash Bros. Brawl. This will be different then are normal events where Smash will be a Free for all (4 people at a time for those who don't know) with the top two moving on. We are still deciding on prizes so we will keep you updated for prizes on all the tournaments.

Make sure you buy you pass online to say some money but overall the game room is 24 hours thus gaming all day on all night from Friday starting at 12noon to Sunday at 5:00pm. If you are an anime lover this is the place to be!!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, for those who don't know Cutthroat is running the game room for the up and coming anime convention Wasabi 2010. With that in mind we will be hosting tournaments at this event. To get more information on the event go here:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatWasabi.php

As always one of the games that we will be hosting a tournament for will be Smash Bros. Brawl. This will be different then are normal events where Smash will be a Free for all (4 people at a time for those who don't know) with the top two moving on. We are still deciding on prizes so we will keep you updated for prizes on all the tournaments.

Make sure you buy you pass online to say some money but overall the game room is 24 hours thus gaming all day on all night from Friday starting at 12noon to Sunday at 5:00pm. If you are an anime lover this is the place to be!!
Wait I am confused the Animeland Wasabi tourney is going to be a FFA? :/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
dunn dunn dunn
Another one bites the dust.

Hoo hoo hoo!

Also I beat Final Fantasy VI! Praise me!
Supertight game. :D :D :D

locke maxed speed, max evasion, paladin shield valiant knife
relm, best mage in game... nuff said
gau, broken character maybe best in game not sure
terra, light bringer tank hor
Gau's alright, but you don't really need him if you're not doing a solo low level character challenge. He's definitely the best to solo w/, tho. Def not best, tho. Even Cyan with the thing that give4s him multi-hits is better, once you max shiz out.

If you're suddenly gonna go all MK on to get #1 then I don't think getting #1 is gonna happen. Dave's G&W..and G&W vs MK.. g-good luck with that ^_^ '
Why isn't MK vs GaW as bad as Marth vs GaW?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
The general concencus is that Marth is harder for GaW the MK is.

Marth's fair is the the main reason. With proper spacing, there is literally no way for GaW to get in. Perfectly spaced turtle gives him a chance, but that still takes a mistake in spacing.
GaW shouldn't be landing smashes on Marth. He has too many tools to get around the setups. GaW just has a lot of trouble overall. Marth, unlike a lot of characters, can safely punish GaW's smashes with Dancing blade as well.

MK is MK. That's pretty much his thing in this MU. His 2 moves that shut down GaW are Ftilt and Dair. Both position MK in a way that he shouldn't be getting hit. UpB used to be considered *****, but especially vs GaW, it gets ***** on shield.

Both are hard MU's, but Marth wins the harder MU (in theory) purely based on Fair.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What's the info for this Saturday?

Time/Address/Cost por favor.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The general concencus is that Marth is harder for GaW the MK is.

Marth's fair is the the main reason. With proper spacing, there is literally no way for GaW to get in. Perfectly spaced turtle gives him a chance, but that still takes a mistake in spacing.
GaW shouldn't be landing smashes on Marth. He has too many tools to get around the setups. GaW just has a lot of trouble overall. Marth, unlike a lot of characters, can safely punish GaW's smashes with Dancing blade as well.

MK is MK. That's pretty much his thing in this MU. His 2 moves that shut down GaW are Ftilt and Dair. Both position MK in a way that he shouldn't be getting hit. UpB used to be considered *****, but especially vs GaW, it gets ***** on shield.

Both are hard MU's, but Marth wins the harder MU (in theory) purely based on Fair.
Just to clarify a few misconceptions.

G&W's bair is longer, reaches farther, than Marth's fair. Also, G&W can easily get in with his own fair (I know it sounds weird, but it's true). The MAIN problem with this matchup is Marth's UpB Out-of-Shield. Marth can simply camp shield and win. Whenever G&W hits the shield with a multi-hit or laggy aerial (pretty much his whole move set) then Marth simply UpBs and hits him.

Secondly, Marth controls the ground can in the matchup with dtilt. Marths dtilt outranges any of G&W's ground moves (similar to MK's ftilt, but slightly harder to use). This, therefore, effectively forces G&W to fight in the air... which we've already discussed is bad because of Marth's UpB.

And I agree with you 100% word for word about MK. Spot on!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
K you got me. I have no idea about Marth lol

Saturday...gadamit Meno pay attention!

12-6 in the Library of Niwot High School
8989 Niwot Road
Niwot, Colorado, 80503

Smashfest at my house after! Money matches!

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
he didn't kill everybody! it was like a figure of speech, it wasn't the end of the show and gnw was standing champion nnooooooo

theres way more worse spoilers than saying gnw was rampaging

Top Bottom