• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Random comments about skill level and tourney play...

Hey guys, don't forget, Tony did better than me too XD And Tony, i don't think AZ was sandbaggin the whole time. And you did get ***** by Taj's fox if i'm not mistaken lol. Taj's fox and marth are his best and he didn't play them that much at all. And pro's, well, they shouldn't be intimidating cause they're just players like us who are a hell of a lot better. I mean, KoreanDJ ***** me worse than anyone i've ever played before, but he was so fun to play with cause of his personality it didn't seem like anal ****....XD....so anyways, yeah and also Tony, no offense to Trent and Rob cause they're very good players, but Taj is the only AZ person who visited us that I consider to be a pro, and like i said, he could have used Fox and Marth much more than he did. And you must also remember that Taj isn't ranked top 25. Even Forward isn't. So they're good yes, but they're definitely not MLG pro's or even top 25 by the Power Rankings. Just keep that in mind Tony. And if you were to go back and watch bigger tourney matches of Taj, i'm sure you'd see that he played harder against those players because they were better than us(i.e. BloodOfTheFallen, TANG, Germ...).

Bloshi

Smash Ace
The outcome from the brackets is a pretty bad indicator of rank for the most part due to unlucky brackets. Compared to other people's brackets *cough*Yang's*cough* I think mine was fairly good. Plus there's all those ties for 13th and 25th place so it's hard to place within those as well. The only really good way to tell is to play a loooooong round robin tournament and rank by the most wins to the least wins. Round robin totally pwns when it comes to rankings.

And Chap: Taj frickin' said that he doesn't play Yoshi at all. If I recall I also played Blind/Honorbound/Trent/penguinguy's Yoshi and beat it. Just so you get your facts straight.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah i had to face chap, blind, then lovo. But it was still fun. Chap, whenever u get a chance, post the brackets and videos of my matches agains't lovo and u. Why not agains't blind? well becuz he rapped me with infinite combo with ICS and ICS are CHEETS! :laugh:. Look forward to me getting ***** in taj's second mewtwo combo video w00t!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Forward was on top 25 last go-around, with Taj as unofficial 26th (talked to some of the panelists). Granted, neither of them are on it now, but neither of them have been to any big tournaments recently.

You bet your *** that Taj's Fox ***** mine. I picked up Fox what, a month ago? He's taken his Fox to how many tournaments? How many good Foxes have I played? Haha, Falco would have been even worse. I still have a mental block against Space Animals. Granted, his Marth probably would have ***** me as well, but still... And I got to play Taj all of 7 rounds (9 if you count the ones during the crew battle). I'm a little bit slow at figuring people out, especially high-calibur playings. Even then there was only one 4-stock dished out, and it was because I was too **** desperate for the kill move, and kept trying for only that. Even my Pichu took a stock (or was it two?) off of him. If they're sandbagging, for shame. How do you get better when people only play barely above your level? The improvements will be minimal (ala MLG Chicago), and, if anything, will bestow false self-confidence, allowing "lower-level" players to beat you with your own character multiple times. Even bigger shame is there's no way to prove whether they were or not.

I apologize the rant, but I just dumped $70+ dollars in gas hunting for ONE job, only to be told that I can't get it because I was not properly explained the details to the examination for it (yeah... they gave me a ****ing multiple choice test). I feel like I totally got the shaft on that deal, and now the feelings are transferring over to everything else. More than just a little pissed, I am.

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
Blowshi Shut the **** up and blind is not a pro and dosent main yoshi at all and im pretty sure Taj$ would kick your *** even he try a lil

PS. no i didnt misspell your name u blow

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Imposter Professor Ken said:
I've been waiting for that one ever since I picked my name :ohwell:
It seems everybody hates me for reporting the facts...I wasn't making any assertions based on the events. Blind could have been sand-bagging for all I know and Taj could beat Fumi in a Yoshi ditto and was just making sh*t up for me to feel better. Who kows? I was just sayin' what I saw go down.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Whoa!!! I'm sorry that little joke post caused so much tension.

I was going to say a lot of things, to all of you but I decided that it really isn't necessary. My apologies, I'm a terrible player and I just got lucky. You're right, I'm not a pro player and I'll never amount to anything. I'm nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and housing though.

