• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Me and Tony had a match run out once.

Lawl Pikachu vs Sonic...

Also, another tournament to think about....
http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=399

It IS only Brawl, and also is EVO. 1 week after Genesis. I am most likely going to this because I'm going to college in LV in the fall.

Many of us will be too broke to go after Genesis though. Lol.

Something to think about.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I know that. But the heads of Evo remain the same, and I remain unmoved by their want of more money. Did you know they threatened to kick Final Round from their 'circuit' unless they cut smash? Just one reason I have no desire to give them my $$$.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Sorry that I called and said I was going to be going, I know I wasn't missed but my bad for saying I was gonna go, some stuff came up =/.

Hopefully I have a job lined up soon though so I can start being serial again!

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Just so you guys know, Allisbrawl are running the EVO smash tourney, im not voicing my opinion on that, just so you all are aware.

Im not going to be able to go to devastation, though instead I will attemp to go to a tournament up in washington called Tourneyplay

Also updates on Oregon smash:

MELEE
- Washington is good at melee
- Watching KaMaster kick the crap out of eggz was amazing, even better than any vid.
- I have no idea how to win a melee singles match. Though picking shiek and doing nothing but dthrow > fair was doing suprisingly well
- Some of the other Oregon guys are also decent at Melee, nothing like the top washington players, but pretty good.

BRAWL
-Tommy and his overrated Rob is pretty much the best in Oregon, or maybe a camping / chainthrowing DDD player named Moochero, or a Snake player that uses a lot of Dthrow to tech chase along with the usual snake bull****tery.
- Moochero has no idea how to deal with an Olimar that out camps him. Funniest thing ever.
- Noone in Oregon cares about keeping the scene going, and tournament attendance is "Meh, maybe..."
- Everyone owes me a dollar at genesis / when I come back for supercon if I start winning OR tournaments. (Maybe I will buy you guys icecream)
- I have no idea how to fight metaknight as Olimar, true story.

I think that is all for now, I am tired and actually got stopped by a cop for Jaywalking tonight, so I think Im going to cry myself to sleep and have dreams of my own bad luck.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
flux can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in olimar vs. mk, you grab, uair, and pivot grab. Also, stand under platforms.

And I'm pretty sure I don't owe you a dollar.

And I'm pretty sure that if Ka-Master has kept playing melee all this time, he's better than Jeris =/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Pretty sure you don't know just how good Jeris actually is, or how good CO is in relevance to the rest of the nation in Melee. Just sayin'.

Pre-OC3, prolly. A week or two after? Maybe. After that? I don't know.

Keep in mind that Ferdi has beaten people like Lunin before.

Also, I'm pretty sure you just don't play Olimar v MK

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I'm doubting CO's abilities on the whole by saying that Ka-Master is probably a small bit better than Jeris. How dare I think that. For shame Tim, for shame.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Olimar Versus MK

Obviously MK advantage.

Somethings that work well for Olimar.

-Pivot Grabs. (You should be good at these Steve)
-Fast falled nair into utilt/usmash
-Camping

General advice- Pikmin spamming is pretty much useless, you can try, but MK deals with them pretty effectively.

MK likes to approach with tornado ALOT in this matchup. It's difficult to compete with those grabs if MK is in range. To combat this, there are a plethora of options. If you're flashy, go for a forward air and knock MK out of it. Back air won't do anything. Not enough priority.

I highly recommend shield tilting the tornado, then when the MK goes to run away, follow them and grab them in the MK's ending lag. When MK is ready to be killed, (90%) substitute a grab for an upsmash.

Don't get into a smash war with MK. He will spot dodge and dsmash, do NOT mirror that pattern. Wait for the MK to make the move, sheild, and grab. Simple.

Biggest problem will be recovering. Stay on the stage as best you can. Don't try to be fancy and spike him or try to gimp. Just let him come back and go from there. If you can recover using whistle, unpredictable air dodges, and good di, you should be in control generally if you can stop tornado.

Most MK's have a poor sense of spacing, so space them with your grabs and let them make the moves.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Tony you are giving CO to much credit for doing absolutely nothing special or to stand out
Just keep your mouth shut till you see what we are actually capable of... "Srsly"
Dont be like those losers vet smashers and some new smashers here and say behind peoples back "Yeah i can beat so and so no problem" And never actually do it when the time comes
Like not even close
YOU KNOW WHO YOU PEOPLE ARE!!!
I wont say any names but i laugh in my mind when they fail for being so stupid

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I can totally beat the M2K....in thumb wars!

But yeah, I mean, Jeris is really good, but WA still has monthly melee tourneys going, and Ka-Master has been traveling and playing melee. Let's hope I get proven wrong.

And finally, some comedy. For that HOBO tourney in houston, some NM players went with Dark Meow and a couple other Durango people. They aren't returning with them. Why?

"Unfortunately, they didn't really have the best trip to and back from WHOBO. They initially drove with Dark Meow1 and pals. Those guys drove a terrible car that got ~14 mpg, and they barely had any money on them. Upon reaching WHOBO, they panhandled...
If our attendees went with Dark Meow back home, they would have to be a part of that panhandling ****."

