• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
Then keep it to yourself dude. You don't know the history.
Fine, subject closed.

:(
I'M supposed to be the only argument inducing one >:0
It'll be ALL day. I'll have Brawl setup, but I would like someone to bring BB and a system as well as a gamecube. I have melee, but I can't play both in my wii...
So yeah, everyone needs to come to this. If need be, you can stay the night.
Is it okay if I pick an argument with you? lol

I can bring a Gamecube, you've got a memory card right? Playing Melee again after Brawling for so long will mess with my head, so it should be entertaining:laugh:. I'll bring my SD card 'cause I want to keep some replays.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Tony's right, I'm Sean. No, I'm not giving you $10 for remembering, but nice guess. Flux, sorry I guess I don't know you. Ferdi, I've played you a few times over the years but only ever in friendlies somehow. I doubt you remember me since I was so disinclined to go to tournaments when melee was big. Yang, I played you at the AZ tourney in friendlies before the tournament started, I played you at Kenny's big final smash fest before going to college with mike and ken, and I saw you again at Kyle's smashfest fairly recently. I don't think we played then though, which makes me sad. Mike, I played melee with you every day for 2 and a half years! I have nothing more to say to you. Also, where's Kenny? I wanna get my melee on.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
:(
I'M supposed to be the only argument inducing one >:0
It'll be ALL day. I'll have Brawl setup, but I would like someone to bring BB and a system as well as a gamecube. I have melee, but I can't play both in my wii...
So yeah, everyone needs to come to this. If need be, you can stay the night.

Would go, but I've gotta work that night.

Teenagers need their skating. They need it bad.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Wow...I've been busy. I just checked last few pages. Sorry mes...
K so I really would love to have people over for smash this weekend, as in Saturday. Bring your own controller. Um...no entrance fee, but we might do a small tournament if anyone is interested.
Anyone willing?
If I can get three people willing, I'll do it.
No entry fee on a day I have off? Count me in. I'll be no match for competitive level brawl players, and Tony never got me into BB, but I'd be willing to try out both. I'll need an address or a phone number or some way to figure out how to get there though.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is there anyway we can do Sunday? I'm getting some conflicting plans...

At the very least, maybe just me and DTL can play. :D

Teenagers need their skating. They need it bad.
lawl

Underload

Lazy
*TvC Hermit approaches*

This game is fuuuuuuuun. I've tried most of the characters, but Ryu and Chun are still my favorites, and they were the first two I used. If anyone *somehow* wants to play TvC, I'll bring my setup to the next fest that I plan on attending.

Flux, don't argue a moot point. He just said he was coming, and you still assume that he won't o_O and quit snapping at everyone, young man :/

I'll MM you, X. Why the hell not.

Probably not gonna drive to Longmont for a fest, sawwy :(

Uhh, that's about all I remember these past few pages.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
lol why would I have an entrance fee for a smashfest at my house?

4007 Hawthorne Circle
Longmont, CO, 80503

303-319-2326
I know what a smashfest is. I was merely expressing my approval. You're the one who mentioned an entrance fee to begin with, not me, so making fun of mentioning an entrance fee while talking about a smashfest (even one that might have a small "friendly" tournament) is kind of. . . hypocritical isn't it? Aside from your unnecessarily caustic comment to someone you don't even know, I appreciate your reply. I'll be able to make it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I know what a smashfest is. I was merely expressing my approval. You're the one who mentioned an entrance fee to begin with, not me, so making fun of mentioning an entrance fee while talking about a smashfest (even one that might have a small "friendly" tournament) is kind of. . . hypocritical isn't it? Aside from your unnecessarily caustic comment to someone you don't even know, I appreciate your reply. I'll be able to make it.
Articulate.
Don't take these boards too seriously. Practice Brawl a bit if you can, Melee>Brawl is a tough transition. I'll see you there.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
I'm not angry. I just find his approach to someone he doesn't even know a little disrespectful. Do you disagree with me? Thanks, I've got some friends at work who claim to be good. At the very least, they talk about it, so they must enjoy playing. I'll try to get a few hours in with them before Saturday so I'm not "trying to figure out what the buttons do." How many of us have heard that line so many times that it makes us sick? lol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
This thread has become increasingly silly. I'll try to make it to DTLfest 2010, if only to play BB/TvC if UL shows up.

