• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
so i smoked for the first time today. Apparently i had some high quality stuff. Well anyways my throat got really dry and sore and i had to drink like 5 cups of water. Good thing my friend was an expert and helped me though since i heard most people on their first try don't even inhale it right.
what did you laugh about

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I got 5th, you guys. Lost to Falco and D3. The D3 was good, but I lost a round to him that I shouldn't have because Final Round uses ******** rules. If you suicide kill to win a match, you lose. D:

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I got 5th, you guys. Lost to Falco and D3. The D3 was good, but I lost a round to him that I shouldn't have because Final Round uses ******** rules. If you suicide kill to win a match, you lose. D:
oh well nice try, how did everyone else do in like everything else?

Dear YangFuShang,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Signature Violation
-------
If your signature is bigger than the post you're making, then don't post your sig.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
You can get the whole thing in one book now. idk, I think it used to be in seperate volumes though. Regardless, just get the whole book. You can find it at any bookstore really. If not, they suck major nuts, because Watchmen's really popular right now, not only due to the movie but the rerelease of the book.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I think I'll get it. There is some major watchmen racism in this thread.

Hey guys I don't play brwal anymore. I've switched to beating up lvl 1's with ganon in Melee. wtf. How is this more fun? I don't know I just want to keep..... Dairing.......

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
is that just wavelanding onto the platforms like a pro?

lol I'm really a total noob. I can't even wavedash more than twice in the same 5 seconds span. it sucks.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No. It's like... jumping into it from below and wavelanding at the perfect x angle, for AMAZING distance and speed.

We should get together sometime to work on your game. I can give ya tips for technicals, but I hafta see how you do things, first.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I'm looking forward to spring break even more now.

I'm thinking like melee, GG and brawl+?

Hopefully yang isn't too stoned to make it, either.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
so i was searching around for final round results and i didn't see anyone....uh more info plzz?

like who all went / results?
From the sounds of it, only Tony and Tim went (I guess Steve couldn't make it, and Don ducked out of going to move out of Tim's place instead, and I had not enough monies to go.)

As far as we know, in Smash: Tony got 5th, Tim got 12th.

If they played Guilty, it probably wasn't very good due to their SFIV playing. :laugh:

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Things I learned at Final Round:

Justin Wong is too good
The Brawl scenes needs to man up and be more ruthless. There can't be pity or honor if you want to win. Truly saw that first hand.
There really wasn't a need to play SF4 on console, as I only saw Sagat, Ryu, Chun, Abel, Zangief, and C-Viper.
I should probably play brawl once in a while if I want to win out of state at it.
Forward is a ducker.
Chipp can win almost win a tourney, until a really good potemkin shows up.
MvC2 is crazy ****, man.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jamjam, we should play Survival mode, co-op, on RE5 once you unlock it.

:D

*edit*
Also, Tony, I'll be willing to start playing brawl via Wifi with you. Tired of Utah..........

*edit 2*
A lot of the people playing RE5 are action whores who've only played 4 and 5. I played with this kid, he told me that RE4's puzzles made his head hurt because they were so "hard".......................Then he died on many an occasion, partially since he used nothing but his stun rod against the spider boss............and that's because he wasted his magnum ammo on the majini. (He only brought his magnum and the stun rod)

I miss the old RE games :(. There weren't half as many idiots playing them.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Things I learned at Final Round:

Justin Wong is too good
The Brawl scenes needs to man up and be more ruthless. There can't be pity or honor if you want to win. Truly saw that first hand.
There really wasn't a need to play SF4 on console, as I only saw Sagat, Ryu, Chun, Abel, Zangief, and C-Viper.
I should probably play brawl once in a while if I want to win out of state at it.
Forward is a ducker.
Chipp can win almost win a tourney, until a really good potemkin shows up.
MvC2 is crazy ****, man.
lol brawl. lol yang.

lol dodgers.

lol chipp, more like chipp damage.

