• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Oh ****. Well I just realized that there's no way for me to come to this thing because I have something back in Boulder in the morning on Thursday. Oh well...does anyone want to come over and smash some time this week? I just ordered a cord connecting my camera to my PC so we could tape matches if anyone does come over.

No one has answered my question yet: When and where will I be able to play the OOSers before the tourney?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I think you'll be able to play them the 28th or 29th. Nite's house. $10 for anyone interested (we have to feed these guys SOMEHOW!). I ~think~. Ask Nite and Chap for confirmation.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
So Nite/Chap? Is it true? Do we have to pay 10$ to play the OOSers? I might just wait for the tourney. When does casual play start? And how many setups will there be?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say good luck with the struggle and OC2 guys! I'm rooting for ya. Maybe when I get back in September I'll have a chance to get a quick play in before I head back to warshintin. If not, I'll have to wait until a holiday to show my full power! But until then, kick some OOS'ers butts. WA may be my home, but I'll root for CO to the end.

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
InterimOfZeal said:
I think you'll be able to play them the 28th or 29th. Nite's house. $10 for anyone interested (we have to feed these guys SOMEHOW!). I ~think~. Ask Nite and Chap for confirmation.
okay heres the thing Nobody can sleep over not even Rafa unless you pay 10 dollars and if you dont like it then make them go to your house *****es, or go to victors in sure he has plenty of count Chocula for everyone >_> btw victor count chocula is the s-hit

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Here is the exact address to the tournament location:

Radission Hotel
83 East 120th Avenue, Thornton Colorado 80233, US

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hey DFG when is the earliest time we could get in there? I want to get tons of practice in!

Also, what day should I come over for maximum play time with the OOSers?

I *might* be able to house some OOSers because my siblings will be gone this weekend but does that mean that I'll have to take them back to the airport as well?

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Bad news, in an effort to get another venue solified due to the Dojo closing down the Radission has decided within the last 30min to pulled out of the Summer Struggle as a venue. They say that since they don't know the crowd that we will bring and they haven't had a part in the advertising process they want to cancel this event and do something like this in September. Now with such short notice to me I have no other place in which to host this event thus I have to cancel it. I apoligize to all on this and right now I am highly pissed at a lot of people for short changing this event and giving the go arond on this. If anyone has any questions feel free to call me (303-808-7746) after 5:00pm (I'm at work right now) and I will give a full more detail explanation. Again, C3 apoligize for the inconvenience and hopefully I can find a way to fix this problem for future tournaments.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
WHAT THE HELL!?!?! THEY ONLY CANCEL IT AFTER EVERYONE BOUGHT THEIR PLANE TICKETS. OMFG YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH YOUR ***** FOR CANCELING this cuz you just probably lost a lot of ppl. I know the oos are gonna be pissed. Not only that but now tony cant go to oc2 or anything and no one in Co gets sponsorship?? wow this is ****ing rediculous.

RAFA im thinking ill still come to your house this sat and then mabe your parents will just take us to nite/chaps house to play AZ or they could come to your house instead!! EVERYONE QUICKLY PLAN FOR SOMETHING NEAR RAFA'S HOUSE!!!!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
OMG!!!!!!!!!! WTF?????!!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed! We need to organize an independent tourney quick! At a really big house or something! This sucks!

EDIT: Hey guys how much are you willing to spend to keep the struggle alive? I'm currently hunting down venues and seeing what might work, provided we all bring TVs and Cubes.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double posting, but this post expresses a whole different attitude about the situation and I feel it should be separate. After searching around various hotels and what-not for a new place to play, I think that we should just hold an enormous "Weekend of smash" at the best house fit for the job. To get in, you have to bring at least one piece of equipment (TV an/or cube and/or VCR) and around 20$ for the "feel sorry for the OOSers/don't piss off the host's parents fund" We could all stay over for the whole weekend (Friday night/Saturday morning to Sunday morning/night) , provided the place is big enough, or split houses for sleeping purposes. There would be alot of tourneys organized, so we could update the rankings, but without prize money (we already payed to get in remember). I know that no one could take any money away from this, but it turns a total disaster into a good time, plus we could get alot of video fodder for whatever we want to do with it.

Tourneys we could hold:
1v1
2v2
Low tier
^All of the above with items^

I think it would be a really good time, what do you guys think?

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
We Need! alot of Tvs and Vcrs oohh and FANS!!

why dont we do it at my house I think we have enough space so everyone can sleep but we will need to bring money for food like to order pizza and ****

10 dollars for the tournament or 15 idk and around 5 dollars for food
WE CAN CALL IT SUPER SUMMER STRUGGLE (WITH NO NOOBS)

Erg

Smash Cadet
Danger Chap said:
We Need! alot of Tvs and Vcrs oohh and FANS!!

why dont we do it at my house I think we have enough space so everyone can sleep but we will need to bring money for food like to order pizza and ****

10 dollars for the tournament or 15 idk and around 5 dollars for food
WE CAN CALL IT SUPER SUMMER STRUGGLE (WITH NO NOOBS)
is it today

Bloshi

Smash Ace
OK so 15$ sounds better that's a good fee, plus 5$ for food. I can bring a TV and cube and VCR, and maybe another VCR, and maybe some blank tapes. Oh yeah and maybe a white-board to write Tourney brackets on.

Yah chap your house is pretty big, how many blankets do you have? Because people might want to bring sleeping bags in case there aren't enough. What times will it be from and to if it is at your house?