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
hey guys Shout outs :laugh:

lovo: your great :)

Vic: hey it was fun thx for the pizza dont hate rob

Nite: u need to do more Isai samichs :chuckle:

Chap: dont get hit by Yang's Forword smash

Ferdi: Mech Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!! your really cool

Zeal: hey it was really fun playing on the ds even tho it was a smash turny =P

Taj: holy **** your Good oh and you should make us some more kool-aid oh and make me an omlet

Rob: omg nice ice climbers i hate the infinite tho nice job when Victor pulled the "Combo. Breaker" (pressing start) and you didnt mess up haha he was pissed LOL that was FUNNY!!!! :laugh:

Trent: hey your Fight with Lovo was the **** very close lol i had fun then lol nice jigg oh and u should upload the Vids

yang: ****in cheep Basterd

Joey: hey your funny

Mike: samus sucks my balls

Ken: **** your sexy

everyone: dont get hit

hey guys lol sorry if i missed anyone oh btw its half ***** :p

_Red

Smash Rookie
**** i wish i coulda made it, i have been in a few mlg matches and i woulda loved to face the local playas

_Red

Smash Rookie
**** i wish i coulda made it, i have been in a few mlg matches and i woulda loved to face the local playas

_Red

Smash Rookie

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
uh and who are u red?

SHOUTOUTS:

Chap-it was nice playing your mario.

Lovo-it was cool playing u for the first time. That was a close match.

Blind-uh....ics are gay :laugh:

Taj-It was fun playing your marth,samus, and mewtwo even though i got ***** real bad. I think your pro in my opinon.

Ken- Wow u suck =0

Tony- Thanks for the tips from Ben's smashfest. They helped me alot i think and hopefully i improve even more the next time we all see each other

Kenny-Man, your mindgames are too good.....hopefully i will be able to read them next time and thanks for the tips about facing CF.

Mike-I'm glad i can beat ur samus now with marth.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

To all AZ: Man, you guys are good, it was so much fun playing with you. Thanks for coming out to our small community and giving us a memorable experience. Tony and Rob, it was great to see you guys again, and it was nice to meet you ChaosTheory. I'll try and make it out for that tourney B-Will posted about as long as I get notification enough ahead of time.

Taj: Your mewtwo is awesome, to be able to play the bottom tiered character at such a high level should make the SBR members shake in their boots. Next time we play I gotta play your Marth and Fox more. Lol at the crew battle. You utterly destroyed CO.

Rob: I'll never forget that set between you and me, that will go down in infamy lol. Can't wait to play you again.

ChaosTheory: Awesome Jiggs man. CO doesn't have any puff players and you were a good opponent and an even better person.

Victor: Donno what to say, looks like you've improved from the last time I played you but we didn't get to play, oh well, another time.

Lovo: Man rafa, I can't believe you lost to ferdi, oh wellz...Good matches as always.

Ferdi: Hey, you got better since the last time we played lol Congratz on beating Lovo.

Jerris: That Luigi is crazy man. Awesome matches in the tourney, you just keep improving every time i play you it seems.

YangFuShang: Your marth ain't half bad, it was fun playing with you.

Bloshi: Awesome Yoshi man, definitely the best one in CO in the hands of a decent player.

That's all the shoutouts I have, for now anyways...That weekend was really fun, thanks to AZ, Chap/Nite, and Tony for makin it happen and for everyone who pitched in money and cubes/tv's.

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
shout out time I guess

Taj: wow you beat the crap outta Colorado

Blind: Thanks for taking my top hat I love when people take my things its great

ChaosTheory: I like your jigg like I said I want to use jigg now you *******

Yang: stop using marth use a character that takes skill to use ahaha im jk your marth is pretty gay

Tony: I beat you with my fox what a fcuken loser but don’t cut yourself about it

Ferdi: I think you would have beat taj if I would have put your song before his ohh and if you would have done sex kick up smash

to everyone who uses marth: stop it

Bloshi: I can't believe you beat Tony wow you got really good like top 3 at least

Erga: I love erga

Joey: wow me and ferdi owned you

Victor: you are very gay and racist and need to grow a ***** like a big one so you can please Joey XD nah im jk but I think bloshi can 4 stock you since he is so good at reading people I mean come on he read Taj **** he should be like 2nd on the rankings

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Time for shout-outs! Yay!

Ferdi: Good job on doing well at the tourney! I had a chance to beat you *john alert* if I hadn't had those two gay self-destructs.*end john alert*

Tony: Work on not self-destructing in a tourney, it almost led to your demise!

Kenny: Thanks for playing me, even though I didn't beat you. Fox=beast.

Rafa: The only time I played you was in casual teams, where you were in the buttsecks team, which happens to be the gayest team in existence. (literally)

Joey: You'd probably do a ton better against Yoshi if you knew to chaingrab him. But otherwise pretty good Shiek. Oh and gj on the advance wars ownage.

Erg: Haha, good games at the tourney! That was a close one! Samus never dies!

Mike: It was fuin friendly-ing again, Samus really is a *****.

AZ peeps: A really sweet time playing new people! You guys rock. Jigglypuff is very hungry for ppl's jumps, Mewtwo has teh mindgames, and ummmm there's two ICs. Yup, two of 'em.

Oh, haha, almost forgot Victor. Thanks for chaingrabbiong me. I definitely needed it.

