• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Tony, I think everyone knows at this point that it was not designed to be a single player experience, but that's what people really look for when they buy an RE game. Almost making it a penalty to play solo, what with the computer AI and the team gimmicks everywhere is very against what most people want from RE. Then again, people used to buy RE for survival horror...

Also, I won't be at the thing this weekend because I want to see how the Grand Junctionites are. I might even inform them that Soul Calibur is up to 4 now, and that there are newish Street Fighters that people like.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the Ndesu (bigger, stronger, faster el gigante) fight was fun, but I wish the car was moving..........

Also, why did they make it a gears of war clone? Stupid........The puzzles were even easier than the ones in gears...............

Seriously, I miss the old layouts of the games when they were actually scary. The game sucks when you play alone, Sheva kills herself for fun it seems, Chris is even worse as AI. Mercenaries is good, but still, there should be a solo mode, without AI dumbing it up.

Hell, Resident Evil 0 had better AI than this game.................

*spoilers*
I especially hate how wesker was made into some maniacal idiot bent on world domination..........The game became some sci-fi action movie because of that.

And for you ddr/guitar hero/stand up fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olaSqrF5qdg&feature=channel

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Tony, I think everyone knows at this point that it was not designed to be a single player experience, but that's what people really look for when they buy an RE game. Almost making it a penalty to play solo, what with the computer AI and the team gimmicks everywhere is very against what most people want from RE. Then again, people used to buy RE for survival horror...

Also, I won't be at the thing this weekend because I want to see how the Grand Junctionites are. I might even inform them that Soul Calibur is up to 4 now, and that there are newish Street Fighters that people like.
Lol cool the more the merrier and the reason we are playing Soul Calibur 2 instead of 4 is because there was demand for it more than 4 so we went with the consensus but we will see what the turnout is. Street Fighter 4 doesn't seem to have that big of a crowd out here for seem reason because the last few tournaments I went to (GameStop release date and The GamerZ Planet, a local gamestore) did not have a lout of people like only 4 showed up. So we have Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 going which the Street Fighter part is the same so ya. Also would be cool to meet you Timotee just tell me who you are when you sign up at front table so I can say hi. Any others want to show western Colorado that the Eastern side is alot better at smash are welcome to join.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
We seem to all have different experiences with the RE 5 AI. Mine is a bittersweet one. Sheva aims perfectly, and it's amazing. But I swear, she has X-Ray Chris vision and spends at least 60% of the time shooting my back. I admit, if I wasn't there, they'd be spot on shots, but she makes no effort to act like I'm there. It get so bad that I move out of the way, forwards, backwards, to the side, behind her, a whole different corridor, and she feels the necessity to massage my back with bullets. Thank GOD there is no friendly fire. She's unusually prude with using Machine Gun Ammo. She's packing maybe 300+ bullets now, on two MG type weapons. It's nice until I realize that a lot of those shots are hitting ME. I even was out of the way for a down zombie, which she shot three times at. One at the head, one at the shoulder, one at the torso, which is where -I- was standing, and it hits me instead.

Also, she stops shooting when it really matters, i.e. I'm sniping something and doing against wall actions, and I get side swiped by a random enemy because she didn't even make an effort to shoot at it, which would at least notify me that something is coming. i.e. part 2 when a reaper is coming straight at me. In fact, I don't think she's shot a reaper once out of maybe 10 times I've encountered them (I keep dying because she won't shoot, nor run away.)

But WHEN she shoots, and it's not at me, it's incredible the kinds of shots she makes with a pistol or machine gun.

tl;dr version: Sheva is 40% good AI.

Also Tony, take the grenades, save them (except for Flashes, quickly use, sell, trash those, IMO) and spam them when **** is REALLY hardcore.

I'll probably finish this game tomorrow.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
All I've played is the demo tho, and that **** is the bomb when you're co-op'ing with someone.

I heard it gets really weird cuz the zombies learn how to use machine guns towards the end.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the Ndesu (bigger, stronger, faster el gigante) fight was fun, but I wish the car was moving..........

Also, why did they make it a gears of war clone? Stupid........The puzzles were even easier than the ones in gears...............

Seriously, I miss the old layouts of the games when they were actually scary. The game sucks when you play alone, Sheva kills herself for fun it seems, Chris is even worse as AI. Mercenaries is good, but still, there should be a solo mode, without AI dumbing it up.

Hell, Resident Evil 0 had better AI than this game.................

*spoilers*
I especially hate how wesker was made into some maniacal idiot bent on world domination..........The game became some sci-fi action movie because of that.

And for you ddr/guitar hero/stand up fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olaSqrF5qdg&feature=channel
I only agree with the spoilers
The game was fun but not the best
And wtf why does the Ai suck for you guys mine never got hit unless i got hit first
She was amazing with the machine gun
perfect aim, saves my ***, etc
The story is getting a little out of hand

Jamaal i never tried in 5 but does the flash granade still kill the parasite when it pops out of someones head?

And on a side note have any of you seen The super version of sonic on sonic and the black knight?
He looks cool but only because he looks like a digimon
The golden egg digivolution of veemon ( the second season tai rip off digimon for those who dont know what im talking about)
I think it was exveemon but i think that was his champion one =/

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Which egg?
There's

Flamedramon with digi egg of courage
Raider/raidenmon? I forgot, it looks cool but i forgot name and digi egg
Magnamon with digi egg of miracle

<3333 DIGIMANS

ferdi edit: quick search, its Raidramon with digi egg of friendship

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I hate homework. Anyone want to write an essay on Truman's 2nd inaugural speech for me before dawn?

