• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey guys. We should definitely try to do a northco/anybody else smashfest sometime this weekend. I'm probably not going to genesis, but I can definitely help

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, like all of you out there, I'm going to get effing serious in brawl. That means, of course, that I'll have to make sacrifices I swore to myself I wouldn't be making. But so be it. I'm in it to win.

So unfortunately, I'm going to say something that I've never said before nor will again:

No more warlock punch.

*sniff.* That was really hard to do. You guys had better appreciate it

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
But what is your answer to...

Diddy Kong Racing?!?!

Also, I edited my metaphor video so it works now...

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I know I don't check this nearly as often as I should, but this is first Saturday I've had off in a while, so I'm down to smash tomorrow.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Well, most probably don't take me very serial in this state, but i've always had a nack for high level gaming ((hence why I still bring up SC)) I know i'm still a bit behind in melee, but if theres smashfests and stuff, i'm ALWAYS up for going. I want to really nail down my mains so I can at least perform and not get destroyed. As for Brawl, i'm up for getting my characters down on that as well, but again, smashfests guys?

The only way we gonna be serial in competition is to get serial and organize. If someone has the ability to host a smashfest on certain days we need to really get a regular smashfest (or multiple) weekly and like Tony said, we need to get rid of nasty habits. I sure as hell know if I got rid of some of my disgusting habits and sped up my game i'd be pretty good, I think.

Input is always appreciated and I'm fairly certain there's no one in this state that can't take constructive criticism if it will help them improve and they're willing to learn

Now, all that said and done, in the end, serious business and competition aside, I think everyone also needs to maintain that this is supposed to be FUN. Once people start losing that objective, even if they own, that is already a bad habit and it needs to be broken. GUARANTEED you will perform better if you just have fun.

BadassBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Heya Boys in Colorado!! Ive made a series of Brawl videos on Youtube, and i thought some people on this site might enjoy them!! Ill post you a link to their made-for-fun-cuz-editing-with-trailer-music-is-epic-fun Trailer for the series, and then just click on "More from Gorillavanillio" and youll hit 5 brawling videos, 4 of em is Fox vs Sonic, and i just posted Kirby vs Fox with some nice explosion footage. See you there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-500VoQUCk <---------Ctrl + C

Heya Boys in Colorado!! Ive made a series of Brawl videos on Youtube, and i thought some people on this site might enjoy them!! Ill post you a link to their made-for-fun-cuz-editing-with-trailer-music-is-epic-fun Trailer for the series, and then just click on "More from Gorillavanillio" and youll hit 5 brawling videos, 4 of em is Fox vs Sonic, and i just posted Kirby vs Fox with some nice explosion footage. See you there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-500VoQUCk <---------Ctrl + C
WHO THE **** R YOU AND WHY ARE YOU POSTING IN THESE FORUSM YOU LITTLE **** ***** **** ****** **** FACED ******* *** GUZZLING FAT **** omg wow i hate people

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, Mike. Way to just copy my signature. D:<

And don't forget Devastation, with a $2000 pot for Bwarl. Any of the brawl players, if you want to do some in person practice with me, I'm available most evenings, just give me a call at 303-888-8777. We can also do melee, though I'm not the best person to get advice from on that.
When is that? It shouldn't cost too much for us to go to that, so I'd suggest all our Brawl players go. Imma see if DFG can send me there as our Chapter leader rep or sumdat.

EDIT: Forgot to reply to everyone else. Oops.

You and I need to get friendlies in next time there's a tourney, Flux. I'd play online, but I'm awful at it.

To put it simply, this video is our metaphor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELmHDcfnuvk

The carrot is skill. The hamster is us. We must have all the skill.
It looked like he was deep-throating that carrot. I don't want us to suck a **** for skill. I mean, if it means beating Cali, aight.

Anyone up for smash for today or tomorrow? Hooray for no work on Saturday!
Today, pls?

Well, most probably don't take me very serial in this state, but i've always had a nack for high level gaming ((hence why I still bring up SC)) I know i'm still a bit behind in melee, but if theres smashfests and stuff, i'm ALWAYS up for going. I want to really nail down my mains so I can at least perform and not get destroyed. As for Brawl, i'm up for getting my characters down on that as well, but again, smashfests guys?

The only way we gonna be serial in competition is to get serial and organize. If someone has the ability to host a smashfest on certain days we need to really get a regular smashfest (or multiple) weekly and like Tony said, we need to get rid of nasty habits. I sure as hell know if I got rid of some of my disgusting habits and sped up my game i'd be pretty good, I think.