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
Bloshi said:
OK so 15$ sounds better that's a good fee, plus 5$ for food. I can bring a TV and cube and VCR, and maybe another VCR, and maybe some blank tapes. Oh yeah and maybe a white-board to write Tourney brackets on.

your house?Yah chap your house is pretty big, how many blankets do you have? Because people might want to bring sleeping bags in case there aren't enough. What times will it be from and to if it is at
it will be Saturday-Sunday and we do not have that many blankets just like 7 yeah but bring sleeping bags jiggas

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
sounds good, can u post ur address again? Sucks that summer struggle was canceled but hopefully this would be as if it were to happen. I don't need sleeping bag....Asians are use to sleeping on beds that have no matress lol.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Yeah hurry up and you post your adress but there was one thing that i disagree with cuz its completely n00bish. I dont want there to be items on during tournament play cuz thats freakin gay. Anyways post your adress and me and joey we'll definitely be there.

p.s. chap, when is the tournament going to start on saturday? how about 12pm? cuz then you'll give us enough time to get there.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
OK, last time I'm saying this...
We will have 2 SEPARATE 1v1 tourneys, one with items, one without.
They won't be going on at the same time, the items one will be later if we get around to it. it just for fun, so no one ***** about it.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
How am i sopposed to know what were are doing tomorrow when you dont answer your phone or you dont get on aim. GET ON AIM ****** JOEY!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Wow...cancellation of the C3

Anyways, Tony, who's going to your house for smashfest Wednesday? Who is the possible ride-giver? Cause my dad is working again since his vacation and I don't think he'll be able to give 1-2 hour rides anymore. Also someone AIM/PM me on whats been happening other than CSS cancellation.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Took g-pa to the hospital today, he has an appointment thursday morning... Sooooo.... we could just try for Thursday night at Nite's, mebbe? Then I could go pick up Taj and whatnot.

Or we could try for Thursday night at my house. That would actually ****ing work perfectly, and I could give you guys a ride in and back no sweat. Gas money is always appreciated, but in this case, if you're all at the same place (pref. Rafa's), not required.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey, for the top four players right now I will pay for your entry fee to the OC2 tournament. That's the least I can do since all the sponsors want to f**** me over. Just tell how much it cost for the top four players to go and I it's good as done.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I might be able to go somewhere Thursday night, we'll see. If I do, I would pretty much have to stay over the whole weekend at various houses and whatnot because my Mom doesn't want to drive to Aurora and back 4 times this weekend, that's like 10 hours of her life gone carting me around. Once you guys get the place decided, post the adress so I can see if I can make it or not.

Danger Chap

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well. I guess in order to go to Tony's house.

You guys ( ferdi and ben, anyone else, just ask) could arrive at my house on thursday and tony can pick us up. Then we get dropped off at my house again and then on saturday we get a ride to nite's so i can take a tv.

Tony, are you gonna pick us up in the van? that way we could stop by chap's house so i can drop off tv's and other **** (like extensions, cube and hopefully some tables and chairs we'll need for the large amount of people. That way we could stay at chap's house on friday as long as we don't eat anything from their house that day since that's what the 5 dollars are for.

This is LoVo

And i like the second idea better since it doesn't require my dad calling me lazy.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Took g-pa to the hospital today, he has an appointment thursday morning... Sooooo.... we could just try for Thursday night at Nite's, mebbe? Then I could go pick up Taj and whatnot.

Or we could try for Thursday night at my house. That would actually ****ing work perfectly, and I could give you guys a ride in and back no sweat. Gas money is always appreciated, but in this case, if you're all at the same place (pref. Rafa's), not required.
Wait so is the smashfest going to be Thursday now(July 27th)? At Nite's/Zeal's house? If so I might be able to go to Rafa's or something and then have you pick people up and then I'll stay over and leave back to Rafa's house and get picked up. Problem is, I'll have to be back to Rafa's or something by like 10:30 A.M. if we're staying over, if not then uh...I have to find some other way to get home.

Ok ok ok, the thing is that my parents are going to be at work during the time I'm at Tony's so I basically have to stay over. The thing is, if anyone else is staying over this might work(well actually, really only Chap/Nite/Rafa) because if Rafa stays over, I'll just have my parents go to his house in the morning. And if Nite/Chap show up I'll just get my parents to go to their house at friday. Well, if anyone can give me a ride back from Tony's, don't hesitate to post about it. And if nothing else works I'll have Tony give me a ride back Friday morning(then I can stay longer cause I wont have to worry about parents) $10 for gas money?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
spiritdragon said:
Wait so is the smashfest going to be Thursday now(July 27th)? At Nite's/Zeal's house? If so I might be able to go to Rafa's or something and then have you pick people up and then I'll stay over and leave back to Rafa's house and get picked up. Problem is, I'll have to be back to Rafa's or something by like 10:30 A.M. if we're staying over, if not then uh...I have to find some other way to get home.
No, this is on thursday, at tony's house.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Ok,
The smashfest at tony's is on thursday. He'll drop us off at my house friday morning or at nite's depending on whether i've gotten everything i need to nite's house or if you plan on getting picked up.

The tournament would be on saturday and sunday.

Bring extra cash since i plan on going to nite's on friday but i'll have some extra since i had money for OC2,

Anyways the AIM on ken's computers sucks the big ones and doesn't work.

SOn Of a ***** , double post

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok, looks like I'll be going to Rafa's at Thursday, leave with him to Tony's, then get dropped off at Rafa's/Nite's house Friday morning and my parents will pick me up whereever :)

Now uh, what time should I be at your house Rafa. around noon like last time?

Top Bottom