On a side-note: I'm bored! Someone play me this weekend! Please?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Taj278 said:
Whoa!!! I'm sorry that little joke post caused so much tension.

I was going to say a lot of things, to all of you but I decided that it really isn't necessary. My apologies, I'm a terrible player and I just got lucky. You're right, I'm not a pro player and I'll never amount to anything. I'm nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and housing though.
Whoa whoa whoa... Sorry! Our sense of humor doesn't seem to translate too well on the internets. Taj, I was teasing you the same way that I teased you at the tournament. You really are **** good, and thoroughly ***** me in the Fox ditto. Shame I 3 stocked your Sheik though. XD

Seriously though, we were messing around. You're really quite good, and I hope you make it to more MLGs so you can get tossed into the rankings, and have a unanimous vote for best m2 ever. Btw, I kinda stole your style of m2 after watching you, and am now using it for 4 stocking Ryan's face.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Danger Chap said:
Victor: you are very gay and racist and need to grow a ***** like a big one so you can please Joey XD nah im jk but I think bloshi can 4 stock you since he is so good at reading people I mean come on he read Taj **** he should be like 2nd on the rankings
rofl you serious? oh and does anyone know henry's aim sn?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Alright guys, it looks like we're going to need $303 right off the bat if we want to rent a minivan (ignoring gas prices). Get working on that, and I'm going to try again and see if we can get the van somehow or another.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Alright guys, it looks like we're going to need $303 right off the bat if we want to rent a minivan (ignoring gas prices). Get working on that, and I'm going to try again and see if we can get the van somehow or another.
Tony, we won't need a minivan, just a car because erg and ken didn' t register before, so they can't get housing or enter the tournament

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey Meleemarth!! EMPTY YOUR INBOX!! :) Here is the message that I tried to send to you:

I have faith in your ability to do well. Go have fun and try your best. You have start somewhere right. As for sending the money I really don't like sending like that because I would like to know if it get's there safely. What I could do is get a money order too you and send it. At least this way it has to be endorsed. What is your address so I can send it on Friday.

Just hit me back up on PM.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
ROFL DFG i cant send you a pm cuz you need to clear your inbox as well... LOL anyways heres my adress:
17370 Caribou Dr. E.
Monument Co, 80312

Gojira

Smash Lord
ROFL DFG i cant send you a pm cuz you need to clear your inbox as well... LOL anyways heres my adress:
17370 Caribou Dr. E.
Monument Co, 80312
In the distant future you guys should come to the Big @$$ Tourney am going to host, and yes that is the bname of it. Im renting the vemnure out so all the prize money goes to the pot. I am aiming to get as many OOS people as possible, and if you guys come, that would add to it :p. Just something for CO to think about.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Is DFG sending all the 240 to victor or just his 60 cause i really wanna try and go and Tony may be able to obtain a car and if so I could go if i get the $60 for the entry fee cause then i'd only have to pay for gas and other shiz....

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
okay...um...i'm kinda pissed, someone took my SSBM Game Disc for use the weekend that AZ was here and never returned it, i'm not sure if it's still at Nite's house or if someone has it but if anyone finds it please tell me and either return it or tell me when i can come by to pick it up...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
In the distant future you guys should come to the Big @$$ Tourney am going to host, and yes that is the bname of it. Im renting the vemnure out so all the prize money goes to the pot. I am aiming to get as many OOS people as possible, and if you guys come, that would add to it :p. Just something for CO to think about.
I'd definately consider coming, as long as it's not at that one place that ripped you off last time.

Also, PC and Rafa BETTER be there this time, or I'll eat your soul.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Gojira, ill play you at oc2

p.s. dfg is only paying 180, so now theres only 120 cuz of my sponsorship. So you guys better do something quick. Oh and kenny, you better have a slot open for oc2.

ROFL 1K POST!!!

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Gojira, ill play you at oc2

p.s. dfg is only paying 180, so now theres only 120 cuz of my sponsorship. So you guys better do something quick. Oh and kenny, you better have a slot open for oc2.

ROFL 1K POST!!!
Wow that's gay and ********.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Umm... then maybe DFG should give it to the three that need it, and we could pay you back later, or something like that. You've already bought your ticket, and two of us can't go if we don't get sponsorship, for sure. Ironically, these two are the two who would be driving, and without them, no one else can go from CO, period.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tony i cant, cuz ive already bought my ticket knowing that my entry fee is paid for. So theres no way i can. Rofl if i dont get 60$ then i just bought a ****ing plane ticket for nothing.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Then you and Kenny take the 60 but you **** well better pay for a lot of the gas and ****.

Also tony, you have to go to Ken's house so that his parents will can name you as the second driver of the van. I guess kenny could go, idk if there is such a thing as a third driver but kenny lives close to ken anyways.

Top Bottom