• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So, does denver have a live brawl scene? my friend will be up there for a week and Im sure he would like to play with you guys

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
YO I JUST SAPPED YOUR ADMIN POWERS
CHECK OUT THESE CAPS MANG

MY ADMIN POWERS PREDICT SOMEONE GONNA SAY THIS PAGE OF THE THREAD SUCKS AND SHOULD KILLS ITS SELF

HI DILLION AND SORRY

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
That's a bit more compelling now.

I can understand if you are real why you can't make it to most, being 16 and all.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Heres hoping you only read part of that. Oh please.

I posted too much personal things in a fit of self pity. Gonna delete that now that ya got an eyeful. xD
On a man rag right now apparently. >w> I stand by what I say though. I miss my friends in arizona alot and its been tearing at me.

Being 16 can be inconvenient. Not having a car kinda blows too.
But thats no excuses for claiming i'll be going to these things so yea, I bring it upon myself.

If any of ya'll want to identify heres a really easy way how too.

My hairs blue. C:

I got it dyed black recently and cut. But like...
I guess it didn't blend very well with my hair color so now its like a super dark blue that shines in the sun. I look like someone straight outta an anime.

Ya know I was skeptical at first, but damn it looks pretty stylish!

NOOO! You didn't put your cursing in all caps like I did! ****! ****! ****!
See the difference?
But but but but...
I didn't even curse!

I just mashed the * button. :D

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
You guys are getting off topic. Pros play smash in Denver. Who's down to play today or tomorrow or this weekend. I'm still calling you guys out :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Seizure tags, plz.

Brawl tomorrow in denver kk!?!?!?!?!?!? Who is down. Yes cool kids use full caps i live right by denver and i wanna play some smash. Stop bein chickens irl and lets brawl kk??
Do you want to play Brawl, or to play Smash? Ya gotta differentiate (YES, I GET TO TROLL ABOUT BRAWL NOT BEING A REAL GAME AGAIN!).

Heres hoping you only read part of that. Oh please.

I posted too much personal things in a fit of self pity. Gonna delete that now that ya got an eyeful. xD
On a man rag right now apparently. >w> I stand by what I say though. I miss my friends in arizona alot and its been tearing at me.

Being 16 can be inconvenient. Not having a car kinda blows too.
But thats no excuses for claiming i'll be going to these things so yea, I bring it upon myself.

If any of ya'll want to identify heres a really easy way how too.

My hairs blue. C:

I got it dyed black recently and cut. But like...
I guess it didn't blend very well with my hair color so now its like a super dark blue that shines in the sun. I look like someone straight outta an anime.

Ya know I was skeptical at first, but damn it looks pretty stylish!

But but but but...
I didn't even curse!

I just mashed the * button. :D
Don't forget to mention the part where you're white. No real brother/brotha would toss an "h" at the end of that word. Ever.

Its not that there hard to pull off, but every character can create near impossible blockstrings. Deadpools quick work assist is all you need to make unblockable situation. (Or any attack that hits either high or low for that matter)

That and deadpool as a character is ridiculously simple. Everything combos with him. They actually found a loop with his bolo, that takes around half the opponents health bar, but the real attraction of it is that it takes like 30 seconds of the timer away. Awesome time out tactic. =w=
Except she can do it by herself, and if your characters aren't OTG capable, Deadpool's B assist is much more useful for extending combos.

Have you tried any of his combos? The BnB I do is fairly simple, but I still mess up the ender randomly. If you can do his Quick Work loop and record it, I'll give you $5. Deadpool is good, but if you're going to say one character is "ridiculously simple", you better know what you're talking about. He's versatile, but simple isn't so much how I'd describe him. The Bolo loop is corner only, btw, and your back has to be flush against the corner, which means you need either a corner katana or a quick work to set it up.

His projectile game is good, but when your projectiles only have .8 durability points, pretty much anyone with a beam can shut that ish down.

It's great that you've obviously found srk.com and trag13's channel, but as I've learned, you don't know **** until you start playing people.

WHY AM I EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THIS POST? SUNNY IS TROLL, SUNNY IS FAKE, DAMMIT!

...What if Sunny is Peter?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Shout-outs :

Tim - Shut up, you live with me. You think you get shout-outs? Also, She-Hulk is bs. :(

Yang - GGs, Imma take matches off you next time, I swear. Hopefully I'll have a team established by then. You need to teach me about the tri-jump mix-ups. Also, make Dante a real character already.

Ferdi - :(((((( How dare you win with Arthur? :(((((( GGs, glad to see SOMEONE is stylish enough to rock Mango Sent and Joe on the same team.

Berdo - Much better nickname than Berdi. This kid is broken. It's like fighting a little Ferdi that was trained by Ferdi. Except, I think he's taller than Ferdi. Wtf. Watching you and Mikezor play is absolutely hilarious.

Mikezor - cr.l, cr.m, cr.h, S, j.mhs (land), dash, katana-h version>h-followup, dash, 2c, s , j.cS (count to one), air happy happy trigger

There's your combo to learn with Deadpool. You can do everything after the katana from your overhead, or forward throw, too. Get to it, mangz!

Nite - You gotsta get a stick!