Input is always appreciated and I'm fairly certain there's no one in this state that can't take constructive criticism if it will help them improve and they're willing to learn

Now, all that said and done, in the end, serious business and competition aside, I think everyone also needs to maintain that this is supposed to be FUN. Once people start losing that objective, even if they own, that is already a bad habit and it needs to be broken. GUARANTEED you will perform better if you just have fun.
First thing to get in mind:
Skill in one game=/= Skill in another. Using Erik, our 4th or 5th best GG player as an example:

He gets stomped in SF4, and complains about it not being like 3s. He get stomped in 3s, and complains about it being too "gay". He gets stomped in Brawl, and just dismisses it.

That's not to say that you don't have an advantage. The biggest problem when trying to get competitive is breaking that first barrier, the one that keeps you from thinking like your opponenet and working based off that. If that wall is down already, then you've already got an advantage.

Also, as a protip, if you do well for one match, don't say you think you've improved. Ask instead what you could be doing better. Always ask what you could be doing to beat X set-up, avoid this combo, etc. At the end of playing, feel free to ask if you've improved.

That said, MaguS is right in that we can all improve, and to have fun, above all things. Bringing home 1st is important, but unless you're having fun, it doesn't matter.

Unless you're playing Brawl. That game is ONLY about bringing home first. Srsly.
XD

Btw, in Colorado we're going to be implementing the ledge-grab rule. Anyone that objects, we can play and I'll show you why we need it.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the ledge grab rule is that the max times you can grab the ledge in one game is 70. Correct? If someone calls somebody else out on it, at the results screen you can see how many times the ledge was grabbed i think.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Something about putting a cap on how many times you grab the ledge so as to prevent planking. You can check how many times you grab the ledge at the ending battle bonuses.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I hate my weekends. My parents are divorced, so I go to my dad's house every Saturday at 4, and then he needs to spend time with me before Sunday, which is the day I get all my homework done. (The homework that I didn't do on Friday because of lessons.)

That basically kills anything that I can do on the weekends without some serious rescheduling going on, plus I'm swamped on weekdays because I'm in the IB program.

As ferdi would say.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I prolly can't go to many smashfests because of this, so STOP CALLING ME OUT ON IT sheesh. I hate it a lot more than you mother ****ers do!

Ravin

Smash Lord
Guess that means my ledge game is compromised, but the most ledge grabs I hit are like, 25-35 at most.

Ask Nite :D

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
btw, if you guys want to have fun playing brawl, all you have to do is main Falcon or Ganon and then get all your opponents to do the same. Voila! Brawl is saved!!!!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Btw, in Colorado we're going to be implementing the ledge-grab rule. Anyone that objects, we can play and I'll show you why we need it.
I'm not a fan of implementing new rules until it's actually a problem... >___>

Unless it is and I just haven't noticed.

I mean, we don't know if Genesis is going to be limiting planking at all - I don't wanna end up blindsided.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Melee at Tim's, but call me/Tim beforehand. If too many people start to show up, we'll move to my house.

Bring a set-up if you decide to come, though. And seriously, unless I texted you specifically or your name is Ferdi, you NEED to call first.

Guess that means my ledge game is compromised, but the most ledge grabs I hit are like, 25-35 at most.

Ask Nite :D
Not at all. With it being at 70 grabs, the only way you'll hit that number is if you grab the ledge every six seconds. That's including when you stop to kill them. You'll be fine.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
About the Ledge-Grab rule:

LOL @ Ledge-Grab rule thread. Some people...

Either way, I think this rule is completely fine to implement. In Colorado, no one really excessively stalls, or barely even stalls at all (that one time Nite vs Mikez0r in Springs is the closest situation I can think of, and that was without use of edges.) So basically, having the rule is a pretty empty threat, I think. So there won't be any problem to just HAVE it there. If anything, it'll make us conscious on how to use our stages and area to up our game.

People on the first few pages (I couldn't bring myself to read any more) were arguing about recovering, legitimately, 70 times in a match. To me, no way in possible hell can that happen unless someone is purposely using jabs against someone at400+%. There's no way to legitimately pass 70 ledge grabs in a straight-forward match. It even leaves room for people who wanna use ledges as tactics, without it becoming abusive. Save it for the end of the match, or whatever.

I personally see no problem enforcing this rule. I think it's a useless rule in Colorado, because we're all pretty cool guys, but might as well have it for any out-of-staters, or if Brawl ever takes a huge turn for Colorado.

Top Bottom