Hahahahahahaha

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I can totally beat the M2K....in thumb wars!

But yeah, I mean, Jeris is really good, but WA still has monthly melee tourneys going, and Ka-Master has been traveling and playing melee. Let's hope I get proven wrong.

And finally, some comedy. For that HOBO tourney in houston, some NM players went with Dark Meow and a couple other Durango people. They aren't returning with them. Why?

"Unfortunately, they didn't really have the best trip to and back from WHOBO. They initially drove with Dark Meow1 and pals. Those guys drove a terrible car that got ~14 mpg, and they barely had any money on them. Upon reaching WHOBO, they panhandled...
If our attendees went with Dark Meow back home, they would have to be a part of that panhandling ****."

Hahahahahahaha
i'm sorry i still don't quite get what happend, more explaination plz? and i agree with hebrahi's post

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, seriously? So how did NM get back?

Tony you are giving CO to much credit for doing absolutely nothing special or to stand out
Just keep your mouth shut till you see what we are actually capable of... "Srsly"
Dont be like those losers vet smashers and some new smashers here and say behind peoples back "Yeah i can beat so and so no problem" And never actually do it when the time comes
Like not even close
YOU KNOW WHO YOU PEOPLE ARE!!!
I wont say any names but i laugh in my mind when they fail for being so stupid
I'm talking crap to get a rise, and you know it. Stick to your advice and keep your own mouth shut, sir "I can beat Tim". lolololol

"I laugh in my mind", wtf? Why don't you just put *laughs* and finish with the conversion to complete weeaboo?

EDIT: Tim, it's not so much that I believe with all my soul that Jeris can and will beat Ka. It's that I'm going to talk up my state as much as possible. The single worst moment of my entire gaming "career" was at OC3 in crews. Right before I went to play, Kenny said to our competition, "You don't need to worry about him", and I choked hardcore, losing to a Doc I really shouldn't have and preventing us from playing DBR. I doubt Jeris takes what most of us say to heart, but I'm not going to be sayin' stuff like "I bet that x player can beat ours". That's weak.

Also, Nite, why don't you tell Jeris to "keep his mouth shut" next time he says that he doesn't think Ka Master can see his Luigi? Where were your balls when he said that to your face? Or was it okay because no OoSers could hear him talkin'?

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Honestly, only recently have i figured out what is "good" and "really good" in melee.

Most of the guys at he tournament were better than me (not everyone!! iknowrite). But people like eggz and Ka-Master were in a whole other league, when you guys beat me in melee it was so out of my ability I couldn't tell what was really happening.

Out of pure memory, Ka-Master will beat anyone that i played in melee from CO, i never played Jeris, but his **** was on point.

Im attempting to get OR more interested in Genesis, but it might be hard lol.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so recap of what happened:

Kash and a couple other NM players wanted to go to WHOBO this weekend. Dark Meow and 2 other Durango players did as well. Durango drove to NM, picked them up, and away they went to WHOBO. When they got there, the Durango players revealed that they didn't bring enough money for the weekend, and resorted to begging for money in order to get home. The NM players were told that if they didn't beg as well, they weren't allowed in the car on the way back, so they're taking greyhound home.

Short: Durango is poor, begged at a tourney, screwed NM. Hoo hoo hoo.

And when did I ever say that Ka-Master was gonna be better at Luigi dittos? Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ok, so recap of what happened:

Kash and a couple other NM players wanted to go to WHOBO this weekend. Dark Meow and 2 other Durango players did as well. Durango drove to NM, picked them up, and away they went to WHOBO. When they got there, the Durango players revealed that they didn't bring enough money for the weekend, and resorted to begging for money in order to get home. The NM players were told that if they didn't beg as well, they weren't allowed in the car on the way back, so they're taking greyhound home.

Short: Durango is poor, begged at a tourney, screwed NM. Hoo hoo hoo.
Wowwwwwww... That's really lame. Like... Wtf? Durango is garbage. Poor NM kids.

And when did I ever say that Ka-Master was gonna be better at Luigi dittos? Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!
Well played, Tim.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, guys. Who all is going to Devastation? I am looking to go and am wondering if you guys want to try to get housing together?

Also, update. I have been going to a psychiatrist for 2 issues. 1. Anger Management(You knew this one!) And Cutting! Yay! But, I have been getting better. But, if I start having issues, grab my left arm and squeeze please.

Thank you!

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys. Who all is going to Devastation? I am looking to go and am wondering if you guys want to try to get housing together?

Also, update. I have been going to a psychiatrist for 2 issues. 1. Anger Management(You knew this one!) And Cutting! Yay! But, I have been getting better. But, if I start having issues, grab my left arm and squeeze please.

Thank you!
thats good for u bro. We have all had our tough times but just gotta keep that chin up high and keep going.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Sinz stop being such an attention ***** gawl

But, really, it's good that you are getting help. A lot of things in life aren't easy to accomplish alone. What Yang said, I concur. Hopefully you start feeling better about yourself soon!

Also, devestation, link please so I can know if I can get money together by then or not ! =)

Top Bottom