Eric/Pong - Aren't on these boards, and I didn't get to play them cuz I got all tired n stuff, but thanks for coming!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I was about to make a guide on how to play against Sentinel but then I realized all I did was write a guide about how to block Sent's stuff and not actually punishing him for it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Brawlllllllllll ur all just a bunch of bad Chickens. Marvel is for watching not playing. Who's gonna step up huh? Denver this week brawl. If u aren't scared step up, otherwise ur a bed wetter irl if you don't. Put your purses down and beat me.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Brawlllllllllll ur all just a bunch of bad Chickens. Marvel is for watching not playing. Who's gonna step up huh? Denver this week brawl. If u aren't scared step up, otherwise ur a bed wetter irl if you don't. Put your purses down and beat me.
I thought you liked Melee. Ask us to play Melee.

BTW

Watch this the whole way through. It's pretty lame until near the end. Sunny is 2 guys, rest of the world is that one guy at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFykoEmBq5A&feature=related

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
I'd be down for smash on Sunday, and can even host. Just more than one person has to be willing to drive up to fort collins...

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
I like brawl melee is the gay. How far is fort Collins from golden ill go if it's not like super far

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Come on Friday to Colorado Springs to the McDonalds on I-25 and Garden of the Gods if you're itching to play.

I don't play, but 2 people at the meetup do.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
No no no Tony you don't understand, see I found this vid and...

It's great that you've obviously found trag13's channel,.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!

And yo of course im white but thats not really...er distinguishing in CO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLt5b304ZHs

But a white persona can still be a theoritcal brother...in there only nerdy white person way. :D

Im fairly good with deadpools BnB, but its like the only combo I can do consistently. I just have different ways to lead into it. Overhead to shoryuken launcher works pretty consistently. What part in particular do ya have trouble with? '3'

Man, you serious about the 5 dollar for quick work loop? how many times do I gotta loop it? I can do it up to 3 times max, but I was only able to pull that off once. .___. Oh and bolo loops ain't that good after katanarama. You can loop it like...only a few times sadly.

The best way to camp with him is too jump. ALOOOOOT! I just his jumping medium trigger happy. It basically forces all air approaches to stop. Throw in a few grenades and teleport or quick work when they get close and you'll be chipping away at there health and timing out peeps like a pro!

Beams are problem though. He can out camp sentitels lazors, but magneto and doom can stop him. For those guys I use jumping light trigger happy. You can combo after it on landing even! :D Still, there tough to get in on.

Sorry im ranting too much. xD I love playing as deadpool. And I only say hes simple because hes got great tools for alot of situations. Like, i'll never have to struggle to get around something as him. Hes just got alot of simple straight forward options. Even if your opponent blocks your block strings you can light trigger happy into ninja surprise and shuriken jump away~! He just clicks with me I guess.

I just bought a deadpool comic today. I never knew about the dood til this game came out. =p

Oh, we still need to battle! Whats your PSN again?

And sorry I went on a rant there.

Also if your talking to me, would that mean your talking to yourself because you I exist? Just food for thought. Am I a figment of CO's imaginations?

I like brawl melee is the gay. How far is fort Collins from golden ill go if it's not like super far
Really? I thought of you more as a melee guy. I suck at it, but its fun man!
Oh and ya got a set a schedule or something for us ya know? Ya got a google map too your house or something? '3' My wiis busted so I need some practice before cutthroat tourney.

That second guy used 2/3 of my team.... nooooooooooooo
THATS LIKE
LIKE EVERY 2/3RDS OF A FURRYS TEAM!
AHH

Oh but good news! Ammy + felicia go well together. Imo atleast. A lock down assist with a mix up character? Man you can basically force people to keep blocking felcia's mixup.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Well I can see if my sister will let us brawl at our house in golden. Ill supply pizza someone just needs to bring a Wii and some controllers :D. All I do on melee is run around as Samus dropping bombs it makes people nerd rage irl. I actually play brawl so we can probably brawl at my sisters just need a Wii and brawl and controllers.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
I would have found a place in Denver but I've only been in this state 2 1/2 weeks so I don't have friends yet D:

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
k so you're not interested in Springsfest then.

Edit: Zournament Pt.3 Talk Time:

Needing a survey done, but before that, I want to know when people are actually off from college and whatnot so I can organize a better date.

Also

PREEMPTIVE ATTACK!
First Strike!
Look in my god damn sig!

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
k so you're not interested in Springsfest then.

Edit: Zournament Pt.3 Talk Time:

Needing a survey done, but before that, I want to know when people are actually off from college and whatnot so I can organize a better date.

Also

PREEMPTIVE ATTACK!
First Strike!
Look in my god damn sig!
i get out around the 14th of May and will be in town after that till late August

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
AUTO-PARRY

Huh? I can't see in your sig dan. The post was too short apparently.....You get a cool gif or something?

But hey, whens zournament?

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Im interested just can't make it that far my truck uses gas at the rate a 935 lb person uses their energy running uphill that's why I'd prefer something in Denver area. I want to brawl so bad sigh.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hey so why are we not organized yet? (for smash)

And anyone in the Fort Collins area we have a tourney this weekend at Allison hall (Brawl)
I'll be there!

WAIT **** I DON'T HAVE MY CAR

Top Bottom