• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Flux

Smash Rookie
Me and my friend have just started getting serious in smash and we were wondering if thee were any players near the DU area. If any of you are near us call this number 303-588-4016 or On Aim at XBlueAvengerX or RedX12V.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Will do. I'd suggest coming to the tournament we're holding this weekend, just to meet the community. It's about 30 or so minutes from you (I think... can't remember for sure), so travel time shouldn't be too bad. Most of CO's top players will be there (the top 6 for sure), as well as some of Utah's top players, one of the top 40 players in the nation, and other highly-skilled players from AZ.

Soooooo........ come!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Flux said:
Me and my friend have just started getting serious in smash and we were wondering if thee were any players near the DU area. If any of you are near us call this number 303-588-4016 or On Aim at XBlueAvengerX or RedX12V.
YES MORE N00BS TO MAKE CO A BIGGER N00B STATE!!! you guys want to money match me!?!?

the Marronator

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Will do. I'd suggest coming to the tournament we're holding this weekend, just to meet the community. It's about 30 or so minutes from you (I think... can't remember for sure), so travel time shouldn't be too bad. Most of CO's top players will be there (the top 6 for sure), as well as some of Utah's top players, one of the top 40 players in the nation, and other highly-skilled players from AZ.

Soooooo........ come!
Everyone exept me ;_;

I'm going to leave soon so I'm just going to say hope you guys have fun and I'll see everyone after my trip!

_Red

Smash Rookie
hey guys im new my friend posted last time, ive veen to a cupl mlg turni's, well hit me uhere in CO, AIM me at RedX12v, or call me at 303-588-4016, my name is josh by the way

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Haha, Textbook. No offense, but unless the mechanics have been completely revamped, you're gonna be kinda screwed when Brawl comes out.

And David, they would have totally ***** you, no joke. You ~might~ have been able to beat Trent (not by much), and maybe Rob (my Peach apparently sucks against ICs... I lost to Erg's, and he doesn't even play them). Taj is too much, period. His m2 is sex on a stick.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
His mewtwo isn't too bad actually. it's painfully obvious when he's going to try and get you with numerous d-tilts, and if you throw a projectile, he'll teleport behind you if within range. His grab-game is pretty crazy, though, as well as his shadowball skills. I didn't do that bad against it, at least I never got 4-stocked, but still ***** (but not anally).

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Bloshi said:
His mewtwo isn't too bad actually. it's painfully obvious when he's going to try and get you with numerous d-tilts, and if you throw a projectile, he'll teleport behind you if within range. His grab-game is pretty crazy, though, as well as his shadowball skills. I didn't do that bad against it, at least I never got 4-stocked, but still ***** (but not anally).
Ben...losing to M2 IS anal ****

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I'm going to cosmetically modify my controller. I'll keep you updated on how it goes (just bought a tri-wing screwdriver off of e-bay today). My question is this: How many people would be interested in me pimpin' out their controllers?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
spiritdragon said:
Ben...losing to M2 IS anal ****
No it's not. Mewtwo isn't bad at all, just nobody knows how to use him well. Besides, none of his other characters 4-stocked me either, so I doubt it's a tier thing. You people really got to get rid of the idea that there are "total crap" characters in this game, cuz there aren't, just some with different, more exploitable strengths.

I would let you modify my controller Tony, as long as you give me a refund if you break it. Not that I'm saying you would or anything!
How much would the operation cost?

...Hmmmmmmm, I better start thinking about colors...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, we'll see how it goes. I bought primer and finish, as well as some discount paint. If this configuration works, then I'd estimate ~$4 per colour, $2 for additional fees (sandpaper, more primer when I run out, etc), and then I dunno how much for service charge. Depends on how much I like doing this, and how well I do it. Still, I will buy you a brand new one if I mess it up when I go to mod it. However, that means I need to check and see if it works before hand as well. Once I get REALLY good at it, I'll even hand-paint designs on it (dragons, scenery, etc), but I believe that THAT is a long ways away.

Still, I'm totally stoked to see how this will go. Here's to hoping!

P.S. Ben, it's a pain to 4 stock Yoshi unless you're ICs or Sheik. Honestly, the dinosaur should be in gay tier, for being so amazingly good at being a jerk. Still, he's so much fun to play as.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
You're not the only one to take a business opportunity look at this controller deal. My friend and I have been making plans to do the same sort of thing. It really is a great idea, and trust me, it would be very hard to break someone's controller doing this. That plus its not very expensive to do.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Bloshi said:
No it's not. Mewtwo isn't bad at all, just nobody knows how to use him well. Besides, none of his other characters 4-stocked me either, so I doubt it's a tier thing. You people really got to get rid of the idea that there are "total crap" characters in this game, cuz there aren't, just some with different, more exploitable strengths.
Nobody said mewtwo was bad or that there are some "total crap" chars that sucks. It's just u have to understand that M2 or pichu does not win Mlgs tourneys.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
K, so far it's going fairly well. I'd tack an extra $1 or so to the extra materials fee, because this is using much more sandpaper than I thought it would. Once it's finished, I'll let you guys know how much it should be, total.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Taj278 said:
If you want me to 4 stock you with Mewtwo, I'll be more than happy to.
lol.

So Colorado players...I'm in the process of starting to do a little research on hosting a huge tourney at the University of Arizona. I say huge because I'd be sure to attract all those noobs from the university who think they are good at the game but are in for a rude awakening because they aren't on smashboards. I'd guarantee it'd be a huge turnout; I'm sure I can count on the Phoenix crew who came to your recent tourney and anyone else from Phoenix as well as Sierra Vista to show assuming I can get a date in which everyone is ok with. Something I'd like you guys to keep in the back of your minds if and only if this actually goes through. We had some of AZ's best go to your tourney; I'd like to see some of you guys make it down here as well. Something to think about while I try to see what I can do about it.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Taj278 said:
If you want me to 4 stock you with Mewtwo, I'll be more than happy to.
Of course I want you to 4-stock me with Mewtwo! That would be awesome! I would love to see Mewtwo played well in the right hands. If what you did to me was a held-back sissified version, then for shame.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I seriously hope that AZ was sandbagging hardcore that whole time. Otherwise, pros aren't as intimidating as I thought they would be. Though that would be really disappointing, considering we housed 'em and all that jazz. ;_;

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean we nyuga
bloshi dont take this in a bad way but you suck you are **** compared to Taj or Chaos or Blind and dont pitty anyone cause he can probably 4 stock you with yoshi stop being a douche bag you're not even that good and stop spamming

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Hey... uh... Chap? Didn't Ben do better than you? I ~could~ be wrong, of course... but I'm pretty sure he did better than you.
Hey Tony, didn't you do better than me?

Top Bottom