I was always a pokemon kind of dude. I hated that the Digimon could talk, and that they could de-volve. lol. I am still in love with zoids though.

geez, I gotta rent that zoidz game for the gamecube again. I can't believe that never took off

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I think that was it. I rented it for like a month straight and had my blade Liger completely decked out by the time I beat it. amazing stuff

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Ya Zoids legend was such an awesome game and versus was so much fun for it. Death Saurer was my favorite to play because I could destroy a enemy with a single blast.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
so when is this grand junction thingy, i might want to tag along if there is room

Dear YangFuShang,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Signature Violation
-------
If your signature is bigger than the post you're making, then don't post your sig.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Grand Junction is this weekend. So far, it's only Tim and me.

Grand Junction Budget!

250 miles
500 miles
+10 for wandering
510 miles
/15 mpg
=34 gallons of gas
*2 (price per gallon)
=$68 for gas
/by number of people
3 people= $23 for gas
4 people= $17 for gas
Add $10 per game participating in
Add $10-20 for food.

Estimated price for me, Tim, and Jamaal:
$60

-----

I need a reconfirm before I do the Genesis budget, since it looks like some people are considering ducking. =/

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I only agree with the spoilers
The game was fun but not the best
And wtf why does the Ai suck for you guys mine never got hit unless i got hit first
She was amazing with the machine gun
perfect aim, saves my ***, etc
The story is getting a little out of hand

Jamaal i never tried in 5 but does the flash granade still kill the parasite when it pops out of someones head?

And on a side note have any of you seen The super version of sonic on sonic and the black knight?
He looks cool but only because he looks like a digimon
The golden egg digivolution of veemon ( the second season tai rip off digimon for those who dont know what im talking about)
I think it was exveemon but i think that was his champion one =/
Yeah, flash grenades still kill parasites instantly. Even the tough to kill venus flytrap ones. So it's a good idea to always have a flash grenade on hand.

I'm glad Sheva was decent enough for you, I wish I had the same experience.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
MvC2 has some pretty Op projectile characters
You mean the top 4....
Then with Iron-Man and Cyclops right behind them?

I just think the game list for the grand junction is a little wack...

SC2? MvC2? w/e if you guys actually have people who play these games still w/e.

But DOA4? Really?

Honestly you should start playing games that most other communities are also playing, that way you might get people to drive way the **** out to the *** end of nowhere (Grand Junction) for something other than just brawl.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Lusiris, question. If we were to bring a 360, would we be able to set up SF4 on a tv, or will there not be any to spare? Figured if there was a tv free, we could let people try out the new hype.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
You mean the top 4....

But DOA4? Really?

Honestly you should start playing games that most other communities are also playing, that way you might get people to drive way the **** out to the *** end of nowhere (Grand Junction) for something other than just brawl.
The video game list was composed mainly by vote. When people came in for the last tournament they wrote down what games they would like to see and have a tournament for. These games except for Brawl( was mandatory) were chosen entirely by a democratic way. The next tournament we throw will have a different theme like FPS or RTS. The main goal of my tournament organization is to create a scene for Western Colorado gamers where we can meet and have fun and play competitively. If people want a certain game just write it down when you sign up for the tournament in the suggestion box.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Oh, Lusiris, question. If we were to bring a 360, would we be able to set up SF4 on a tv, or will there not be any to spare? Figured if there was a tv free, we could let people try out the new hype.
Thats fine we will have freindlies going on 24/7 on one of the TV's so we could set that one up and I could give you a hour or whatever to show everyone SF4 and how much fun it is.

Shea Machost

Smash Rookie
I usually don't post in these sort of things due to my dislike of internet forums and the general bad taste left in one's mouth and drop in IQ from usage of most of them, however.

" Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche-Guevara
You mean the top 4....

But DOA4? Really?

Honestly you should start playing games that most other communities are also playing, that way you might get people to drive way the **** out to the *** end of nowhere (Grand Junction) for something other than just brawl. "

To be quite honest with you GOWC is the brainchild of myself, Lusiris, and a couple others. We consider ourselves hardcore, fun loving otaku and know of many others like us in the area. These are the games we enjoy playing and so far the buzz and excitment for this event in our area has been quite good. There will be friendlies of other games throughout the day: Guilty Gear XX, Killer Instinct, Capcom vs SNK 2 EO, Street Fighter 3 (4 is possible too if someone twists my arm into it as I have little love for that game) and so on. Suggestions for the day and for future events will be taken all day and by the end of it we'll be geared to plan our next amazing event though I intend to keep a mix of the new main stream stuff and hardcore games.

Would we like to see gamers from other areas of Colorado such as the eastern slope come down? Of course we would. However our target audience is that of our own area hence the name of the organization Gamers & Otaku of Western Colorado.

Shea Machost

Smash Rookie
I really don't know if that is a great idea. This is not my distaste for the game speaking on this one I just don't want people to bring equipment, something to perhaps happen to it, and then pin the blame on us.

Top Bottom