MvC2 is crazy.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
A lot of the people playing RE5 are action whores who've only played 4 and 5. I played with this kid, he told me that RE4's puzzles made his head hurt because they were so "hard".......................Then he died on many an occasion, partially since he used nothing but his stun rod against the spider boss............and that's because he wasted his magnum ammo on the majini. (He only brought his magnum and the stun rod)

I haven't played with anyone yet, but I've noticed an extremely distinct lacking of puzzles in RE5 that's making me sad. The only puzzle I've come across so far was way way WAY too easy. :( And because of previous REs, I'm such an survival item *****. :laugh: I refuse to touch my treasures until I feel I truly need to sell them, and I have almost every gun I've come by still in my inventory. And I only buy First Aid Sprays. I'm such a stud.

But kay, we will play whatevers mode laters whenever it's unlocked.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I can tell you the rules for Wasabi later. I'm tired now. Expect our budget for Genesis within the next 24 hours or so.

I'll post more about FR later.

We do need to start being ***** in Brawl. Seriously. Also, I'm going to revise our rules and cut out our gimmick stages. Not having Pirate Ship or Green Greens to fall back on ruined me. I'll still prolly keep GGs, because that stage srsly should be legal.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
oh man i brawl tourny this saturday!! also i went to a brawl tournament here in los angeles, a lot of good people and a huge brawl scene!! i met bardull and oki!! if anybody knows who those people are lol

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Hey Jamjam, we should play Survival mode, co-op, on RE5 once you unlock it.

:D

*edit*
Also, Tony, I'll be willing to start playing brawl via Wifi with you. Tired of Utah..........

*edit 2*

I miss when you could play a single player game without having the experience suck because it was designed for two people. Not saying RE 5 sucks, haven't even played it yet. But I really am not looking forward to having some dumb AI follow me around the whole time. But I also like to play some games alone.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
oh man i brawl tourny this saturday!! also i went to a brawl tournament here in los angeles, a lot of good people and a huge brawl scene!! i met bardull and oki!! if anybody knows who those people are lol
Hahaha i promised oki i would smoke with him when i went to genesis
Hes a good friend of mine. . . we used to rival with gaw back when i cared for a main
but now i just try to camp him as hard as i can
Ill do the same to you ^ ^

Also RE5 was a pretty good game
it was a little too short and the story got kinda too sci fi
but the only thing im dissaponted about is that there really is no reason to play it again unless you play with a friend =/

and oh man that AI is broken as hell
it dodges everything until you get hurt and has perfect aim with limited ammo xD

and on a fun side note

I have upgraded lovos, henrys, mine and tonys wii (as in new backup launchers and junk)
if anyone else with a hacked wii wants to know how to fix the error #002 let me know so i can help you downgrade your wii while upgrading the channels =D
Remember unless you do you wont be able to play newer games like sonic and the fail knights and madworld and junk

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I miss when you could play a single player game without having the experience suck because it was designed for two people. Not saying RE 5 sucks, haven't even played it yet. But I really am not looking forward to having some dumb AI follow me around the whole time. But I also like to play some games alone.
i agree... kinda wish they would have stuck with the one player format. although i did play the whole thing with my friend online.

it wasnt that short heibrahi i dont know what your talking about itw as like 10 hours almost on veteran when i played with my friend.. plus im gonna keep playing mercenaries and **** so not that short

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
i agree... kinda wish they would have stuck with the one player format. although i did play the whole thing with my friend online.

it wasnt that short heibrahi i dont know what your talking about itw as like 10 hours almost on veteran when i played with my friend.. plus im gonna keep playing mercenaries and **** so not that short
really? hmmm guess it just felt short to me
i dunno man ill have to play it again and see

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
I used to be able to do all that bull with the IC's, but the fact that I can't control one of them all the time just drives me insane.

Just pick up the top tiers. I am working on my d3 now :)

Edit: Pika has a new chaingrab on Meta, Falco, and Snake. It's pretty nasty too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dwg0Vfv_ys

Looks escapable, but it isn't if done correctly.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Maybe it's not a single player game after all? Hrm...

I wish the ***** would use grenades. Things feel useless to me right now.

Also, it sucks that they don't go into a stumble state if you shoot them below the kneecap anymore. No more broken 1 shot killing 3 people because they were nearby when you did your action attack.

Neck snap is still too good, though.

Top Bottom