• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

MissionxStar

Smash Rookie
I appreciate it Z, I just hope you don't get into trouble. Regardless, I'm going to be doing my best to make an appearance at Ranbat 2. Even if it is only to do friendlies. :urg: I need to finish raking the leaves in the backyard so I can get a possible $20. I'll also do my best to represent The Springs ,although I think BEES has that covered. :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The reason why the singles entry fee was raised from $5 to $10 was to attract OOS players to come. The ratio of money they paid to enter the tourney compared to what went into the pot was unattractive to most. If they just wanted to enter singles and paid at the door, they paid $20. If 20 people are in the tourney, 1st gets $60, 2nd gets $30, 3rd gets $10. So first and second combined made $50 of profit, which isn't an amount that would draw people from a distance. That amount covers the gas to Grand Junction. With the $10 pot fee, this changes to $130 for 1st and 2nd, and 3rd comes out even instead of losing money. The best scenario would be the venue fee going back down to $10, but that seems unlikely.

And if you ditch me for doubles, UL, love is over.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
the venue fee is 15$ if u pay at the door and 10$ if u pay by tonight cause pre-reg ends tonight. but i think it should be 10 regardless if u pre-reg or not, especially since some people don't have paypal.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
the venue fee is 15$ if u pay at the door and 10$ if u pay by tonight cause pre-reg ends tonight. but i think it should be 10 regardless if u pre-reg or not, especially since some people don't have paypal.
Yeah, paying at the door for the venue is $15. If you pre-reg tonight, the venue fee is only $10.

So keep it at $10 for the Brawl Singles? Trying to get a consensus.

Underload

Lazy
I don't think there's any way the venue fee is going down to $10.

Singles @ $10 seems fair enough.
But teams should be $5 per person, which is $10 per team. I'm pretty sure that it's $20 per team right now, which seems like way too much.

And a free Melee tourney would get more entrants, but all the good Melee players are going to say otherwise.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So...

$15 Venue fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles

$35 total...?

I don't think I can afford to do doubles. Oh, jeez. :urg:

Bees!

Smash Ace
Don't know if I can do doubles either. DTL I will text you tomorrow and let you know after I donate blood for tourney money. Apparently teams is $10 per person, not per team. I thought Flux and I only payed 5 each last Ranbat.... >_>

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Cloud, I would love if you paid for me. I WILL pay you back there. Full homo.

Bees, if you and UL don't do, I could team with Tim, but I really wanna team with you, so I'm crossing my fingers.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I like how these kids are talking about the NVGA events like I'm not the one that can decide things. lololol

Unfortunately, the one thing I don't have a say over (venue) is the one thing that I have a HUGE issue with. I'll be bringing that and a few other things up on Saturday.

Btw, Heibrahi, need a ride?

I say we give Melee a test-run. Rafa/almost every good player that's not me or Nite prolly won't show up for Melee, regardless of price, due to the insane venue fee, so maybe we can try holding one for $1 entry? Or $2-3. Having one for free is kinda gay, and really won't happen, as there's no point when you could just play the best players in friendlies instead. You want people to try, you gotta put money on the line.

That and I'm dying to see how well Yang/Nite/other people do nowadays, if'n the bigwigs aren't there to shut them down. If'n Ferdi comes, he should just be like... a boss or something. Anyone at Nite/Yang/Kenny/My level or lower should be good to go. If things go well, maybe we can start having an amatuer and "pro" bracket, to encourage youse kiddies to get into sumdat Melee. Winner of amateur gets however much $, and free pass into pro bracket. Same as we were gonna do with Brawl, only it could actually work.

That's why I asked the question. Somehow, the price went up $5 to a total of $10 for even Brawl Singles. Very much BS in my opinion. When I brought this up to Greg, he told me that it has always been that. I keep thinking, "No it hasn't", but I don't want to question my employer...

I asked him when this happened and who decided this, and he responded that it was always that way and the Brawl Community decided this, and cited two people in general. I'm going to ask them about this and see what the hell is going on. I'm sure there was a huge miscommunication, but I'm taking it upon myself to see if I can get it back down to $5.
Brawl singles have been $10 for a loooooooooong time. Pot fee should match or be greater than any one day event's venue fee, imho, or you're just getting ripped off, ya know?

The venue fee needs to go down. Honestly, I'm wondering how well competitive smash is fitting into the new NVGA gameplan. Don't get me wrong, the last Brawl tournament was well done (ty, Nite!), but we were a lot more fired up back when there was no venue fee and we had a lot of house tournaments. C3 events were the "BIG" events that people put their all into, instead of being the only events.

Greg's not going to get any at-the-door registration with a $15 venue fee, honestly. I'll be talking to him about that.

I think teams should always be $20/team, but that's because I've won/placed well in teams before, only to get like... $20 out of it because we had to split it.

Underload

Lazy
Nite, you should team with Tony again. You guys were good together at Supercon.

Also, does Top 2 get paid in doubles? 3? Because if I get at least 10 dollars from that, I'll be able to enter singles. Here's lookin' at you, Tim. Do work.

And TONY. Get to the venue a tiny bit early and play me in Melee + Brawl, I need a habit-check on both.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
So...

$15 Venue fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles

$35 total...?

I don't think I can afford to do doubles. Oh, jeez. :urg:
It's alright if you can't enter doubles. I sort of just wanted to go so I could play casuals with people and stuff anyway.

I'm not entirely sure I'd have enough to enter teams if it was 10 each anyway. I was under the impression it was 5 each.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
It's alright if you can't enter doubles. I sort of just wanted to go so I could play casuals with people and stuff anyway.

I'm not entirely sure I'd have enough to enter teams if it was 10 each anyway. I was under the impression it was 5 each.
=O omg we can be double snake xD

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
The music choice that mikeHAZE made makes me wonder if he was high when he made this. The music sounds like something someone would listen to if they were high. O.o
Hahahaha His name is mikeHAZE
If that doesn't give it away that he was i don't know what does xD

MissionxStar

Smash Rookie
Hahahaha His name is mikeHAZE
If that doesn't give it away that he was i don't know what does xD
I realize this, but that doesn't mean he's high all the time does it? I'd be worried if someone was that addicted. O.O On a different note, I've officially run out of space on my Ipod. What shall I do now? D: Oh well, I likes meh music.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Whaaaaat? He was like the person with the most hype in the tivoli when he came
Who would worry when someone is that happy with his life?

Top Bottom