• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collision V! Now BRAWL and MELEE!

iRJi

Smash Champion
Any bonus's for complete setups? (melee)
Didn't even notice this lol. The discounts are in the OP near the top. first 5 for both wii/cube and tvs will receive discounts.

WHich brings up a good point

I need setups!!

If you can bring a wii, or a gamecube, I strongly encorage you to do so. TV's are just as important, so please if you can help out, do so. The more setups, the faster the tournament will run!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Didn't even notice this lol. The discounts are in the OP near the top. first 5 for both wii/cube and tvs will receive discounts.

WHich brings up a good point

I need setups!!

If you can bring a wii, or a gamecube, I strongly encorage you to do so. TV's are just as important, so please if you can help out, do so. The more setups, the faster the tournament will run!
So after the first 5 people no one else is going to receive discounts for bringing in set ups??? And I'm confused with the Ruling for Brawl on stages...

"Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches"

So its after Stage Striking we call our bans? And do we have to call our stage bans only at that time??? Sorry, not use to a ruleset like this :/

iRJi

Smash Champion
So after the first 5 people no one else is going to receive discounts for bringing in set ups??? And I'm confused with the Ruling for Brawl on stages...

"Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches"

So its after Stage Striking we call our bans? And do we have to call our stage bans only at that time??? Sorry, not use to a ruleset like this :/
No, it works like normal. I just wrote it in the wrong place xD. When I have some time ill go back and fix it

iRJi

Smash Champion
The first 10 wiis/cubes and TVs (first 5 for either event) that are brought for will receive discounts

iRJi

Smash Champion
hows attendance for melee looking?
Its looking ok so far. I feel its around the 20s from the amount people have been posting and commenting that they are coming with a carpool

Arhungry

Smash Rookie
NNID
Arhungry
Where do you live? I know of some people that may still have open car spots.

I'm wondering this too.
Madison/Drew University, NJ, its by Morristown,[To be more specific Drew University, 36 Madison Avenue, Madison, NJ] if you can let some people know let them know I would chip in for gas/tolls.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I am coming to this most likely. Trying to get an Md/Va carpool going. So far just me and SSR, but I'll ask today.

Anybody good wanna team? :wolf:+:metaknight: is pretty OP. Just saying.

I think I have housing with DeltaGod, but I'll talk with him today if he can house a carpool.

If I could not have to pay venue fee since I'll be paying a ****load of tolls to come to Ny, that would be much appreciated...And I am bringing my own setup (tv+wii) as well :).

:018:

:phone:

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am coming to this most likely. Trying to get an Md/Va carpool going. So far just me and SSR, but I'll ask today.

Anybody good wanna team? :wolf:+:metaknight: is pretty OP. Just saying.

I think I have housing with DeltaGod, but I'll talk with him today if he can house a carpool.

If I could not have to pay venue fee since I'll be paying a ****load of tolls to come to Ny, that would be much appreciated...And I am bringing my own setup (tv+wii) as well :).

:018:

:phone:

^First 5 to bring set ups only get discounts :/
As noted above.

To answer you question: It depends on how far the travel is. If you are taking a plane from point A to point B, then I can understand wanting some discounts, and that would be negotiable for people who are doing so. I do not consider MDVA to be too far unfortunately. For fairness, I remember when JRUGS from Maryland came to the event, and he received no discount. I also have travelers who are coming from PA as well, almost totaling 3 hours, who are not getting a discount as well.

Sorry =/

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Is there anyway to claim the set up discounts, I see no one calling dibs in the thread. I'd feel pretty screwed over for risking bringing my set up to NY and not being accommodated for it because 5 of the local players managed to show up before oos players.

Also, looking like more melee than brawl hype, here....

Also also, anyone want to team with :pit:/:pikachu2:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm coming to this, if you play YUGIOH, BRING YOUR ****, TELL YOUR FRIENDS, DON'T ****EN FORGET!

:017:

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yeah what Thunder said. There are sometimes as many Yu-gio-oh players as there are smashers.
What Keit said. Remember when I told you about one of my locals where I get all the prizes and ****? This is that local lmao. I am pretty sure he has having a box tournament as well.

@Luckay:

The rule was made when I use to collect about 20-30 ish people. At the rate it is right now, the rule has to be changed.

This is the new rule for it:

If you brought a setup and we use it, you will receive a discount!

This does not mean you are guaranteed a setup discount if you brought one. We have to actually give you an OK to use it! Sticking your setup in and setting it up randomly without telling us will not get you a discount! You must bring it and check it in at the T.O desk to see if it will be used. Your name will be written down stating that you have a setup and need to be reimbursed. This also prevents players from getting anything stolen, or people randomly taking it.

Also to note, your setup must maintain there throughout the whole event. If you leave early, you will not receive a setup discount. All setups brought and used will be reimbursed during the end of the event!

Also luckay, check in on the facebook page. that is where all the brawl players are talking about it xD.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Stage banning occurs before game 1? Interesting, I haven't seen that done since MLG. I wonder if anyone will notice/enforce this lol.
Damn it. I have to fix that. It happens like norma, it was just an error in writing

Top Bottom