And I guess to keep my brawl game slightly above completely rusted.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
No Peter it's because he and his state have said they ARE coming 4 times and they never showed. So the streak continues.

Btw I miss you buddy.

Underload

Lazy
<3 <3

Speaking of OoS tourneys, I'm going to CO oct. 10th or whatever day that tourney is. THAT MEANS I BETTER SEE EVERY COLORADO SNAKE THERE. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ZAJICE AND UNDERLOAD. >_>
We'll see what happens, but two different sources saying that they're going to go kinda convinces me. I'm pretty stoked that Ken's coming. Now if only Sinz would go, too :/

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Um...what did I do? lol

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always prioritize learning universal combos first. Better to do okay against everyone instead of getting destroyed by one character just because you can't combo them.
The one combo I know that can be used universally is extremely hard to pull off. I had been practicing it for a few days and there's one part where the timing is so strict that I can barely land it... I can probably only land it correctly 1/10 times...

That, and it's being removed in the update cause it's too good... >_>

Speaking of OoS tourneys, I'm going to CO oct. 10th or whatever day that tourney is. THAT MEANS I BETTER SEE EVERY COLORADO SNAKE THERE. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ZAJICE AND UNDERLOAD. >_>
**** YES.

Random edit:
I facking love this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDOacBbHXGU

Underload

Lazy
Because this thread is Twitter:

My dang elbow hurts from football for no particular reason. It's annoying.

Zaj, sorry, no Brawl doubles for me. I'll have a football game the day of the tourney, and that finishes up at like 11:30. By the time I'm all cleaned up and ready to go, it'll be way past deadline for entry.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah i remember u sean just didn't recognize the board name cause i remember u went by "sean mcfly" right? Man i didn't even realize u came to kyles smashfest that one time, i wish we could have played. Yeah and i might go to DTL, if i can carpool or something....their has to be melee/mvc2 or else.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, seriously?

Me team with the almighty Dave of CO?

YES.

I gotta be at the top of my game so I don't disappoint. If the almighty Dave of CO loses and it's my fault, I'm going to go all emo on myself.

-Serve-

Smash Cadet
<3 <3
We'll see what happens, but two different sources saying that they're going to go kinda convinces me. I'm pretty stoked that Ken's coming. Now if only Sinz would go, too :/
Yeah, I've been talking to Sinz, he plans on going..

/Random UT Smasher

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Yeah Yang, I was the one that brought the recording equipment at Kyle's smashfest. He put it on a DVD -R though, which isn't compatible with ANYTHING so I wasn't able to put any matches up due to lazyness. DVD+RW ftw. And I'm really surprised you remembered my old tag. It was Sean McFall, but that's because Kenny never put my actual tag (Studmonger) on any of the power rankings. I stopped coming to enough tournaments to get the points to rank after Tony took over doing rankings (which makes me feel really old lol.) Oh my god, Kyle! There will be melee, even if I have to bring it. And I guess Victor just showed up again after 2 years. Apparently this is like. . . mating season for retired smash players or something. Since Kenny doesn't seem to have posted, or posted somewhere else: he's planning on having a smashfest at his house on Thursday evening. I don't know how many people he can have over or any other details, but I know he's having one because he invited me to it lol. Pester him for details if you're interested, I'm sure there will be a strong preference for melee at his smashfest though. You have been warned.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The one combo I know that can be used universally is extremely hard to pull off. I had been practicing it for a few days and there's one part where the timing is so strict that I can barely land it... I can probably only land it correctly 1/10 times...

That, and it's being removed in the update cause it's too good... >_>

**** YES.

Random edit:
I facking love this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDOacBbHXGU
You know about buffering in BB, right? Hold a button, and it repeats the input for 5 frames. Makes pretty much any "difficult" combo retardedly easy to do, sans Kune/Carl, since you can't buffer negative edges. Rachel, too, since buffering doesn't really work that way with the wind.

