• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Holy crap, Ferdi. That was amazing.

Also, I'll prolly participate in Melee for the biweeklies. SoCal is gonna kick my ***, but I'd like to at least prevent making CO look bad.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Tony, since the tourney is a 2 day thing, where are we going to be staying? The venue will be allowed for housing during the tournament? I mean, most of us live pretty far away and if we need to go back and forth each day...

And tourney directors take money from the venue fee right? Cause I mean if you guys take pot money, that's just some bull****.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
People can crash at my place or Nite's prolly, for the in-between days. Unless we all want to pitch in together for a hotel room at the place nearby.

And yeah, we only get Venue, no worries. I've even been working to keep the Venue fees from going higher than $20 for major events, despite the fact that it'll cut from me, since I don't feel it's fair to the players. The only reason it's this high for this event is:

1) Free Bowling
2) Discounted Food
3) Giveaways
4) I forgot, because I'm super tired.

EDIT: Ravin, you better make it to this. Bring your Wii/TV, I'll hook you up with cheap entrance. This thing is going to be huge, and you shouldn't miss it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
hooray, I don't get e-mailed smashboards updates anymore
Me neither. Also, User CP and private messaging have been down lately. Wtf?

Btw, I'm getting back into Jump. Anyone interested should lemme know. Mebbe we can have a free tournament on Sunday, which is when Steve's tournament will be, so I can attend. Also, I'll prolly be halping to run it this time, so things go smoothly. I'll bring Arcana, as well.

EDIT: Lawl, accidental double-post.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
People can crash at my place or Nite's prolly, for the in-between days. Unless we all want to pitch in together for a hotel room at the place nearby.

And yeah, we only get Venue, no worries. I've even been working to keep the Venue fees from going higher than $20 for major events, despite the fact that it'll cut from me, since I don't feel it's fair to the players. The only reason it's this high for this event is:

1) Free Bowling
2) Discounted Food
3) Giveaways
4) I forgot, because I'm super tired.

EDIT: Ravin, you better make it to this. Bring your Wii/TV, I'll hook you up with cheap entrance. This thing is going to be huge, and you shouldn't miss it.
Free Bowling? Sweet! Even though I'm terrible at bowling -_-

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
People can crash at my place or Nite's prolly, for the in-between days. Unless everyone but Tony wants to pitch in together for a hotel room at the place nearby.
My aunt lives in Colorado Springs, I might end up staying there woo! Maybe I can ask her if one or two more people could stay. Any takers?

Ravin

Smash Lord
When I got addicted to Pandamic 2, I ran across this Gif. And one of my best games when I beat it in 40 days, i took a shot of my status.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

Ravin

Smash Lord
@ Spirit - I saw the Pic you posted of it. but now we have a Gif for our signatures :D

@ Zeal - ****ing hell. I better find some cash quick then if I am being forced. How cheap are we talking? Lotus is going to kick me a hard one. We have water world on Aug 6th so I am going to be beat for a few days. Sunburn is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I am sure I can get the Wii out. About a TV ill have to discuss with the Girlfriends parents about. But I may have one that will work. Now im all excited. ****ing *******s.... Lol.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Heya guys.
Whats up? remember me? the mediocre DDD when the game had just came out?

I was just curious if there were any ganon's among you. I used to play ganon in melee. butt ganon looked to be unusable in Brawl.
However, Sliq seems to have given some ganon's hope.

Was curious what you guys thought.

Also, I havent really touched smash since I last played you guys due to this problem.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ganon gets owned by anyone with anything remotely resembling a projectile or speed. He's fun, though.

Ravin, what can you afford? I might cover some for you, if nothing else.

Ferdi, holy hell. Potegaman IV is my new favourite combo video ever.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
We have water world on Aug 6th so I am going to be beat for a few days. Sunburn is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
You know I work at water world, I could've gotten you 15$ tickets unless you already bought them/you got a better deal already/you know someone else who works there.

Lol omg Zenjamin, the first time I saw your name I was going to immediately post your lag video but you did it already :chuckle: Anyways, I still play Ganon in melee, Timotee picked him up too. In terms of brawl, I think he's just a joke character compared to, like what Tony said, anyone with a projectile or speed.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Zeal - Ill let you know. I have to pull in some favors. I am sure I can get a Wii and TV though. What time would you need me to come to help setup? And I am not sure yet. right now my wallet is letting out moths. But I am sure I can make the penny I have stretch once I give a few people a call.

@ Spirit - Well shi- XD I didn't order them. I live with lotus's mom, and her mom ordered them for like, eight people. So Ill keep that in mind next time they want to go.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. CO players, do not worry about TV's. Cutthroat has more than enough TV's for this event but Wii's are needed!! Just FYI. Also, pre-reg ends next Thursday so make sure you signup to get the discount rate. The goal is 100 smashers setting a record attendance for any Smash event in Colorado. Current record is 78 at the last Cutthroat. Let's do this Colorado!!

Ravin

Smash Lord
Alright then. Ill do that. DFG. Link me to the site please. If you will. Or someone. I lost my Links in my bookmarks after I reinstalled the epic firefox.

Top Bottom