• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
Whatever happened to pick what you enjoy playing. I mean ya I play to win mind you. But I just wuv Kirby and R.O.B. they are awesomely cool, cute and amazing. Sorry had a lovey-dovey moment. Disregard the last statement. Well as for me I'm off. Maybe Dekar won't be busy sometime else while he is here. I will be able to go tomorrow if he is up. If not I wouldn't mind smashing with some of the coolest people I know (aka Colorado Smashers.)

Underload

Lazy
Regarding that top tier video, after watching it I thought just a tiiiiiny bit.

Ranbat 2 results:
1. Tim (Wario all day)
2. DTL (Let's face it, it was his MK that got him that far, especially past me)
3. Me (Smake)

Top 3 characters in the game took the top 3 spots. Mind blown.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Marth > Wario
Marth = or > Snake
Man

It must be nice, winning all those tournaments, no matter what state you live in.

Teach me how to spam sideb, plz

EDIT:

That vid pretty much explains why I've started tier whoring. Got annoyed with outperforming people, only to have some BS happen to me. =(

Also, he was talkin' aboot CapCom games, where tiers are pretty much everything, less you're japanese.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Anyone up for Smash today? I have an appointment for plasma donation at 12:00 but after that my schedule is open all day. If anyone wants to play some Brawl text me. 719 640 1498. Anything barring 2 hour drives. (For now anyways.)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hrm. Well, since Flux is an ***, I need a partner for Holiday Bash. Any takers?
I don't think I have a partner. Let me ask Meno because if he is teaming with JCVD, I will team with you. We can do the bearded awesomeness (Snake+Kirby=Ownage)

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I'm not an *** i would team with Dave because that was our orginal plan at the last tourney I went to but then I ****ed it in the *** so yeah REDEMPTION

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
FoCo Smashfest

When? Monday at 1pm.

How Long? Who knows?

Where: TC's house. I will post directions here. It is going to be a continual thing. We appreciate it if you can make the first one though. If you can't though, next time is there.

Most have school off this week. We hop you can make it.

TC and I played long hours last night, he taught me some things I am doing wrong with Pika, he showed me the power of the Falco. The last stock of the last match was edge of your seat action :D

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Good smashfest at Tim's yesterday. and Dekar sucks for making my girlfriend concerned about my sexuality because of his rogue text. lol.

I'm seriously tier whoring in any game I play now though

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
UL: I played Tink more than anyone else. I used MK to get to through you and Bees, but I couldn't have done what I did in GFs without Toon Link. I play Tink more and us MK as a SECONDARY. I admit I needed him for you, but it was no more a MK victory than a Tink one.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Even with all that lag, Ganon's fair is largely safe on shield because of the ridiculous distance it pushes the other character backwards when it hits it.

I've never been punished for a fair that I've landed on a shield, ex-powershielded.

Problem is most people A) hit the slow ****er out of the air during the startup or B) spotdodge one of the most choreographed moves in the game.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
Dude link's AT's are so vast and so many and has tight timing XD One Day! One day I will do DAC up bomb toss to backthrow into my bomb. I found with metaknight you can jump down bomb throw to Dair combo. 3 of those KO him rofl. GL getting it off though. MK's fair make me cry.

Underload

Lazy
Oh, hey, Atrix, you might want to consider rescheduling the fest. You honestly won't get many people on a Monday.

But if it really is your only option, then maybe a few NorCo guys will show up later. Up to you.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Good smashfest at Tim's yesterday. and Dekar sucks for making my girlfriend concerned about my sexuality because of his rogue text. lol.

I'm seriously tier whoring in any game I play now though
I tier ***** every game cept I usually play the high tier and not top tier rofl

Dekar173

Justice Man
Brawl's more fun when you don't play Ganon.

Playing Ganon as compared to most high tiered characters is like running underwater... It's just no fun.

Unless if you're winning a money match as Ganon. Then it's like a meth high, you need more. So I suppose I see why you've stuck with him for so long.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, fun stuff everyone, now I'm so freaking tired.

Don't lie Moblin, next time I see you, it will be Ganon again >.>

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, fun stuff everyone, now I'm so freaking tired.

Don't lie Moblin, next time I see you, it will be Ganon again >.>
After I left, I went and played CoD for another 8 hours at someone's house. Then I went home and played Dragon Age until about midnight. Now I'm up and headed to the airport.

I'll see how I feel about Ganondorf after vacation

I just don't like Brawl so much to warrant playing a character whose playstyle annoys me, which is almost all of the high tiers. Actually, Brawl's playstyle in general annoys me. ****....

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dude link's AT's are so vast and so many and has tight timing XD One Day! One day I will do DAC up bomb toss to backthrow into my bomb. I found with metaknight you can jump down bomb throw to Dair combo. 3 of those KO him rofl. GL getting it off though. MK's fair make me cry.
Then falco taps 'B' once and all your hard work is ruined.:urg:

I just don't like Brawl so much to warrant playing a character whose playstyle annoys me, which is almost all of the high tiers. Actually, Brawl's playstyle in general annoys me. ****....
agree.

I'm looking for a partner for the C3 holiday bash thing. 'Link main here, so don't do it if you are serious about placing high.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
Atrix: I would LOVE to come. I'll try my hardest.

If it's not TOO far I'll be allowed to try. Otherwise I'll hitch...lol
Oh, hey, Atrix, you might want to consider rescheduling the fest. You honestly won't get many people on a Monday.

But if it really is your only option, then maybe a few NorCo guys will show up later. Up to you.
Right on :) We can't really move the time, TC's schedule. I will get one together on a Sat night or something here soon.

We intend for these to be pretty often so they're accessable.

Can't wait to see ya there DTL :)

F-tilt is scarier. Trust me.
I believe you :O

Then falco taps 'B' once and all your hard work is ruined.:urg:

agree.

I'm looking for a partner for the C3 holiday bash thing. 'Link main here, so don't do it if you are serious about placing high.
Hilariously there are a few matchups Link does well at, at least according to some.

It improves my Marth Game over pikachu which is my worst matchup with my main.
Pika enjoys 50:50 or better matchups on all but a few. And better on Falco. I agree though if I am serious I should only play top tier. Or have an alt that took care of any bad matchups. But when it comes down to it, I am still learning the meta game and tournament level play, and it is better to do that on a char I know and love. But that isn't fun is it? :D Remember matchups change too :) I guess I prefer to have faith in myself while trying my derndist to get good and have fun. While I do not do it now I might eventually alt DDD or MK or something. I need to be a good Link player tho. It drives me to be better :)

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Who wants to team with meeeeeeee?

I promise I'll come this time. I saved up a bit of monnies. : D

Top Bottom