Yeah Yang, I was the one that brought the recording equipment at Kyle's smashfest. He put it on a DVD -R though, which isn't compatible with ANYTHING so I wasn't able to put any matches up due to lazyness. DVD+RW ftw. And I'm really surprised you remembered my old tag. It was Sean McFall, but that's because Kenny never put my actual tag (Studmonger) on any of the power rankings. I stopped coming to enough tournaments to get the points to rank after Tony took over doing rankings (which makes me feel really old lol.) Oh my god, Kyle! There will be melee, even if I have to bring it. And I guess Victor just showed up again after 2 years. Apparently this is like. . . mating season for retired smash players or something. Since Kenny doesn't seem to have posted, or posted somewhere else: he's planning on having a smashfest at his house on Thursday evening. I don't know how many people he can have over or any other details, but I know he's having one because he invited me to it lol. Pester him for details if you're interested, I'm sure there will be a strong preference for melee at his smashfest though. You have been warned.
Wait, can you record? i'll suck **** to get vids of my carl on youtube.

Oh, DTL, I dunno when we're gonna do the MM. I won't have $50 in the forseeable future. Right now I'm going to school without books, sooooooooo it might be awhile before I can do it. =(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I also don't think taunts can be buffered, which makes the taunt combos so hard. Not certain though.

Plus, it repeats the input 5 times over 5 frames, it's almost harder NOT to get the full buffer window.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I will 100% have brawl and melee.
Anything else is up to you guys to bring.
Room is pretty limited, so I'll have non-smash in other rooms.
Regardless, I definitely want 2 set-ups for brawl and at least one for melee.

Dave, if you could bring your wii for brawl that would be great.

Main room will have two brawl setups and 1-2 melee.
BB and others are UP TO YOU GUYS TO BRING and will be in other rooms. You do NOT needs to bring televisions.

If we do a brawl tourney, it will be five dollar entrance and five for teams. Others games won't be led by me.

Things I need you guys to bring:
1 wii
2 Gamecubes w/ memory cards
others systems and games you would like
your own controllers
some money if you want to do a tournament and to chip in for pizza

This will be the first time I have any of you in my house and hopefully not the last time. To ensure such, my parents require some basic rules be followed:
There will be NO eating or drinking outside of the kitchen and dining room or outside
Don't eat our **** without asking
No Mexicans
Don't break ****

In my room:
Don't take ****

The fest will start when ever you feel like coming after 10 a.m. and end around 12.
It's pretty hard convincing my parents to let me do this so please be cool (they don't give a **** about language, but try not to be excessively loud) and hopefully I'll be able to hold more.

<3
DTL

Rizen

Smash Legend
Things I need you guys to bring:
1 wii
2 Gamecubes w/ memory cards
others systems and games you would like
your own controllers
some money if you want to do a tournament and to chip in for pizza

This will be the first time I have any of you in my house and hopefully not the last time. To ensure such, my parents require some basic rules be followed:
There will be NO eating or drinking outside of the kitchen and dining room or outside
Don't eat our **** without asking
No Mexicans
Don't break ****

In my room:
Don't take ****

The fest will start when ever you feel like coming after 10 a.m. and end around 12.
It's pretty hard convincing my parents to let me do this so please be cool (they don't give a **** about language, but try not to be excessively loud) and hopefully I'll be able to hold more.

<3
DTL
I'll bring a Gamecube and memory card. (is this 12 noon or 12 AM? Just making sure) I only have camecube controllers so I'll need to borrow one for other systems. Is this winner takes all $? Will $5 cover pizza? House rules, have no worries.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try and go to the fest so I can practice team stuff with Dave.

But as always, I'm gonna have to get a ride from somebody. >_> Oh, Moooobliiiin~

What SHOULD be my ride is always doing something on weekends. This time, they're camping...

Lol @ no Mexicans.

You know about buffering in BB, right? Hold a button, and it repeats the input for 5 frames. Makes pretty much any "difficult" combo retardedly easy to do, sans Kune/Carl, since you can't buffer negative edges. Rachel, too, since buffering doesn't really work that way with the wind.
Yeah I know all about the buffering.

The combo is 3c > 5d~6 > j.c > 236b > j.2d~b > 5c > 2d~6 > drive loop shenanigans. It's a universal combo that works on every single character.

The problem is the j.2d~b since you can't buffer the B drive cancel on it. It has to be timed so the drive hits but you cancel through them. It's ****ing hard. And they're basically right on top of you when you try to do it, which makes it even harder.

I really need to get that j.2d~b thing down though, since it's used in a LOT of other combos.

Taunt combos are indeed harder though...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Actually Utah is one of the more actively traveling states in the four corners. :/

Well now they are.

Top Bottom