• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Left4Dead Demo is pretty cool. I'm pretty excited for the actual release.

The game's difficulty levels jump a LOT. From finishing consistently on Normal, to barely even making it out of the first house on Advanced. Then there's Expert which I haven't tried yet.

Some people obviously haven't gotten the memo on this game being 99% teamwork and go running balls out alone. While funny, it leaves the team in a tizzy. To chase, or to leave them to die, and catch up later? It is very strictly a team game, and a rough one at that because I'll be trying to save someone, and might accidently shoot them a lot more than the zombies (pro tip with shotgun. Imagine and circle, and shoot the enemies with the edge of the circle.)

This is one game that has me often times saying "Oh ****!" Very fun.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, got something for all of you!! Christmas come early!!

Cutthroat Holiday Bash

Christmas comes early gamers!!

Cutthroat is teaming up with T.A.S.C, a student non-profit soccer group to bring you the Cutthroat Holiday Bash. This event is a fundraiser to help the T.A.S.C group achieve some of there objective for there soccer development but also will serve as a gaming heaven for all gamers. Come join us for a day of unlimited casual gaming and tournaments, food and drink and the chance to win great prizes in today's hottest games.

Location: University of Colorado in Denver, Auraria Campus, 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO, 80204 Tivoli Student Union, TurnHall

Date: December 3, 2008

Registration Starts:
Registration open at 5:00pm and tournaments start at 6:00pm

Games:

Note:

Those denoted by an * will have tournaments for them.
More tournaments will be announced soon!!

3D:

Soul Calibur 4*
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

2D:

Smash Bros. Brawl*

First Person Shooters:

HALO 3 (Free For All)*
Gears of War 2

Music Games:

Dance Dance Revolution
Rock Band / Guitar Hero: World Tour (Battle Bands)*

Sports Games:

Madden NFL 2008*
NBA 2k

Tournament Rules:

Note: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER / GUITAR / STICK

Rules will be explained the day of the event

Price / Prizes:

Entry Fee
$10 per person

Prizes: (Note: More prizes will be posted soon)
-IPod
-$100 Visa Card
-$150 Visa Card
-$50 gamestop gift card
-IPod BoomBox
more prizes on the way..

Sponsors:

-T.A.S.C
-N.V.G.A
-Gamestop
-Taco Bell
-Jamba Juice
-TCF Bank
-Metromix.com
-NOS Energy Drink
-Metro State University of Denver

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Location: University of Colorado in Denver, Auraria Campus, 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO, 80204 Tivoli Student Union, TurnHall
I know that place...

Smash Bros. Brawl*
Oh really...?

Dance Dance Revolution
Huh...

Prizes: (Note: More prizes will be posted soon)
-IPod
Need an iPod...

I might actually go to this thingy. *clicks*

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yes, alive and bored once again with a full tank of gas. Thought I'd peek in here...

Fall Fighter...?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It's stickied in this subforum. The friday/saturday after Thanksgiving. Lotsa stuff, good fun time, you should come. Yup yup yup.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Spent the last ten minutes looking for "fall fighter"...

=_____=

Hrm, the Frenzy sounds interesting. Only Brawl teams...? I might have a teammate then. And at Auraria too. I'll look into it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay, seriously, we need to know who all is going to OK. So far the only confirmed people are Tim, Jamaal, and me. If we don't get a 4th person, I might petition we be super-gay and remain in Colorado to play L4D and Brawl+. I'd like to go to OhSnap, but if we only have 3 people from CO representing... =/

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
My live is the same as my username, Demolisho. Hopefully you have Gears of War 2 as well, because we play that shiz a lot.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Too bad no american release in sight. Oh well, more of tony's modded Wii for us.

Viewtiful Joe announced for TvC, so awesome. Will have to get my VJ/MM team kickin' butt.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Hey Steve, can we please find a time to meet THIS weekend cus I either need the money or the stick back sorry, it's complicated now. Tim if Steve doesnt read this could you please let him know.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Sam, if you can't get a hold of Steve, the stick is at my house, so feel free to come get it so long as you get a hold of me before you head over.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Yoshihiro Togashi has some kind of disease I heard it was cancer but hunter x hunter is definitely worth the wait.

Top Bottom