• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Lunchmeat and Magus are reborn at the same time? Well, I know at least Nite will be at the d-town thing, not sure who else. We currently have 7 people interested, but a car for 5...we'll figure it outs.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Did I just hear the word "Magus"?

I heard that he was hella good.......... till he got fat!

PS I <3 CO!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

miss you lots

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If I were to use our money on Phoenix Downs, I'd be bringing back Victor. D:

so is there room for me to tag along? if so let me know like where i need to be and stuff.
I think you're allowed to come.

So far we have:

Me
Tim
Jamz
You
Ferdi
???
???

And G.O.W.C. just became a lot less cool. I didn't know the O stood for Otaku. Now I have a sour taste in my mouth.

Is all good. Any organization that caters to their community is spades in my book. Still... Otaku...

Gross.

EDIT: If it's okay with Tim, I'd suggest we meet at his house Friday night. It'd make leaving early easier. I can house people for the night if Tim can't, but I need to know by tonight.

Shea Machost

Smash Rookie
If I were to use our money on Phoenix Downs, I'd be bringing back Victor. D:

I think you're allowed to come.

So far we have:

Me
Tim
Jamz
You
Ferdi
???
???

And G.O.W.C. just became a lot less cool. I didn't know the O stood for Otaku. Now I have a sour taste in my mouth.

Is all good. Any organization that caters to their community is spades in my book. Still... Otaku...

Gross.
I don't quite understand the sour sentiments but look forward to seeing ya'll at the event in any case.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's just that otaku=weeaboo, and weeaboos are the single most annoying people ever. D: D: D:

See: Sakura Con 2009 Commercial

How can you not loathe those people?

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Yeah, another one. :). Top two spots will be SEEDED at our major in september. Its nice not to have to play so many games all the time.

When:
05-16-09

Where:

What time:
Casuals start @ 11am
Start time @ 1pm

*Tournament WILL start EXACTLY @ 1pm. If you are late, your not getting in the bracket. Your not buying your way in. Show up on time if you plan on being apart of this event.

Games:
SF4
HDR
SC4
BRAWL*
* I will talk with the brawl community "heads" to make sure that we have everything we need for this tournament to happen.

Format:
Community Fund: $10.00
Entry: $5.00
Double elimination
2/3 untill finals, 3/5 finals

Tournament Scedule:
1pm - 3pm SC4, HDR (Brawl starting at 1pm and ongoing)
3pm - 5pm SF4 (Brawl still ongoing)
5pm - 7pm Finals and clean up

Rules:
Hdr: default time/rounds, Akuma IS allowed. Classic akuma is banned.
Sf4: default time/rounds/damage, all characters allowed
Sc4: default time/3of5 rounds, Apprentice is allowed. Algol/Guests are banned.
Brawl: Go here
Ggac: default time/rounds. No black or gold characters.

Please bring your own controller. Some will be there but, if you own any you should bring it. We are going to be more strict about this if its really starts holding up tournaments.

Please sign up and let us know you are coming!

SF4

HDR

SC4

Brawl*

Shea Machost

Smash Rookie
It's just that otaku=weeaboo, and weeaboos are the single most annoying people ever. D: D: D:

See: Sakura Con 2009 Commercial

How can you not loathe those people?

Oh my lord..... That was painful to watch I have got to say. I think my lunch is about forfeit after that :urg:

Ok yeah I see what your saying however I'm going by the loose meaning of otaku: one who has a great interest in anime, games, manga and the like. Of course those sorts are bound to pop up but I'm sure you aren't able to stand everyone at the tournaments you go to either.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We could take 2 cars you know, then everyone that wants to could go on a road trip. Leaving poor nite all alone.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Two spots left mike and delicious dave
So you guys will make life easier by paying less for gas
Plus kaze posted D= Why the hell arent you here gosh darnit

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Let us know by tonight who all wants to go to GJ, so we can figure out rides and ****.

Also, fun reading!

----

Chess is a crappy tactical turn based RPG developed by a bunch of monkeys.

Right away you'll notice Chess has no storyline. Instead, all you notice is the the White army and the Black army are fighting each other over a battlefield. Note the "a battlefield," because Chess only has one story map.

As for the actual combat, it's extremely dull. Each unit can kill another with only one hit. This means units with a real good movement ability dominate the field (more on that bellow). There aren't even any combat animations or anything that happens in combat. One unit moves on it's space and "captures" it, and they piece is removed from the game with no form of action or special effects.

Yawn.

Chess has ****ty class balance. The Queen is flat out overpowered while your actual front line units, the Pawns. can't do ****. I think the developers were afraid that no one would use the female character so they buffed up her abilities really high but now theres no point in using any other unit.

