• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Ya Steve, i'd be down for it. 5dollars is nothing, plus i just like smashfests. GG fests more now though?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
yea i'm gonna be ordering guilty gear used off gamestop for the wii. Its only gonna cost 21$+shipping.
i got it for the ps2, but i just use classic controller when playing it for the wii.
Even so, you can switch the dpad menu to be used on the Wii version, which plays just about the same, but with a much smaller dpad. Although having played the PS2 version its just much easier to use.

So anyone doing anything today / tomorrow?

I would be down for some smash / guilty gear

Also would anyone be interested in the idea of Denver Bi-Weeklys? 5$ / event starting next weekend?

Not gonna do it till I know if people would come or not but I will run them if people are interested.
I'll do biweeklies, probably not make a bunch of them due to work so we'll see. Since I'll play both GG and smash(mostly melee)

Lmao, I thought Bridget was a girl and was joking around. I just looked it up on wikipedia -.-

That sucks...
Herrooooooooooooooooooooo

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
happy bday and i'm getting guilty gear sometime next week since i ordered it online can't wait to get gooood. Then we can do combos and CCCCCCCOMBO BBREAKER

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Man, the NM tourney being on a thurs / Fri is a real kick in the crotch.

I might not be able to go.

Aside from that,

I'd like to officially announce the 1st Denver Bi-Weekly

Location = TBA, but somewhere in Denver
When = Next Weekend July 12th / 13th
What = Brawl Singles / Doubles and MAYBE Melee singles, if we have time / interest

5$ / Event

No Kennys

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I can, Thurs / Fri I might have to work.

Ill check and see, but I neewd the hours right now and cant really afford to ask off for days that I could be working.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I would love to do something tonight if people are getting together(Brawl, Melee, Guilty Gear, i don't really care what we play). Who else wants to play and where should we hook up? 303-547-6131
Wait, Kenny is alive? :D

Yea, I would totally be down with biweeklies. Unfortunately I'll be gone for another month :(

If I held a smash fest tomorrow, would anyone come? I sort of want to play at least a little smash before I leave again... :/

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Kenny is alive? :D

Yea, I would totally be down with biweeklies. Unfortunately I'll be gone for another month :(

If I held a smash fest tomorrow, would anyone come? I sort of want to play at least a little smash before I leave again... :/
Ya, sure, but where do you live?

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Harsh. I didn't realize that requesting a day, maybe two, off from work was such a big deal.
Well, usually people like us need to work to pay bills, and when you dont work, you cant pay those bills....

Also typically tournies are held on the weekends, except when the people hosting them put them aside for stupid lame concerts instead.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Well, usually people like us need to work to pay bills, and when you dont work, you cant pay those bills....
Can't you just switch shifts with someone? I had to do that for nearly every single tourney we had since I got a job(June something), so I just take one of their shifts during my other days off. Still got my 2 personal days unused.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Can't you just switch shifts with someone? I had to do that for nearly every single tourney we had since I got a job(June something), so I just take one of their shifts during my other days off. Still got my 2 personal days unused.
Well, usually people like us need to work to pay bills, and when you dont work, you cant pay those bills.....
Reread that.

Can NOT pay bills if he does NOT work.

Meaning if he switches shifts, he does not earn money, which with he cannot pay bills.

I feel ya Stevey Breezy Beautiful Cover Brawl :(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
One day I can request off fine. But there isn't anyone for me to switch shifts with. I can probably get the time, but the question is how much money will I lose out on by not working those days? $40? $120?

Again, we'll see.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Reread that.

Can NOT pay bills if he does NOT work.

Meaning if he switches shifts, he does not earn money, which with he cannot pay bills.
Switching shifts just means that you'll do the time you missed from that day on one of your days off....you don't lose any money since you'll be getting back the time you missed anyways. Wtf Jamamamal?

One day I can request off fine. But there isn't anyone for me to switch shifts with. I can probably get the time, but the question is how much money will I lose out on by not working those days? $40? $120?

Again, we'll see.
This is different since Tim can't switch with anyone, meaning taking a personal day and thus losing the $$

Ravin

Smash Lord
Does anyone know when the next part of the CCCT is supposed to start up? Augest 7th? Link please.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
But the rest of us will be there for the meleeeeeeeeeee, and unless Tony wants to drive by himself with his own car for 6 hours he'll have to like...ditch class or something.

Anyone doing anything today? I have a 2 day break(and tomorrow) so lets fest, I really want to be good at GGXXAC, I'm considering just joining the C3T one for their competitive atmosphere.

Ferdi edit: And for some reason its amazingly hard for my Marth to beat Kenny's Fox now, not that it was easy before but right before we went into brawl and I played Kenny it was pretty weird since I thought it was easy back then. ****IT KENNY STOP GETTING GOOD BY NOT PLAYING!

Top Bottom