The rest of the units suck. Rooks can only move in 4 directions, same with Bishops. Boring. Also, whats up with the Knight? It has the most bizzare combat abilities of all the units? They're retardly hard to use cause they jump around like ******* to move and attack. The devs should have named this unit Ninja, since Knights didn't jump around like that in real life.

Worst part, is the king. You see, the devs decided that if your king gets captured, you instantly lose the game. W-T-F? This wouldn't be a problem, except that he can't move for crap. Seriously, the most important unit in the game can only move 1 space a turn? Good luck keeping him alive while every other unit in the game dances around him.

Unbalanced classes, lackluster gameplay, and not to mention repetitive 1 hour+ games. Chess is not worth the time or your money. Buy Final Fantasy Tactics or WH40K Squad command instead.

3 out of 10.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hey I won't be able to make it to the tourney this Sat cause I'll be away for spring break. Thus, I won't be at your house for Friday Yang you can cancel that, some other time. This news was given to me just today cause people are always lazy.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
Whats up all? Anyone in Colorado Springs? Just checkin up on the smash scene in Colorado since i've been gone for a while now

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Steve and Peach want to go if there's room, so we gots ta figure out if we're taking two cars or one. Also, where to buy our single glove to play MvC2 with.

Also, we're never really sure if there is anyone in the Springs. Random people appear from there for a day here, then vanish forever.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Chess is a crappy tactical turn based RPG developed by a bunch of monkeys.

Right away you'll notice Chess has no storyline. Instead, all you notice is the the White army and the Black army are fighting each other over a battlefield. Note the "a battlefield," because Chess only has one story map.

As for the actual combat, it's extremely dull. Each unit can kill another with only one hit. This means units with a real good movement ability dominate the field (more on that bellow). There aren't even any combat animations or anything that happens in combat. One unit moves on it's space and "captures" it, and they piece is removed from the game with no form of action or special effects.

Yawn.

Chess has ****ty class balance. The Queen is flat out overpowered while your actual front line units, the Pawns. can't do ****. I think the developers were afraid that no one would use the female character so they buffed up her abilities really high but now theres no point in using any other unit.

The rest of the units suck. Rooks can only move in 4 directions, same with Bishops. Boring. Also, whats up with the Knight? It has the most bizzare combat abilities of all the units? They're retardly hard to use cause they jump around like ******* to move and attack. The devs should have named this unit Ninja, since Knights didn't jump around like that in real life.

Worst part, is the king. You see, the devs decided that if your king gets captured, you instantly lose the game. W-T-F? This wouldn't be a problem, except that he can't move for crap. Seriously, the most important unit in the game can only move 1 space a turn? Good luck keeping him alive while every other unit in the game dances around him.

Unbalanced classes, lackluster gameplay, and not to mention repetitive 1 hour+ games. Chess is not worth the time or your money. Buy Final Fantasy Tactics or WH40K Squad command instead.

3 out of 10.
haha, that really made me laugh

Also, what is happening this weekend? I might actually be able to attend something this weekend :o

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If this keeps up, we may have to crew battle GJ. :D!

Who else can offer a car? Mine is available, but only as a last resort. It's uncomfortable for long trips, the driver seat can't move, the driver's window won't roll down, and it's a manual. Anyone else have a car to offer up?

Whats up all? Anyone in Colorado Springs? Just checkin up on the smash scene in Colorado since i've been gone for a while now
Wtf? I thought you died or something.

There are a few players sprinkled throughout the Springs, but it's tricky to get a hold of them. Brawl or Melee?

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
If this keeps up, we may have to crew battle GJ. :D!
Sounds awesome can't wait to show my wario skills and let it be known that MvC2 will be on the dreamcast and we will be supplying controllers for the all of the events but you're welcome to bring your own of course.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
MvC2 should always be DC, non?

We should reaaaaaaaaaally have SF4 as a side tournament if there's enough time at the end. That would be the hotness. :D :D :D

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
If you can get the people for it and if we have the time sure. We will have 4 T.v.'s for the tournament and 2 for friendlies so we will see how fast it goes. Just remind me after the brawl tournaments and I will discuss it with the other G.O.W.C. leader.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
Hellz yeah out of nowhere! I've been startin to get into melee a lot more again since i've found some competition down here. I'm gonna be up in aurora this coming week for spring break too. If anyone is doin anything melee related next week, let me know cuz i want to see how i stack up these days.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
I know lol. I never really got into brawl, just not my game, but i've been playin melee on and off. My technical skills are definitely still there, probably even better. I've still got it though

Top Bottom